What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 35K Contest - 2017 Live Scoring (1 Viewer)

Steeler

Footballguy
ETA2, latest update: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/758257-fbg-35k-contest-2017-live-scoring/?page=2#comment-20432025

ETA: Here is the link to the Live Scoring App:  CALCOMATIC.COM

I'm going to create and run the Live Scoring app this year for the contest and I've already started the development effort.  I'm starting with the "scoring module" which pulls stats from NFL.COM and calculates the the scoring for the contest.

I've deployed a test page to an existing website (http://sharplease.com/LiveScoring) which allows you to select any regular season game from last year, or any game this preseason.  Select any game and the page will display all the stats/fantasy points for each player in the game.  I wanted to make this available so people could help me test/review the scoring module to see if it performing the calculations correctly.  Most of the stats are pretty straight forward, but any defensive TDs or odd offensive TDs might have some issues.  If you can think of any weird TDs from last year, lookup the game and check to see if I have accounted for that stat in the fantasy score.  Keep in mind this is just for testing the calculations and it's not that pretty - rest assured the fully functioning app will look much better.

Also, I need help with the name of the website... I always like the "Iggomatic" nickname for Iggy's app, but "steeler-o-matic" doesn't roll off the tongue too well.  Once I have a name, I'll create the website and start working on the final product.  Until then, suggest some names, and check out the test page!

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a look around and didn't find any discrepancies.  Will search some more this evening.

As to the app, I would name it Le'Veon. :)

Has anyone seen a posting of all the rosters of previous winners of this contest? Are there any real trends - eg. smaller (18-22) high value player teams success vs. larger (30+) teams?  Or the Suds & Duds approach? Or is there no rhyme or reason - every year has been different? 

wittyusername said:
Has anyone seen a posting of all the rosters of previous winners of this contest? Are there any real trends - eg. smaller (18-22) high value player teams success vs. larger (30+) teams?  Or the Suds & Duds approach? Or is there no rhyme or reason - every year has been different? 
Yes

The BETA version of the Live Scoring app is up and running:  CALCOMATIC.COM!

It's currently setup with 32 dummy entries so we can get a preview of how things will work during the regular season.  Preseason week #3 is the most like the regular season so I figured this would be a perfect week to kick the tires on the site.

This is still a work in progress, especially regarding the look and feel, but the main functionality for pulling the stats, calculating the scores, and displaying the results should be working.  Let me know what you think!

And props to Iggy!  His suggestions early on helped me get started in the right direction.

@Ignoratio Elenchi

The BETA version of the Live Scoring app is up and running:  CALCOMATIC.COM!

It's currently setup with 32 dummy entries so we can get a preview of how things will work during the regular season.  Preseason week #3 is the most like the regular season so I figured this would be a perfect week to kick the tires on the site.

This is still a work in progress, especially regarding the look and feel, but the main functionality for pulling the stats, calculating the scores, and displaying the results should be working.  Let me know what you think!

And props to Iggy!  His suggestions early on helped me get started in the right direction.

@Ignoratio Elenchi
Hrm I suppose Quizzomatic.com was taken? ;)

-QG

BUF-SF is probably the biggest dummy out of the entries ;)

Quick note - I see Watkins on Buffalo so you can test out players changing teams :)

-QG

How do we know are entry number again ?
We won't know our entry numbers until the contest locks @ 11:59pm (ET) Wednesday, September 6th.  

After that time you will go to this page:  http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/mycontestteam.php

On that page, you will see a large link with your team name. Clicking that link will take you to your entry page. The URL of that page ends with a six-digit number followed by .php. That six-digit number is your entry ID. 

Then you go to http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive and enter that ID into the text box (note, the site is still in Pre-Season mode so the text box is currently disabled.  Select one of the "Dummy Teams" from the drop down for now to kick the tires on the site).

CALCOMATIC.COM is live!  I loaded the entries this morning and the site is open for business!

Most of the testing was done with Chrome but I did look at the site with IE and Firefox as well.  Also, looks like there are some layout issues on a mobile devices - I didn't have time to look at those issues.  I would consider adding a really slimmed down "live entry page" for mobile devices so let me know if that is something you would be interested in using.

So take a look around, find your entry, and let me know if there are any issues.  If you've seen the site before and the layout looks funky please clear your browsers cache... in Chrome you can do that using these keys: CTRL-Shift-R

Good luck this year!

The winning entry:

QB - Tom Brady - NE/9 - $27
QB - Brian Hoyer - SF/11 - $6
RB - David Johnson - ARI/8 - $39
RB - LeVeon Bell - PIT/9 - $35
RB - Kareem Hunt - KC/10 - $10
RB - Wendell Smallwood - PHI/10 - $3
WR - Davante Adams - GB/8 - $20
WR - Jamison Crowder - WAS/5 - $16
WR - Pierre Garcon - SF/11 - $13
WR - Kevin White - CHI/9 - $7
WR - Cooper Kupp - LAR/8 - $5
WR - Robby Anderson - NYJ/11 - $5
WR - Jaron Brown - ARI/8 - $3
TE - Rob Gronkowski - NE/9 - $27
TE - Zach Ertz - PHI/10 - $13
TE - Jack Doyle - IND/11 - $11
PK - Phil Dawson - ARI/8 - $3
PK - Zane Gonzalez - CLE/9 - $2
TD - Dallas Cowboys - DAL/6 - $3
TD - Detroit Lions - DET/7 - $2

CALCOMATIC.COM is live!  I loaded the entries this morning and the site is open for business!

Most of the testing was done with Chrome but I did look at the site with IE and Firefox as well.  Also, looks like there are some layout issues on a mobile devices - I didn't have time to look at those issues.  I would consider adding a really slimmed down "live entry page" for mobile devices so let me know if that is something you would be interested in using.

So take a look around, find your entry, and let me know if there are any issues.  If you've seen the site before and the layout looks funky please clear your browsers cache... in Chrome you can do that using these keys: CTRL-Shift-R

Good luck this year!
Amazing!  I'd be interested in a mobile version.  I'll try tonight on my Ipad which I use more often for live scoring.

Thank You - looks amazing..

Question- since there is no log in, will I have to input that number every time I log in? Will my entry disappear as my history gets cleared?

Amazing!  I'd be interested in a mobile version.  I'll try tonight on my Ipad which I use more often for live scoring.

Thank You - looks amazing..

Question- since there is no log in, will I have to input that number every time I log in? Will my entry disappear as my history gets cleared?
Two options.  When you are on your entry page you can click the "this is my entry" button at the top right of the page.  This uses a small cookie to track your I'd.  After that, each time you click the "my entry" link you will be taken to your page.

Second option is to simply bookmark your entry page.

Thanks for putting this together!
That 'Roster Construction' popup that you created was great for visualizing BYE weeks :)

I want to make a few tweaks to the site but overall everything worked as expected  :thumbup:

Not sure when I'll get around to those changes because I'm on the west cost of Florida and hurricane Irma is supposed to make landfall sometime on Sunday AM.  I'm not in an evacuation zone so no worries about flooding for me, but we might be without power for a period of time.

Anyway, if I'm not online this Sunday that's the reason 

Can you add a link to a .csv or something so we can see player ownership rates, how many entries have the player X and Y combo, or whatever other aggregate metrics or filtering we might be interested in?

I want to make a few tweaks to the site but overall everything worked as expected  :thumbup:

Not sure when I'll get around to those changes because I'm on the west cost of Florida and hurricane Irma is supposed to make landfall sometime on Sunday AM.  I'm not in an evacuation zone so no worries about flooding for me, but we might be without power for a period of time.

Thank U for all your hard workThank U for all your hard work

Can you add a link to a .csv or something so we can see player ownership rates, how many entries have the player X and Y combo, or whatever other aggregate metrics or filtering we might be interested in?
There's already a querier on this site for that. The easy way to find it is to go through MyFBG to your contest team page.  Click on "This Week's Standings" and the link is on that page.  Or go to http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/contest_querier_form.php

Thanks for this much appreciated.I sent a donation hopefully everyone will send a little somethin  somethin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stay safe! Thank you for putting the site together.

Is this working?  My entry is filled with 0s.
I haven't yet been able to run the process to close out week #1, so the My Entry page you get to from the Entries menu will still have all zeros.

If you click on the Live Menu item and select My Entry you will be taken to the live score page which will show the details for your team.

I hope to close out week #1 today.

http://calcomatic.com should be in good shape at the moment:

• I fixed the scoring issue with kickers (stats feed wasn't including extra-point data after defensive TDs in the same way they do after other TDs - so I had to change the way XP data is pulled from the feed).
  • I spot checked several entries and the scores all match for the ones I checked - if you see any discrepancies please let me know.
  • Site is setup for week 2 of NFL season...
  • Live Scoring page shows all zeros and will start tracking stats as the games are played this week
  • Detail page now shows the player uses, total, etc. for week 1.
  • There are still 6 players that do not have a "stat id" and I can't track their stats without it.  My guess is these guys haven't played a preseason or regular season game this year.  If any of these guys has played this year let me know so I can track down that stat id.  I know J. Gordon is suspended but also let me know if any of these guys is on IR so I can stop checking for stats for them.
Code:
M Williams    LAC    WR    170
M Wheaton    CHI    WR    157
R Switzer    DAL    WR    108
J Gordon    CLE    WR     84
J Butt        DEN    TE     50
M Rivera    JAX    TE     13

Latest Update: 

I added two pages to show percentage ownership for players.  First one is the overall percentages for players at the beginning of the contest including staff entries, this page will static all year.  The second one shows the players in the Sunday/Monday night games for the given week and their percentages - these percentages are for active entries only and do not include staff entries.

I also added a mobile friendly Live Scoring Entry Page - you have to use the cookie in order for the link to work from the nav menu on the left.  Or you can enter this into your browser's address bar and bookmark the page:   calcomatic.com/mobile/<insert your 6 digit entry id here>

So this is it!  I'm finished adding features for the year and will only be making updates if any issues are found.  The last know "issue" is the 6 remaining players that have not been mapped correctly to be able to track their stats.... as soon as they play a game and accumulate stats I'll be able to set them up and we'll be good to go.

If you have donated in the past or if you are planning to donate this year - no time like the present  :thumbup:

Based on the calcomatic ownership data, here's what the typical roster looks like (and a comparison to last year):

2017 rosters:
# $
QB 2.7 $35.5
RB 5.5 $81.4
WR 6.4 $84.3
TE 2.5 $29.2
PK 2.2 $8.4
DT 2.3 $11.0
Tot 21.6 $249.8

2016 rosters:
# $
QB 2.8 $34.9
RB 5.6 $77.4
WR 6.1 $90.5
TE 2.7 $27.1
PK 2.3 $8.7
DT 2.3 $11.3
Tot 21.8 $249.8

Average player on the roster is 14.2% owned (vs. 13.4% in 2016).

Users who are viewing this thread