What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Chance U - Going around the country documenting FSU dropout QBs (1 Viewer)

I watched 3 episodes of the basketball one last night.  Got to give that coach credit.  As soon as that kid started dropping F bombs on the court and saying he was going to foul out on purpose I would have sent him home.  But I understand these JUCO situations are different and these kids are at crossroads in life. It was the same as when I played baseball.  D1 talent at several JC's but it was usually the kids that had issues. They bounce from one program to the next.

Finally got to finish this. I think this was their best season and that final episode was just masterful. There were some waterworks from Mrs. Capella, and also potentially her husband. 

Finally got to finish this. I think this was their best season and that final episode was just masterful. There were some waterworks from Mrs. Capella, and also potentially her husband. 
Ditto. Watched the football versions. This show got to a different personal level with the players and coaches. 

Ditto. Watched the football versions. This show got to a different personal level with the players and coaches. 
Realllllly felt horrible they couldn’t finish that season. Lot of people lost a lot during covid but to see it out like that was hard to watch. 

i mean i could go on and on about the man and maybe it is all editing and if you met him in real life maybe it isnt what you think but at least what i saw he is a man of faith who wears it on his sleeve and lives it every day he is a man who legitimately cares about a lot of lost sheep that the shepard has forgotten about and he never gives up on them he is a man who has passed up better opportunities to stay where he is because he can and does help people there and believes that is where the big brohan in the sky wants him and he works about three jobs to take care of his family including a spin class and he is basically the type of man that most of us just hope somoene somewhere heck anywhere thinks of us as in short he is what you get to at the end of the path of the brohan take that to the bank 

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine how bad KJ Allen's test scores had to be to end playing at a JUCO. (apparently he had a 2.2 GPA
just wrapped this series. if you had told me he barely got a GED and someone else was doing his college work i would have been less surprised.

a 2.2 seems way out of his grasp, but maybe that's because he seemed so child-like and naive  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
just wrapped this series. if you had told me he barely got a GED and someone else was doing his college work i would have been less surprised.

a 2.2 seems way out of his grasp, but maybe that's because he seemed so child-like and naive  :shrug:
100%. The scene right after he gets involved with that chubby latina student was pretty funny. The coach, in the most Christian way possible, was like "hey stupid. You're here for a year. Dont get that one pregnant or you'll have to deal with her for the next 20 years"

Seems like the internet is making the coach the hero, but man....his style would be real tough to take. The preaching followed by the random freakouts where he just yells the same 3 or 4 word phrase over and over again 20x in a row.....yikes.
I didn't mind that part of the HC as it seemed like his heart was in the right place which is more along the lines of a John Beam than the first two coaches in the series. The problem I had was Beam was also a good teacher who actually imparted technique to the players. Mosley seemed to only be there to motivate players rather than actually coach. He was actually like the Disney version of coach Brown from Independence in that way. It was kind of stunning watching a player like Malik Muhammad follow Joe around the court just hoping to get some tips.... because he wasn't ever shown given any instruction or individual work from the coaching staff other than "PLAY HARDER! TRY HARDER!".

The most compelling person in this last season was the coach/recruiter in the wheel chair if you ask me. Seemed to me most of the success the team had was simply based on the fact they usually had better players rather than good execution on offense or defense. He also seemed to have the most authentic relationship with the players. 

The basketball season was great.   Coach was awesome, but there was a couple times when he was ranting he would start talking about how it's all about the kids and that he prays for them to not be selfish and to get the evil spirits out of the room, but then he slips up and says I even pray we win, I have other people do it too, or something to that effect.  Which is fine, that's the goal.   I just think he's projecting a little bit when he says he's praying for the players to not be selfish.  And to that end I sort of felt that his tears at the end were less about the kids and more about him losing his best shot at a title.  

Anyway, my GF lives near East Los.  Might catch a game and get a hotdog next season.  

Users who are viewing this thread