What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise (2 Viewers)

Here's a pro-tip for you Jon, that's pretty much exactly the ethos of the Boogaloo movement. They mostly came from right-wing anti-government militia groups that have existed in this country for a long, long time. Think McVeigh, Waco, Ruby Ridge, etc. That's also why they see the current climate as the perfect time to try to "accelerate" their desired Civil War 2 (Electric Boogaloo).
They most don't.  Boogaloo is an undefined term that means different things to different people.   Boogaloo is mostly a term for anarchism and can associate with left or right or neither.   It is not muxh different than antifa really.  

Yes, that your perspective is that you don't understand what is going on.

Yet have made more posts than almost anybody about it.  Including stuff like..
You have a hard time listening.

You have a hard time with your message.  You have a hard time understanding others' messaging.... or at least a hard time representing them honestly.

Hope you are feeling better this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a hard time listening.

You have a hard time with your message.  You have a hard time understanding others' messaging.... or at least a hard time representing them honestly.

Hope you are feeling better this morning.
You guys should get a room.

Given what this group has been pulling all summer, how do over 3 months pass without a comment until today? There is some serious head in sand burying going on here.

I don’t think it’s fair for either party to have to spend time and energy disavowing or defending against horrible people on their side who do horrible things.  Exception being when you nominate one of them to the top of the ticket.  

Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO

Tonight while I was in Missouri, Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door. Let me be clear: My family & I will not be intimidated by leftwing violence

Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO

Tonight while I was in Missouri, Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door. Let me be clear: My family & I will not be intimidated by leftwing violence
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/protests/protesters-hold-vigil-at-sen-hawley-home-in-virginia/65-c0a1465b-ee7f-4865-9f36-23471b760778

Now...could have been it got more rowdy too...but it may be a matter of perspective.

Not sure I even agree with such a vigil...private homes should be off limits.

And definitely any actual threats or intimidation are completely out of line (as they were with vandalism of both Pelosi and McConnell's homes).

Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO

Antifa, huh?  How does he know that?

Seems like what actually happened is nothing like what he claims happened.  Appears the event was captured on video, and per usual, "allegations" don't match facts.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/protests/protesters-hold-vigil-at-sen-hawley-home-in-virginia/65-c0a1465b-ee7f-4865-9f36-23471b760778

Antifa, huh?  How does he know that?

Seems like what actually happened is nothing like what he claims happened.  Appears the event was captured on video, and per usual, "allegations" don't match facts.

There's literally video of people pounding on their door.
Not in the link I posted, there's not.  If you have a different link, I'm willing to look.

Back to the "Antifa scum" comment, I'm still curious how Mr. Hawley knows this.

I think the people outside with bullhorns and knocking (pounding?) on the doors in a neighborhood are wrong for doing so.  It is not the right place to be doing that.   

That said I didn't see any violence and I think categorizing them as leftwing extremists "antifa" seems a bit of a stretch.  
One can make the argument that threats are violence.

What they did at his home was despicable.  There are neighbors coming around asking that they leave because the kids are scared.  If a group of people with bullhorns blaring went to my next door neighbors home and started chanting, my kids would be quite scared.  

Why is anyone even remotely defending this or trying to act like it's ok.  Anyone doing that has political blinders on that don't allow them to see what's really happening.

Not in the link I posted, there's not.  If you have a different link, I'm willing to look.

Back to the "Antifa scum" comment, I'm still curious how Mr. Hawley knows this.
Maybe one had a deadpool shirt on?  You may laugh...but yes, had a poster tell me that the kid who started some fires in Nashville had to be antifa because when he was arrested later he was wearing a deadpool tshirt.

What they did at his home was despicable.  There are neighbors coming around asking that they leave because the kids are scared.  If a group of people with bullhorns blaring went to my next door neighbors home and started chanting, my kids would be quite scared.  

Why is anyone even remotely defending this or trying to act like it's ok.  Anyone doing that has political blinders on that don't allow them to see what's really happening.
Literally no one in this thread has done the bolded.  What has happened is people have pointed out that Mr. Hawley's statements were untrue.  There's a difference.

I said that I thought it was wrong and not the place to protest.  I was agreeing with you ... all I said it did not appear to be violent.

Literally no one in this thread has done the bolded.  What has happened is people have pointed out that Mr. Hawley's statements were untrue.  There's a difference.
Perhaps his statements about Antifa were untrue.  Antifa is kind of a catch-phrase the right uses lazily.  But surely you can forgive a man for his tweets when a group of people is outside his house scaring his kids, yelling with bullhorns and knocking on his door.  My kids would be flipping out and there's a good chance if I decided to tweet at that time or anytime that night, my emotions might get the best of me and I may not be 100% accurate.  But hey, if the big issue you see here is this guy using the word Antifa............

I'm waiting on someone to literally turn the dogs loose on something like this.  I have one who'd love to be in on some of the action.  

Perhaps his statements about Antifa were untrue.  Antifa is kind of a catch-phrase the right uses lazily.  But surely you can forgive a man for his tweets when a group of people is outside his house scaring his kids, yelling with bullhorns and knocking on his door.  My kids would be flipping out and there's a good chance if I decided to tweet at that time or anytime that night, my emotions might get the best of me and I may not be 100% accurate.  But hey, if the big issue you see here is this guy using the word Antifa............
He wrote, "Tonight while I was in Missouri, Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door. Let me be clear: My family & I will not be intimidated by leftwing violence"

Best I can tell, there are a lot more untruths in there than just "Antifa".  Can we see/hear the threats against his wife and daughter?  Can we see the vandalism?  Can we see the attempts to pound open the door?  In the video I posted (admittedly brief and clearly not the full event), there was none of that.

He wrote, "Tonight while I was in Missouri, Antifa scumbags came to our place in DC and threatened my wife and newborn daughter, who can’t travel. They screamed threats, vandalized, and tried to pound open our door. Let me be clear: My family & I will not be intimidated by leftwing violence"

Best I can tell, there are a lot more untruths in there than just "Antifa".  Can we see/hear the threats against his wife and daughter?  Can we see the vandalism?  Can we see the attempts to pound open the door?  In the video I posted (admittedly brief and clearly not the full event), there was none of that.
Amazing the hill some in here are willing to die on.  

Can we see/hear the threats against his wife and daughter?  Can we see the vandalism?  Can we see the attempts to pound open the door?  In the video I posted (admittedly brief and clearly not the full event), there was none of that.
Instead of demanding proof, how about we just not harass wives and children of people we disagree with politically? Does the level of pounding on the door really matter to you here?

Instead of demanding proof, how about we just not harass wives and children of people we disagree with politically? Does the level of pounding on the door really matter to you here?
I didn't condone any of what happened.  So far, I haven't seen anyone in this thread that has.  I'm simply asking that our elected representatives be truthful.  Is that really too much to ask?

I didn't condone any of what happened.  So far, I haven't seen anyone in this thread that has.  I'm simply asking that our elected representatives be truthful.  Is that really too much to ask?
It seems you're demanding that he prove the level at which the mob outside his house harassed his wife and children. Like somehow the accuracy of those claims justifies the actions. And the "I don't condone" shield doesn't align with the motives of your skepticism. Step back from the partisan nonsense for just a minute, por favor.

It seems you're demanding that he prove the level at which them mob outside his house harassed his wife and children. Like somehow the accuracy of those claims justifies the actions. And the "I don't condone" shield doesn't align with the motives of your skepticism. Step back from the partisan nonsense for just a minute, por favor.
I'm demanding "elected representatives need to be truthful" as opposed to what I believe he's doing here, which is attempting to inflame emotions via made up allegations for political gain.  I also called out Pelosi for her BS related to the whole "salon entrapment" thing.

I am not justifying any specific actions.  I'm not necessarily opposed to a protest, as long as it's peaceful.  Protesting when the object of the protest (in this case, Hawley himself) isn't present seems stupid and unjustified.

If there was violence, it's always inappropriate.  That said, I didn't see any violence in the clips linked so far.  More than that, Republicans have a recent history of yelling "violence" when none actually happened.

If there were threats, it's always inappropriate.  That said, I didn't see any threats in the clips linked so far.

If there was vandalism, it's always inappropriate.  That said, I didn't see any vandalism in the clips linked so far.

Not for nothing, didn't The Proud Boys claim they would be in D.C. incognito?  I think his use of "Antifa" should be restrained until there's more proof as to who actually did it.  

IMO protesters should not be going to neighborhoods in the evening with bullhorns and they shouldn't be knocking on doors.  To me that is disturbing the peace and the police should have been called.  

I don't blame the senator for being pissed and speaking out against them but categorizing them as "Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise" seems a bit of an exaggeration.

It seems you're demanding that he prove the level at which the mob outside his house harassed his wife and children. Like somehow the accuracy of those claims justifies the actions. And the "I don't condone" shield doesn't align with the motives of your skepticism. Step back from the partisan nonsense for just a minute, por favor.
Amazing how they demand proof but yet When Christine Blasey-Ford was center stage no proof was necessary.  They believed her despite ZERO proof and actual testimony from people who disputed her highly suspect and convenient allegations.

In fact, that was pretty much the standard from the left whenever it was aimed at Trump or any conservative/GOP.

Amazing how they demand proof but yet When Christine Blasey-Ford was center stage no proof was necessary.  They believed her despite ZERO proof and actual testimony from people who disputed her highly suspect and convenient allegations.

In fact, that was pretty much the standard from the left whenever it was aimed at Trump or any conservative/GOP.
My standard is generally that the person making assertions carries the burden of proof.

If you can find one post from me asserting that CBF's allegations were truthful, I will PayPal/Venmo you $50.

My standard is generally that the person making assertions carries the burden of proof.

If you can find one post from me asserting that CBF's allegations were truthful, I will PayPal/Venmo you $50.
Challenge Accepted!

I do believe that while maybe YOU may not have said anything, it was clear that "the left" believed everything she said.  You're not arguing that, are you?  I'm assuming you're only speaking for yourself?  

Because my point was to the larger group of "lefties".

Here's a local news article that links to the livestream of the event and breaks down the notable actions that happened during the roughly hour long happening.

Shockingly, there's no "vandalism" or people trying to "knock down doors."

The 51-minute video shows a group of at least a dozen protesters gather in a strip mall parking lot before walking to the Hawley family’s Washington D.C.-area home. Once there, the group stood on the sidewalk and front lawn for the duration of the demonstration.

A couple of speakers appear to use a megaphone to denounce Sen. Hawley’s plan to delay the certification of the 2020 presidential election and claim this is a political stunt to bolster future prospects. Members of the group took chalk and wrote messages on the sidewalk. The group chants “shame” at the home.

In the 26th minute, a woman opens the front door to observe the protesters. She is holding a small child in her arms. She goes back in the home and shuts the door after a half-minute or so.

Around the 27th minute, a neighbor comes out to confront the protesters and has to be restrained by a third-party.

At one point—minute 29 in the video—three protesters take a pocket copy of the Constitution and place it on the front door of the Hawley residence. A fourth protester joins them.

In the 35th minute, three people—who appear unaffiliated with the protesters—walk up the Hawleys’ driveway to the front door and are allowed inside the home.

In the 36th minute, a member of the Vienna (VA) Police Department addresses one of the organizers to say it might be illegal for them to continue their protest. By the 46th minute, additional officers are at the scene and monitoring the activists, who promised to return in the morning.

The group placed signs and candles in front of the home before leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread