Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes

2 minutes ago, RokNRole said:

If I get the gig and you haven’t found a job yet drop me a PM. I could always use a good dishwasher.

I've been at a job for the last 8 months. Pretty much the same amount of time you were at your job. Only difference is, I've had one promotion already and am in line for another in the next couple of months. Wash your own dishes.

Odds are, you don't get a manager job. And you probably won't even be working there in 6 months. 

22 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I've been at a job for the last 8 months. Pretty much the same amount of time you were at your job. Only difference is, I've had one promotion already and am in line for another in the next couple of months. Wash your own dishes.

Odds are, you don't get a manager job. And you probably won't even be working there in 6 months. 

Is that a challenge?

7 hours ago, northern exposure said:

the return of angry rok! the depressed rok/angry rok/depressed rok cycle continues ad naseum. you are more regular than a woman's period when she's on the pill.

Rok smash!

32 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Dammit I've been at my job 6 months :kicksrock: haven't been promoted yet. :cry:

9 minutes ago, RokNRole said:

What an ignorant loser

:lmao:

Curious. What makes me an ignorant loser? Is it that I've been married 27 years? Have a great family? Successful career? 

Both ignorance and losing can be measured, I would argue that I wouldn't have been able to achieve what I have if I was ignorant and what I have accomplished doesn't look like I'm losing. 

Please explain your lack of ignorance and how you are winning? 

6 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Curious. What makes me an ignorant loser? Is it that I've been married 27 years? Have a great family? Successful career? 

Both ignorance and losing can be measured, I would argue that I wouldn't have been able to achieve what I have if I was ignorant and what I have accomplished doesn't look like I'm losing. 

Being an idiot is the worst thing you can be. It is a benefit when trying to achieve superficial success in a world full of them but that’s it.

I much prefer being intelligent rather than walk the earth blind.

Edited by RokNRole

Being an idiot is the worst thing you can be. It is a benefit when trying to achieve superficial success in a world full of them but that’s it.

Knowing what's important to you and going out and doing it is a pretty decent definition of intelligence and success. 

If that applies to you, congrats. If not, why not?

4 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Knowing what's important to you and going out and doing it is a pretty decent definition of intelligence and success. 

If that applies to you, congrats. If not, why not?

You would have to be a genius to understand. If you have to ask the question then you will never know the answer.

13 hours ago, RokNRole said:

Long story short....

I left the train wreck of the restaurant I’ve been at for 8 months. Explaining why is a long story. If you’ve worked in a restaurant at some time in your life just think of all the obvious problems and turn them up to 11.

My last day there was saturday. I reached out to a friend that previously worked there for years and is right with the managers and got a chance. This is a fun place that I’ve been a customer of dozens of times. I was already on good terms with half the staff. I started yesterday and I’ve already impressed all the managers and they are fast tracking me to serving. The last two nights I ran the expo and I took charge very quickly.

I took it upon myself to do some cleaning that was terribly needed and properly train some longer term staff on proper restaurant procedure, common sense stuff.

Anyway, I’ve learned there are a couple of managers leaving soon. It’s become apparent to me that the managers aren’t doing all they can be doing. Great people but basically phoning it in. I figured this may be a good oppurtunity to throw my hat in the ring, not in an overt way but given my management experience I would certainly be interested in discussing the oppurtunity. I think I could help fix a lot of obvious problems and help the place run considerably smoother, proper and probably increase sales.

One of the managers told me the place has been in a bit of a slump after a few years of rapid growth.

The friend that recommended me for the job worked there for years and was being pushed into a managerial role before moving on. He moved on because he’s a very talented graphic designer and it wasn’t his goal in life. He has since secured a role with a growing company that utilized those skills.

On the other hand I’m looking for a career that provides me more purpose. I fit in very well at this place and the idea of inquiring about a larger role just feels right. Is this too presumptuous or should I consult with my friend about contacting with the owners about me filling one of the soon to be vacated roles?

When you show up to a new place, whether it's as line staff or as a manager, it's best to keep your mouth shut for a little while.  Learn how they do things and write down ideas for improvements in a notebook.  After a couple of weeks sit down with your supervisor and give your feedback constructively.  The new guy who shows up mouthing off about how he knows a better way never lasts long.

5 minutes ago, thayman said:

When you show up to a new place, whether it's as line staff or as a manager, it's best to keep your mouth shut for a little while.  Learn how they do things and write down ideas for improvements in a notebook.  After a couple of weeks sit down with your supervisor and give your feedback constructively.  The new guy who shows up mouthing off about how he knows a better way never lasts long.

That’s my plan.

That’s my plan.

In your post you said you have taken upon yourself to train veteran staff.  Stop that since you've only worked a couple of shifts, you are overstepping your bounds and are going to cause some choppy waters immediately.

15 minutes ago, Conanthecontrarian said:

????? staffing agency, truck dispatch, restaurant plus some I may have forgotten = 2? that is some genius math there.

Geniuses count different than us idiots.

26 minutes ago, thayman said:

In your post you said you have taken upon yourself to train veteran staff.  Stop that since you've only worked a couple of shifts, you are overstepping your bounds and are going to cause some choppy waters immediately.

They were polite suggestions. If there was any push back like “ this is how we always do it” then I told them I would complete the task myself. 

After they thought about it they agreed with me and the managers noticed and thanked me for my hard work.

28 minutes ago, thayman said:

I’m addition....these problems were about silverware not being properly cleaned and dried , plates not being properly wiped and presentable before going to the table and one instance of a potential cross contamination.

Would you want to eat at a place that gave you dirty silverware, a sloppily presented plate and worse of all a anaphylactic  shock?

42 minutes ago, Conanthecontrarian said:

????? staffing agency, truck dispatch, restaurant plus some I may have forgotten = 2? that is some genius math there.

40 minutes ago, RokNRole said:

Your obsession with me is getting very creepy. Have you considered therapy?

Every time I see you two post this close to each other I feel like I am watching the end of fight club. 

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RokNRole said:

Still waiting for you to explain how you are winning. 

10 minutes ago, RokNRole said:

I was born a genius. Despite any hollow possessions you accumulate in this life I will always be superior to you.

I don't consider my wife, family or satisfying career possessions. Someone of your intelligence should know the difference.

44 minutes ago, RokNRole said:

I’m addition....these problems were about silverware not being properly cleaned and dried , plates not being properly wiped and presentable before going to the table and one instance of a potential cross contamination.

Would you want to eat at a place that gave you dirty silverware, a sloppily presented plate and worse of all a anaphylactic  shock?

It doesn't matter.  Keep your mouth closed, write things down go over things with your supervisor in a week or two.

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

I argue with all the time, but you are a good dude. Not ignorant or a loser. I imagine that you have a beautiful family and a wonderful life.