What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bell for Nuk and Landry? (1 Viewer)

Borden

Footballguy
12 Team PPR Dyno: QB, RB RB, WR WR WR, TE, Flex

This is me trying to think of a trade but he already has Hopkins on his trade bait list. For me I need WRs and have RBs. Bell would give him a crazy trio that he could start with Ajayi, Zeke and Bell plus still be able to start Dez and DT. 

Or should I just scrap the idea of moving Bell? From a points per week aspect, I think I will be in the negative from this trade and a stud RB can win championships.

On the flip side, Bell is likely at his peak value and is by far my best option for adding "top" WRs. Plus, if Gordon, Cook and LF can be produce two RB1 and a RB2 then I should be okay. I have Lat Murray and Martin for depth/break glass situations.

My Team:

Bridgewater, Teddy MIN QB

Goff, Jared LAR QB

Newton, Cam CAR QB

Barber, Peyton TBB RB

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

Cook, Dalvin MIN RB

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB

Martin, Doug TBB RB

Murray, Latavius MIN RB

Williams, Karlos FA RB

Aiken, Kamar IND WR

Crowder, Jamison WAS WR

Gabriel, Taylor ATL WR

Hill, Tyreek KCC WR

Jackson, DeSean TBB WR

Jones, Zay BUF WR

Kerley, Jeremy SFO WR

Lee, Marqise JAC WR

Marshall, Jalin NYJ WR

Nelson, J.J. ARI WR

Robinson, Demarcus KCC WR

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE

Thomas, Julius MIA TE

****** His Team: 

Brees, Drew NOS QB

Glennon, Mike CHI QB

Smith, Alex KCC QB

Trubisky, Mitchell CHI QB 

Ajayi, Jay MIA RB

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB

Blount, LeGarrette PHI RB

Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB

Mays, Devante GBP RB

Williams, Damien MIA RB

Williams, DeAngelo FA RB

Beasley, Cole DAL WR

Boldin, Anquan FA WR

Britt, Kenny CLE WR

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Garcon, Pierre SFO WR

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

Quick, Brian WAS WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Ebron, Eric DET TE

Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE

Kendricks, Lance GBP TE

Reed, Jordan WAS TE

You can afford to move Bell, but personally I'd want more than two WRs I am rather down on.

Bell should be able to get you a top tier WR, based on startup ADP.  I think if I couldn't flip him for a Julio, Evans or Green I'd hold.

You can afford to move Bell, but personally I'd want more than two WRs I am rather down on.

Bell should be able to get you a top tier WR, based on startup ADP.  I think if I couldn't flip him for a Julio, Evans or Green I'd hold.
I thought about trading for Julio and Green but they are on the older side so I don't think that the typical WR longevity boost is there. Bell should have 4 or 5 years of good to great production as he is 25 for this season. Julio is 28 putting him at 33 before he starts to make up the point difference over Bell. And Green is even older at/will be 29 this season. 

Evans I could see making up the since will be 24 this year. 

The reason that I wanted to get Hopkins and Landry is because I think they are both buy low guys right now. I'm not saying that you're wrong to be down on them because most people are. But Landry will turn 25 mid season and I think is a solid WR2. Hopkins just turned 25. Even if he never hits his overall WR3 ceiling again, he should be able to be a career low end WR1. I think it's almost impossible for him to have a worse QB situation than last year. The QB rotation he had in 2015 somewhat shows this. I think both are young enough that they could still improve as well.

Also, thank you for the response. I'm not trying to argue with you about things just trying to gather as much of your opinion as possible.

Your reasoning is sound, we just have differing evaluations on Hopkins and Bell.

To me, Hopkins elite season seems more like a fluke than a ceiling.  I expect he continues to produce as a decent WR1, but not in the top half.  On the other side, I don't actually see Bell's body holding up for another 4-5 years.  I'm giving him only a 2-3 year window of truly elite performance, and I think Julio and Green can outlast that fairly easily.

Only time will tell which of us is right...I can see your way of thinking easily enough.

I agree with Arodin. Just don't think you are getting enough for Bell here. I think that is a great deal for Gordon maybe, but not Bell. Bell is still only 25, and I think its very possible he hasn't had his best season yet. The Steelers o-line is as good as its been in years, and Roethlisberger is starting to decline a bit, so Bell could be in for a career year this year.

The only WR's I'd deal Bell for are Beckham or Evans. 

keep bell unless you are getting a stud back.

my other piece of reasoning not mentioned above is i'd be really cautious assuming cook and fournette just hop right in and provide those stats you need at RB.

So, Bell for Beckham or Evans. 

If you were a Bell owner what would I have to add to Bell to get OBJ? In addition to what is listed for my roster, I have my 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks. 

And Bell for Evans straight up?

OBJ owners team and Evans owners team:

Evans:

Bortles, Blake JAC QB

Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB

Abdullah, Ameer DET RB

Booker, Devontae DEN RB

Henderson, De'Angelo DEN RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB

Mack, Marlon IND RB

McGuire, Elijah NYJ RB

McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

Agholor, Nelson PHI WR

Coleman, Corey CLE WR

Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR

Higgins, Rashard CLE WR

Hollins, Mack PHI WR

Matthews, Rishard TEN WR

Williams, Tyrell LAC WR

Woods, Robert LAR WR

Butt, Jake DEN TE (R)

Clay, Charles BUF TE

Doyle, Jack IND TE

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

**** OBJ:

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Kessler, Cody CLE QB

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB

Crowell, Isaiah CLE RB

Forte, Matt NYJ RB

Freeman, Devonta ATL RB

Lacy, Eddie SEA RB

Austin, Tavon LAR WR

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR

Butler, Brice DAL WR

Darboh, Amara SEA WR

Hunter, Justin PIT WR

Marshall, Brandon NYG WR

Patterson, Cordarrelle OAK WR

Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

Williams, Terrance DAL WR

McDonald, Vance SFO TE

Miller, Zach CHI TE

Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Waller, Darren BAL TE

Last edited by a moderator:
My question to Borden is....why do you want to deal Bell?

Why not deal Melvin Gordon and try and get a really good WR, perhaps package Gordon + and try and get Julio or AJ Green?

BTW, Hopkins and Landry isn't enough for Bell.  You're selling an superelite player for two good ones but not great ones.

Also, you say that Bell will be great for 4-5 more years.  I wouldn't assume that.  It's hard to predict that far down the road.  I like to look at my dynasty team in 3 year windows.  

Now if you can trade Bell for OBJ or Evans, I can find a way to pull the trigger on that.  You may have to sweeten the deal a little.  But personally, I would be looking to deal Gordon in a package and try to receive Julio or AJ Green.

Hopkins and Landry are not enough.  Just as you mentioned in one of your posts....you are trying to buy low on them.  Well, giving up Bell is far from buying low.  That is paying a premium price for those two guys.  As other's have mentioned, if you are intent on moving Bell then you need to get one of the top WR's in return. 

My question to Borden is....why do you want to deal Bell?

Why not deal Melvin Gordon and try and get a really good WR, perhaps package Gordon + and try and get Julio or AJ Green?

BTW, Hopkins and Landry isn't enough for Bell.  You're selling an superelite player for two good ones but not great ones.

Also, you say that Bell will be great for 4-5 more years.  I wouldn't assume that.  It's hard to predict that far down the road.  I like to look at my dynasty team in 3 year windows.  

Now if you can trade Bell for OBJ or Evans, I can find a way to pull the trigger on that.  You may have to sweeten the deal a little.  But personally, I would be looking to deal Gordon in a package and try to receive Julio or AJ Green.
I don't really want to deal Bell. I just feel his value is at it's highest right now. I gave him 4-5 years because that's when he turns 30.

In my opinion/experience championship teams are usually vastly superior and have studs all the way through the line up. Yes, Bell is the definition of a PPR stud but my WRs are trash. I was obviously way off base with Hopkins and Landry as potential studs but I wasn't sure if Bell plus something else for Evans or OBJ would end up being a net gain. As a random guess, I would say OBJ is going to cost me Bell + T. Hill. 

I don't really want to move any of the other RBs (you mentioned Gordon) because I think all of them will increase in value after this season. 

Thanks everyone. I won't be making an offer for Nuk and Landry. However, Bell for OBJ or Evans seems to be an encouraged option. 

Anyone have offer suggestions? Or should I not not move Bell?

I don't really want to deal Bell. I just feel his value is at it's highest right now. I gave him 4-5 years because that's when he turns 30.

In my opinion/experience championship teams are usually vastly superior and have studs all the way through the line up. Yes, Bell is the definition of a PPR stud but my WRs are trash. I was obviously way off base with Hopkins and Landry as potential studs but I wasn't sure if Bell plus something else for Evans or OBJ would end up being a net gain. As a random guess, I would say OBJ is going to cost me Bell + T. Hill. 

I don't really want to move any of the other RBs (you mentioned Gordon) because I think all of them will increase in value after this season. 
As much as I would like to acquire OBJ in a dynasty, I don't think that I would pay Bell and Tyreek for OBJ, but I agree with you that is probably OBJ's price.  

Which is why I wouldn't deal Bell at all, unless you can get 2 really good players for him (better than a Hopkins/Landry combo)....... I disagree with you that Gordon's value is going to increase after this year.  I think his value has peaked.  

In my experience, it's tough to have studs all the way through the lineup, especially in a 12 teamer.  Right now, you have the best RB trio in the league, the best TE, and an above average QB.  Sure your WRs are the weak spot on your team, but you will still get some decent stats from Crowder, Hill and DJax.  Unless you can trade Gordon + a player or pick for a Julio/ AJ Green which would be an upgrade to your team, I may just stay put with what you have, or put Bell and Gordon on the block and see what you can get.  I would want 2 really good players in return for either of them, otherwise you're just running in place and not really improving your team in the short term.   But that said, I would deal Bell for OBJ or Evans straight up, but in most cases that won't be enough.

Good luck.

Bell is a game-changer. Don't give him up for a loss just because you have crap WRs.  If I was you I'd rather try and take advantage of the overvaluation of draft picks and try to move Dalvin and Murray for a top WR.

Users who are viewing this thread