Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Rise and Fall of ESPN

On 2/1/2021 at 12:23 PM, Deranged Hermit said:

Reading this thread reminds me just how little I have watched espn the past decade or so. I'll watch nfl games and the occasional baseball game, but I couldn't tell you the last time I watched Sportscenter or pardon the interruption or the like.

Honestly,  if espn went off the air tomorrow,  I wouldn't blink an eye. 

Yep. Mid 00s - Early 10s, ATH and PTI were on the tv daily M-F. Can't tell you the last time I've watched either.

Tebow-mania and the Bron years Heat really were the beginning of the downfall when the network went from sports news to sports TMZ.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Internet

Too bad the Confederacy didn't have a General Bayless.

THE INTERNET!

1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I also like some of their ads. Too bad most of their regular programming sucks so bad.

The ads were great.  Loved Charlie Steiner as the poolboy in the mock Melrose Place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Kenny mayne the latest guy laid off. 

That network is such a joke. They have Bart Scott on there who can barely form a complete sentence. That is all that needs to be said about how pathetic they are. Zero sports knowledge required,  well any knowledge really to work there.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Kenny mayne the latest guy laid off. 

What a lineup they had back in the day.  Patrick, Olbermann, Scott, Eisen, Kilborn, Mayne. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tin Cup said:

What a lineup they had back in the day.  Patrick, Olbermann, Scott, Eisen, Kilborn, Mayne. 

It's just amazing they decided people would rather see loudmouths (whom are not even consistent or knowledge) yell at each other instead of these guys show highlights most of the day.  They even made sports I rarely cared about (like baseball and hockey) interesting. These days I only turn on ESPN when I want to watch something or up late enough to watch Van Pelt. I cringe when it is bars and restaurants (pre COVID I guess). Terrible business move.:shrug: 

Stuart Scott such a big loss so early too...RIP