What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Things Anarchy (1 Viewer)

I wish I only had to take out the trash. Mrs. Anarchy currently in home makeover mode. Already redid 3 bedrooms, 2 hallways, living room, dining room, and kitchen within the same year. Currently redoing family / home theater room. When I get a chance to take a break from the remodeling, I jump on-line only to hear the incessant talk of guys taking too long to make a pick or fellas going walkabout.
Making you spend your fantasy windfall winnings eh? She sure has you on a short leash gb.

Oh and hurry the heck up and make a darn pick...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anarchy99 said:
I wish I only had to take out the trash. Mrs. Anarchy currently in home makeover mode. Already redid 3 bedrooms, 2 hallways, living room, dining room, and kitchen within the same year. Currently redoing family / home theater room. When I get a chance to take a break from the remodeling, I jump on-line only to hear the incessant talk of guys taking too long to make a pick or fellas going walkabout.
"Going walkabout" is one of my favorite Australian phrases and I approve of any and every usage of it in American English.

Also even if we don't want a Gobbler redux for League 5, I'd urge consideration of at least some sort of tweak - a field experiment, if you will. SSL3 introduced nothing save an extra flex spot and yet it's been fascinating how much that one simple change reshapes overall draft strategies.

"Going walkabout" is one of my favorite Australian phrases and I approve of any and every usage of it in American English.

Also even if we don't want a Gobbler redux for League 5, I'd urge consideration of at least some sort of tweak - a field experiment, if you will. SSL3 introduced nothing save an extra flex spot and yet it's been fascinating how much that one simple change reshapes overall draft strategies.
That's why we have the Love Child League.

Speaking of Love Child, we need 4 owners if anyone is interested. To briefly summarize, 32 teams, 10 man rosters. Still 21 week season total points league. The two main scoring differences are 1 PPR for all positions and defense scores or loses points for points and yardage allowed. The other wrinkle is you have the option of replacing one player on your roster after Week 1 of the season (waiver claims go in reverse draft order so the team with the #32 draft pick gets the first waiver wire claim). You can pick from any player not on a roster (you could pick up a player someone else dropped if you wanted to).

Speaking of Love Child, we need 4 owners if anyone is interested. To briefly summarize, 32 teams, 10 man rosters. Still 21 week season total points league. The two main scoring differences are 1 PPR for all positions and defense scores or loses points for points and yardage allowed. The other wrinkle is you have the option of replacing one player on your roster after Week 1 of the season (waiver claims go in reverse draft order so the team with the #32 draft pick gets the first waiver wire claim). You can pick from any player not on a roster (you could pick up a player someone else dropped if you wanted to).
But don't sign up if you aren't going to draft...

League 1 - Dickey Moe otc for 16 hours

League 7 - BoltNavia otc for 20 of the last 24 hours inc 17+ right now

I have not played in this 32-teamer, but will join the fun. What are the roster requirements for a ten man team?

I think he may want you to pick Rudolph for him in whatever draft he is OTC.
He is up in 3 but Rudolph is long gone in early 4th. He did mean 7 and Anarchy got that one but anyways also up in 3

drafts are at

3 - 6.2 Bass for 4 hrs

2 - 5.11 minutes

4 - 5.6 for 4 hrs

6 - 4.14 couple of hours

1 - 3.15 just under 2 hrs

7 - 3.12 just over hour

Not Anarchy related, but ESPN's Bill Barnwell's rankings of offensive weapons:

01 - NEP

02 - PIT

03 - MIA

04 - ATL

05 - DAL

06 - CIN

07 - LAC

08 - OAK

09 - ARI

10 - TBB

11 - GBP

12 - CAR

13 - JAX

14 - NOS

15 - TEN

16 - SEA

17 - PHI

18 - HOU

19 - WAS

20 - NYG

21 - MIN

22 - DET

23 - DEN

24 - BUF

25 - IND

26 - CHI

27 - KCC

28 - BAL

29 - LAR

30 - CLE

31 - SFO

32 - NYJ

It certainly is not what I expected. 

Just noticed the complaints about me on this thread. I'm at the turn in all 3 leagues I'm in so I go days without picking at times. I was delayed on Tues morning because, believe it or not, I have a freakin' job. I'm monitoring all drafts by email an checking in occasionally.  When at the turn I like to see who goes before me when I have multiple autopicks in front of me. Runs can kill you at the turn in these leagues. Pisses me off when you ##### about me while others are literally taking over 12 hours to pick. 

