Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

FFA Bored Games - The 4 Games of Christmas (Soon!)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have a black sheep in our midst!   And what did @krista4 say? When I was ~12, we had a plant that looked like pot growing in our kitchen.  I asked my mom what it was, and she gave me

OH JFC

The next game's ruleset is morphing little by little. I think it will involve giving a headline to a news story that is told only in emoji. More tinkering to be done on this one yet. 👷‍♂️

1 hour ago, hagmania said:

DA BEARS - 3

• SEXUAL ATTRACTION TO ANYTHING RELATED TO THE 1985 CHICAGO BEARS
  • Their hands get hairy
  • Trapped in El Floppo's body

:lmao:. :lmao:

Wait a sec...what!?

:hot:

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Highly experimental! ⬆️ 👩‍🔬‼️

Tentative ruleset: to be in, you must send me 4 emoji via PM. Once I get all/enough submissions, I combine those with one other set of 4, be it from someone else's PM or a set of my own. I then divvy out three of these sets of emoji to every player (Quiplash style) and they are to make a headline out of "the news." Players (and audience) then vote on the headlines, and most votes is the winner!

12 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Thanks for hosting again @hagmania!

caustic must have some ridiculous notebook.

Also, an adaptation of Spyfall would be fun. Or is that too similar to werewolf?

That game is pretty fun. I'll think on it!

10 minutes ago, dino259 said:
1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Wikipedia for water gun:

A water gun (or water pistol, water blaster, or squirt gun)

Water fountain or bubbler?

Soda or pop?

Taser or stun gun?

43 minutes ago, Jules Winnfield said:

If we do this black sheep game again, can I be the sheep?

I will pencil you in! I think it will be just a bit before we return to familiar pastures; I don't want to burn out on all the mutton.

• Like 1

Let's play: What's the News?

To be in, please PM me 4 emoji/forum emoticons. You can have repeats if you so desire. What you send me will be combined with other emoji in differing quantities, then I'll give you prompts on how to make news about the emoji that has been sent in. There will be voting on your submissions to determine who makes the best news stories!

This game will run smoother if you keep all PM conversations with me open for the duration of the game. In the past I have said that I delete all PMs as I receive them. In this case, I think it would be best to save the conversation in its entirety.

49 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Let's play: What's the News?

To be in, please PM me 4 emoji/forum emoticons. You can have repeats if you so desire. What you send me will be combined with other emoji in differing quantities, then I'll give you prompts on how to make news about the emoji that has been sent in. There will be voting on your submissions to determine who makes the best news stories!

This game will run smoother if you keep all PM conversations with me open for the duration of the game. In the past I have said that I delete all PMs as I receive them. In this case, I think it would be best to save the conversation in its entirety.

Am I understanding correctly that we're supposed to make a story out of the emojii, and then string the stories together into a bigger story? 

16 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Am I understanding correctly that we're supposed to make a story out of the emojii, and then string the stories together into a bigger story? 

That wouldn't be the goal for this exercise, but that is an interesting concept.

It would be more like Quiplash, where you're just trying to think of a snappy "headline" to the emoji news article.

14 minutes ago, hagmania said:

That wouldn't be the goal for this exercise, but that is an interesting concept.

It would be more like Quiplash, where you're just trying to think of a snappy "headline" to the emoji news article.

But for now, we send you 4 emoji/emoticons and YOU will construct the "news article", right?

This is likely to be quite time-intensive, at least the first go-round. We currently have 13 entries, which is a fine number of news articles. I'm going to cap sign-ups at tomorrow noon CT or 20 players, whichever comes first.