What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes (1 Viewer)

RokNRole

Footballguy
Ok first question. I am here at a DOT medical testing facility. I think the nurse that did my intake was flirting with me. She started telling me a lot of personal stuff and for some reason decided to tell me she's single and what a difficult time she is having meeting a decent guy.

She is 110% my type. I want to ask her out but the doctor and other employees are milling around and I don't want to get her in trouble. Is it ok for me to call the facility later today, or later this week, and ask to speak to her?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok first question. I am here at a DOT medical testing facility. I think the nurse that did my intake was flirting with me. She started telling me a lot of personal stuff and for some reason decided to tell me she's single and what a difficult time she is having meeting a decent guy.

She is 110% my type. I want to ask her out but the doctor and other employees are milling around and I don't want to get her in trouble. Is it ok for me to call the facility later today, or later this week, and ask to speak to her?
I'd casually and quickly (if you're afraid of getting her in trouble) just walk over to her on your way out and say something to the effect of :

"I'd really like to talk more about what we discussed earlier, but I don't want to get you in trouble at work.  Would you like to get together sometime and maybe get to know one another better?"  If she responds positively, just jot your phone number down and hand it to her and say : "Give me a call sometime if you'd like to get together.  If not, that's cool too, I don't want to put you on the spot."  Hand her the number, smile and GTFO. 

Not exactly this, use your own words/charm, but anything along these lines.  The whole exchange shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.

I'd casually and quickly (if you're afraid of getting her in trouble) just walk over to her on your way out and say something to the effect of :

"I'd really like to talk more about what we discussed earlier, but I don't want to get you in trouble at work.  Would you like to get together sometime and maybe get to know one another better?"  If she responds positively, just jot your phone number down and hand it to her and say : "Give me a call sometime if you'd like to get together.  If not, that's cool too, I don't want to put you on the spot."  Hand her the number, smile and GTFO. 

Not exactly this, use your own words/charm, but anything along these lines.  The whole exchange shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.
After I got my copy of the medical form I returned to the back to look for her but couldn't find her so I left. Is it ok to call and ask to speak to her?

After I got my copy of the medical form I returned to the back to look for her but couldn't find her so I left. Is it ok to call and ask to speak to her?
My concern is that it would come off creepy/stalkerish.  Are you going to be back there anytime soon?  I suppose if you have no other avenue of approach and you think there's a realistic shot at something, but if your concern was getting her in trouble at work, I would think receiving personal phone calls through an intermediary would be worse.  Any way you can conjure up a reason to go back fairly soon, or will you be back there for any other reason fairly soon?

My concern is that it would come off creepy/stalkerish.  Are you going to be back there anytime soon?  I suppose if you have no other avenue of approach and you think there's a realistic shot at something, but if your concern was getting her in trouble at work, I would think receiving personal phone calls through an intermediary would be worse.  Any way you can conjure up a reason to go back fairly soon, or will you be back there for any other reason fairly soon?
No I have no reason to go back there. 

If she doesnt answerbthe phone I will say that I had a question about the medical exam she gave me and that is why I'm calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
This.  

Go back to the office and say you are looking for a lost item. (maybe a cat, or your keys). If she is there, you can give her your number. 

No I have no reason to go back there. 

If she doesnt answerbthe phone I will say that I had a question about the medical exam she gave me and that is why I'm calling.
It's not ideal, but what other options do you have at this point other than just forgetting about it/her?  You'll have to handle it very delicately so you don't come off looking desperate, but if you're successful, she'll be flattered.

Yeah being creepy stalkerish would be the main concern. Have to come up with a solid excuse to go back and play it off really smoothly. I wouldn't recommend doing it over a phone. It just won't go well. But if you're not going to be back there and see her again, what do you have to lose?

It's not ideal, but what other options do you have at this point other than just forgetting about it/her?  You'll have to handle it very delicately so you don't come off looking desperate, but if you're successful, she'll be flattered.
We talked a bit about me being new to TX so approach is going to be along the lines of " I'm new in this state and haven't met many people. I'm always looking for new friends and was wondering if you wanted to get together some time"

Yeah being creepy stalkerish would be the main concern. Have to come up with a solid excuse to go back and play it off really smoothly. I wouldn't recommend doing it over a phone. It just won't go well. But if you're not going to be back there and see her again, what do you have to lose?
Wayne Gretzky - 100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in. 

That's pretty much where I am.

Wouldn't it be creepier to go back for no reason other than to ask her out?

We talked a bit about me being new to TX so approach is going to be along the lines of " I'm new in this state and haven't met many people. I'm always looking for new friends and was wondering if you wanted to get together some time"
That's as solid an approach as you can have in this instance, I think.  Go for it, what do you have to lose, really?

It's a very small laid back independent testing facility. It seems unlikely she could get in any trouble. I wouldn't even have to give her my cell over the phone and raise suspicion. I could tell her to get it from my file whenever she wants to contact me.

It's a very small laid back independent testing facility. It seems unlikely she could get in any trouble. I wouldn't even have to give her my cell over the phone and raise suspicion. I could tell her to get it from my file whenever she wants to contact me.
#### it, call over there. Unlike in most cases, I would think the sooner you call, the better in this instance.  Am I wrong here?  I've been "out of the game" for damn near 20 years now.  :lol:

You'd probably have to doctor up a reason to be there /simonbennettrobinsoppenheimandtaft
The only excuse I can see is pretend I lost my long form and needed a new copy. They would do that at the front office not her so I would have to walk to the back to look for her. Seems like calling will be less creepier than doing that as well.

#### it, call over there. Unlike in most cases, I would think the sooner you call, the better in this instance.  Am I wrong here?  I've been "out of the game" for damn near 20 years now.  :lol:
Should I call later today before closing or wait a couple of days?

Before you call, do you have her name?  Do you know who you are asking for?  And if you wait a couple days, she won't have a clue of who you are when you call.

You should have had this mind-set when the doctors were milling around. You have to take advantage of opportunities the moment they make themselves available otherwise you may find yourself asking a forum of fantasy football geeks if you should stalk ...I mean call her.  

You should have had this mind-set when the doctors were milling around. You have to take advantage of opportunities the moment they make themselves available otherwise you may find yourself asking a forum of fantasy football geeks if you should stalk ...I mean call her.  
I couldn't find her after I finished. I thought it would be weird if I'm still waiting there for her to come out.

I couldn't find her after I finished. I thought it would be weird if I'm still waiting there for her to come out.
Even if it would have been weird, so what?  It would have either worked or it wouldn't have worked and you wouldn't see her again - no problem either way.  

Even if it would have been weird, so what?  It would have either worked or it wouldn't have worked and you wouldn't see her again - no problem either way.  
No point crying over spilled milk.  I think an alacritous phone call is his best play ATM.

Now the female office manager called back asking what the question was. I asked to speak to Danielle again and she got aggressive too so I hung up on her.

Now the female office manager called back asking what the question was. I asked to speak to Danielle again and she got aggressive too so I hung up on her.
Jesus H.  Couldn't you just say you had a question of a personal nature to ask her?  At worst, they would have said she wasn't allowed to take personal calls and you could have signed off gracefully.  Now, they're probably all talking about what a weirdo you are in earshot of this Danielle and any chance you had likely disintegrated.

Jesus H.  Couldn't you just say you had a question of a personal nature to ask her?  At worst, they would have said she wasn't allowed to take personal calls and you could have signed off gracefully.  Now, they're probably all talking about what a weirdo you are in earshot of this Danielle and any chance you had likely disintegrated.
If I manage to speak to her and then knows why I called why would she think I'm weird?

No, but not hanging up on people would have probably been the wiser play.  Honesty and courtesy might have gone a long way, even if they did "get aggressive" with you.
I said " thank you I'll call another time" and had to hang up

they got very aggressive

If I manage to speak to her and then knows why I called why would she think I'm weird?
I think you need to forget this one.  Calling a third time has no tangible benefit.  You hung up on the doctor and the office manager. 

Editors note : If this was anyone but you, and this was any day but today, I'd be urging you to call again strictly for the entertainment value.  The fact that I am not should tell you I have your best interests in mind.

Yes, it would have been weird if you had been waiting around for her after you finished. For me, that usually doesnt happen until at least a couple of dates.

Users who are viewing this thread