Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise


msommer

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Group 1: “We want to rid America of mud-people and Jews and feminists and liberals and gays. They’re subhuman and destroying White America.”

Group 2: “We want to beat the #### out of Group 1.”

Certain posters:  “Group 2 really chaps my hide.”

Did you get a good look at Group 2, they look somewhat dorky.  A bunch of snot nosed brats that are acting out.  They wouldn't last a minute in the heartland.  I guess that's why they hang out where they feel safe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Did you get a good look at Group 2, they look somewhat dorky.  A bunch of snot nosed brats that are acting out.  They wouldn't last a minute in the heartland.  I guess that's why they hang out where they feel safe. 

You think antifa doesn't exist in our state, Johnny?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mcintyre1 said:

You think antifa doesn't exist in our state, Johnny?

Existing and exercising are two different things.  It seems their safe place is mostly in urban areas on either coast.   At some point people are going to defend themselves with more powerful weapons when attacked with hammers, bats and pepper spray.  I believe the National Guard needs to step in and squash this, both left and right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

 I believe the National Guard needs to step in and squash this, both left and right.

Our police should suffice. It's a matter of a bit of will to deter Antifa from doing that.

Actually, calling in the military should be last resort or in response to the potential for seismic occurrences, not a garden-variety white power march. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I'm sort of stunned by liberals that advocate political lawlessness in response to political assembly, no matter how odious. I guess when the rubber meets the road...

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not mine but am in agreement with it:

Quote

Antifa did have some brawls during their protest and some members, mostly in portland, did some vandalism. Most protesters are not Antifa, it's a small group. As a label it just means antifascist, which I would think is an American value.

On the other hand, the other side is driving trucks into protesters they don't believe in, commiting mass acts of terror and explicitly stating their reasons were white nationalism, hatred of immigrants and the left, and the rhetoric of Donald Trump.

It's hilarious but also sad because they have to demonize Antifa as a terrorists because the FBI has stated this year that white nationalists/fascists were responsible for every act of domestic terrorism this year. Every Single one. So of course the fascists are trying to project that it's actually the other side that are terrorists. This is the only way they can keep peddling their "both sides are The same" bull#### even tho the FBI and all crime stats point to the opposite, that it is one side that is committing all the major violent acts.

#### fascists, #### white nationalists, and #### every Republican that is standing up for them and providing cover for them by trying to create a false "both sides" equivalency that simply doesn't exist. They are criminals and traitors and they are the antithesis of everything America is about.

Truck driving into protestors.

It's remarkable that people are trying to compare Antifa to the domestic terrorists that we have seen time and time again kill people. Both sides though... bull####... wake up.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Did you get a good look at Group 2, they look somewhat dorky.  A bunch of snot nosed brats that are acting out.  They wouldn't last a minute in the heartland.  I guess that's why they hang out where they feel safe. 

Cause that's where all the real men are? Ok.

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

Not mine but am in agreement with it:

Truck driving into protestors.

It's remarkable that people are trying to compare Antifa to the domestic terrorists that we have seen time and time again kill people. Both sides though... bull####... wake up.

Very well put. This is the reality when we live in the bizzaro-world where people elect Trump to be our president. How could it get more pathetic than this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Did you get a good look at Group 2, they look somewhat dorky.  A bunch of snot nosed brats that are acting out.  They wouldn't last a minute in the heartland.  I guess that's why they hang out where they feel safe. 

Good lord, man.  

 “Group 1 stands behind the idea of genocide. They are in favor eradicating minorities of every stripe.  They are literally Nazis.  You know?  Like Hitler.

Your response “But the people that want to fight them are a bunk of cowardly, cityboy punks.”

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Good lord, man.  

 “Group 1 stands behind the idea of genocide. They are in favor eradicating minorities of every stripe.  They are literally Nazis.  You know?  Like Hitler.

Your response “But the people that want to fight them are a bunk of cowardly, cityboy punks.”

Antifa goes after more than nazis, they go after anyone that disagrees with their ideology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Good lord, man.  

 “Group 1 stands behind the idea of genocide. They are in favor eradicating minorities of every stripe.  They are literally Nazis.  You know?  Like Hitler.

Your response “But the people that want to fight them are a bunk of cowardly, cityboy punks.”

They were just.... boys.... trying to fight off an American invasion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Besides Andy Ngo*..who else?

 

*a provocateur and mouthpiece for the Alt-Right/White Supremists disguised as an “independent journalist”.

 

Candice Owens, Ben Shapiro, and other conservative speakers.  What they did at Berkeley was pathetic.  I can’t believe anyone would defend antifa.  Last I checked NGO wasn’t white.  Low blow on NGO.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Candice Owens, Ben Shapiro, and other conservative speakers.  What they did at Berkeley was pathetic.  I can’t believe anyone would defend antifa.  Last I checked NGO wasn’t white.  Low blow on NGO.

Wait. They physically attacked Owens and Shapiro?  When did this happen?

Ngo is not white.  Good eye, there.  Of course that has nothing to do with anything.   He’s a fraud.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Wait. They physically attacked Owens and Shapiro?  When did this happen?

Ngo is not white.  Good eye, there.  Of course that has nothing to do with anything.   He’s a fraud.

 

 

 

You seem to be the fraud.  I don’t support violence from either side, yet you seem to condone antifa.  That makes you no better than antifa and says a lot about your character, or lack thereof.  Also, antifa damaged property and committed violence in protest of conservative speakers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

You seem to be the fraud.  I don’t support violence from either side, yet you seem to condone antifa.  That makes you no better than antifa and says a lot about your character, or lack thereof.  Also, antifa damaged property and committed violence in protest of conservative speakers.

Cool.

I don’t condone the violent actions of ANTIFA.  Never said I did.  

You seem really defensive here. You’re lashing out.  

Maybe you should direct some of this anger towards, I dunno,  Neo Nazis.  I mean someone...not me, of course.. might misunderstand your hatred of ANTIFA as condoning Nazism etc.  Somebody might question your character or lack there of.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Cool.

I don’t condone the violent actions of ANTIFA.  Never said I did.  

You seem really defensive here. You’re lashing out.  

Maybe you should direct some of this anger towards, I dunno,  Neo Nazis.  I mean someone...not me, of course.. might misunderstand your hatred of ANTIFA as condoning Nazism etc.  Somebody might question your character or lack there of.  

I hate neo-nazis and all violence, but we both know antifa is about more than fighting that.  They are about shutting down free speech with violence.   That’s their main ideology, hiding behind the disguise of fighting fascism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I hate neo-nazis and all violence, but we both know antifa is about more than fighting that.  They are about shutting down free speech with violence.   That’s their main ideology, hiding behind the disguise of fighting fascism.

No we’re getting somewhere.  If you had started this off with “ANTIFA sucks because they are anti free speech” I probably wouldn’t have even responded.  Anybody that tries to stifle the 1st Amendment rights of another is wrong.  Period.

But we both know we are beyond that.  We now have two groups that are operating under false pretenses.  Both groups are now out just to bust heads and cause trouble.  

If I could wave a magic wand both Neo-Nazis and Antifa wouldn’t exist...but sadly they do. 

Answer this, please.  Where was Antifa 5 years ago?  Did they exist?  Were the attacking people and property back then?  Where do you think they came from?  Or better yet...why do they even exist?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

No we’re getting somewhere.  If you had started this off with “ANTIFA sucks because they are anti free speech” I probably wouldn’t have even responded.  Anybody that tries to stifle the 1st Amendment rights of another is wrong.  Period.

But we both know we are beyond that.  We now have two groups that are operating under false pretenses.  Both groups are now out just to bust heads and cause trouble.  

If I could wave a magic wand both Neo-Nazis and Antifa wouldn’t exist...but sadly they do. 

Answer this, please.  Where was Antifa 5 years ago?  Did they exist?  Were the attacking people and property back then?  Where do you think they came from?  Or better yet...why do they even exist?

I don’t know a lot about antifa’s ancient history, only what they are now.  I don’t believe they were violent 10 years ago, but I could be wrong.  Or you didn’t hear as much about them. .  It seems to have spiraled out of control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I don’t know a lot about antifa’s ancient history, only what they are now.  I don’t believe they were violent 10 years ago, but I could be wrong.  Or you didn’t hear as much about them. .  It seems to have spiraled out of control.

Obviously the original “anti fascist” groups formed in the 1920s in reaction to Mussolini.

There have been other groups throughout the years that could be considered “anti fascist”  such as the skinheads that fought against the white power elements that polluted the punk scene.  I was actually good friends with the leader of our local chapter of SHARP (skinheads against racial prejudice) back in the 80s.  They basically banded together to stem the spread of white power amongst the punk/ska community.  

They’ve popped up sporadically over the last couple of decades.  And, for the most part, there really isn’t some grand national organization of anti-fascists.  They’re not like the Shriners or Elks. Typically they are local and grassroots. 

Please just keep in mind that, whatever you want to call them, they are a reactionary group.  The rise up and become active when they see Fascism, Nazism, White Power, etc increase in number.

Why didn’t we see large groups of Antifa types running around up until 2015-16 or so?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Obviously the original “anti fascist” groups formed in the 1920s in reaction to Mussolini.

There have been other groups throughout the years that could be considered “anti fascist”  such as the skinheads that fought against the white power elements that polluted the punk scene.  I was actually good friends with the leader of our local chapter of SHARP (skinheads against racial prejudice) back in the 80s.  They basically banded together to stem the spread of white power amongst the punk/ska community.  

They’ve popped up sporadically over the last couple of decades.  And, for the most part, there really isn’t some grand national organization of anti-fascists.  They’re not like the Shriners or Elks. Typically they are local and grassroots. 

Please just keep in mind that, whatever you want to call them, they are a reactionary group.  The rise up and become active when they see Fascism, Nazism, White Power, etc increase in number.

Why didn’t we see large groups of Antifa types running around up until 2015-16 or so?

We could have used you the other day in the Divide thread. We were talking about the history of skinheads in Britain and their love of Jamaican ska. Hardly racist, these lads. It was a style more than anything in the late '60s/early '70s

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, rockaction said:

We could have used you the other day in the Divide thread. We were talking about the history of skinheads in Britain and their love of Jamaican ska. Hardly racist, these lads. It was a style more than anything in the late '60s/early '70s

Meh.  I just know local stuff.  MidCal.

Somewhere (in a town north of LA), sometime (in the late 80s) there was an resurgence of white pride punk/skinheads.  

I was always on the periphery of all of it.  I knew a lot of hardcore punks and listened to certain bands but never embraced it all.  I always fall back on “I live in a 4 bedroom house with a pool...why do I hate Jerry Brown and/or Ronald Reagan again?”

But I was very aware of the whole skinhead vs WP skinhead stuff.  I’ve fogotten now but at one point I absolutely knew what certain colors of shoelaces or braces (suspenders) or buttons on jackets meant.  It was very tribal and somewhat cryptic.

Then there was the time, in the early 90s, when Ska (for the 4th or 9th or 20th time) came back.  All that #### started over again.

I will not name names but there was a  Ska band in CenCal that was pretty popular.  Sadly, they became the target of the racist skinheads because there were black guys in their band (I mean, there are usually like 8 guys in Ska bands...what are the odds one might be black?).   This band was also 100% non political.  

This band once played a killer gig at a bar my GF (now wife) worked at. They just blew the walls down.  Then they went to load up their equipment.  Somebody had slashed every tire on their van and trailer and also scratched WP symbols on their doors and hood.  

They never played here again.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

This band once played a killer gig at a bar my GF (now wife) worked at. They just blew the walls down.  Then they went to load up their equipment.  Somebody had slashed every tire on their van and trailer and also scratched WP symbols on their doors and hood.  

They never played here again.

Bummer. We had similar hardcore happenings on the East Coast. Always ugly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

I hate neo-nazis and all violence, but we both know antifa is about more than fighting that.  They are about shutting down free speech with violence.   That’s their main ideology, hiding behind the disguise of fighting fascism.

I believe that you are being fed a line of plausible bull####, my friend, and are repeating said bull####. 

Violence is wrong, period.  Regardless of ideology. I do not condone violence in any form, along with the vast majority of Americans. But Tanner is right. These groups only become prominent when there is a perceived threat.  Why are they (very suddenly and recently) prominent?

Might there be a perceived threat? And why would there be that perception? 

 

Edited by Herb
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we stop calling everyone showing up in response to the proud boys “antifa?” I don’t think most people know who/what antifa is, they just say “antifacist? Yeah I guess I’m that.” Antifa has been around a long time. Proud boys were created in 2016. Now whenever the Proud boys want to march, and there’s a response, it’s labeled “antifa” and that groups misdeeds  is lumped into an entire group of people who simply don’t want the racist rhetoric in their city and show up to demonstrate. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Can we stop calling everyone showing up in response to the proud boys “antifa?” I don’t think most people know who/what antifa is, they just say “antifacist? Yeah I guess I’m that.” Antifa has been around a long time. Proud boys were created in 2016. Now whenever the Proud boys want to march, and there’s a response, it’s labeled “antifa” and that groups misdeeds  is lumped into an entire group of people who simply don’t want the racist rhetoric in their city and show up to demonstrate. 

 

Don't forget the third group who showed up at the Willamette Bridge- the Woodstock era hippies donned in colorful tie-dye holding anti-gun and anti-trump signs. 

So you have:

1. Proud Boys (extreme right)

2. Antifa (extreme left threatened by Trump to be labeled domestic terrorists)

3. Colorful people (make love not war, lefties but not radical)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Don't forget the third group who showed up at the Willamette Bridge- the Woodstock era hippies donned in colorful tie-dye holding anti-gun and anti-trump signs. 

So you have:

1. Proud Boys (extreme right)

2. Antifa (extreme left threatened by Trump to be labeled domestic terrorists)

3. Colorful people (make love not war, lefties but not radical)

You forgot the non-radical / non-violent types on the right that love their country, love their guns, and want secure borders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Did you get a good look at Group 2, they look somewhat dorky.  A bunch of snot nosed brats that are acting out.  They wouldn't last a minute in the heartland.  I guess that's why they hang out where they feel safe. 

Did you look at the group with the white hoods, carrying crosses and shields? THat's the group that thinks they also need their guns to over throw the government. Half of them look like they only get off the couch for the rallies and the other half look like they belong on Duck dynasty or in a mental hospital. yet think they are a superior race? Half these clowns couldn't hump 5miles with 80lbs of gear without having diabetic or heart issues. Many of those cowards would last a day up north in Philly/Boston/CHicago or in LA. They get their asses kicked in seconds. We found out about a Klan rally/meeting in my hometown about a year ago so 2-4 hrs prior we got group of people together and stood our ground right outside the building they would meet at, no bats, knives, weapons or anything just ourselves and some drinks with our bodies. These clowns tried to get in their meeting the minute they saw us standing there and the guy put our group together says "You aren't welcomed here or anywhere in this country you are a bunch of cowards." The one dude with he Klan tried to pick a fight with us but the minute he realized the rest of his group ####ied out they all high tailed it out of there. They are a bunch of cowards that love to get into groups and attack others but if there's a group of the others around they all put their tails between their legs and run off. A coward and racist all they do is mock people and try to bully them similar tactics the guy pretending to be president right now does. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Encumbrance said:

And I'm sort of stunned by liberals that advocate political lawlessness in response to political assembly, no matter how odious. I guess when the rubber meets the road...

Because last I checked ANTIFA hasn't killed anyone meanwhile we got yrs of numerous white supremacy and facist who have. One group like it was quoted above by Olsen  

Quote

Group 1: “We want to rid America of mud-people and Jews and feminists and liberals and gays. They’re subhuman and destroying White America.”

Group 2: “We want to beat the #### out of Group 1.”

Certain posters:  “Group 2 really chaps my hide.”

Group 1 hates group 2 only because group 1 is getting called out for what they truly are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Because last I checked ANTIFA hasn't killed anyone meanwhile we got yrs of numerous white supremacy and facist who have. One group like it was quoted above by Olsen  

Group 1 hates group 2 only because group 1 is getting called out for what they truly are. 

I think it's a little more complicated than all of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Can we stop calling everyone showing up in response to the proud boys “antifa?” I don’t think most people know who/what antifa is, they just say “antifacist? Yeah I guess I’m that.” Antifa has been around a long time. Proud boys were created in 2016. Now whenever the Proud boys want to march, and there’s a response, it’s labeled “antifa” and that groups misdeeds  is lumped into an entire group of people who simply don’t want the racist rhetoric in their city and show up to demonstrate. 

 

I'm happy to say my City of Philly gave the Proud Boys their deserved Brotherly Love Welcome a few months ago. What a bunch of ####### those guys are. Not smart real smart either. The Proud Boys are even on the FBI watch list. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didnt write this, but very well put:

Antifa represents that tiny fraction of people willing to stand up physically in the moment to white nationalists or any other sad brand of actual terrorists trying so hard to bring back chattel slavery or at least keep everyone who is not them underneath them economically, socially and legally. The people opposing Twitler and his cult are by and large decent, compassionate, enlightened people who know that war IS Hell and the earth's atmosphere IS heating up and millions of people are almost certainly going to suffer and die soon than later because of the stupidity coming from Twitler and his cult... but since they ARE by and large decent and compassionate and enlightened, they are far less likely to engage in the base machismo and corny race war BS being tossed in their face by Twitler and his cult... Trump has at least 35% of this country ready and willing to be terrorists for him while those who oppose him have less than 1% (Antifa) willing to simply stand chest to chest with these idiots when they goose-step through your town or mine. The POTUS and the government agencies he supposedly leads KNOW that Antifa is NOT a terrorist organization and that, simultaneously, the many groups that Antifa is opposing ARE. But they LIKE the terror being employed by the "right". It is part of their campaign to Make America Great Again.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Encumbrance said:

I think it's a little more complicated than all of that.

Sure it's a bit more but the gist of it is Group one hates being called out for the pieces of human garbage that they are. Group 1 wants to use whataboutisms when it comes to group 2 on how they handle things and label them as a terror group. Really? I don't agree some of ANIFA's ways but last I checked they haven't murdered anyone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I didnt write this, but very well put:

Antifa represents that tiny fraction of people willing to stand up physically in the moment to white nationalists or any other sad brand of actual terrorists trying so hard to bring back chattel slavery or at least keep everyone who is not them underneath them economically, socially and legally. The people opposing Twitler and his cult are by and large decent, compassionate, enlightened people who know that war IS Hell and the earth's atmosphere IS heating up and millions of people are almost certainly going to suffer and die soon than later because of the stupidity coming from Twitler and his cult... but since they ARE by and large decent and compassionate and enlightened, they are far less likely to engage in the base machismo and corny race war BS being tossed in their face by Twitler and his cult... Trump has at least 35% of this country ready and willing to be terrorists for him while those who oppose him have less than 1% (Antifa) willing to simply stand chest to chest with these idiots when they goose-step through your town or mine. The POTUS and the government agencies he supposedly leads KNOW that Antifa is NOT a terrorist organization and that, simultaneously, the many groups that Antifa is opposing ARE. But they LIKE the terror being employed by the "right". It is part of their campaign to Make America Great Again.

Again, Antifa is more than just going after skinheads, nazis, etc.  Their main ideology is to shut down free speech from conservatives, hiding behind the disguise of anti-fascism.  We cannot allow that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I didnt write this, but very well put:

Antifa represents that tiny fraction of people willing to stand up physically in the moment to white nationalists or any other sad brand of actual terrorists trying so hard to bring back chattel slavery or at least keep everyone who is not them underneath them economically, socially and legally. The people opposing Twitler and his cult are by and large decent, compassionate, enlightened people who know that war IS Hell and the earth's atmosphere IS heating up and millions of people are almost certainly going to suffer and die soon than later because of the stupidity coming from Twitler and his cult... but since they ARE by and large decent and compassionate and enlightened, they are far less likely to engage in the base machismo and corny race war BS being tossed in their face by Twitler and his cult... Trump has at least 35% of this country ready and willing to be terrorists for him while those who oppose him have less than 1% (Antifa) willing to simply stand chest to chest with these idiots when they goose-step through your town or mine. The POTUS and the government agencies he supposedly leads KNOW that Antifa is NOT a terrorist organization and that, simultaneously, the many groups that Antifa is opposing ARE. But they LIKE the terror being employed by the "right". It is part of their campaign to Make America Great Again.

Hey look another ploy used by Hitler at the time that Donny Boy wants to try. Those saying it's laughable to compare Orangle man to Hitler are either too ignorant, don't want to understand or really don't realize Hitler's ideas and meat of what he was preaching. If they saw that they'd see Trump today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Again, Antifa is more than just going after skinheads, nazis, etc.  Their main ideology is to shut down free speech from conservatives, hiding behind the disguise of anti-fascism.  We cannot allow that.

FoxNewss and Tucker Carlson has you by the balls don't they?

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Again, Antifa is more than just going after skinheads, nazis, etc.  Their main ideology is to shut down free speech from conservatives, hiding behind the disguise of anti-fascism. 

***We cannot allow that.****

Nobody should allow the 1st Amendment to be violated but at the same time you don’t save the 1st Amendment by violating the 1st Amendment.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...