What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO's "The Defiant Ones" (Dre. Dre & Jimmy Iovine) - anyone watching? (1 Viewer)

Penguin

Footballguy
Four part documentary about record mogul Jimmy Iovine and hip hop legend Dr. Dre. I thought the first two episodes were excellent and very well put together. Third episode aired last night but I haven't seen it yet.

Crazy how Iovine went from flunky to engineer for John Lennon & Bruce Springsteen and then it all just took off. 

Some great old footage of Dre trying out as a DJ at Eve After Dark and running "Please Mr. Postman" over a Jive Rhythm Track electrofunk break. He got the job and joined the World Class Wreckin' Cru.

HBO Official Trailor                   Rolling Stone's Review

All four episodes are available on demand. The finale airs Wednesday night July 12th at 10pm on HBO.

Appearances by Ice Cube, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Bono, Puffy, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, Snoop, Eminem, Will.i.Am, Gwen Stefani among others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread