What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 FBG Subscriber Contest is LIVE (4 Viewers)

I'm going to be grumpy about Amendola not making the list all year... well, at least until he gets hurt. Maybe Hogan will pay off during the contest playoffs.

Interesting. I've thought about going stud RB and a ton of cheap WRs (the 4:12 ratio is very necessary here), but I always fall in love with at least one semi-expensive WR (this year it was Keenan). I had most of those WRs on my roster at one point or another. Lockett was too expensive after Richardson got named the starter, IMO, but if he gets his shot, I think he'll be a bargain. Ginn in best ball was super tempting, but I feel like Brees might kick him to the curb mid-season for too many drops. The guy just can't effing catch. I felt so bad for Newton the past couple years. If Ginn could catch, he'd have been a fantasy WR1 in Carolina. But I'm on that Marvin bandwagon with you. I've got him in 100% of my leagues.

I think you're going to regret that Dalton for Bradford switch. Bradford was $5 cheaper, so you could've had an extra player (could've almost had Bradford + Kizer or Goff), but more importantly Dalton is going to get crushed behind that awful OL. Bradford's line should be better this year, he should be more comfortable with the offense, and his weapons look pretty good.

Those TEs are studly. I wanted to fit Bennett in (could he be what Finley was supposed to be??), but didn't feel comfortable with his volume. I'm sure he'll score TDs but with 1.5PPR, I wanted someone with more targets. If he gets 120 this year, I'm going to have some serious regret.

Overall, I like it. A very unique take on the large roster team. Probably the only 28+ roster with DJ, Bell, and Gronk!
One of the few dj rosters i feel can handle a hit if he makes late return could be gold 

dbc925 said:
I'm suddenly feeling pretty good about having Sam Bradford as my 2nd QB.
i grabbed him too. ive been mentioning in a few threads how hes a good candidate for a huge season given the upgrades around him... going to be fun

Hmmm... guess I just enjoy being competitive. 
Yeah, it's an interesting question.  Like, if the game had absolutely no stakes at all, I would probably still like to take part and give it a good effort.   But the being ineligible and missing out on a big prize that I deserved, that sounds scary.  But, I don't know.  This is the first I'd ever thought about it. 

Week 1 in the books.    if I'm looking at this right, 17-kicker-guy may be in danger of being one of the 4 cuts?  That would be a shame.

So does anyone want to trade a wr for a rb?  Gotta laugh when your most expensive player, who had a decent game (Gordon - 79 yards and a touchdown) doesn't count for rb or flex, but your $3 wr counts with half his points. Still, 216 in week 1 isn't half bad. 

Crowder better improve quick.

The good news: over 180 points with only 4.7 from Dalton at QB (with Winston's bye) and without my two top WRs (Evans and Parker).  The bad news: DJ. Going to need Hunt, Cook, Powell and Smallwood to find a way to score enough points to scrape by until (hopefully) he returns.

A solid 214 with Martin/Parker out but most of all after week one no major regrets and very little I'd have changed.

I went rookie RB heavy and probably biggest regret I'd have right now is not getting some rookie WR's, specifically Kupp and Davis. That right now would be my top week one hindsight change.

QuizGuy66 said:
23 entries have Kerwynn and Ajayi

3 entries have Kerwynn Ajayi and Cook

Looks like I stumbled onto my angle.

-QG
Had to go with 4 players go get down to 3 entries...

Stafford+LeVeon+ThomasWR+Gronk

sub Stafford for Big Ben (my top at each position) and i get 4 teams with my top player combo.  I'll take that.

DJ out till week 10 at the earliest.

Hunt, Bell, Shady for the season LOL $39 of dead money Reminds me of other RB's who will remain nameless torpedoing my season at the start. 

If if I even make it that far I'll be toast on week 9 anyway but hey that's what makes this tourney so epic! Weeks of fidling with roasters and before half time of the first week you get screwed!

The good news: over 180 points with only 4.7 from Dalton at QB (with Winston's bye) and without my two top WRs (Evans and Parker).  The bad news: DJ. Going to need Hunt, Cook, Powell and Smallwood to find a way to score enough points to scrape by until (hopefully) he returns.
I think you are fine with Hunt and Cook as your starters and Powell as a flex....guessing you spent about $85 on RB which is not excessive.

Powell with grow in production as the wheels fall off Forte.  I've got Smallwood too but I'm starting to wonder if running isn't really an afterthought in Philly this year (again).

I think you are fine with Hunt and Cook as your starters and Powell as a flex....guessing you spent about $85 on RB which is not excessive.

Powell with grow in production as the wheels fall off Forte.  I've got Smallwood too but I'm starting to wonder if running isn't really an afterthought in Philly this year (again).
Hope so.  I should only need 2 of the 4 most weeks.  Went heavy at TE with Olsen, Rudolph & Ertz and have Evans, Parker and 6 other WRs, so there are lots of possibilities for my flex spots. It'll be "interesting" to say the least.  I just keep telling myself that if I can make it through until he gets back, there shouldn't be nearly as many DJ owners still around, so I'll suddenly have an advantage.  Of course, now I need to hope that AZ stays competitive so there's a reason for him to not just scrap the entire season for more healing.

Hope so.  I should only need 2 of the 4 most weeks.  Went heavy at TE with Olsen, Rudolph & Ertz and have Evans, Parker and 6 other WRs, so there are lots of possibilities for my flex spots. It'll be "interesting" to say the least.  I just keep telling myself that if I can make it through until he gets back, there shouldn't be nearly as many DJ owners still around, so I'll suddenly have an advantage.  Of course, now I need to hope that AZ stays competitive so there's a reason for him to not just scrap the entire season for more healing.
My fingers are crossed for you (but only because Sturgis went on IR so Phil Dawson is now my PK1 :P  )

My fingers are crossed for you (but only because Sturgis went on IR so Phil Dawson is now my PK1 :P  )
Don't get me started--I had Sturgis, too.  Down to Dawson and Zuerlein both with week 8 byes, so I get a 0 that week.  Somehow screwed up checking the Gonzalez box and got Zuerlein instead.  No big deal, because Sturgis would get me through, right?

Umpteen hours researching and putting together a with only one flaw down the toilet with a flick of DJ's wrist.

The DJ injury crushes what I think was my best roster in all the years of the contest and I've cashed twice (although at the low end of the winnings).  Sturgis gone doesn't help either.  I can see a path to making it through DJs hiatus, but 10 weeks is a lot of opportunities to miss the cut line.

Thoughts.

QG entry:

QB- Stafford (1 time used) Winston (0) - feel better about this combo.  Always scared about running 2 but Stafford does tend to play through.

RB- Hunt (1) Cook (1) Kerwynn (1) Ajayi (0) Smallwood (0) Kelley (0).  Kerwynn is a boon and a lucky gamble.  Feel good about 1st 4.  Worried that Smallwood was preseason hype.  Jury out on Kelley as game flow worked against him.

WR- P Richardson (1) Wright (1) R Anderson (0) Goodwin (0) Hogan (0) Zay (0) Boyd (0) Wallace (0) Evans (0) Parker (0).  Group didn't do much - Wright will be forced to get more opportunities though.  Evans and Parker need to carry the load.

TE- Witten (1) Ertz (1) Olsen (0) Gates (0) Gresham (0).  I love this group.  Ertz is the good and Witten looks like he has something left   Olsen should be fine.

PK- Sturgis (1) Dawson (0) Hauschka (0).  Sturgis hurts bad but this is part of why I go 3 kickers.  Not lovin' it though.

DEF- Detroit (1) Washington (0) Dallas (0).  Based off week 1 looks like I have the right cheapo defenses :)

-QG

205 points

Went with Winston, Evans and Parker for the week 1 bye. Winston, Evans and OBJ out week one.

Jameis Winston, DeShone Kizer 

Ty Montgomery, Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Danny Woodhead, Kareem Hunt, Rex Burkhead, Wendell Smallwood

Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, Terrelle Pryor, DeVante Parker, Paul Richardson, Kenny Golladay

Evan Engram, Jared Cook

Caleb Sturgis, Phil Dawson, Blair Walsh

Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams

Umpteen hours researching and putting together a with only one flaw down the toilet with a flick of DJ's wrist.
I spent about 60 minutes on my team at the last possible moment. That way I wasn't switching up all the time. My team did fairly well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this contest really gets interesting when a Really highly owned and highly priced player goes down not sure if DJ qualifies as highly owned but he's a minor example of what I mean . Btw it a guy like hunt goes down no biggie rosters are built to handle the loss 

There's a lot of row left to hoe.
The point I was trying to make is that I waited till the last minute because I didn't want to be driving my self nuts changing my lineup everyday. I feel that this is my best team I have picked since I finished 2nd a few years back.

Through 1 week:

QB:  Bradford (1), Wilson (0), Siemian (0) - Had a Brees/Kizer combo for the longest time but got spooked with the idea of a 2QB combo and a bad Brees road game.  Upped it to three at the last minute.  So far so good as Bradford and Siemian look like bargains.  Little worried about Seattle's OL

RB:  Hunt (1), Cook (1), Kelley (0), Rawls (0), Burkhead (0), Smallwood (0), C West (0) - RBs will likely be my undoing as I put too much into WR and TE.  Hunt should play "defense" at least with over 9000 teams owning him.

WR:  Cooper (1), M Jones (1), Evans (0), Parker (0), Z Jones (0), Hogan (0), Richardson (0) - Two of the top three guys had their bye in Week 1.  I like the mix of studs and fliers here, though they're all probably pretty widely owned.

TE:  Ertz (1), Kelce (1), Kittle (1), J Thomas (0) - This group should eat.  Got through a bye with Julius

K:  Succop (1), Walsh (0), Z Gonzalez (0) - this group should be fine if unspectacular

DE:  Lions (1), Saints (0), 49ers (0), Browns (0) - the four bottom-feeder strategy worked in Week 1 with the Lions.  Let's see if it holds up 

Just stay healthy boys.... :thumbup:

3 QB

T Brady  QB  NE  $27

C Newton  QB  CAR  $15

J Garoppolo  QB  NE  $4

8 RB

T Gurley  RB  LAR  $27

D Cook  RB  MIN  $17

K Hunt  RB  KC  $10

T Rawls  RB  SEA  $8

M Mack  RB  IND $4

W Smallwood  RB  PHI  $3

C West  RB  KC  $3

T Cohen  RB  CHI  $3

9 WR

M Evans  WR  TB  $29

C Coleman  WR  CLE  $10

K White  WR  CHI  $7

C Hogan  WR  NE  $5

T Smith  WR  PHI  $4

P Richardson  WR  SEA  $3

K Golladay  WR  DET  $3

P Dorsett  WR  NE  $3

J Kearse  WR  NYJ  $3

4 TE

T Eifert  TE  CIN  $18

Z Ertz  TE  PHI  $13

A Hooper  TE  ATL  $11

T Higbee  TE  LAR   $6

3 K

S Hauschka  PK  BUF  $3

C Sturgis  PK  PHI  $3

G Zuerlein  PK  LAR  $2

3 DT

Browns  DT  CLE  $2

Lions  DT  DET  $2

Saints  DT  NO  $2
My best team yet.  Just stay relatively healthy, just stay healthy!

Ugly ugly week but expected with Bradford and DJ down and Bell and McCoy laying eggs. Should be fine with galloday and hooper (-10 and -12) least it's early but soon as the byes start I'll be screwed! 

QG66 entry that I am not love with cruising to week three.

It is at 174.9 + (Stafford - 14.5) + (Lions - 6.0)

ConstruxBoy entry that I thought I did better with in serious trouble :scared:

134 + (Golliday/Shepherd - 8.4/8.9)

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread