What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 FBG Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

So does anyone want to trade a wr for a rb?  Gotta laugh when your most expensive player, who had a decent game (Gordon - 79 yards and a touchdown) doesn't count for rb or flex, but your $3 wr counts with half his points. Still, 216 in week 1 isn't half bad. 

Crowder better improve quick.
Another week with 4 RB counting and Crowder and Cooks appear to be a waste of money.  Hogan and Parker did alright
Much better this week. Thanks Brandin for showing up.

B Cooks WRNE 26 30.10WR

C Hogan WR NE 5 22.80WR

D Parker WR MIA 14 21.60FL

R Anderson WR NYJ 5 18.50FL

140 with Hunt, Pryor (-5) and Prescott to go.m. Should be fine but the lions and Z leg have been saving my butt with no Bradford or DJ

Whoda thunk losing Bradford would hurt that much?
Cause I'm a shmuck and went Bradford instead of Goff or Wentz I honestly thought this was the year of the bargain QB. Brady is proving me wrong once again and 39$ of money on DJ would go a long long way. 

Cause I'm a shmuck and went Bradford instead of Goff or Wentz I honestly thought this was the year of the bargain QB. Brady is proving me wrong once again and 39$ of money on DJ would go a long long way. 
It is.  Some combo of A. Smith/Watson/Kizer/Goff/Seimian would be killing it so far.  

so my team which looked like it shouldnt even be in the contest after 2 weeks (and needed engram/lions monday night to survive) has 8 guys with 18+ pts and 30 from my special teams.  lol football.

Yep I'm now right at the cut line Hunt owners unit lol!!!

have Prescott full count and Pryor -5 left.

im guessing cut line is high 170's like 178.9 so now we wait. 

How long before everyone that doesn't own Hunt is out? Week 11, maybe 12? I am just guessing I have no idea. I would love to see a what a nice entry looks like that doesn't have Hunt.

Sitting at 209.8 with Kerwynn, Gresham, Witten, Dawson and Dallas all left (but all needing to beat pretty good numbers to matter).  Pleasantly surprised by this entry so far.  Evans with 13.7, Detroit with 14.0, and Richie Anderson with 18.5 were my only guys under 20 to count.  Ajayi's clunker vs the Jets ought to thin that herd a bit.

Good luck to those sweating The Turk.

-QG

Lol I am 4 spots above the cut... I have Hunt and he fully counted but the cut line kept catching up. However as long as Prescott plays I should avoid the cut with no crazy ownership numbers tonight it should only move 5-10max and even an incompetent QB can put up a 12-15 pointer, again if he plays the Injury reports this year have been horribly misleading. Guys great all week then miss the game and guys out all week "Quesionable" and magically drop a huge game. Looking at you NFL you must realize a "Huge" part of your revenue comes from fantasy, unlike most other sports. 

How long before everyone that doesn't own Hunt is out? Week 11, maybe 12? I am just guessing I have no idea. I would love to see a what a nice entry looks like that doesn't have Hunt.
This got me curious, so I started looking at the top teams this week. I stopped after 25... all of them had Hunt. Will have to wait for Hunt to have a bad week.

Foxer2373 said:
Lol I am 4 spots above the cut... I have Hunt and he fully counted but the cut line kept catching up. However as long as Prescott plays I should avoid the cut with no crazy ownership numbers tonight it should only move 5-10max and even an incompetent QB can put up a 12-15 pointer, again if he plays the Injury reports this year have been horribly misleading. Guys great all week then miss the game and guys out all week "Quesionable" and magically drop a huge game. Looking at you NFL you must realize a "Huge" part of your revenue comes from fantasy, unlike most other sports. 
Yeah, when a guy has ownership numbers like Hunt, having him doesn't help you that much versus the field/cutline.  NOT having him, however, kills you against the field/cutline unless he has a bad week.

If Gordon is out for any length of time that's gonna hurt.

But at least I have smallwood, maybe he makes up for Gordon? 

224 with nobody left.

Ballpark about 180 this week.  Seems like a lot of big numbers this week so hopefully can eek by.  It's only a matter of time before the turk comes my way with DJ $39 dead money for still a long time.  But I'm enjoying seeing how my team is cobbling together points.

Gotta admit, I'm stunned that I'm going to be knocked out this week (unless the line doesn't move 2.7 points - yeah, right)

I built a team that couldn't withstand injuries, but I didn't have any of consequence.  Only Sam Bradford, but Jameis had 22 this week, so that wasn't a factor.  Byes weren't going to be an issue because I had several Dolphins and Bucs.  

I still think that teams that played the week 1 byes are going to do well in this contest.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

Best of luck to the rest of y'all!

Gotta admit, I'm stunned that I'm going to be knocked out this week (unless the line doesn't move 2.7 points - yeah, right)

I built a team that couldn't withstand injuries, but I didn't have any of consequence.  Only Sam Bradford, but Jameis had 22 this week, so that wasn't a factor.  Byes weren't going to be an issue because I had several Dolphins and Bucs.  

I still think that teams that played the week 1 byes are going to do well in this contest.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

How much does it usually move? This game should have pretty low ownership. If Peterson can shut down Dez, you might be in luck.

How much does it usually move? This game should have pretty low ownership. If Peterson can shut down Dez, you might be in luck.
I would say 3-10 points depending on the game and ownership.  Agree, this week is should be more towards the lower end.  Prescott is probably highly owned but there were a lot of good QB games from lower QBs like Goff and Hoyer that will dampen owner's ability to use Prescott and move the cut up.

It also depends on how many DJ owners are near the cut line.

My guess is that Witten could be the biggest difference maker tonight in regards to the cut line. I do not have him (have no one left) and am only 4.3 points above the line (around 500 people). There are still over 1000 Witten owners so depends where those people are in the standings. And particularly it was not a good week for TEs- Kelce, Walker, Doyle, Henry, Ebron, Rudolph, Reed, and Fleener. All under 10 yesterday. So I could see that position as the one with lowest threshold to start changing a team's score (for those with Witten)

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that Witten could be the biggest difference maker tonight in regards to the cut line. I do not have him (have no one left) and am only 4.3 points above the line (around 500 people). There are still over 1000 Witten owners so depends where those people are in the standings. And particularly it was not a good week for TEs- Kelce, Walker, Doyle, Henry, Ebron, Rudolph, Reed, and Fleener. All under 10 yesterday. So I could see that position as the one with lowest threshold to start changing a team's score (for those with Witten)
This is probably correct.

Ballpark about 180 this week.  Seems like a lot of big numbers this week so hopefully can eek by.  It's only a matter of time before the turk comes my way with DJ $39 dead money for still a long time.  But I'm enjoying seeing how my team is cobbling together points.
I think that's a bit high. I don't think we get to 170 unless there are some weirdly high ownership percentages tonight. I don't think we've ever seen a 20 point jump on MNF. 

It wasn't a horrible week for tight ends, Gronk, Ertz, Graham, and a few popular sleepers like Clay, Watson, Cook,

dbc925 said:

Last year sucked when I missed a cut by .85 points.  This year?  .3.  Ugh.

Through 3 weeks:

QB:  Bradford (1), Wilson (1), Siemian (1) - Russ finally had his breakout game.  Really need Bradford back with byes looming

RB:  Hunt (3), Cook (2), Burkhead (1), Kelley (0), Rawls (0), Smallwood (0), C West (0) - I'm actually surprised at how many Hunt teams have been eliminated.  Still a ridiculous ownership rate.  But overall this group is not good as feared.  Maybe Smallwood steps up with Sproles done.

WR:  Evans (2), Parker (2), Hogan (2), Cooper (1), M Jones (1), Richardson (1), Z Jones (0) - Good balance of contributors here.  Cooper may be my most disappointing pick though.  Needs to step it up quickly.

TE:  Ertz (3), Kelce (2), Kittle (1), J Thomas (0) - Ertz and Hunt are arguably the two biggest slam dunks in the contest and their ownership percentages reflect that.  Hopefully the Kelce group got thinned out this week.

K:  Succop (3), Walsh (0), Z Gonzalez (0) - Succop with three monster weeks in a row

DE:  Lions (3), Saints (0), 49ers (0), Browns (0) - Lions also with three monster weeks in a row

This got me curious, so I started looking at the top teams this week. I stopped after 25... all of them had Hunt. Will have to wait for Hunt to have a bad week.
I went the other direction.  It took me 48 clicks from the bottom up to find a roster with Hunt.

So far unused - 

Wendell Smallwood, Kyle Juszczyk, Charcandrick West

Jamison Crowder, Taywan Taylor

Jimmy Graham, Coby fleener

Blair Walsh, Aldrick Rosas

Every week - Gurley, Hunt, Ertz, Z

really just Crowder, Graham, and fleener have been a waste of ?

Prescott came through in a big way last night posted a respectable 185 however if brandford can't go week 6 I'm screwed and besides Ertz my TE or posting 2's and 3's lol

To me the drama really starts when the non hunt heard is thinned out when everyone's best player don't matter it will make for some tight cut lines 

Its nice that the only guys on my roster who haven't counted yet are bench players...

Hoyer, QB3 - I thought his 30 points would stick but then Russell Wilson woke up.

Smallwood, RB6 - His 9 points missed flex by 2.  He has a shot at Sproles role now.

West, RB7 - 9.5 in week 1 almost counted.  $3 on top of $10 for Hunt to lock up KC run game.

Goodwin, WR6 - might score someday if he can learn how to catch.  feels like a wasted spot.

ASJ, TE3 - back from suspension now...looks like a steady 10-15 points per week.

Walsh, PK3 - thought he would be my PK1 (3 $3 kickers)

CONGRATULATIONS Saints defense for outscoring Panthers and Steelers this week!!!

Now, Jay Ajai, about last week.....57 carries for 9 inches....really?!?

Users who are viewing this thread