What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Watch - Chris Godwin WR Tampa Bay (2 Viewers)

Dang I thought this guy wasn't going to play so I benched him. Come home from daughter's soccer match and the guy has 2 TD.

Oh well looks like another loss because of soccer. 

Dang I thought this guy wasn't going to play so I benched him. Come home from daughter's soccer match and the guy has 2 TD.

Oh well looks like another loss because of soccer. 
Same. The hip pointer made me cautious after I had to bench McLaurin who they also thought might play, and I had zero players on my bench who I could sub in for a 4pm game if he didn't play.  I hate when I have to watch my best players, who I went out on a limb for in the draft, go off for a ton of points on my bench.

Same. The hip pointer made me cautious after I had to bench McLaurin who they also thought might play, and I had zero players on my bench who I could sub in for a 4pm game if he didn't play.  I hate when I have to watch my best players, who I went out on a limb for in the draft, go off for a ton of points on my bench.
It's even worse when you cut bait on them and they blow up on some other dude's team. 

Possibly costing me a win if dalton doesn’t go ape tomorrow night.   :(
sutton and kupp had great games. im up by 40 with mixon yet and he has no one. Im getting greedy now, wishing i had those points; I am behind 1st in the divison by points only but he might lose. 

I will be chearing for CIN for you

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 4

Excerpt:

2. Through four weeks, Chris Godwin ranks third among all wide receivers in fantasy points scored (88.6), while Mike Evans ranks fourth (78.8).

It’s probably unrealistic to expect both receivers to finish top-five this year, but it’s been done before — six times in the modern era, most recently by Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders in 2014. And, with O.J. Howard serving in a demoted role (3.0 targets per game), it’s certainly possible both players finish as WR1s (a feat accomplished by Pittsburgh and Minnesota last year). Though both Evans and Godwin have been nearly equally phenomenal this year, as I argued this offseason, don’t be surprised if Godwin finishes the year with more fantasy points than Evans.

Chris Godwin (hip) wasn't listed on the Buccaneers' final injury report.

Godwin again has the offense's best matchup from the friendly confines of the slot against P.J. Williams, who was a complete liability in 2018 and has "improved" to work as PFF's No. 61 highest-graded CB among 114 qualified players this season. Continue to treat Godwin as an every-week WR1.

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 4:27 PM ET

Better enjoy this while we can. He looks super talented, though, so it would seem that although he'll regress to some mean, what mean that will be is the nice thought. 

Chris Godwin caught 7-of-9 targets for 125 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Week 5 loss to the Saints.

With Mike Evans locked down by Marshon Lattimore, Godwin went nuts for this third 120-yard effort in four weeks. The Bucs' 1B receiver is now on pace for 106/1,635/19. Neither of those second two totals are particularly realistic, but it's already clear that both coach Bruce Arians and summer fantasy drafters were right about how good Godwin could be in this offense. Godwin and the Bucs' passing attack have a tough Week 6 matchup in the Panthers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the quality dancing pickle content that always brings me back to FBG's forums :wub:
Sometimes the dancing pickle just says it all.

I was really high on him going into the season due to the situation on a heavy passing team that just got rid of DJax and Humphries with an obvious #1 to take away the double teams.  Obviously, this is beyond expectations so far, but keep it going Chris.  Been fun watching him so far.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the Bucs lost two starting offensive linemen yesterday, and their backups got rolled by the Saints.  It won't be easy for the Bucs to sustain offense with Jameis on his rear end. 

Offered Hopkins and two 2020 3rds for Godwin and 2020 1st. 

Got declined. 

Thought that was a decent offer. I suppose I’ll try again after next weeks potential Hou/KC shootout. 

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but the Bucs lost two starting offensive linemen yesterday, and their backups got rolled by the Saints.  It won't be easy for the Bucs to sustain offense with Jameis on his rear end. 
How major are the injuries? Tough to find this type of stuff on the net 

Offered Hopkins and two 2020 3rds for Godwin and 2020 1st. 

Got declined. 

Thought that was a decent offer. I suppose I’ll try again after next weeks potential Hou/KC shootout. 
I own Godwin in dynasty, and I would decline that also.

Godwin and a 2020 first rounder, no way.

Before this year, I was very high on Godwin, and there is no way I trade away a good young WR and a 2020 1st for a WR scoring about 3/4 the points that Godwin is scoring.

Hopefully, this is not coming across rude, I am just speaking my opinion.

I own Godwin in dynasty, and I would decline that also.

Godwin and a 2020 first rounder, no way.

Before this year, I was very high on Godwin, and there is no way I trade away a good young WR and a 2020 1st for a WR scoring about 3/4 the points that Godwin is scoring.

Hopefully, this is not coming across rude, I am just speaking my opinion.
Not at all coming across as rude ... I only posted to get the actual views of competent Godwin owners.

that being said ... are you really scoffing at the idea of getting DeAndre Hopkins in a trade? That seems, umm, a little short sighted. 

Hopkins is a proven stud. Regardless of system, regardless of QB or game script.

Your guy Godwin is on fire right now, sure. But do you really believe that if he was on a team without a Mike Evans? Or any other “WR1” ... that Mr. Godwin would just produce regardless? 

Im not so sure. 

Gah bless you Godwin owners right now - but I’d temper the further expectations. He’s very similar to JuJu IMO ... STUD, but only when the situation is right.

Yes. You are not THEE lone person that was “high on Godwin” before this year. Most of us were. 

The difference is - is he a stud WR that will maintain his his status regardless of situation? You know, like an actual WR1? 

Or is he a very talented WR2 that is performing higher than he should because of his situation? 

I’ll ask you this. Who’s the better WR? Juju or Godwin? 

Im sorry. But I think the Godwin owners are jumping way too far ahead in crowing him.

Not at all coming across as rude ... I only posted to get the actual views of competent Godwin owners.

that being said ... are you really scoffing at the idea of getting DeAndre Hopkins in a trade? That seems, umm, a little short sighted. 

Hopkins is a proven stud. Regardless of system, regardless of QB or game script.

Your guy Godwin is on fire right now, sure. But do you really believe that if he was on a team without a Mike Evans? Or any other “WR1” ... that Mr. Godwin would just produce regardless? 

Im not so sure. 

Gah bless you Godwin owners right now - but I’d temper the further expectations. He’s very similar to JuJu IMO ... STUD, but only when the situation is right.

Yes. You are not THEE lone person that was “high on Godwin” before this year. Most of us were. 

The difference is - is he a stud WR that will maintain his his status regardless of situation? You know, like an actual WR1? 

Or is he a very talented WR2 that is performing higher than he should because of his situation? 

Im sorry. But I think the Godwin owners are jumping way too far ahead in crowing him.
Hey Ray, I see your point about being short sighted, and I agree except that I really believe in Godwin. My main point was giving Godwin and a first round pick.

I watched Godwin play in college at Penn State, and he totally destroyed my beloved Wisconsin Badgers.

I was so impressed how he totally destroyed Wisconsin's highly ranked defense, Godwin was unstoppable.

He really impressed me in college, so I followed him closely the year he was drafted. Bloom among many others, were bragging about his size and athleticism.

I noticed how many fantasy people were saying the same thing about Godwin. He just needed some refinement.

I drafted him in my dynasty league in the second or third round, I was giddy about getting him there.

I will admit Godwin has a great opportunity in Tampa with Mike Evans there, but opportunity is part of the game in fantasy football.

The issue I have with Nuke, is his QB Watson has a rep of not being accurate or consistent as he could be.

Sorry, but I would much rather take a chance on Godwin developing into a WR1, than paying the price you wanted for Nuke. I also would not trade Godwin for Nuke straight up because where is Nuke this year? Nuke is also about four years older than Godwin.  I just have a different opinion than you, but I did extensively research into Godwin, so I am not shooting from the hip.

Right or wrong that is my opinion.

Im not so sure. 

Maybe not but I don’t think it’s all that relevant since Evans is there and he just signed an extension

Maybe not but I don’t think it’s all that relevant since Evans is there and he just signed an extension
Mike Evans under his current contract will not hit free agency until 2024.

I think Godwin owners should be pretty comfortable with him as a dynasty asset moving forward.

Im not so sure. 

Yes.

Mike Evans under his current contract will not hit free agency until 2024.

I think Godwin owners should be pretty comfortable with him as a dynasty asset moving forward.
The problem is Winston.  Is Winston with the team next year?  What does QB reset mean for Godwin?  Does Arians stick around? 

Godwin is a stud, but I am concerned about the situation going forward in Tampa

sutton and kupp had great games. im up by 40 with mixon yet and he has no one. Im getting greedy now, wishing i had those points; I am behind 1st in the divison by points only but he might lose. 

I will be chearing for CIN for you
“Keep us posted. I’m on pins & needles.”  :rolleyes:

incredible that your next two posts were literally this, being critical of others for talking about their teams in topics.

The problem is Winston.  Is Winston with the team next year?  What does QB reset mean for Godwin?  Does Arians stick around? 

Godwin is a stud, but I am concerned about the situation going forward in Tampa
Good Winston is awesome. Bad Winston is horrible. 

I'd have to think something in the middle would produce similar results. I would be more concerned if Arians left. Cream will rise to the top, and I think a rookie or even Teddy Bridgewater, as an example FA, would do just fine. At least I hope

I'd have to think something in the middle would produce similar results. I would be more concerned if Arians left. Cream will rise to the top, and I think a rookie or even Teddy Bridgewater, as an example FA, would do just fine. At least I hope
Agree with this.  The Arians scheme has helped Godwin.  As long as Arians stays, Godwin is in great shape to produce.

Agree with this.  The Arians scheme has helped Godwin.  As long as Arians stays, Godwin is in great shape to produce.
But only because Arians wants to be the coach of a team whose quarterback he covets in some way. No Jameis, no Bruce A. -- most likely.

So it's sort of putting the cart before the horse up there. Jameis is there, therefore Bruce Arians was interested, therefore great for Godwin (especially when awesome Jameis shows up).

Tampa, if they'd paid attention to their kicking game, would be right in the hunt at 3-3. They've clearly got talent, it just might take another year. Another year that might be spent paying Jameis max-type money. 

I don't think its ARians' scheme as much it is Arians' decision to make him a full time player.  Godwin had great numbers last year for someone only playing 64% of the snaps.  He is at 95% of the snaps this year.  I think Godwin is going to continue to be a stud as long as he has competent QB play whether Arians leaves or not.

Hey Ray, I see your point about being short sighted, and I agree except that I really believe in Godwin. My main point was giving Godwin and a first round pick.

I watched Godwin play in college at Penn State, and he totally destroyed my beloved Wisconsin Badgers.

I was so impressed how he totally destroyed Wisconsin's highly ranked defense, Godwin was unstoppable.

He really impressed me in college, so I followed him closely the year he was drafted. Bloom among many others, were bragging about his size and athleticism.

I noticed how many fantasy people were saying the same thing about Godwin. He just needed some refinement.

I drafted him in my dynasty league in the second or third round, I was giddy about getting him there.

I will admit Godwin has a great opportunity in Tampa with Mike Evans there, but opportunity is part of the game in fantasy football.

The issue I have with Nuke, is his QB Watson has a rep of not being accurate or consistent as he could be.

Sorry, but I would much rather take a chance on Godwin developing into a WR1, than paying the price you wanted for Nuke. I also would not trade Godwin for Nuke straight up because where is Nuke this year? Nuke is also about four years older than Godwin.  I just have a different opinion than you, but I did extensively research into Godwin, so I am not shooting from the hip.

Right or wrong that is my opinion.
Penn State definitely destroyed the Badgers' defense that night, but Godwin didn't have much to do with it: just 3 catches and 33 yards.

Anyone selling high?  I was offered Nick Chubb for Godwin/Henry in redraft. 
Huh. Godwin is WR3 as of last week for PPR. I mean, third overall. A twenty bomb couldn't have hurt him at all. 

I don't know what I would tell you, as I covet Chubb. Depends on roster, scoring, etc. Henry's a tough loss. I'd think that's too much, but what do I know? 

Users who are viewing this thread