What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone playing best ball on Draft? (1 Viewer)

Dan Hindery

I'm going to be writing about this site in the fall and have found their offseason best ball format pretty addicting over the past couple weeks. 

https://playdraft.com

It's basically MFL10s but with slightly different scoring (same as FanDuel) and the option to do fast drafts. The 10-teamers fill up quickly at night and last about 45 minutes for 18 rounds (30-second max per pick). I've done 7 10-teamers so far. Have also done a few of their 3-team leagues which only take about 10 minutes. 

I think my most-owned guy is Cam Newton. Have grabbed him in over 75% of leagues. Also have a bunch of Joe Mixon, Pierre Garcon and Jordan Reed. Have been targeting Mike Williams and Tyler Lockett in the 17th/18th rounds and have a bunch of them too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be writing about this site in the fall and have found their offseason best ball format pretty addicting over the past couple weeks. 

https://playdraft.com

It's basically MFL10s but with slightly different scoring (same as FanDuel) and the option to do fast drafts. The 10-teamers fill up quickly at night and last about 45 minutes for 18 rounds (30-second max per pick). I've done 7 10-teamers so far. Have also done a few of their 3-team leagues which only take about 10 minutes. 

I think my most-owned guy is Cam Newton. Have grabbed him in over 75% of leagues. Also have a bunch of Joe Mixon, Pierre Garcon and Jordan Reed. Have been targeting Mike Williams and Tyler Lockett in the 17th/18th rounds and have a bunch of them too. 
And now he's possibly out for the year... Win some, lose some. 

At first I was pissed that I got locked out of mfl10s this year, then realized it was pretty nice to not be constantly making picks 24 hours a day. Heard about this app today. Down time was nice while it lasted.

I'm still  pissed that mfl won't provide any kind of compensation whatsoever for 2nd place credits.

Checking daily for them to get support for Indiana players. I have heard the best ball drafts are much softer than Mfl10s, wish I could try! 

Just took my first crack at a cheap $3 quick draft to try it out. 9th pick out of 10. Did not even pay attention to bye weeks. 30 seconds for picks is pretty damn quick. Russell Wilson got autopicked while I was looking at someone else. People hammered WRs after I went RB-RB with my first two picks. I like the format too though. Gonna wait for preaseason to get a little further along, do a couple more practice cheapies, then probably do some higher entry fees. From what I see in available entries in the lobby as of now, the only options are $3, $10, $25, $100, and $275. This was the team I ended up with (feels like big a loser to me):

Wilson-Palmer-Flacco

Gordon, Ajayi, Powell, Forte, James White, Jon Williams 

Cooks, Kennan Allen, Diggs, J Brown, Ty Williams, Sheppard

Olsen Henry Thomas

I just finished my free fast draft. Feel like 30sec is too quick with a strong connection, but add on the spotty 4g I was getting it was kind of a disaster. I'd see the timer count down and then bam it would fast forward 4 picks. I autopicked twice not even realizing it was my turn. I've also autopicked a couple times in the slow drafts when I haven't received a turn notification. Kind of a bummer.

One thing I highly recommend is queuing your players before your pick. When I go into a best ball DRAFT, I am 100% committed to it the entire time. 

The 30 second timer is tough without queuing, but with it you can gain a huge advantage over people who panic or run out of time

One thing I highly recommend is queuing your players before your pick. When I go into a best ball DRAFT, I am 100% committed to it the entire time. 

The 30 second timer is tough without queuing, but with it you can gain a huge advantage over people who panic or run out of time
The 30s timer creeps up on you fast. I do like the slow drafts but have mixed a couple fast drafts in and it's an entirely different dynamic. 

At the very least, people should edit their rankings and get guys like Edelman way down to the bottom somewhere. Been seeing lots of people timing out, wasting draft position, and auto-drafting guys who won't even play at all this year. Like you say, stay on top of the queue. Have a few guys lined up just in case you lapse last second. It's happened to me twice out of 5 drafts so far. The picks may work out but both times I got QBs I wasn't even thinking about, for where I was picking.

N/M...answered my own question. Player Swap on Draft is for the weekly contests only. I had so much Ajayi and Mike Evans. Gonna be a bumpy start.

The weekly stuff on Draft is pretty fun. You're not stuck if someone ends up inactive either. Not totally sure exactly when they allow you to swap guys out once they are doubtful/ruled out. After Mia/TB was postponed, you could swap those guys right away. I was also able to swap out ODB at some point yesterday afternoon, before he was officially ruled out. Not sure why, and I put in Benjamin, so it didn't make much of a difference for that league. I like the format though. Snake draft 1 QB, 2RB, and 2WR/TE and that's it. Out of 6 $5 drafts, it looks like I'll be in the neighborhood of doubling up. 

I have a Draft team with 6 injured players through 2 weeks. 12/12. Fun fun fun
Oooof. I'm not doing so hot in the best ball leagues at this point either. Best out of 4 10 man leagues is 3rd place. Two 12 man leagues, I'm in 9th and 11th. 2nd in one 6 man. Came crashing back to earth in the weekly stuff this week too, mainly due to some injuries in my better lineups. I still like the weekly contests though. 

Users who are viewing this thread