What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keto II (4 Viewers)

Just the standard stuff, O.  Meat and veggies, lots and lots of low carb wraps and burritos. I'm not full-on keto, I just keep my carbs around 40-50 per day.

Any of you guys tried Halo Top ice cream?  My local grocer has like 20 different flavors.  I stood there in the aisle, holding a pint of the Pistachio (love pistachio ice cream) and decided to put it back.  Not sure if it's worth it for me to tempt fate, even if it's low sugar/carb, as I'm doing fine without sweets and I'm already on week 6 of the diet.  
This is where I am at.  I'm not good with substituting foods -  I am better at avoiding.  My wife bought a pint of lemon Halo Top and didn't like it - but she is comparing to Bryers and normal ice cream.  I took a spoonful and it was way better than freezer frost.

Any of you guys tried Halo Top ice cream?  My local grocer has like 20 different flavors.  I stood there in the aisle, holding a pint of the Pistachio (love pistachio ice cream) and decided to put it back.  Not sure if it's worth it for me to tempt fate, even if it's low sugar/carb, as I'm doing fine without sweets and I'm already on week 6 of the diet.  
We have some in the freezer, I like mint chip and mocha chip.  It's decent enough it quenches the ice cream craving but not so good that I can't stop at 1 serving (1/2 cup).  Easy for me to eat a bit and put it back.  I have a serving maybe 2-3 times/week.  Most nights I just have a couple squares of dark chocolate.

4 eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 1/2 cup mozzarella.  Cook eggs in the bacon grease.  Watch the pounds fall off.

2 hours of tennis and an soccer match this morning also help.

are you guys counting calories with this? 
I keep a record but most of the time I don't let it affect what I eat.   I really just know what foods I want to eat and stick with those.  Some days I eat 1500 calories, other days 3500, most are somewhere in between.   

I keep a record but most of the time I don't let it affect what I eat.   I really just know what foods I want to eat and stick with those.  Some days I eat 1500 calories, other days 3500, most are somewhere in between.   
I've been doing the same and am about the same levels. I'm pretty consistently 2700-3000 calories per week (daily average not weekly total)  and I think after tomorrow and summers over I'm gonna look to reign that in a bit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuel for the invitational.  

Also, I look phenomenal in my new KC Comets shirt. I may be able to recognize my abs this fall. 
I've really ramped up my exercise but my diet lacks serious motivation right now.  If I hold my breath and flex I can see the outline of abs - may have to count that.

That's bad ###.  

Time for me to cut some fat now. Been lifting hard and heavy (for me anyway) and doing creatine and eating a ton. Now I want to dial out the carbs and sugars. Starting tomorrow going low carb. Will keep carbs below 20. And I'm sure automatically will end up limiting calories pretty significantly.  Will eat proteins and fats but not worry too much about the balance of those at first. Will stay the course on creatine and lifting. Will try and cut down on the booze a bit -- enjoyed the summer, but now it's time to cool it a bit. 

Starting tomorrow. Curious to see how I feel in a week. And what happens with the body fat. 

Dropped a pork roast into the slow cooker.  Looking forward to the house smelling amazing for the next 7 hours.  I'll add a corn casserole for the kids and we are set.

Looking to try canned sardines.  This recipe for Fisherman's Eggs looks pretty yummy.  I also plan to try them straight out of the can with a fork.  

Anyone have a good experience with canned sardines or other canned fish?
So I just opened up a can of sardines, drained some of the oil, and dumped the contents into a bowl.  They aren't bad and if anything a little bland. Very similar to tuna. I may try to add some hot sauce or salsa next time.  Can has 15g of fat, 21g of protein, and zero carbs.  I may keep some cans in the car from when I am traveling - very simple food. 

Back on the Keto today, and so far so good. About to have steaks and a salad for dinner. Trying to go about 4 great weeks for sure, then have a nice 3 day vacation for our anniversary. Hope everyone else is doing well on their Keto too.

Sausage Gravy

The breakfast lasagna posted earlier inspired me to try to find a good keto biscuits and gravy. Made this Saturday, using xanthan gum (AMAZING thickener) and adding some chopped Black Forest ham cold cuts in addition to sausage. My wife made almond flour biscuits. We worked out that one serving is about 7 grams of carbs.

My 13 year old son declared them the best b&g he's ever had and asked if we could have them every weekend. Maybe son. Maybe. :D  

ETA: Here is the recipe for the biscuits.  Wife left the jalapenos out for the b&g, but we have had them in for dinner side and they are amaze-balls with butter slathered on.  On second read, we are at 4-5 carbs PER BREAKFAST FOR EFFING B AND G: Biscuits

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just opened up a can of sardines, drained some of the oil, and dumped the contents into a bowl.  They aren't bad and if anything a little bland. Very similar to tuna. I may try to add some hot sauce or salsa next time.  Can has 15g of fat, 21g of protein, and zero carbs.  I may keep some cans in the car from when I am traveling - very simple food. 
Sardines Day 2:  Drained most of the oil, dumped contents of can into small skillet.  Warmed up the little fish and broke them apart with a spatula.  Added eggs, once set I tossed 1/4 cup cheese and finished under the broiler.  Added some hot wing sauce.  

About 500 calories with maybe 1g of carbs coming from the cheese.  

Very dense and filling.  Can still taste the sardines - Will continue to experiment.  This was probably a 5/10.  I'd make it again but not something I'm going to crave.  

These things taste okay but smell like chit.....can't imagine eating them regularly.  

I'm off it now, but yes, counted calories as well - used to stay 1100 to occasionally 1500 calories. 
2-3 cups of coffee, 3 strips thick slice bacon and then sometimes a snack throughout the day.  Then a variation of meat and low carb veg and of course a 180 calorie sweet/fat bomb.  I could send you my daily spreadsheet if you would like.  

I'm eating like #### right now, but watching volume.  

Jerky is dangerous.  Usually too much sugar to make the small amounts you can eat worth it.

Wish it weren't so.  I can't recommend Blue Diamond Almonds enough - Salt and Vinegar and Habanero BBQ are the best go to snack for Keto.

I'm almost 2 months strong now btw - finally fitting into size XL shirts again.  Leaving for Vegas, so hope I don't #### up.  I think if I stick to steak houses and salads, I'll be good.

Jerky is dangerous.  Usually too much sugar to make the small amounts you can eat worth it.

Wish it weren't so.  I can't recommend Blue Diamond Almonds enough - Salt and Vinegar and Habanero BBQ are the best go to snack for Keto.

I'm almost 2 months strong now btw - finally fitting into size XL shirts again.  Leaving for Vegas, so hope I don't #### up.  I think if I stick to steak houses and salads, I'll be good.
Friggin jerky, man.  I grabbed a pack at the store and just before checking out I looked at the nutrition info to see if I could eat the whole thing or have to pace myself.  That sh#t had like 6 or 8 grams per 2 oz serving.  F that noise all day.

Friggin jerky, man.  I grabbed a pack at the store and just before checking out I looked at the nutrition info to see if I could eat the whole thing or have to pace myself.  That sh#t had like 6 or 8 grams per 2 oz serving.  F that noise all day.
Not even worth it.  You get like 2 little strips and #### up your macros for the whole day.

i know you weren't looking for meal advice but check out reddit.com/r/ketorecipes sometime when you need weekend inspiration for good homestyle tasting food.  If you're not a redditor, sort by "Top" and then "All time" for the widely regarded best one.

Snacks wise, I eat one Atkins Chocolate Chip granola bar every day and always have one on me when working out in case my blood sugar dips.  2 grams of carbs.

Also, Chipotle is my favorite "treat" meal.  You can get out of there with 9-10 net grams of carbs and have a great freaking meal.  I usually do lettuce, double chicken or steak, sour cream, guac (half portion), pico (half portion), cheese and hot sauce.  It's somewhere between 9-10 carbs and so satisfying

Not even worth it.  You get like 2 little strips and #### up your macros for the whole day.

i know you weren't looking for meal advice but check out reddit.com/r/ketorecipes sometime when you need weekend inspiration for good homestyle tasting food.  If you're not a redditor, sort by "Top" and then "All time" for the widely regarded best one.

Snacks wise, I eat one Atkins Chocolate Chip granola bar every day and always have one on me when working out in case my blood sugar dips.  2 grams of carbs.

Also, Chipotle is my favorite "treat" meal.  You can get out of there with 9-10 net grams of carbs and have a great freaking meal.  I usually do lettuce, double chicken or steak, sour cream, guac (half portion), pico (half portion), cheese and hot sauce.  It's somewhere between 9-10 carbs and so satisfying
The Chipotle salad bowl is a staple for me.  Romaine, fajita veggies, meat, pico, green tomatillo, sour cream, cheese, guac.  I don't worry about carbs from veggies. 

Their sour cream is the killer here. Don't know why it's so bad compared to regular sour cream

Nevermind. Read an article saying it was 4-5 carbs in the sour cream but in their site it says 1. I've been getting it without sour cream, damn

Users who are viewing this thread