What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official IT movie 2017*** (1 Viewer)

prosopis

Arizona Chupacabra
I may be setting myself up for disappointment but I am fully geeked out for this movie. It is one of my favorite Stephen King books and I did not mind the tv miniseries. I read this book when it first came out and at the time I was not happy with the ending. I reread it recently and I liked the ending better the second go around. I really hope they do this right. I dont want to spoil anything for folks who don't know the story but this is definitely a tale that lends itself to being two movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0kRwDXn7o

I am waiting for tickets to go on sale at the Roadhouse- Reserved seating with meals and drinks being served.

I had forgotten about the kid orgy in this book. I doubt that makes it to the film. I wonder if the hate crime in the beginning makes it? With todays climate I kind of doubt it but maybe?

Can not wait!!   After the disappointment with the Dark Tower movie I'm really hoping this lives up to the book.  

I will say I didn't have much hope for Dark Tower after seeing the trailers (and it turned out to be warranted) but feel the opposite about It.  The trailers looks killer!

Looks like it's not going to be word for word in regards to the book......but it looks very much like it'll keep with the spirit of it. 

I had mixed feelings about the mini-series back then.  The part with the kids wasn't bad at all.......but the grownups were flat out lame; except for maybe Eddie and MIke.  Kids part still kind of holds up.  I don't understand (particularly with the success of American Horror Story) why a production company/studio/channel hasn't pushed hard for a Stephen King anthology series; in which each season they adapt one of his books.  It/The Shining/Salem's Lot/The Stand all on a 13 episode season on HBO/AMC would be unbelievable. 

The movie takes place in the 80s, while the book was set in the 50s. It also stars the lead from Stranger Things.  So it appears that it will share some of the vibe of Stranger Things, which is interesting given that Stranger Things was inspired by Stephen King. 

I had forgotten about the kid orgy in this book. I doubt that makes it to the film. I wonder if the hate crime in the beginning makes it? With todays climate I kind of doubt it but maybe?
That King, such a loose canon back in the day.  Need to do battle with an ancient evil?  Hmmm...I know, a kid orgy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for tickets to go on sale at the Roadhouse- Reserved seating with meals and drinks being served.
I woild think that meals being served and that atmosphere would kill tension in a creepy movie.  I accidentally got tix for a movie in the screen that served food once and hated it.  

Cautiously optimistic about the movie.  Trailers look decent, but I am a bit worried about it being just the kids' story, because 95% of the time kids can't act.  

Looks like it's not going to be word for word in regards to the book......but it looks very much like it'll keep with the spirit of it. 

I had mixed feelings about the mini-series back then.  The part with the kids wasn't bad at all.......but the grownups were flat out lame; except for maybe Eddie and MIke.  Kids part still kind of holds up.  I don't understand (particularly with the success of American Horror Story) why a production company/studio/channel hasn't pushed hard for a Stephen King anthology series; in which each season they adapt one of his books.  It/The Shining/Salem's Lot/The Stand all on a 13 episode season on HBO/AMC would be unbelievable. 
There is a show called Castle Rock filming now. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6548228/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Looks to have a strong cast. 

I've got tix for 7:15 tonight. 

Rotten tomatoes has seemed to have settled in around 90%, so let's hope it's good!  Beep Beep!!

I've got tix for 7:15 tonight. 

Rotten tomatoes has seemed to have settled in around 90%, so let's hope it's good!  Beep Beep!!
Please don't come back and say it sucks. I plan to go this weekend. First movie at the theater in years for me. 

Please don't come back and say it sucks. I plan to go this weekend. First movie at the theater in years for me. 
It was good - very good. Not everything worked for me, but I'd give an A-.  I'll go into spoiler detail in a minute for those that have seen it...

One non-spoiler thing I'll say.  I feel like if you don't have at least a working knowledge of the story, this would possibly be a hard follow.  Fitting everything into a little over two hours meant you get from A to B to C pretty quickly, so I'm curious if people completely in the dark would pick up everything. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Dont read the following until after you've seen it...

what worked for me and what didn't work for me:

1.  The kids are amazing and I really enjoyed their acting. Finn from Stranger Things is a superstar.  The girl that played Beverly was really good too.

2.  The humor, especially the 80s humor was very good. The New Kids stuff had me cracking up.

3.  I liked how they handled the ending. It kept a bit of the spirit without filming what they obviously couldn't. 

4. Pennywise and his dialogue delivery (to be continued on what didn't work for me)

What didn't work for me:

1. I liked Pennywise, but I didn't like the quick cut jump scares. He was creepy as a character and they made him cheesy when he runs/attacks the kids.  His leper form was especially goofy to me.  Normal acting was good and creepy, but the special effects got absurd.

2. I feel like they didn't do nearly enough with Henry Bowers. He just had a few random interspersed scenes. 

3.  They didn't mention the word dead lights the entire movie. You "see" them once for like 3 seconds but you would never know that's a thing if you weren't aware already. 

Saw it last night... Makes the 80's version look like an after school special and the old Pennywise look like Bozo or Ronald McDonald..

Very well done, good movie overall... Not especially scary unless you hate clowns..

Saw it last night... Makes the 80's version look like an after school special and the old Pennywise look like Bozo or Ronald McDonald..

Very well done, good movie overall... Not especially scary unless you hate clowns..
How do we post spoilers?

Got the wife to say she will go with me. Might try to get it in this weekend between kids hockey and soccer games

OK, now I'm curious. I haven't read the book(s) and never seen any other version of it... but I'm a horror fan. It's been a while since I've seen a really good scary movie.

Just saw It and really enjoyed it.  Super excited to see what they do for the adult storyline.   

I will say I do echo the sentiments above about not being sure how this plays to the audience whos never read the book. I'm not sure the movie is as enjoyable as it does move pretty quickly.   The back knowledge of the book helps tremendously.  

But they did an excellent job capturing the spirit of the book and the characters even if it wasn't line for line the same.  

Overall it was very well done.  

MikeIke said:
How is that even possible? 
I could see a lot of people not wanting to read a 1000+ page book, and the tv movie is pretty bad. 

Never read the book or seen the original version, but I did know quite a bit through cultural references etc.

I think it played just fine to someone who had never read the book. There were some things they could have elaborated on, but the film was long enough as is and I don't think any elaboration was truly necessary, unless it's important exposition for Chapter 2.

Tickets for 4:30 tonight. Playing every 45 minutes on just about every screen and they're all sold out. 

4:30 tonight for me. I am having a hard time staying away from reviews and spoilers. I cant wait to see this.

OK, now I'm curious. I haven't read the book(s) and never seen any other version of it... but I'm a horror fan. It's been a while since I've seen a really good scary movie.
You should skip the movie and read the book first. 

Debated bringing my eighth grade race after reading parent review on imdb decided to. She was fine with it. 

Very well done, no complaints. Love the turtle references :)

Good movie. I am a big fan of the book but this movie was already over two hours , they did what they had to do to get this done. 

My wife and I both agree that It wasn't as scary because we've already seen a lot of trailers and it took some of the scare factor out of it

Good movie. I am a big fan of the book but this movie was already over two hours , they did what they had to do to get this done. 

My wife and I both agree that It wasn't as scary because we've already seen a lot of trailers and it took some of the scare factor out of it
I think horror movie trailers are the worst at spoiling the movie and deflating the experience.  Way too many times you see the decent scares in the trailer. 

I enjoyed it but I agree with good not great. I am not happy with some of the changes they made. I am thinking this movie will do much better with people who did not read the book. Its possible that I am to much of a S King dork to ever be completely happy. This would have been much better served as a netflix series told over years.

I enjoyed it but I agree with good not great. I am not happy with some of the changes they made. I am thinking this movie will do much better with people who did not read the book. Its possible that I am to much of a S King dork to ever be completely happy. This would have been much better served as a netflix series told over years.
Haven't seen it yet, but agree on the Netflix delivery method. I could easily see this being a single season show... 12 one hour episodes that can really bring the details in.

As a movie, it was extremely well done. As a faithful adaptation of King's work, it of course fell short. But I think that is setting an unfair and unrealistic bar. To be a faithful adaptation, it would need to be double the length, and frankly I don't know that doing an eight or ten episode series would succeed with anyone other than the King faithful (though I acknowledge that Stranger Things was able to manage it).  I'm really happy with what they did. It's been a while since I've seen a really good movie adapted from a King novel. 

Users who are viewing this thread