Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting an alt-moderate radical militant group.   We fight the extreme left and extreme right by sitting on our butts, drinking beer, watching football and eating pizza.   

All I'm all for criticizing Antifa, but it seems odd to do so shortly after a violent outburst by white nationalists having nothing to do with Antifa.

It doesn't make any difference whether this guy writes straight news or opinion columns, where his work is published, whether he was filming anybody or not, or whether he was wearing a fedora with an

18 hours ago, Fan of Charles McCoy said:

Fine. If you want to get technical, it was smoke canisters with choking agent additives.

<--former Marine MP, trained and certified in NBC (Nuclear, Bilogical, Chemical Defense)

:yes:

As if somehow that is better when used to disperse a crowd of peaceful protesters.

24 minutes ago, killface said:

well that's a massive stretch.  You sure it's not islamic terrorism?

Positive, those white vans have been showing up at every major protest on the west coast for years.  Everyone knows who they are.  Liberal cities just put up with it, now maybe that it's escalated to murder they might do something about it.

7 minutes ago, the moops said:

You could at least find a link that actually used the word "antifa". 

MSM hates that word.  There is also the fact that it's an ongoing murder investigation right now.

1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Positive, those white vans have been showing up at every major protest on the west coast for years.  Everyone knows who they are.  Liberal cities just put up with it, now maybe that it's escalated to murder they might do something about it.

MSM hates that word.  There is also the fact that it's an ongoing murder investigation right now.

so you are attributing this to antifa...good to know

18 hours ago, Fan of Charles McCoy said:

Fine. If you want to get technical, it was smoke canisters with choking agent additives.

<--former Marine MP, trained and certified in NBC (Nuclear, Bilogical, Chemical Defense)

Care to explain how both protesters and police walk right through the smoke without masks and aren't phased at all?  24 to 28 seconds in.

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You didn't understand that from my very first post?

Everyone understood that.  The part people take exception to is this:

td:  Antifa did it!
Others:  Do you have any proof?
td:  I know Antifa did it!
Others:  Gotcha, so it's your opinion.  Cool.

...20 minutes later...

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

...20 minutes later...

Thanks for explaining what I thought was obvious

10 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

...20 minutes later...

Well he did provide a link. Unfortunately it didn't mention Antifa at all. Because apparently you can't so that word if there is an ongoing murder investigation

1 minute ago, the moops said:

Well he did provide a link. Unfortunately it didn't mention Antifa at all. Because apparently you can't so that word if there is an ongoing murder investigation

The link said nothing about anything.  It could be any random murder...it's a huge extrapolation.  

23 hours ago, sho nuff said:

First off...make the post about what I stated...not trying a call back to play gotcha.

Second...you are incorrect.  Where have I stated as such?  Back up this false claim meant to go after me...never mind, we know you can't.  I have continued to say they physically removed church personnel from the patio for the photo op...that is still true.  I have continued after reading mroe, to say they used some form or pepper spray or what have you to do so.  That it wasn't tear gas isn't really relevant to my argument the entire time.  Please stay on actual topic and try characterizing what I said accurately.

Third...none of this is a defense for the use of such an awful source.

He did post about what you posted but nice deflection.  And he was correct and you're incorrect.   You aren't the source police try making your point without attacking a source

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

He did post about what you posted but nice deflection.  And he was correct and you're incorrect.   You aren't the source police try making your point without attacking a source

He used a bogus source that gave him false information.  He needs to adjust his matrix to reflect reality.  

• Like 2

Sunday was just another protest by Antifa for the political northwest.

Protesters dressed all in black - so-called antifa or anti-fascist groups - are often fixtures at rallies in the Northwest.

And before you start attacking the source.

Tacoma WA, daily newspaper.  You guys should try some real local news instead of the MSM reality tV that you always watch.  Get out of your house, see what is really going on.

• Thanks 1
Just now, tonydead said:

Tacoma WA, daily newspaper.  You guys should try some real local news instead of the MSM reality tV that you always watch.  Get out of your house, see what is really going on.

Sadly, this forum probably has more Antifa supporters than Trump supporters.    

• Like 1
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Seriously that's just a ridiculous comment with no other purpose than to be inflammatory.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, killface said:
3 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Seriously that's just a ridiculous comment with no other purpose than to be inflammatory.  

And this is why it's so hard not to push back against this crap.

• Like 2
Just now, knowledge dropper said:

Not inflammatory at all.  Lots of diversion and folks running cover for the awful acts of Antifa.  Most of the same posters vilify Trump daily.  

Sure it isn't..take a break why don't you.

14 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Nowhere in that article does it state that Antifa was present at this protest or that Antifa performed any violent acts.  It states that Antifa is often present at rallies in the Northwest.  People have asked, repeatedly, for evidence that Antifa has committed violent acts.  Not "someone dressed in black like Antifa does".  Not "violent protestors".  Actual links back to Antifa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Do you support Trump designating Antifa a terrorist organization?

No...but not because I support antifa.  Nor is it because I dint like Trump.  Nor is it relevant to the baseless and insulting claim you made.

11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Do you support Trump designating Antifa a terrorist organization?

IMO, nothing to do with Antifa specifically.  I don't support Trump, or any president, unilaterally making decisions as to who is or is not a terrorist organization.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

Not inflammatory at all.  Lots of diversion and folks running cover for the awful acts of Antifa.  Most of the same posters vilify Trump daily.  

Literally nobody is doing this.  Like another poster earlier that made that false claim...there is one side here that is trying to claim its only one group.  The rest have said over and over that there is a mix of both right and left that is causing the chaos and violence.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

It's an opinion based on what he reads.  Obviously no one has the actual numbers because a survey hasn't been taken.  But his opinion is not baseless

Come on man, be better than this.  It's intentionally inflammatory.  The only purpose was to get a rise.  

1 minute ago, killface said:

Come on man, be better than this.  It's intentionally inflammatory.  The only purpose was to get a rise.  

Kd doesn't strike me as that kind of poster.  Not saying his assertion is correct because we don't know and can't prove it but he's entitled to his opinion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, killface said:

The post you are responding to is also just trying to get a rise.

• Like 1
Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Kd doesn't strike me as that kind of poster.  Not saying his assertion is correct because we don't know and can't prove it but he's entitled to his opinion

Read his post...he smears a bunch of people with a huge leap in logic with the only intent of inflaming the conversation.

I thought we were trying to be better on here.  That comment is the lowest form of debate

30 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

I think the fact that they couldn't refute the post and instead started attacking you says it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I think the fact that they couldn't refute the post and instead started attacking you says it all.

I know.  You can’t have an opinion or an observation.  It wasn’t an insult at all.  It feels like their hate of Trump is far greater than their hate of Antifa.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I know.  You can’t have an opinion or an observation.  It wasn’t an insult at all.  It feels like their hate of Trump is far greater than their hate of Antifa.  

Refuted...it was a bogus post and I said as much without ever attacking you.

It was a baseless point...consider it refuted by the fact that there is literally nothing out there to back up the actual claim.

Quoting your tear gas source again?

Actually posting an article from a reputable source that was about the topic in here.  And of all people, you questioning a source holds zero merit..

It had nothing yo do with tear gas (you seem to have an obsession with that topic).

36 minutes ago, killface said:

It was an observation.  Wasn't inflammatory.  Just because you got a rise out of it doesn't mean he intended it that way.  It was an observation that may or may not be correct

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

He stated an opinion 

And it was one without merit that was pretty insulting to people here.

It being an opinion doesn’t make it any less objectionable.

• Like 1

I'll go on record stating that, as of this moment in time, I believe Donald Trump poses a much greater threat to the country than Antifa.

Edit to add that this should not be construed as me expressing support for Antifa.  It's not.  Rather, I don't think Antifa is particularly organized or dangerous.  I do think Trump is extremely dangerous to our country.

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 1
27 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Actually posting an article from a reputable source that was about the topic in here.  And of all people, you questioning a source holds zero merit..

It had nothing yo do with tear gas (you seem to have an obsession with that topic).

Just pointing out the sources you use to beat other posters over the head with also report false information.  Sadly, you ran with that false information.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Just pointing out the sources you use to beat other posters over the head with also report false information.  Sadly, you ran with that false information.  

Did i quote the Washington Post about tear gas?  Also, you should probably see what the cdc and others have said about the tactics and chemicals used.

In addition, the difference is I dont claim they get everything right...the fact is, they get far more right than wrong amd don’t constantly fail fact checks and post conspiracy level stuff like AmericanThinker and so kn.  That you even want to equate the sources Ive used vs places  like that shows the facts still aren't getting through.

Sadly, you are using that to deflect from the actual conversation and it very much appears because you want a reaction.

1 hour ago, killface said:

a lot of posters on here have actually said they sympathize with antifa, and thats just what they are willing to admit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1