Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FFA Bored Games - Survivor: Fleece Island - Podium Results

27 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

For those of you who are aware there are a bunch of nerds who used to play a game called werewolf here, imagine we called it Mafia like much of the rest of the world, and see it as slightly less dorky. Slightly.

Then open up your mind to Idiot Boxer and Evilgrin and worm and fatguy and Hags and Cav and B-Deep and others bull####ting and shticking for a couple of weeks while a game takes place around it. We're not talking about LARPing or anything that drastic.  You're trying to solve a puzzle, basically. 

If you're interested in joining, drop me a PM and I'll see if we can get you registered over there to play.

Fair warning: The first couple of game days can be a LOT of posting and a little overwhelming, like when you check out of one of these games for a couple of hours and come back to several pages to catch up on.  But it usually settles into a little slower pace thereafter.  

Is this like fightclub for nerds?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have something pretty cool (in my humble opinion) to share with my slice of the FFA here. I'm a shameless ubernerd, and could use your support.

I auditioned for and was cast in a webseries! It's a group of us playing an actual game of D&D, with actors coming along after to act out our dialogue (mime) and combat scenes. Think something along the lines of "Drunk History". It's called Masters of the Box (hold the snickering, or not), named after the iconic "red box" Basic Set of D&D released 35 years ago. I play Jhinn, a young monk with a bit of a patience problem, and then Denzel Washington brings the character to life on screen.

I could use your help with getting things a bit more visible.

So, first, give the Season 1 teaser trailer a watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EbOJANKk. If you're legitimately interested and would like to know more information, subscribe to the MotB YouTube channel. I suppose I could grovel for everyone to hit the Subscribe button... yeah, sounds good. Bop that Subscribe button!

Next, if you would like any more information on the project, you can visit our website at https://mastersofthebox.com.

Last, if you'd pretty please upvote this reddit post, I'd be much obliged: https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/97sv2k/oc_i_auditioned_for_and_was_cast_for_a_brandnew/

• Like 15

1 minute ago, hagmania said:

Hey guys, I have something pretty cool (in my humble opinion) to share with my slice of the FFA here. I'm a shameless ubernerd, and could use your support.

I auditioned for and was cast in a webseries! It's a group of us playing an actual game of D&D, with actors coming along after to act out our dialogue (mime) and combat scenes. Think something along the lines of "Drunk History". It's called Masters of the Box (hold the snickering, or not), named after the iconic "red box" Basic Set of D&D released 35 years ago. I play Jhinn, a young monk with a bit of a patience problem, and then Denzel Washington brings the character to life on screen.

I could use your help with getting things a bit more visible.

So, first, give the Season 1 teaser trailer a watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EbOJANKk. If you're legitimately interested and would like to know more information, subscribe to the MotB YouTube channel. I suppose I could grovel for everyone to hit the Subscribe button... yeah, sounds good. Bop that Subscribe button!

Next, if you would like any more information on the project, you can visit our website at https://mastersofthebox.com.

Last, if you'd pretty please upvote this reddit post, I'd be much obliged: https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/97sv2k/oc_i_auditioned_for_and_was_cast_for_a_brandnew/

Omgomgomgomg 

Awe.Some

• Like 1

Just now, hagmania said:

I do flex my funny bone (at least, I hope it's funny) in the series too. I play a low INT character, one of my favorite archetypes.

"play"

I kid.

lawful good, too- yes? dumb and lawful good... yeah- opens up some fun possibilities

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Floppo said:

assuming it's improved..ish... are some of the gamers wanting to grand-stand and steal the spotlight here, or are you guys playing it pretty straight up?

Yes, the only thing written for us at the table is the DM's guidance from our director and producer. At the very start we were a bit awkward on stepping into each others' speech. We settle in as a group pretty soon by my estimation; it was one of the more cooperative experiences I've had at a table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hagmania said:

Yes, the only thing written for us at the table is the DM's guidance from our director and producer. At the very start we were a bit awkward on stepping into each others' speech. We settle in as a group pretty soon by my estimation; it was one of the more cooperative experiences I've had at a table.

that's great- certainly could've gone the other way... as some games do.

plus, they'll edit it however they want at end anyways.

are there plans to shoot more episodes? or did you already shoot/play everything?

Just now, El Floppo said:

that's great- certainly could've gone the other way... as some games do.

plus, they'll edit it however they want at end anyways.

are there plans to shoot more episodes? or did you already shoot/play everything?

Due to budget and timeline we have shot Season 1 in its entirety at the table. These factors are also why we don't have a true mage-type. They are now filming live-action and editing episodes for release. Each episode aims to be around 30 minutes. There is not an official premiere date yet.

We have started taking investors in the project and if we hit the goal Season 2 will be greenlit. Optimal state would be recording gameplay in smaller chunks so that our minds are all a little fresher than what might be seen at the tail end of S1. Will also allow the creative team time to react to what happens at the table and plan future recording sessions better.

• Like 2

First things first - if you haven't checked out my announcement, please do so. I'm really excited about the project and will probably be bringing updates with each game from here to eternity.

Now, to business.

We'll crown two winners today. The typical, run-of-the-mill winner is still going to typical, run-of-the-mill total points. The other player will have to be a survivor. If your answer falls in the bottom half of most popular responses, you will be eliminated from the survivor competition. Last sheep standing wins! In the case of simultaneous elimination of the remaining survivor sheep... I'll make something up.

PM me what you think will be the most popular response (counted from all other players) to the following prompts:

1. Name a type of salad dressing.
2. Name a museum in the Smithsonian Institution.
3. Name a fictional character with a speech impediment.
4. Name a commonly established "fact" about vampires.
5. Name one of the Seven Dwarfs.
6. Name an animal and adjective (or metaphor) that is associated to that animal. (Example: paranoid as a prairie dog. Responses of "paranoid as a prairie dog" will receive chuckles from your host but 0 points in the game.)
7. Name an NFL team which did not make the playoffs last season that has the best chance of doing so this season.
8. What's the most tolerable thing to shop for at a large mall?
9, Name a famous duo.
10. What's the worst theme you can imagine for a daycare? A bonus of 3 points if you also provide a name for the establishment.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, hagmania said:

First things first - if you haven't checked out my announcement, please do so. I'm really excited about the project and will probably be bringing updates with each game from here to eternity.

Watched the trailer. Congrats, man! 

• Like 1

• hagmania changed the title to FFA Bored Games - Survivor: Fleece Island - Podium Results