Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise

3 minutes ago, the moops said:

Good god. :lmao:

Antifa, the paramilitary arm of the Democratic Party,

Excited to read all his other ramblings. https://www.americanthinker.com/author/william_l_gensert/

It's absolutely terrible.  I would place a huge wager on the fact that maybe 10% of antifa members (if you can even call them that) would vote for Joe Biden.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting an alt-moderate radical militant group.   We fight the extreme left and extreme right by sitting on our butts, drinking beer, watching football and eating pizza.   

All I'm all for criticizing Antifa, but it seems odd to do so shortly after a violent outburst by white nationalists having nothing to do with Antifa.

It doesn't make any difference whether this guy writes straight news or opinion columns, where his work is published, whether he was filming anybody or not, or whether he was wearing a fedora with an

5 minutes ago, killface said:

It's absolutely terrible.  I would place a huge wager on the fact that maybe 10% of antifa members (if you can even call them that) would vote for Joe Biden.  

And if they did that would be about 10 votes. 

• Like 2
Just now, timschochet said:

And if they did that would be about 10 votes. 

exactly...it's absolutely absurd.  The way people are trying so hard to distract from the actual important conversation and issues.  It shouldn't be partisan but under Trump it's always going to be. 

2 minutes ago, killface said:

exactly...it's absolutely absurd.  The way people are trying so hard to distract from the actual important conversation and issues.  It shouldn't be partisan but under Trump it's always going to be. 

So if you want to boil it down, do you think Antifa idology brings anything positive to this country?

Just now, Max Power said:

So if you want to boil it down, do you think Antifa idology brings anything positive to this country?

I think the minute trump goes away this loose collection of college kids will as well

• Thanks 1
Just now, killface said:

I think the minute trump goes away this loose collection of college kids will as well

And this is the appropriate way to effect change in our country? 

Just now, Max Power said:

And this is the appropriate way to effect change in our country? 

I think they were a response to the rise under Trump of white nationalists and the violence and provocation they bring to our streets.  

I don't think it's the right way personally but it was a response to something and i understand that response

Just now, killface said:

I think they were a response to the rise under Trump of white nationalists and the violence and provocation they bring to our streets.  

I don't think it's the right way personally but it was a response to something and i understand that response

We have to disagree there. I dont see any room for violent extremists on either side. Antifa is just as dangerous as the white supremacist groups. 

If Joe Biden gets elected and another black man is unjustly killed by police, would you still understand Antifa escalating the protests into riots?

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, killface said:

More African Americans have been killed as a result of these riots. That’s not important?

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

We have to disagree there. I dont see any room for violent extremists on either side. Antifa is just as dangerous as the white supremacist groups. 

If Joe Biden gets elected and another black man is unjustly killed by police, would you still understand Antifa escalating the protests into riots?

violence begets violence.  antifa showed up when the white supremacists did.  I'm not a fan or supporter of violence either on either side

it often takes civil upheaval to make change especially in this country.  The white supremacists understand this that's why so many of those groups are encouraging steps into a race war.  

2 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

More African Americans have been killed as a result of these riots. That’s not important?

It's not in the larger conversation.  It's sad but all you are trying to do is deflect from the actual conversation on race.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, lakerstan said:

...and now we know where the tweet REALLY came from:

“But Twitter says that the account, suspended May 31, was actually connected to a white nationalist group, Identity Evropa (also known as the American Identity Movement).”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/viral-tweet-alert-wasnt-from-antifa/
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

Interesting article.

41 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Has Antifa killed anyone yet?  If they have I don’t remember it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Dickies said:

Has Antifa killed anyone yet?  If they have I don’t remember it. 

and as far as i know, antifa ins't planning on starting a race war...but this is where we are at.  People trying to equate protests against police violence with white supremacy

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

No...not really...but that does not make that article any good...look at the source man.  Its a garbage source by nearly any measure.  Its an extreme right conspiracy sight.  The point of even posting the article should be questioned.  As anyone should question someone posting something from a place like Wonkette or Left Action Network

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left-action/

3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

This coming from a poster that is still posting the lie that tear gas was used.to get Trump to the church across from the White House.  

First off...make the post about what I stated...not trying a call back to play gotcha.

Second...you are incorrect.  Where have I stated as such?  Back up this false claim meant to go after me...never mind, we know you can't.  I have continued to say they physically removed church personnel from the patio for the photo op...that is still true.  I have continued after reading mroe, to say they used some form or pepper spray or what have you to do so.  That it wasn't tear gas isn't really relevant to my argument the entire time.  Please stay on actual topic and try characterizing what I said accurately.

Third...none of this is a defense for the use of such an awful source.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

This coming from a poster that is still posting the lie that tear gas was used.to get Trump to the church across from the White House.  

Ah yes, because the documented fact that the police used "OC pepper gas" chemical grenades rather than "tear gas" chemical grenades means what happened that evening is totally cool and legit. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They've tried.

You said they’re “just as dangerous” as groups that have terrorized blacks and this country for centuries. Sure doesn’t sound like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, mcintyre1 said:

Ah yes, because the documented fact that the police used "OC pepper gas" chemical grenades rather than "tear gas" chemical grenades means what happened that evening is totally cool and legit. 

you can't make any mistakes in any of your posts because it will be used as a gotcha moment for the next 10 pages from those who are trying to change the subject

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Also...I haven't still be saying anything about tear gas...so it was a bogus argument from the start.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

First off...make the post about what I stated...not trying a call back to play gotcha.

Second...you are incorrect.  Where have I stated as such?  Back up this false claim meant to go after me...never mind, we know you can't.  I have continued to say they physically removed church personnel from the patio for the photo op...that is still true.  I have continued after reading mroe, to say they used some form or pepper spray or what have you to do so.  That it wasn't tear gas isn't really relevant to my argument the entire time.  Please stay on actual topic and try characterizing what I said accurately.

Third...none of this is a defense for the use of such an awful source.

First of all, it was an opinion article. You are not the arbiter of what people can and cannot post. You are trying to use some perceived bully pulpit to silence others.  Please stop.  

Secondly,, I am not going to dig through your 500+ posts each day to grab this specific falsehood.  

Be better

Have a good day. 

Just now, knowledge dropper said:

First of all, it was an opinion article. You are not the arbiter of what people can and cannot post. You are trying to use some perceived bully pulpit to silence others.  Please stop.  

Secondly,, I am not going to dig through your 500+ posts each day to grab this specific falsehood.  

Be better

Have a good day. 

It was an opinion article on an extreme right wing conspiracy sight that fails fact checks often.  (odd how so many sources I see posted by Trump supporters fall into such categories).  I did not tell you what you can and can't post actually. But I will point out how terrible the source is.  And again...be consistent here as a poster who has in the past made such claims about the NYT and WashPo who are far better than the sights I see being posted and those I question).  I am not trying to silence you or use any bully pulpit whatsoever.  I am not the person who hosts a thread where anything negative about POTUS is called trolling...where people are told to get out and called things like trolls and other things...you want to talk about a bubble and bully pulpit...it exists right there in that thread...which I have not posted in for quite some time now).

You don't have to dig...but you are making claims about me...to try and go after me...at least get the facts right if you are going to do so.  

And stop the be better stuff...especially if you are unwilling to do so yourself.

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Also...I haven't still be saying anything about tear gas...so it was a bogus argument from the start.

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Thanks for the snark...I was responding to what Trump is actually saying here.  Seems the ones who work on things to fit their narrative again had the rug pulled out from under them. It happens quite often...spend a day or so defending something Trump did or said...have it come out the next day where he denies it at all or changes the reasoning.

Then play victory when people were pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed...all the while still ignoring the people that were affected by the tactics and people who were forcibly removed from Church property so he could take a picture.

:shrug:

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Thanks for the snark...I was responding to what Trump is actually saying here.  Seems the ones who work on things to fit their narrative again had the rug pulled out from under them. It happens quite often...spend a day or so defending something Trump did or said...have it come out the next day where he denies it at all or changes the reasoning.

Then play victory when people were pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed...all the while still ignoring the people that were affected by the tactics and people who were forcibly removed from Church property so he could take a picture.

Helped you out a bit with the bold highlighting. Reading comprehension can be hard, I know.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Did you actually read the post...I said people played victory over people being pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed.  That is not saying that people were tear gassed man.  I was opining on people taking a victory lap that tear gas apparently wasn't used...it was only pepper balls or pepper spray.  You just proved my point.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Did you actually read the post...I said people played victory over people being pepper sprayed rather than tear gassed.  That is not saying that people were tear gassed man.  I was opining on people taking a victory lap that tear gas apparently wasn't used...it was only pepper balls or pepper spray.  You just proved my point.

That you continue to talk about tear gas?  Stop it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Stop with the tear gas .

As some here say , FULL STOP!!!

• Laughing 1
10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

This simply isn’t true.  You WERE on here yesterday pushing the tear gas falsehood.  

On 6/2/2020 at 9:50 AM, sho nuff said:

And pushed back a peaceful protest, medical and church personnel apparently as well...all with tear gas and flash bangs.  So he could take photos like that.

9 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

That you continue to talk about tear gas?  Stop it. 

4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Stop with the tear gas .

As some here say , FULL STOP!!!

What are you two even talking about?  Go read Joe's plea and then realize its ridiculous stuff like these posts that he is talking about.

I am not the one who brought it up...and the quote posted proved I was correct and KD made false accusations.

This simply isn’t true.  You WERE on here yesterday pushing the tear gas falsehood.  

At 8:50 AM...you claimed I was the guy still saying it now.  Your proof that I am still talking about it is a post from yesterday morning.

Seriously that is about as dishonest of a take as can be.  End it man.

Edited by sho nuff
27 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I wasn't sure that Antifa was a real thing until my great aunt emailed me a picture of their Mosque-looking headquarters in downtown Benghazi.

(apologies if that joke has been used in this thread already)

regardless of how small or large their role may be in the current situation, do you not believe that Antifa is real?

7 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

regardless of how small or large their role may be in the current situation, do you not believe that Antifa is real?

I don't think it's anything seriously organized. And its size and effect is greatly overexaggerated.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, roadkill1292 said:

I don't think it's anything seriously organized. And its size and effect is greatly overexaggerated.

Including a designation by the federal government.

4 hours ago, killface said:

and as far as i know, antifa ins't planning on starting a race war...but this is where we are at.  People trying to equate protests against police violence with white supremacy

And many of the "attifa" people seem to be fakes.

Edited by Leroy Hoard
  • Like 2

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1268527969586360320

BREAKING:

@Project_Veritas

INFILTRATED ANTIFA “Practice things like an eye gouge. It takes very little pressure to injure someone’s eyes.” “It’s not boxing, it’s not kickboxing, it’s like destroying your enemy.” #EXPOSEANTIFA

get updates here

http://exposeantifa.com/

Edited by giantcookie
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2