Just noticed the complaints about me on this thread. I'm at the turn in all 3 leagues I'm in so I go days without picking at times. I was delayed on Tues morning because, believe it or not, I have a freakin' job. I'm monitoring all drafts by email an checking in occasionally.  When at the turn I like to see who goes before me when I have multiple autopicks in front of me. Runs can kill you at the turn in these leagues. Pisses me off when you ##### about me while others are literally taking over 12 hours to pick. 
Maybe you bit off a bit more than you can chew with three drafts?  Also, I have a feeling that the majority of everyone drafting has a full time job, even a family.  I will admit that you have not been anywhere near as bad as a lot of the other guys in my draft, league 6, but I am curious why you don't pre-draft at all.  For instance, in league 6 right now there are only two picks in front of you which makes it really easy to pre-draft.

Maybe you bit off a bit more than you can chew with three drafts?  Also, I have a feeling that the majority of everyone drafting has a full time job, even a family.  I will admit that you have not been anywhere near as bad as a lot of the other guys in my draft, league 6, but I am curious why you don't pre-draft at all.  For instance, in league 6 right now there are only two picks in front of you which makes it really easy to pre-draft.
Because I'm still awake to see if picks are made and I know that my morning is mostly free tomorrow to make timely picks.  I don't doubt that others have jobs and I have a two year old myself.  Just seems the #####ing and whining has gone to an all time high this year.  I'm averaging less than 2 hrs a pick, not the best but far from the worst.  This is supposed to be an enjoyable (reasonably) slow draft.  Some people should calm down....probably including myself right now.  So I'll let it go at this point.  Have fun and good picking!

Because I'm still awake to see if picks are made and I know that my morning is mostly free tomorrow to make timely picks.  I don't doubt that others have jobs and I have a two year old myself.  Just seems the #####ing and whining has gone to an all time high this year.  I'm averaging less than 2 hrs a pick, not the best but far from the worst.  This is supposed to be an enjoyable (reasonably) slow draft.  Some people should calm down....probably including myself right now.  So I'll let it go at this point.  Have fun and good picking!
Your probably catching crap because some guys like Hear The Footsteps is average 11+ hr per pick.  If the rest of us don't pick up the pace we quickly end up a 3 days per round.  Based on history, once a draft slows down to a snails pace, people don't bother checking in.

Kinda crazy all this talk about pick time etc...which is kind of cool in a way cause it shows passion for this "hobby"...because many especially the old timers are really into it and want to see it move along cause making picks is like "really fun and stuff" and its a free type of competition that helps us in our home leagues, and also there is some pretty serious bragging rights and street cred on the line.......and the commentary used to be the best part....we used to have to actually do the drafts here (post picks) and then PM the guy up next.....now others just think it something  cool to try and sign up for and don't really respect the commitment you are making to 15 other people....and while the "I have a job" and "I have a life" excuses are valid for everybody to a certain extent, it really doesn't justify the complete lack of consideration that often happens...to be honest "checking in twice a day" really doesn't cut it, because depending on where you draft you can hold things up during prime drafting time for the rest of the league...checking in at 8am and the not again till 6pm is really not cool...realistically if you can't check in multiple times throughout the day...you shouldn't sign up.....this isn't even factoring in that YOU CAN SET IT UP TO BE NOTIFIED BY TEXT THAT YOUR ARE OTC.....if you are not willing to use that feature, then I would actually prefer you don't participate....if you are not willing to give up your phone number to receive the text that you are on the clock, then you need to be willing to check in every couple of hours or so to see whats up.....

oh....and you can also use the "predraft" feature if you know you will be out of pocket for awhile....there really is NO GOOD REASON to hold up the draft for even a semi extended period of time....

bottom line, sign up for the text notifications or check on these things throughout the day every few hours as a courtesy to others....drafts that stall and drag on frustrate people....dont sign up if you aren't going to be active.....I don't want to see these things go away....respect the fact that 15 other people are waiting on you....

sorry....much like when I have been drafting Hill and Pryor, I have been drinking.... :banned:

Let em know whats what SR. That is one of your roles after all. I agree with the sentiment of your post.

While I would prefer to be present and drafting live... and to have time to talk smack about picks as we go, during the week I can't. But I pre-draft ahead so that no one should have to wait for me unless there were actually four rounds picked while I was away.

I don't think its too much to ask. 

Some of your reasoning about a persons accessibility during the day may not be entirely fair. By some of that criteria I would not be able to participate, but again the pre-draft feature is a solution that trumps all that.

I certainly would prefer to be drafting live. I mean knowing how the last 10 or more picks fell could definitely affect my decision. As this isn't an option I just have to have good rankings/projections, which would be important if I were drafting live as well.

Id be interested

Kinda crazy all this talk about pick time etc...which is kind of cool in a way cause it shows passion for this "hobby"...because many especially the old timers are really into it and want to see it move along cause making picks is like "really fun and stuff" and its a free type of competition that helps us in our home leagues, and also there is some pretty serious bragging rights and street cred on the line.......and the commentary used to be the best part....we used to have to actually do the drafts here (post picks) and then PM the guy up next.....now others just think it something  cool to try and sign up for and don't really respect the commitment you are making to 15 other people....and while the "I have a job" and "I have a life" excuses are valid for everybody to a certain extent, it really doesn't justify the complete lack of consideration that often happens...to be honest "checking in twice a day" really doesn't cut it, because depending on where you draft you can hold things up during prime drafting time for the rest of the league...checking in at 8am and the not again till 6pm is really not cool...realistically if you can't check in multiple times throughout the day...you shouldn't sign up.....this isn't even factoring in that YOU CAN SET IT UP TO BE NOTIFIED BY TEXT THAT YOUR ARE OTC.....if you are not willing to use that feature, then I would actually prefer you don't participate....if you are not willing to give up your phone number to receive the text that you are on the clock, then you need to be willing to check in every couple of hours or so to see whats up.....

oh....and you can also use the "predraft" feature if you know you will be out of pocket for awhile....there really is NO GOOD REASON to hold up the draft for even a semi extended period of time....

bottom line, sign up for the text notifications or check on these things throughout the day every few hours as a courtesy to others....drafts that stall and drag on frustrate people....dont sign up if you aren't going to be active.....I don't want to see these things go away....respect the fact that 15 other people are waiting on you....

sorry....much like when I have been drafting Hill and Pryor, I have been drinking.... :banned:
I agree 100%.  There are no excuses and if you can't do it then why even join the draft?  I completely understand how everyone has a life that can keep them away from making picks and that is why there are features that help with that.  Why do people refuse to take advantage of these features?  That's really my biggest gripe.

Once I have a pick made I like to set up my pre-draft list.  I make a list of players long enough to make sure that if for some reason I get busy I will not miss my next pick.  We all should have some sort of list of players so it shouldn't be that hard to enter in the players you like.  That's all I ask, use the features the site offers to keep the draft moving along.

I will leave this here and if people want to discuss what this means for this year (if anything), so be it.

Annual rankings of rookie TE's in Anarchy Leagues since 2007:

Code:
John Carlson	2008	8
Dustin Keller	2008	13
Timothy Wright	2013	14
Rob Gronkowski	2010	14
Aaron Hernandez	2010	15
Zach Miller	2007	16
J Gresham	2010	18
Tony Moeaki	2010	19
Hunter Henry	2016	20
Will Tye	2015	21
Jordan Reed	2013	21
Zach Ertz	2013	22
Dwayne Allen	2012	22
Greg Olsen	2007	24
Jace Amaro	2014	25
Mychal Rivera	2013	25
B Pettigrew	2009	25
Tyler Eifert	2013	27
Jimmy Graham	2010	29
Clive Walford	2015	31
M Bennett	2008	31
Richard Rodgers	2014	33
Maxx Williams	2015	34
Kyle Rudolph	2011	34
Eric Ebron	2014	35
Coby Fleener	2012	36
Lance Kendricks	2011	36
Zach Miller	2009	37
Austin Hooper	2016	38
Joseph Fauria	2013	38
Andrew Quarless	2010	39
ASJenkins	2014	41
Charles Clay	2011	42
M Hoomanawanui	2010	45
Luke Willson	2013	49
Ryan Griffin	2013	50
Gavin Escobar	2013	55

As much as I love a lot of the rookie TE players from 2017 yeah the track record of a rookie TE performing really well is not good. Your mostly hoping the guy might be in the top 24 of TE performers.

There is a fairly good career track record of the TE who do crack the top 24 as rookies.

John Carlson    2008    8
Dustin Keller    2008    13
Timothy Wright    2013    14
Rob Gronkowski    2010    14
Aaron Hernandez    2010    15
Zach Miller    2007    16
J Gresham    2010    18
Tony Moeaki    2010    19
Hunter Henry    2016    20
Will Tye    2015    21
Jordan Reed    2013    21
Zach Ertz    2013    22

Dwayne Allen    2012    22
Greg Olsen    2007    24
There are also multiple one year wonders here as well due to many different events/factors such as injuries, murder and so on.

I am going to do something new this year . . . a contest to join all the leagues together. Just before the start of the NFL season, all Anarchy participants can submit their entry for what he thinks will be the highest scoring team for the season using regular Anarchy League scoring. Feel free to pick from anyone on any NFL roster. Only one entry per person, so if you have three teams, you only get one entry. Should make for an interesting contest.

I am going to do something new this year . . . a contest to join all the leagues together. Just before the start of the NFL season, all Anarchy participants can submit their entry for what he thinks will be the highest scoring team for the season using regular Anarchy League scoring. Feel free to pick from anyone on any NFL roster. Only one entry per person, so if you have three teams, you only get one entry. Should make for an interesting contest.
Awesome idea!!!! IN

BassNBrew said:
FYI - I'm only going to be checking in twice a day going forward.  No need to waste my time
As long as you make pre-draft picks there shouldn't be an issue.

I'm curious, what's the longest any of you have gone without checking the draft?  I've seen people going 2-3 days without logging in.  I know we all get busy on the weekends but I'd think that everyone would at least check the draft on their phone when they wake up or go to bed or even when on the crapper.  Our draft has been moving much better, mostly due to one team getting taken over, but I was just curious because I've seen it with a few people in our league.

I'm curious, what's the longest any of you have gone without checking the draft?  I've seen people going 2-3 days without logging in.  I know we all get busy on the weekends but I'd think that everyone would at least check the draft on their phone when they wake up or go to bed or even when on the crapper.  Our draft has been moving much better, mostly due to one team getting taken over, but I was just curious because I've seen it with a few people in our league.
If you are set up for text or email notifications, there isn't a true necessity to check in at all (other than to see who else was selected). I generally don't even consider anyone until it is my turn to pick. That way I don't get frustrated hoping that PLAYER X will get through only a few more picks to me and WHAM someone snipes him.

It's also a little different for me as I have to make sure people are actually making picks in all the leagues . . . but as far as who I might want I just wait until I have to pick and then see who is still on the board. It keeps whatever sanity I have left that way.

If you are set up for text or email notifications, there isn't a true necessity to check in at all (other than to see who else was selected). I generally don't even consider anyone until it is my turn to pick. That way I don't get frustrated hoping that PLAYER X will get through only a few more picks to me and WHAM someone snipes him.

It's also a little different for me as I have to make sure people are actually making picks in all the leagues . . . but as far as who I might want I just wait until I have to pick and then see who is still on the board. It keeps whatever sanity I have left that way.
I hate making others wait so I make my pre-draft picks right away just in case I get busy.  I check it throughout the day and night to see where the draft is at and will adjust my pre-draft list occasionally.  Right now we're waiting on ryheaps who is on the turn and it's only been two hours which isn't bad at all but I was curious how often he checks in.  It shows he hasn't been on in just over two days.  I can see him not being in too big of a hurry to check back since he has to wait so long but two days seems a bit of a stretch.

I like to check fairly often though as I like to keep track of what players are getting picked too.

Not sure how the check in registers as I have my three draft pages open and refresh at least a couple times a day. I surely did not go 2 days without looking. For the record, I'm taking between 50 minutes to 1 hr and 48 minutes in my three leagues. In my book, that is reasonable for a slow draft.  I've admittedly had a couple misses and took longer than I wish I did, but I've also auto picked a number of times as well. 

Not sure how the check in registers as I have my three draft pages open and refresh at least a couple times a day. I surely did not go 2 days without looking. For the record, I'm taking between 50 minutes to 1 hr and 48 minutes in my three leagues. In my book, that is reasonable for a slow draft.  I've admittedly had a couple misses and took longer than I wish I did, but I've also auto picked a number of times as well. 
You have't been too bad ryheaps.  Our league just happens to have a good amount of people who don't pre-draft so we run into hang ups with the same people every time.  Mikeya2k got us off to a terrible start by just not showing up the Ben & Jerry's took over as the new speed bump.

Seems pretty normal pace to me. About 2 weeks to do the entire draft is about normal from what I remember. 
What round is your league in?  I'm curious where everyone is at now that we're coming up on two weeks.  League 6 is currently at the 11.2 pick.  Right now we can't even finish a round a day so it's looking like we'll finish closer to three weeks.

I just looked at our draft from last year and we were on the 9th day with the 11.2 pick and finished the entire draft in 15 days which seems pretty typical.

Hawkeye21 said:
What round is your league in?  I'm curious where everyone is at now that we're coming up on two weeks.  League 6 is currently at the 11.2 pick.  Right now we can't even finish a round a day so it's looking like we'll finish closer to three weeks.

I just looked at our draft from last year and we were on the 9th day with the 11.2 pick and finished the entire draft in 15 days which seems pretty typical.
We started a few weeks earlier this year, so while the draft is taking longer, the draft will be done way earlier. Last year's League 7 draft ended on 8/29.

No rush as there are still lots of chairs being rearranged on the titanic right now, just curious what your plans are for the love child? Estimated time for that madness to begin?

Hawkeye21 said:

League 1 is at 12.11

2 is at 16.4

3 is at 12.14

4 is at 16.11

7 is at 9.12

From experiment, the check-in registers only times in which you are logged in and access the league's home page.  I suspect many Anarchists here have the draft page rather than the homepage bookmarked (or kept on a browser tab), and so the "last activity" times are woefully inaccurate.

Also my leaguemates tell me that accessing from the mobile app never registers as an activity.  I've had people make add/drops who don't show as having been on site for months.

Well, right now Ben & Jerry's hasn't been logged in for a day even though the turn was right after him. Zero picks have made today in our league because of him.  I looked out dratt last year and he was over 4 hours a pick then as well. Habitual slow drafter. 

If these are held next year, and I can understand if they were not, I would suggest putting fast drafters together in leagues, and leave the slow ones in a league or leagues by themselves.

Probably would have to start the slow league in June.
You could have the clock in effect just for the designated slow leagues. Even an 8-hour clock would improve the pace greatly and I don't think it's too much to ask of anyone who signs up for these things to check in every couple of days or so.

Another option is to put the slowest drafters from the prior year in the 16-hole. Not only does it serve as a (modest) penalty, if the slowest drafters keep being the slowest drafters it at least cuts the number of interminable delays in half.

I think what people aren't fully accounting for is that some folks have stayed on top of things and drafted quickly in YEAR X but that does not always translate to YEAR X + 1. Some people take new jobs, are on vacation, have other leagues, too much going on and drafting in these leagues takes a back seat. It happens. Probably shouldn't re-up or sign up in that case.

We tried using the pick-the-quickest-drafters strategy to fill up the ABLC league, and that didn't always carry over there either.

Anarchy99 said:
I think what people aren't fully accounting for is that some folks have stayed on top of things and drafted quickly in YEAR X but that does not always translate to YEAR X + 1. Some people take new jobs, are on vacation, have other leagues, too much going on and drafting in these leagues takes a back seat. It happens. Probably shouldn't re-up or sign up in that case.

We tried using the pick-the-quickest-drafters strategy to fill up the ABLC league, and that didn't always carry over there either.
It all comes down to people being honest about being able to dedicate two weeks to the draft.  If it's going to be tough but they still want to participate then they need to make pre-draft picks.  If they find out they just can't make it work at all then they need to be responsible enough to let you know so you can fill in or find a replacement.

It all comes down to people being honest about being able to dedicate two weeks to the draft.  If it's going to be tough but they still want to participate then they need to make pre-draft picks.  If they find out they just can't make it work at all then they need to be responsible enough to let you know so you can fill in or find a replacement.
That would mean that people would half to be respectful and courteous. I think the terms of service have band those qualitiesThat would mean that people would half to be respectful and courteous. I think the terms of service have band those qualities

I still need two owners for ABLC to get that rolling. The only requirements are that you are mostly still alive (if you are on life support you are more than qualified) and can make a pick once every two days.

Users who are viewing this thread