What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

eVALUEator! (1 Viewer)

mrip541

Footballguy
Love this new DFS resource. I've been trying to do this manually for the last 2 years. Thanks guys!

To pay significantly extra for DFS content only to find that one of your most useful tools is discontinued makes me an unhappy customer.

To pay significantly extra for DFS content only to find that one of your most useful tools is discontinued makes me an unhappy customer.
We initially discontinued it because, based on page views last season, it didn't seem popular enough. We're bringing it back because we've gotten a bunch of complaints. It will debut this week.

We initially discontinued it because, based on page views last season, it didn't seem popular enough. We're bringing it back because we've gotten a bunch of complaints. It will debut this week.
Thanks for the update!

Guys. Use this resource. If you're making lineups without it you're doing it wrong.

Thanks for the update!

Guys. Use this resource. If you're making lineups without it you're doing it wrong.
I remember checking the article/tool in the past, but never saw the value in it to be honest.

How would you recommend it be put to the best use?  I am a low-limit player, if that makes a difference.

THANKS!

I remember checking the article/tool in the past, but never saw the value in it to be honest.

How would you recommend it be put to the best use?  I am a low-limit player, if that makes a difference.

THANKS!
You generally gotta play the underpriced guys, for cash games in particular, and you should play them on the site where they're most underpriced. Most podcasts and articles will suggest guys with a good matchup in general, or who are underpriced on one particular site. Lineup generators and value calculators depend on projections that may or may not be terrible, and only show you who's valuable based on one particular set of pricing. They don't show you which of those value guys are CRAZY value compared to the rest of the industry. Many of the better (IMO) daily fantasy podcasts and articles are produced by Draftkings promoters. They often recommend guys who might be a bargain on DK, but often those recommended players aren't nearly as cheap on Fanduel. Price adjustment on FD also tends to lag behind DK, so the chart shows you which guys FD is slow on. If you just run with the names mentioned on some podcast you're probably going to have a bad time. In addition, many of those promoters count on daily fantasy for income so they often do their best to give general advice about "good" plays but only reveal the "stone cold locks" after the games have been played. This chart shows you the stone cold locks for each site. When you compare the numbers across sites the best plays jump off the screen.

For example, the FBG FD calculator doesn't show Alex Collins as an outstanding value in week 2. If you're just looking at the FD value calculation you aren't going to click his name. However, Collins is ridiculously underpriced on FD compared to every other site. Podcasts focused on DK aren't going to talk about Collins being in play. I'll see that price discrepancy and do some digging, and if I decide I want to play Collins I'll do it on FD.

Disclaimer: I'm just some random dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread