What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 1 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Not sure if we need two threads each week, and I know most play FD, but thought I would see how many are doing DK.  I am thinking about more DK to start since I love the idea of all the low stakes stuff being capped at 20 entries, and I really hate thinking about Ks. 

Week 1 I am just throwing out some gpps.   Not sure about playing too much cash during the first couple weeks. 

I have spots saved, but just starting to look at stuff now.  :popcorn:

First time playing NFL on DK and either I can't find them or they don't offer any single entry gpps with less than 8k players for under $5.

Going with a $3 double up, a $4 and $1 gpp and freeroll in the billionaire contests.

First time playing NFL on DK and either I can't find them or they don't offer any single entry gpps with less than 8k players for under $5.

Going with a $3 double up, a $4 and $1 gpp and freeroll in the billionaire contests.
I didn't either.  I put most of my gpps in the bigger $1 20max one.  Even the smaller contests are ME on DK. 

gpp-wise, I find myself gravitating towards using a TE in the flex or going with 3 Rbs around the 5K range. 

• seems like Ertz and Walker are going to be the popular plays, but I was curious how many people would play both in a LU
  • Really like guys like Hyde, L.Miller, McCaffrey, Crowell, Lynch, Abdullah for those prices.  Might be contrarian to go with 2 of them in gpp, fade DJ/Bell, and go high $WR. 

KarmaPolice said:
gpp-wise, I find myself gravitating towards using a TE in the flex or going with 3 Rbs around the 5K range. 

• seems like Ertz and Walker are going to be the popular plays, but I was curious how many people would play both in a LU
  • Really like guys like Hyde, L.Miller, McCaffrey, Crowell, Lynch, Abdullah for those prices.  Might be contrarian to go with 2 of them in gpp, fade DJ/Bell, and go high $WR. 
which slates are you playing? 

i'm gonna go Sunday only and Sun-Mon, mix of GPP and Cash. 

which slates are you playing? 

i'm gonna go Sunday only and Sun-Mon, mix of GPP and Cash. 
I did mostly on Sunday main slate.  I never had much luck with small slates.   I think maybe I have a couple $1 gpps in a Thurs-Mon game just to get some Patriot action. 

Forgive me for what may be an "amateur question," but I am new to the daily fantasy world.  What does GPP stand for?

Forgive me for what may be an "amateur question," but I am new to the daily fantasy world.  What does GPP stand for?
Guaranteed Prize Pool. 

Basically those are the tournaments, and they set up to pay out the same if they fill or not (most of the time they fill in NFL). 

Anybody looking at this Pick 'em thing?  I am just wondering how people are attacking this thing. 

ETA:  My initial take is to try to pair 2 Qb + WR/TE combos for upside correlation and then have 4 Rbs besides that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So I really like Gurley at $6000, in GPP and cash. Am I crazy to pair him with Goff who is $4800? He's so cheap, and may be in one of his better positions all season against the Colts, if the Rams defense doesn't do everything for him :P

So I really like Gurley at $6000, in GPP and cash. Am I crazy to pair him with Goff who is $4800? He's so cheap, and may be in one of his better positions all season against the Colts, if the Rams defense doesn't do everything for him :P
I went with Hyde at sub 5k and looking at Kizer.  Just as scary. 

.25 gpp  mariota gurley hill decker cooper benjamn walker freeman rams

$1 gpp weintz gurley johnson tate adams ja brown ertz freeman hou

$4 gpp  rogers crowell bell nelson matthews marshall engram kelly jags

Users who are viewing this thread