What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Bored Games - 9/22 SHEEP IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK - Reveal and podium! (8 Viewers)

Highly experimental! ⬆️ 👩‍🔬‼️

Tentative ruleset: to be in, you must send me 4 emoji via PM. Once I get all/enough submissions, I combine those with one other set of 4, be it from someone else's PM or a set of my own. I then divvy out three of these sets of emoji to every player (Quiplash style) and they are to make a headline out of "the news." Players (and audience) then vote on the headlines, and most votes is the winner!

Thanks for hosting again @hagmania!

caustic must have some ridiculous notebook.

Also, an adaptation of Spyfall would be fun. Or is that too similar to werewolf?

And there will be! This takes inspiration from games like Quiplash and Dixit, but is being spun from the noggin of yours truly, so bear with me a bit.

Let's play: What's the News?

To be in, please PM me 4 emoji/forum emoticons. You can have repeats if you so desire. What you send me will be combined with other emoji in differing quantities, then I'll give you prompts on how to make news about the emoji that has been sent in. There will be voting on your submissions to determine who makes the best news stories!

This game will run smoother if you keep all PM conversations with me open for the duration of the game. In the past I have said that I delete all PMs as I receive them. In this case, I think it would be best to save the conversation in its entirety.

Let's play: What's the News?

To be in, please PM me 4 emoji/forum emoticons. You can have repeats if you so desire. What you send me will be combined with other emoji in differing quantities, then I'll give you prompts on how to make news about the emoji that has been sent in. There will be voting on your submissions to determine who makes the best news stories!

This game will run smoother if you keep all PM conversations with me open for the duration of the game. In the past I have said that I delete all PMs as I receive them. In this case, I think it would be best to save the conversation in its entirety.
Am I understanding correctly that we're supposed to make a story out of the emojii, and then string the stories together into a bigger story? 

Am I understanding correctly that we're supposed to make a story out of the emojii, and then string the stories together into a bigger story? 
That wouldn't be the goal for this exercise, but that is an interesting concept.

It would be more like Quiplash, where you're just trying to think of a snappy "headline" to the emoji news article.

That wouldn't be the goal for this exercise, but that is an interesting concept.

It would be more like Quiplash, where you're just trying to think of a snappy "headline" to the emoji news article.
But for now, we send you 4 emoji/emoticons and YOU will construct the "news article", right?

I sent emojis, but not really sure what is happening.   :popcorn:

Outside of the FBG emoticons, I can't even tell what half the emojis are when I see them in posts.  They are so damn tiny.

This is likely to be quite time-intensive, at least the first go-round. We currently have 13 entries, which is a fine number of news articles. I'm going to cap sign-ups at tomorrow noon CT or 20 players, whichever comes first.

Users who are viewing this thread