What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Dominator Online Question (1 Viewer)

Steeler

Footballguy
I know this is the wrong forum, but I can't find the support forum for the Draft Dominator.  I'm using the online version and overall this thing works really well, but I can't figure out how to get the players ordered the way I want and the positions weighted correctly.

When I run through mock drafts too many RBs are showing up in the main player list.  When I printed a cheat sheet 11 of the top 15 players in the "overall" section are QBs including the top 4 players overall.

How can I adjust the players within their positions and how can I have WR show up higher in the app and/or the cheat sheet?

I know this is the wrong forum, but I can't find the support forum for the Draft Dominator.  I'm using the online version and overall this thing works really well, but I can't figure out how to get the players ordered the way I want and the positions weighted correctly.

When I run through mock drafts too many RBs are showing up in the main player list.  When I printed a cheat sheet 11 of the top 15 players in the "overall" section are QBs including the top 4 players overall.

How can I adjust the players within their positions and how can I have WR show up higher in the app and/or the cheat sheet?
On the main FBG page, click the question mark in the bottom right corner. That takes you to the main help page, where you can find the documentation and look for an answer or submit a help request.  It's easier than trying to remember/find the link that Simon will post as an answer in this thread.

As for your actual question--click the little wrench above the draft pool listing.  There are options there to adjust position rankings, either by individual players or by postion (i.e., move all RBs up or down, etc.). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Steeler said:

There is a lot that goes into how one adjusts player rankings and how the app ranks and mock drafts. Probably more than can/should be covered in a post.

I strongly encourage you to go to the launch page for the online app (LINK) and watch the video, it's 41 minutes but the last 15 is dedicated to auctions so you don't need to watch the whole thing.  I think it should clear up a lot of things you are trying to accomplish.

If you still have questions you can read the FAQ and/or contact them directly here: sportsguys.zendesk.com

I strongly encourage you to go to the launch page for the online app (LINK) and watch the video, it's 41 minutes but the last 15 is dedicated to auctions so you don't need to watch the whole thing.  I think it should clear up a lot of things you are trying to accomplish.
Thanks for this tip!  

Everyone should watch this video if they haven't already - the amount of functionality in this app is incredible!  And as Joe points out in the video, the functionality/complexity is available but it's also not in your face or forced on you.  You can get there easily if you need it or ignore it if you don't.

This is really an excellent piece of software - great job Simon (and his team)!

Now I'm off to cram for my draft  :thumbup:

@Simon Shepherd

@Joe Bryant

I want to recommend the draft dominator and again tell Simon and the FBG staff how much I appreciate this app.  I'm in two leagues which are really different and the draft dominator is flexible enough to be able to handle both.

First league is 10 teams, 1 player keeper league, with 6 teams making the playoffs (lame I know, but it is what is it is)... I used the "Weekly Weight" feature to give more weight to the projects for weeks 14 - 16 (playoffs in this league).

Second league is 12 teams, can keep between 2 and 4 players, optionally can keep one rookie, only 4 teams make the playoffs, draft order is customized (1st rounds serpentine, reorder draft then next 2 round serpentine, rinse/repeat).  Two of my potential keepers are E. Elliot and D. Martin - so with these suspensions and only 4 teams making the playoffs I used the "Weekly Weight" feature to target the first 4 weeks of the season.

So anyway, have I mentioned how much I like this tool?

I'm gonna piggyback on this thread since the problem was solved.

How often is DD updated now that it is online?

The rankings seem kind of old right now.

For instance Spencer Ware is still ranked way too high and Kareem Hunt ranked way too low for the injury.

I'm gonna piggyback on this thread since the problem was solved.

How often is DD updated now that it is online?

The rankings seem kind of old right now.

For instance Spencer Ware is still ranked way too high and Kareem Hunt ranked way too low for the injury.
You may need to manually update (under the More drop-down menu). They had Edelman & Ware updated Saturday night.

Meredith is already updated.

what do you mean collapsed it?  All my draft boards are showing properly, and lists, etc.  Just the ADP column is filled with (---)
Oh.  Thought you meant it had disappeared completely.  You can accidentally drag the borders of a column together and "hide" it just like in Excel, but that wouldn't do the ellipsis you're seeing 

Oh.  Thought you meant it had disappeared completely.  You can accidentally drag the borders of a column together and "hide" it just like in Excel, but that wouldn't do the ellipsis you're seeing 
ah ok thanks.  I downloaded the newest version and they seemed to pop back up.  weird.

Users who are viewing this thread