What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Watch - Chris Godwin WR Tampa Bay (1 Viewer)

What's great about this forum is the need for people who feel so helpless in their own lives they need to throw shade on others with a different opinion.

Look you can disagree.....it's okay. Please move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's great about this forum is the need for people who feel so helpless in their own lives they need to throw shade on others with a different opinion.

This forum is all about opinions.  Which is cool.   It’s also about backing them up with a rationale - facts, logic, evidence, perspective.   You kinda threw something out there, and then when pressed on it gave a version of “meh, I’m just making this up as I go.”

So if you have an opinion based on something, back it up.  

This forum is all about opinions.  Which is cool.   It’s also about backing them up with a rationale - facts, logic, evidence, perspective.   You kinda threw something out there, and then when pressed on it gave a version of “meh, I’m just making this up as I go.”

So if you have an opinion based on something, back it up.  
I gave it. I think the guy is over-rated as hell. I thought I had drafted him last season but it was two seasons ago. He was a total bust. I think he had 1-2 games over a hundred yards. My bad for thinking it was last season......Just think the guy is over-rated. He is a real physical specimen no doubt....My point is Godwin is better.....I'd rather draft Godwin in the 4th round than pick up Evans in the 2nd.

I gave it. I think the guy is over-rated as hell. I thought I had drafted him last season but it was two seasons ago. He was a total bust. I think he had 1-2 games over a hundred yards. My bad for thinking it was last season......Just think the guy is over-rated. He is a real physical specimen no doubt....My point is Godwin is better.....I'd rather draft Godwin in the 4th round than pick up Evans in the 2nd.
Mike Evans

5 yr avg 80/1100/8. He’s never had a year with less than 1000 yds. Sure, he had two years where he underperformed td wise and played through some injuries, but he’s been pretty consistent. I’ve had him in dynasty league since his rookie year. He’s still young, and just hitting his prime. 

Youre not wrong about taking Godwin in the 4th either, I think Bruce arians is what I’m buying here. 

That said, your Evans take is driven strictly by emotion, because you had him and he didn’t perform the way you hoped. That’s fine. Don’t draft him, and recognize your analysis for what it is and spare us.

Mike Evans

5 yr avg 80/1100/8. He’s never had a year with less than 1000 yds. Sure, he had two years where he underperformed td wise and played through some injuries, but he’s been pretty consistent. I’ve had him in dynasty league since his rookie year. He’s still young, and just hitting his prime. 
Don't sell Evans short - his yardage average per year is 1221.  @thehoch just seems frustrated that he drafted him after his 96/1321/12 year.  I'm quite certain he would have a different opinion of Evans if he had drafted him one year earlier.

Don't sell Evans short - his yardage average per year is 1221.  @thehoch just seems frustrated that he drafted him after his 96/1321/12 year.  I'm quite certain he would have a different opinion of Evans if he had drafted him one year earlier.
Yeah, the whole "he sucked when I had him" mentality isn't a smart one. Does Hopkins suck because in 2016 he had 900 yards and 4 TDs? Or Matt Ryan in 2017 when he had 4000 and 20? Sometimes for varying reasons players just have off years and we have to look at the big picture. With Ryan the big picture is that 4000/20 TD season is sandwiched between 4900/35 and 4900/38. For Hopkins, even with that abysmal 2016, he still has averaged 1350/10 over the last 4 years. With Evans, including his rookie year and his down year, he is averaging 1220/8. 

Please let thehoch have his opinion regarding Mike Evans and return to telling me why Chris Godwin is going to be a beast this year.

Thanks in advance.

we were touting this guy last preseason as a breakout candidate, and he fizzled.did we not learn anything?
Did he fizzle?

He kinda broke out imo.  In a cluster of a season with the QBs, he basically doubled his fantasy output.

Winston in particular looked for him in the end zone.  He had a couple bad games, shockingly against CHI and BAL.

All of this while not being on the field a whole bunch.

Enough said. I'm targeting him. He was on my subscriber contest team and in one of my leagues and had a good year. 

Please let thehoch have his opinion regarding Mike Evans and return to telling me why Chris Godwin is going to be a beast this year.

Thanks in advance.
He’s going to be a beast, big uptick in targets, competent coach (very important), and all the talent he needs to succeed.

tanner just comes in to take a dump then runs away. it's his MO
That confused me. There are two Tanners on the board, and wondered what the FFA was doing trolling you guys again. Nope, it's tanner9919. Natch.

I can relate to thehoch's frustration with Evans, though, and why he might think how he thinks. I drafted Calvin Johnson 1.6 one year and he had a "down" year. It just wasn't first-round worthy at all, and it nuked my team. Course, I never questioned the man's talent, but it sucked for me that year.  Worst finish ever in my league.

Chris Godwin corralled four-of-six targets for 52 scoreless yards in the Bucs’ third preseason game Friday against the Browns.

Tampa Bay’s offense was out of sync most of the night, though Godwin was still able to show a strong rapport with Jameis Winston, who looked to him as his safety valve out of the slot. He was the recipient of Winston’s longest completion, turning a simple screen pass into a 20-yard pick-up down the right sideline. He’s been as good as advertised this preseason, racking up six grabs for 72 yards and a touchdown on eight targets. Some people thought Bruce Arians was crazy when he suggested Godwin could notch 100 catches this year, but seeing him click with Winston this summer, triple-digit catches certainly seems within the realm of possibility.

Aug 23, 2019, 10:46 PM ET

Mike Evans

Youre not wrong about taking Godwin in the 4th either, I think Bruce arians is what I’m buying here. 

That said, your Evans take is driven strictly by emotion, because you had him and he didn’t perform the way you hoped. That’s fine. Don’t draft him, and recognize your analysis for what it is and spare us.
Mike Evans caught 2-of-5 targets for 28 yards in Tampa Bay's Week 1 loss to the 49ers.

Will do thanks bro!

BADANG!

What is that -- five for eighty and a touchdown in the first half? I'll take it. 

8-121 and a TD.

Also made a terrific diving attempt down the sideline when Jameis was coming out of his own endzone, but he just fell out of bounds.

Chris Godwin caught 8-of-9 targets for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' Week 2 win over the Panthers.

Both the catches and yards were new career highs for the third-year breakout candidate, who has now found the end zone in each of the Bucs' first two games. Godwin's 20-yard score came on a play fake where he cutting back toward the middle of the field and got a step on CB Donte Jackson. Godwin was creating space all evening. Jameis Winston's lack of overall passing volume — and effectiveness — is a concern through two games, but Godwin has been his favorite target. The ride might be bumpy, but Godwin is going to be a season-long WR2. The Giants are an unimposing Week 3 matchup.

Sep 13, 2019, 12:12 AM ET

Yep.  And Jameis is just staring him down when he’s the primary read - so Godwin is going to get a ton of targets this year.  Evans is almost an afterthought.
Rumors were earlier that coaches thought he could overtake as the #1. I've never been a big fan of Evan's. Hes a talented WR, and Godwin may not be doing as well without him, but Godwin seems to be the primary read. He was the primary redzone target last year as the wr3

Make no mistake, Evans is a monster, however Godwin is the better all around receiver. His route running is impeccably timed, and he catches everything thrown his way. I'm really high on this guy, and he's still a kid...

Mike Evans caught 2-of-5 targets for 28 yards in Tampa Bay's Week 1 loss to the 49ers. Tonight against Carolina Mike Evans goes 4-61.

Hate when that happens. The reverse rack him! 😂
Yea sure. Dude was announced as having the flu before week 1 and was throwing up on the sidelines. Didn’t play half the game. 

Yea sure. Dude was announced as having the flu before week 1 and was throwing up on the sidelines. Didn’t play half the game. 
Hey if you can give it you better be able to take it. I gave you my own opinion, I drafted this dude before and he had way more duds than you would be led to believe. I said I'd rather get Godwin later. So far everything I said was correct. Two weeks ago he was sick......yesterday he was what? Still sick. I am so over this guy's hype. Yes he has talent, yes he can have big games, but yes he is a fantasy killer, I know, he screwed me over royally and that's why I said never again. Good luck.

I know it's tangentially related, but we ought to keep this on Godwin. Evans is drawing all the doubles and safety help, just like with AB and JuJu or with Michael and Alvin from way back. Evans, right now, is a consensus WR1 for non-fantasy purposes. Godwin is an awesome #2, and teams would be dying to have him -- just like they'd be dying to have a #2 starter in baseball way back when. 

"Mike Evans caught 2-of-5 targets for 28 yards in Tampa Bay's Week 1 loss to the 49ers."

How do you like dem apples?  😂

Mike Evans caught 2-of-5 targets for 28 yards in Tampa Bay's Week 1 loss to the 49ers. Tonight against Carolina Mike Evans goes 4-61.

Hate when that happens. The reverse rack him! 😂
🙄

Sometimes the hype was off. Not this time. The real deal in a great situation.  I almost benched him last night. Might be my #1 over Thielen right now. So many other value plays at WR. If guys like Godwin and Gallup reliably deliver it will be a great year for teams that stacked at RB

I know it's tangentially related, but we ought to keep this on Godwin. Evans is drawing all the doubles and safety help, just like with AB and JuJu or with Michael and Alvin from way back. Evans, right now, is a consensus WR1 for non-fantasy purposes. Godwin is an awesome #2, and teams would be dying to have him -- just like they'd be dying to have a #2 starter in baseball way back when. 
I felt that Godwin was better than an awesome #2.  After some preseason McLaurin hype, I traded Kittle, McLaurin and Trey Quinn for Godwin and Olsen. I also managed to draft Godwin on all 6 of my redrafts, even taking him at the 2/3 turn in one league because I knew he wouldn’t make it back. With all the targets that left in DJax, Humphries and Jaquizz Rodgers I figured Godwin’s targets would approach Evans’ targets. Godwin seems more efficient in his catch rate and had more TD’s than Evans last year as a part time player. I thought he’d be better than Evans this year and he has the trajectory of a WR1.

I felt that Godwin was better than an awesome #2.  After some preseason McLaurin hype, I traded Kittle, McLaurin and Trey Quinn for Godwin and Olsen. I also managed to draft Godwin on all 6 of my redrafts, even taking him at the 2/3 turn in one league because I knew he wouldn’t make it back. With all the targets that left in DJax, Humphries and Jaquizz Rodgers I figured Godwin’s targets would approach Evans’ targets. Godwin seems more efficient in his catch rate and had more TD’s than Evans last year as a part time player. I thought he’d be better than Evans this year and he has the trajectory of a WR1.
That's some bold huntin' right there. And I hear you, but Kittle and McLaurin looks like a steep price right now. Good thing Godwin and Olsen are posting what they're posting. I didn't have Kittle repeating his last year, either, so I can see why you might have thought what you thought. 

That's a pretty even deal, looking at it objectively, and depending on your league make-up, roster construction, needs, dynasty, redraft, etc.

But all of those players are to be coveted in almost all leagues right now. 

Chris Godwin (hip) is not practicing Wednesday.

Coach Bruce Arians labeled Godwin day to day, but take that for what it's worth. Godwin took a distant back seat to Mike Evans last week, catching just three balls for 40 yards while Evans scored three touchdowns in the loss. Godwin will be a WR2/3 if he suits up against a tough Rams defense.

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Sep 25, 2019, 1:24 PM ET

Chris Godwin (hip) wasn't spotted at the Buccaneers' Thursday practice.

Godwin appears to be shaping up as a true game-time decision after coach Bruce Arians labeled him as day to day. Mike Evans saw 15 targets with Godwin on the field last week, so another massive workload could be on the way if the Bucs' No. 2 WR is ultimately sidelined. Either way, the entire passing game has a rough matchup against the Rams' fifth-ranked defense in pass DVOA. The Rams join the Patriots as the league's only CB units to not have allowed a single TD into their coverage this season (PFF).

SOURCE: Pewter Report on Twitter.

Sep 26, 2019, 11:32 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread