What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise (1 Viewer)

And if they did that would be about 10 votes. 
exactly...it's absolutely absurd.  The way people are trying so hard to distract from the actual important conversation and issues.  It shouldn't be partisan but under Trump it's always going to be. 

exactly...it's absolutely absurd.  The way people are trying so hard to distract from the actual important conversation and issues.  It shouldn't be partisan but under Trump it's always going to be. 
So if you want to boil it down, do you think Antifa idology brings anything positive to this country?

And this is the appropriate way to effect change in our country? 
I think they were a response to the rise under Trump of white nationalists and the violence and provocation they bring to our streets.  

I don't think it's the right way personally but it was a response to something and i understand that response

I think they were a response to the rise under Trump of white nationalists and the violence and provocation they bring to our streets.  

I don't think it's the right way personally but it was a response to something and i understand that response
We have to disagree there. I dont see any room for violent extremists on either side. Antifa is just as dangerous as the white supremacist groups. 

If Joe Biden gets elected and another black man is unjustly killed by police, would you still understand Antifa escalating the protests into riots?

More African Americans have been killed as a result of these riots. That’s not important?

We have to disagree there. I dont see any room for violent extremists on either side. Antifa is just as dangerous as the white supremacist groups. 

If Joe Biden gets elected and another black man is unjustly killed by police, would you still understand Antifa escalating the protests into riots?
violence begets violence.  antifa showed up when the white supremacists did.  I'm not a fan or supporter of violence either on either side

it often takes civil upheaval to make change especially in this country.  The white supremacists understand this that's why so many of those groups are encouraging steps into a race war.  

Has Antifa killed anyone yet?  If they have I don’t remember it. 

Has Antifa killed anyone yet?  If they have I don’t remember it. 
and as far as i know, antifa ins't planning on starting a race war...but this is where we are at.  People trying to equate protests against police violence with white supremacy

So if you want to boil it down, do you think Antifa idology brings anything positive to this country?
No...not really...but that does not make that article any good...look at the source man.  Its a garbage source by nearly any measure.  Its an extreme right conspiracy sight.  The point of even posting the article should be questioned.  As anyone should question someone posting something from a place like Wonkette or Left Action Network

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left-action/

We round up all the right wing white supremacists and we round up all the Antifa teenagers. What do these #s look like? How much more firepower does one group have over the other?

This coming from a poster that is still posting the lie that tear gas was used.to get Trump to the church across from the White House.  
First off...make the post about what I stated...not trying a call back to play gotcha.

Second...you are incorrect.  Where have I stated as such?  Back up this false claim meant to go after me...never mind, we know you can't.  I have continued to say they physically removed church personnel from the patio for the photo op...that is still true.  I have continued after reading mroe, to say they used some form or pepper spray or what have you to do so.  That it wasn't tear gas isn't really relevant to my argument the entire time.  Please stay on actual topic and try characterizing what I said accurately.

Third...none of this is a defense for the use of such an awful source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, because the documented fact that the police used "OC pepper gas" chemical grenades rather than "tear gas" chemical grenades means what happened that evening is totally cool and legit. 
you can't make any mistakes in any of your posts because it will be used as a gotcha moment for the next 10 pages from those who are trying to change the subject

Ah yes, because the documented fact that the police used "OC pepper gas" chemical grenades rather than "tear gas" chemical grenades means what happened that evening is totally cool and legit. 
Also...I haven't still be saying anything about tear gas...so it was a bogus argument from the start.

I wasn't sure that Antifa was a real thing until my great aunt emailed me a picture of their Mosque-looking headquarters in downtown Benghazi.

(apologies if that joke has been used in this thread already)

First off...make the post about what I stated...not trying a call back to play gotcha.

Second...you are incorrect.  Where have I stated as such?  Back up this false claim meant to go after me...never mind, we know you can't.  I have continued to say they physically removed church personnel from the patio for the photo op...that is still true.  I have continued after reading mroe, to say they used some form or pepper spray or what have you to do so.  That it wasn't tear gas isn't really relevant to my argument the entire time.  Please stay on actual topic and try characterizing what I said accurately.

Third...none of this is a defense for the use of such an awful source.
First of all, it was an opinion article. You are not the arbiter of what people can and cannot post. You are trying to use some perceived bully pulpit to silence others.  Please stop.  

Secondly,, I am not going to dig through your 500+ posts each day to grab this specific falsehood.  

Be better

Have a good day. 

First of all, it was an opinion article. You are not the arbiter of what people can and cannot post. You are trying to use some perceived bully pulpit to silence others.  Please stop.  

Secondly,, I am not going to dig through your 500+ posts each day to grab this specific falsehood.  

Be better

Have a good day. 
It was an opinion article on an extreme right wing conspiracy sight that fails fact checks often.  (odd how so many sources I see posted by Trump supporters fall into such categories).  I did not tell you what you can and can't post actually. But I will point out how terrible the source is.  And again...be consistent here as a poster who has in the past made such claims about the NYT and WashPo who are far better than the sights I see being posted and those I question).  I am not trying to silence you or use any bully pulpit whatsoever.  I am not the person who hosts a thread where anything negative about POTUS is called trolling...where people are told to get out and called things like trolls and other things...you want to talk about a bubble and bully pulpit...it exists right there in that thread...which I have not posted in for quite some time now).

You don't have to dig...but you are making claims about me...to try and go after me...at least get the facts right if you are going to do so.  

And stop the be better stuff...especially if you are unwilling to do so yourself.

Also...I haven't still be saying anything about tear gas...so it was a bogus argument from the start.

Thanks for the snark...I was responding to what Trump is actually saying here.  Seems the ones who work on things to fit their narrative again had the rug pulled out from under them. It happens quite often...spend a day or so defending something Trump did or said...have it come out the next day where he denies it at all or changes the reasoning.

Then play victory when people were pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed...all the while still ignoring the people that were affected by the tactics and people who were forcibly removed from Church property so he could take a picture.
:shrug:

Thanks for the snark...I was responding to what Trump is actually saying here.  Seems the ones who work on things to fit their narrative again had the rug pulled out from under them. It happens quite often...spend a day or so defending something Trump did or said...have it come out the next day where he denies it at all or changes the reasoning.

Then play victory when people were pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed...all the while still ignoring the people that were affected by the tactics and people who were forcibly removed from Church property so he could take a picture.
:shrug:
Helped you out a bit with the bold highlighting. Reading comprehension can be hard, I know.

Did you actually read the post...I said people played victory over people being pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed.  That is not saying that people were tear gassed man.  I was opining on people taking a victory lap that tear gas apparently wasn't used...it was only pepper balls or pepper spray.  You just proved my point.

Did you actually read the post...I said people played victory over people being pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed.  That is not saying that people were tear gassed man.  I was opining on people taking a victory lap that tear gas apparently wasn't used...it was only pepper balls or pepper spray.  You just proved my point.
That you continue to talk about tear gas?  Stop it. 

Stop with the tear gas .

As some here say , FULL STOP!!!

This simply isn’t true.  You WERE on here yesterday pushing the tear gas falsehood.  

And pushed back a peaceful protest, medical and church personnel apparently as well...all with tear gas and flash bangs.  So he could take photos like that.

This simply isn’t true.  You WERE on here yesterday pushing the tear gas falsehood.  

At 8:50 AM...you claimed I was the guy still saying it now.  Your proof that I am still talking about it is a post from yesterday morning.

Seriously that is about as dishonest of a take as can be.  End it man.

I wasn't sure that Antifa was a real thing until my great aunt emailed me a picture of their Mosque-looking headquarters in downtown Benghazi.

(apologies if that joke has been used in this thread already)
regardless of how small or large their role may be in the current situation, do you not believe that Antifa is real?

killface said:
and as far as i know, antifa ins't planning on starting a race war...but this is where we are at.  People trying to equate protests against police violence with white supremacy
And many of the "attifa" people seem to be fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread