What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Allow me to start the ArDarius Stewart hype train! (1 Viewer)

agame2323

Footballguy
All this kid needed was a chance. Well... here we are!

I loved him coming into the draft and knew being with the Jets wasn't the best situation but something would open up.

He looks a little lost out there so far, but he'll have to grow up fast. And it won't be for lack of opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not particularly a fan of Stewart but no denying some one needs to catch the ball for the Jets.
Not necessarily. No qb, no receivers with experience. Might be good for garbage time but sign me up for streaming "Jets opponents" as my team defense.

Not necessarily. No qb, no receivers with experience. Might be good for garbage time but sign me up for streaming "Jets opponents" as my team defense.
The Jets should be just terrible.  There's a bet in the Bear's thread on the Rotoworld forums over which team will have a worse record, the Bears or Jets.  It's been entertaining.

What about this Chad Hansen guy? I'm mildly intrigued by him in dynasty. Anyone think he has a shot to contribute early on with such a dearth at the position?

I can see a trade happening. A guy that comes to mind, based off nothing but conjecture, is Jordan Matthews given the depth in Philly and Aghelor supposedly stepping up his game.

What about this Chad Hansen guy? I'm mildly intrigued by him in dynasty. Anyone think he has a shot to contribute early on with such a dearth at the position?
Off the top of my head the Jets have the following WRs in camp (minus Enunwa):

Robbie Anderson (could have a possible suspension pending for conduct)

Jalin Marshall (does have four game suspension for PED)

Aradrius Stewart (rookie)

Chad Hansen (rookie)

Charone Peake

Chris Harper (former Seattle draft pick, having a good camp from what I hear)

Lucky Whitehead (more of a special team guy)

Marquess Wilson (former Bear speedster)

in other words - there's plenty of opportunity for some one to step up.

Robbie Anderson and ASJ (also suspended) are the guys to watch for IMO, but there is no doubt there is room for ANYONE to be valuable this season on the Jets. 

I can see a trade happening. A guy that comes to mind, based off nothing but conjecture, is Jordan Matthews given the depth in Philly and Aghelor supposedly stepping up his game.
Jets aren't trying to do squat this year. I'd be less surprised if they traded more players away for picks.

Not only could they go 0-16, they could score less than the 76 bucs.

I really liked him pre-draft and then shot him down my rankings when he went to the Jets.  They are basically the new Browns (or are the Jets the worst run organization since 2015?), who knows.  Stewart does some things well and some things rather poorly but he reminded me of a Percy Harvin type that I can see the Jets being so bad that they get ultra creative in ways to get him the ball.  

Not particularly talented or productive in college, but a physical player that has a lot of fight in him.  He's going to get on the field for sure.  What I'm less sure about is if he will produce.  This offense is going to be a dumpster fire.

I drafted him in my dynasty league, so tracking his progress in TC as well.  Not many reports for him though, but I liked his college tape. I think if he can "figure it out" he's got a wide open opportunity there.  Sounds like the guy splashing in Jets camp is FA Chris Harper.

I drafted him in my dynasty league, so tracking his progress in TC as well.  Not many reports for him though, but I liked his college tape. I think if he can "figure it out" he's got a wide open opportunity there.  Sounds like the guy splashing in Jets camp is FA Chris Harper.
If anyone on the offense can figure anything out, they will get wide open opportunities. 

I really liked him pre-draft and then shot him down my rankings when he went to the Jets.  They are basically the new Browns (or are the Jets the worst run organization since 2015?), who knows.  
At least the Browns uses spreadsheets?

I loved Stewart's dynasty potential and wasn't even really fazed that he went to NYJ. I like the opportunity. They should be in position to get a top QB in 2018. Clearly tanking it. He's not much for 2017 but I think he can evolve into an exciting WR2 who will be a deciding factor for you 1-2 weeks on 45-yd TD jet sweeps Tyreek Hill style. 

At least the Browns uses spreadsheets?

I loved Stewart's dynasty potential and wasn't even really fazed that he went to NYJ. I like the opportunity. They should be in position to get a top QB in 2018. Clearly tanking it. He's not much for 2017 but I think he can evolve into an exciting WR2 who will be a deciding factor for you 1-2 weeks on 45-yd TD jet sweeps Tyreek Hill style. 
Agree completely but that actually makes for a buy low after this year instead of buying now.  I'd rather take fliers on guys for hits this year and then if Ardarius shows flashes then I might buy after the season is done.  Makes for better roster management in my mind.  

Off the top of my head the Jets have the following WRs in camp (minus Enunwa):

Robbie Anderson (could have a possible suspension pending for conduct)

Jalin Marshall (does have four game suspension for PED)

Aradrius Stewart (rookie)

Chad Hansen (rookie)

Charone Peake

Chris Harper (former Seattle draft pick, having a good camp from what I hear)

Lucky Whitehead (more of a special team guy)

Marquess Wilson (former Bear speedster)

in other words - there's plenty of opportunity for some one to step up.
This is pretty solid thinking.  I would probably slip the currently unknown Gabe Marks in there between Harper and whitehead.  He's been making some impressive plays in camp and it's really WIDE open right now. 

ETA - thought you were ranking the list in order of who stood the best chance, but just realized That wasn't your intent.   Coincidentally, I think it's ranked well from top to bottom. 

Agree completely but that actually makes for a buy low after this year instead of buying now.  I'd rather take fliers on guys for hits this year and then if Ardarius shows flashes then I might buy after the season is done.  Makes for better roster management in my mind.  
I agree. I have him in one spot, happy he will have an opportunity for me to potentially have an asset sooner than i expected there. I will not be chasing him actively in other spots for the reasons you stated pretty much. Might pick up hansen in another league to spread out the fliers on jets players though.

This is pretty solid thinking.  I would probably slip the currently unknown Gabe Marks in there between Harper and whitehead.  He's been making some impressive plays in camp and it's really WIDE open right now. 

ETA - thought you were ranking the list in order of who stood the best chance, but just realized That wasn't your intent.   Coincidentally, I think it's ranked well from top to bottom. 
Yeah it wasn't necessarily my intent but I do think the more prominent prospects came to mind first so it did turn out that way - I'd likely rank them that way but as I said it's fairly wide open so maybe a guy like Chris Harper finally breaks out after bouncing around a bit.

ESPN's Rich Cimini reports the Jets see third-round WR ArDarius Stewart as "the rookie most likely to contribute."

With Quincy Enunwa (neck) done for the season, the Jets are beyond desperate for help at receiver. Stewart appears more likely than fourth-rounder Chad Hansen to step into the void, but neither has shown particularly well so far in camp. The Jets undoubtedly would like to see what their young players can do in a lost season, but they might be forced to bring in a veteran or two at final cuts.

Source: ESPN

Aug 8 - 11:41 AM

Bump up Terrell Pryor and Chad Hansen:

Ralph Vacchiano‏Verified account @RVacchianoSNY 17m17 minutes ago

Jets WR ArDarius Stewart has officially been suspended for two games by the NFL for violating their policy against performance-enhancing drugs. ... Stewart is at practice today.

Users who are viewing this thread