What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 1 (1 Viewer)

if your plan is to fade a high scoring game or two that you think will be highly owned, then it seems like the main slate is the ideal slate to play gpps in, no?
Excellent point, thanks!  :doh:   I hadn't thought of it from that angle, which is weird, since I routinely play THU-MON slates, and fade all THU players.  As you imply, this approach gives the competition plenty of rope to hang themselves with "bad" picks.

I was thinking of the situation as "several people are going to choose the correct SEA/GB players and rack up points, but I don't think it will be me", so let's take the game out of the equation.  Perhaps that is completely faulty logic.  I'm starting my second season in DFS, and I have very limited experience attacking smaller slates.

Love this thread.

Should listen to myself and stayed away from cash games the first couple weeks. 

Hooper, Wright, and Bell combining for 2pts? 

Crabtree's gotten more involved at least. It's almost like Mariota is making it a point to NOT target Walker tho. Bell has done literally nothing too. 

Hooper might have saved my FD day, still a lot of football left though.  

Have 1 decent gpp score with mccoy/fournette/cooper/jax  will be watching Car and yelling at those players. 

Kizer - Bell/DJ - Jones/Fitzgerald/Wright - Witten - Succor - Buffalo

Kizer is sketchy, but he should be playing from behind which may lead to volume and garbage time. I really like Fitz, but not sure I should have him in a lineup with DJ.  It is crazy to have three $9000+ players in a single lineup.
Well that didn't work.  Never would I have dreamed Kizer would be my high scorer in that line up  :no:

#### i wish i posted that i loved zuerlein as a min priced gpp kicker.  idk if anybody wouldve listened but maybe i coulda helped somebody our there win some $$$. :/

#### i wish i posted that i loved zuerlein as a min priced gpp kicker.  idk if anybody wouldve listened but maybe i coulda helped somebody our there win some $$$. :/
One of the podcasts I listen to was pushing to play him and Rams D for cash.  (I didn't listen well enough, I guess)  

Looking at this point as if I'll hit one cash L/U and a small cash in one GPP. Need a ton of help from Brandon Marshall tonight to possibly cash a 2nd GPP. Any word yet on DJ's wrist injury? 

Million dollar leader is a pretty chalky lineup except for Jesse James.  Didn't see that one coming.
Just about every time I look at the huge winners they seem to make sense.  Maybe 1 long shot in the LU, but usually not something that I think "wtf would start that lineup?"

Tango said:
It wasnt a stacky day.  It was chalky.   None of Dalton/Flacco/Wentz/Cousins/et al hitting 4 TDs  to 2 guys happened.  
Still surprised there isn't a Stafford/Galloday, Fournette/Jax D type of combo on there. 

Jags D carried me this week.  
Sour grapes, sure... but that's one of my beefs with FanDuel...  Spend hours poring over offensive skill position players, but the difference between cashing and not is often which kicker or defense you land on.  Houston whiffs while the Rams and Jags romp.   :kicksrock:

Trust me, if I could have it where there was no defense/kicker I would do that in a heart beat. If you do this thing long enough you have the ups and downs of the defense. I was all in on the Jags this week, love them this year but would have never expected the performance that they put together. 

The FanDuel mini games are 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr which is a nice alternative. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The FanDuel mini games are 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr which is a nice alternative. 
I will definitely look into the mini games.  I tired one as a freeroll this week.  Didn't cash, but finished in top 2%.  Had 2 out of 5 players in common with the eventual winner.

Is there a mini-game strategy article posted?  I didn't notice it.  

I never saw the Stafford explosion coming.

I will definitely look into the mini games.  I tired one as a freeroll this week.  Didn't cash, but finished in top 2%.  Had 2 out of 5 players in common with the eventual winner.

Is there a mini-game strategy article posted?  I didn't notice it.  

I never saw the Stafford explosion coming.
We have a mini game strategy article starting this upcoming week. Originally in our discussion with FanDuel we didn't think that this game would be ready for week 1 which is why there was no article this week. 

Sour grapes, sure... but that's one of my beefs with FanDuel...  Spend hours poring over offensive skill position players, but the difference between cashing and not is often which kicker or defense you land on.  Houston whiffs while the Rams and Jags romp.   :kicksrock:
I don't mind D, but really hate kicker.  Speaking of sour grapes, I was down 20% today, but it looks like 4 of my 50/50 misses were by .3pts or less.   I did win 2 of the 3 H2Hs I tried, so maybe I should think about them even more. 

Seemed like the chalkier Buff and Houst were duds, but I don't think Jax or Rams were huge surprises. 

On to week 2....

We have a mini game strategy article starting this upcoming week. Originally in our discussion with FanDuel we didn't think that this game would be ready for week 1 which is why there was no article this week. 
Will you have similar articles for the DK pick 'em games?

Stafford / Girly / Shady / Fitz / Jordy / AB / Jesse James / B Wash / Jags = $1M and no other entrants had the same team.

Wow KP you're right, it seems like I coulda/woulda/shoulda put that together.

AND if you would have taken Hooper instead of J James at TE (they were the same price) you would have beat him.

Down a bit for the weekend with tons of exposure to bell, Dj, and martavis. Rams d, zuerlein helped keep some cash rolling in. 

Stafford / Girly / Shady / Fitz / Jordy / AB / Jesse James / B Wash / Jags = $1M and no other entrants had the same team.

Wow KP you're right, it seems like I coulda/woulda/shoulda put that together.

AND if you would have taken Hooper instead of J James at TE (they were the same price) you would have beat him.
For sure, and I should write these down and put the LUs next to my notes as I go on throughout the season.  Like I said, 90%+ of the time I look at the top of the leader board do I see LUs that I think are weird.  This looks like a cash lineup, or a slightly modified one - maybe James and Stafford in there instead of Mariota and Witten (something like that). 

I definitely need reminders like this b/c I tend to go way too much to the weird side of gpps.  It's like I want to be the one person that rocked the Savage to Hopkins stack and took down the big money, when most of the time you look at them, and see things that made sense or players that we were talking about in here, it's just the right combo of them.  Like you said, this wasn't even a perfect LU - starting Hooper or Zuerlein at the same price would have caught them at the same $ amt and same other core. 

Lost 95% of my contests by around 2-3 FPS due to Bills + Hopkins scoring around 30 points less than the Rams + Bryant or Gano combo I had before. I stupidly got off the Rams due to no Donald, oh well. Not sure how Hopkins had only 5. My DK team I did for fun vs a buddy did pretty well so maybe I'll focus on DK some more even though I've had success on FD with picking kickers and defenses for most of last season. Odd week though, top priced D scores 0 and one of the defenses that is bottom priced scored 28. Insane.

i was glancing through my scores from this week and i saw that one of the top 5ish dfs players in the world was in one of my contests and had nick novak.  made me feel just a little less bad about myself this weekend lol.

Mon-Thurs optimizer is up. It's always at the following week's URL. So if you go to this week's you'll see that the URL ends in "01". If you just advance that to "02", it will take you to the following week's URL, which on Monday before kickoff will be the Mon-Thurs optimizer.

Also, if you click on "Individual Games" in green toward the top, you can click on any team to cross out all of its players (and click again to un-cross them out). So if you want to set a lineup using Monday-only teams, click on the Texans and Bengals so that they go from blue to red.

Users who are viewing this thread