Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise

30 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So you sympathize with Antifa?

So twice now you are trying to put words in my mouth that I didn’t even come close to saying or even inferring.  Stop.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting an alt-moderate radical militant group.   We fight the extreme left and extreme right by sitting on our butts, drinking beer, watching football and eating pizza.   

All I'm all for criticizing Antifa, but it seems odd to do so shortly after a violent outburst by white nationalists having nothing to do with Antifa.

It doesn't make any difference whether this guy writes straight news or opinion columns, where his work is published, whether he was filming anybody or not, or whether he was wearing a fedora with an

27 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

In this case, the person who was attacked by AntiFa is a gay person of color who is not a fascist.

I’m not terribly familiar with Andy Ngo, but my understanding is he’s definitely anti-anti-fascist.  Isn’t he involved with that conspiracy theory that got several journalists put on a kill list recently?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

This entire things was organized to promote far-right violence.  As if this wasnt a likely potential outcome.

The people engaging in actual violence weren't far-right.  And the victim of that violence isn't a fascist.  

It should be incredibly easy to condemn physical violence directed at members of the media, even if the person in question isn't part of your political tribe.  I honestly don't think I can come up with a lower bar to ask people to clear.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, IvanKaramazov said:

The people engaging in actual violence weren't far-right.  And the victim of that violence isn't a fascist.  

It should be incredibly easy to condemn physical violence directed at members of the media, even if the person in question isn't part of your political tribe.  I honestly don't think I can come up with a lower bar to ask people to clear.

Yeah, but they got what they set out for. We all know what they were doing.

This is theirs.

*the violence is terrible. lets not ignore who pushed this into reality.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
10 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I’m not terribly familiar with Andy Ngo, but my understanding is he’s definitely anti-anti-fascist.  Isn’t he involved with that conspiracy theory that got several journalists put on a kill list recently?

He gets retweeted to me enough that I actually checked out his account and made an informed decision not to follow him.  I can't recall exactly why, but my general recollection was that he came across as too shrill to be interesting.  I could be mis-remembering that.  

But that's all beside the point.  Physically assaulting somebody for standing there filming a demonstration is wrong.  Full stop.

1 minute ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Yeah, but they got what they set out for. We all know what they were doing.

This is theirs.

Its on antifa again settling on violence as a means...its crap and they should be called out for it.

This doesn't excise people trying to incite such violence at all

5 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

https://twitter.com/robbysoave/status/1145393426923474944

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
Just now, IvanKaramazov said:

He gets retweeted to me enough that I actually checked out his account and made an informed decision not to follow him.  I can't recall exactly why, but my general recollection was that he came across as too shrill to be interesting.  I could be mis-remembering that.  

But that's all beside the point.  Physically assaulting somebody for standing there filming a demonstration is wrong.  Full stop.

Apparently he has already had confrontations with the Portland area people.

Many find him to be an activist and promoter more than a journalist.

4 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

You dont get to be part of a group inciting violence and then get upset when it turns violent. :cry::cry:  Incredibly weak,

I am NOT 100% against violence.  Watch yourself and take care what you do around my people and particularly my wife, my sister or my nieces.  Ill try and avoid it, but its not 100%.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
3 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

am NOT 100% against violence.  Watch yourself and take care what you do around my people and particularly my wife, my sister or my nieces.  Ill try and avoid it, but its not 100%

Well lucky for them you’re around 

• Laughing 1

So what if he is?

People have limitations. Rightfully so. Be aware. Don't be stupid.

A press pass (which apparently some had already called into question before this event) doesnt remove your responsibility on how you treat with or talk to others.

3 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

People have limitations. Rightfully so. Be aware. Don't be stupid.

A press pass (which apparently some had already called into question before this event) doesnt remove your responsibility on how you treat with or talk to others.

What are your personal guideposts for when peaceful action can justifiably be met with violence?  

I'm not trying to pick a fight here -- I genuinely don't understand this point of view.  I promise not to respond to whatever explanation you give.

15 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Anti PROUD BOYS should have a positive reception.

***Unless you like violence in your politics.

Organizing an event for a group that has stated violence is an acceptable political agenda is the right thing in your book? I hope no one gets hurt or dies at this thing. 

The talk of intimidation and undermining government agencies is a solid rally cry. 

• Like 1

What are your personal guideposts for when peaceful action can justifiably be met with violence?  

I'm not trying to pick a fight here -- I genuinely don't understand this point of view.  I promise not to respond to whatever explanation you give.

*Have you looked at how many time Ngo has found himself in the same situation? :doh:

You bully another with your demeanor and words and presence... here I come. If you are showing (even if fake, or acting) a predilection towards being violent or treating others with no respect or consideration in a way that is meant to terrorize/frighten than you are best to back down and settle down immediately.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Organizing an event for a group that has stated violence is an acceptable political agenda is the right thing in your book? I hope no one gets hurt or dies at this thing. 

The talk of intimidation and undermining government agencies is a solid rally cry. 

A group that is terrorist in nature deserves whatever you can throw at it. When they are gone, everyone can go back to treating people with respect and consideration as they normally do.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
1 minute ago, BigSteelThrill said:

A group that is terrorist in nature deserves whatever you can throw at it. When they are gone, everyone can go back to treating people with respect and consideration as they normally do.

I love it when two wrongs come together to make a right. 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I love it when two wrongs come together to make a right. 

The second isn't wrong. You are mistaken. 

You don't get to bully and terrorize and then have any expectations of how people treat you. You've lost those base considerations.

Edited by BigSteelThrill
5 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

The second isn't wrong. You are mistaken. 

You don't get to bully and terrorize and then have any expectations of how people treat you. You've lost those base considerations.

So that journalist deserved what happened to him?

9 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Where are you getting these alternative facts that Andy Ngo was bullying or terrorizing anyone?

• Like 1
Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

Where are you getting these alternative facts that Andy Ngo was bullying or terrorizing anyone?

That rally was pro-violent rally. He was in the midst of it -- and has a history of these exact type of conflicts.  Look it up. 

While he may have turned over a new leaf, I'm simply looking at his own history.

55 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Of course.  

• Like 1

About

What is Quillette?

Quillette is a platform for free thought. We respect ideas, even dangerous ones. We also believe that free expression and the free exchange of ideas help human societies flourish and progress. Quilletteaims to provide a platform for this exchange.

I don't think I've ever seen MT post in all caps before.  I'm picturing him jumping up and down and hurling furniture in his home office.  

MT more than anyone gets me to reflect and reconsider my thoughts on subject matter. But Ngos "reporting" history is rampant with ending in violence. And he was amidst people pushing terrorism and violence and is supportive of far-right agendas. I think he even tries to capitalize off of it -- he has/had a patreon page trying to get people to donate to keep him going.  Too much crap for me too ignore.

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

We’re we only talking about the Ngo incident?  

Although he is an Islamaphobe.

So he had it coming?  As a gay man he has a good reason to be Islamophobic.

This incident sickens me and hurts the overall cause.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

His history says he keeps getting this exact outcome. That's not journalism.

Hey I am liberal as you, but why do the counter protests not want any coverage?  Everyone at a protest is fair game to be covered.  And why do they wear hoods and masks?  None of us should approve of this.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Hey I am liberal as you, but why do the counter protests not want any coverage?  Everyone at a protest is fair game to be covered.  And why do they wear hoods and masks?  None of us should approve of this.

You are not liberal at all, I am 90% convinced you are a Republican who constantly pretends to be a liberal playing devils advocate for Republicans. 

Also, Quillette is alt right and neonazi adjacent at best, funny how they just keep leaking journalist names to nazi thug squads, with leaking done by Andy Ngo as well. 

Edited by huthut
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Serious question.  What else has he covered as a journalist?  

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrandyngo?lang=en

Some of his stuff. Looks like a lot of transgender and Antifa reporting.

Also antifa doesnt seem to just target neo-nazis. They target random people and trump voters. 

15 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Serious question.  What else has he covered as a journalist?  

According to his Wikipedia page, he’s written mostly for The Wall Street Journal and Quillette. If you’re interested in which specific articles he’s authored, I haven’t done the relevant googling to provide an answer.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, huthut said:

You are not liberal at all, I am 90% convinced you are a Republican who constantly pretends to be a liberal playing devils advocate for Republicans. 

Also, Quillette is alt right and neonazi adjacent at best, funny how they just keep leaking journalist names to nazi thug squads, with leaking done by Andy Ngo as well. 

I am just more aware brother. Think Bill Maher.   I do lean left of middle, not far left.

Edited by Summer Wheat
12 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

This has become pretty obvious.  Same reason the Klan started with it.  Cowardly and to hide your identity for your crimes.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I dont approve of "Antifa" as a organized group , I actually think much of it is fake... and there has been findings that have shown conservative groups promoting antifa on the hush-hush.