What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (5 Viewers)

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (questionable, knee) is a game-time decision for Week 3 against the Giants.

Kittle got in a limited week of practice after sitting out Week 2. The 49ers have concerns with the field conditions at MetLife Stadium, leading to some thought they could hold Kittle out. They're also desperate for playmakers in a Nick Mullens offense with their top two running backs sidelined. Even at less than full health, Kittle is a TE1 if he plays. Kittle had some of the biggest games of his career with Mullens in 2018.

RELATED: 

Jordan Reed

SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

Sep 25, 2020, 12:16 PM ET

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (questionable, knee) is a game-time decision for Week 3 against the Giants.

Kittle got in a limited week of practice after sitting out Week 2. The 49ers have concerns with the field conditions at MetLife Stadium, leading to some thought they could hold Kittle out. They're also desperate for playmakers in a Nick Mullens offense with their top two running backs sidelined. Even at less than full health, Kittle is a TE1 if he plays. Kittle had some of the biggest games of his career with Mullens in 2018.

RELATED: 

Jordan Reed

SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

Sep 25, 2020, 12:16 PM ET
I don't understand this.  An hour ago he was a game time decision and then 20 minutes later Shanahan announced him as OUT?

They like what they see in practice in Mullens and Reed, no need to put Kittle out there on that turf when he's not quite 100%.

Shanahan spoke with Kittle before Friday's practice to determine where he is in his recovery.

"I thought it was a lot safer to leave him out," Shanahan explained to reporters. "That didn't need to wait another day because of how he sounds today."

Happy they rest Kittle, cannot imagine taking the same field that knocked out you're top dog DE, another DLineman that's pretty good, your starting RB, your back up RB, and oh yeah your starting QB...I had bought McKinnon on waivers and I flipped him before they take the same field this weekend, I hope I was just playing it safe. 

But as a Kittle owner, i would be happy if he came back 100% next week, invested a pretty high pick to get him and that always weakens you a little at other positions so this particular injury hurts more than say my WR2/3 etc...

See you next week Mr. K

Happy they rest Kittle, cannot imagine taking the same field that knocked out you're top dog DE, another DLineman that's pretty good, your starting RB, your back up RB, and oh yeah your starting QB...I had bought McKinnon on waivers and I flipped him before they take the same field this weekend, I hope I was just playing it safe. 

But as a Kittle owner, i would be happy if he came back 100% next week, invested a pretty high pick to get him and that always weakens you a little at other positions so this particular injury hurts more than say my WR2/3 etc...

See you next week Mr. K
Agree 100%.

And Jimmy G should be fetching Kittle’s slippers and several beers on Sunday for laying out his star TE like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad they're holding him out this week too. Near zero chance he returns value on his ADP though at this point. 

Doesn't matter he's a miss. Not because of talent but because of opportunity. No opportunity on the sideline. Sorry just the harsh reality of FF. 
It's 2 weeks in.  If he comes back strong and has big playoff weeks then he definitely is worth his draft value.

Where did the un-cocky Milkman of last week go to?

Doesn't matter he's a miss. Not because of talent but because of opportunity. No opportunity on the sideline. Sorry just the harsh reality of FF. 
Thanks for being the Enforcer around here and dishing out reality but since Kittle wasn't put on IR and most trust that Shanahan knows what he is doing, they opted not to put him on IR for 3 weeks so as long as he gets back on the field and most owners are thinking playoffs anyways, things can still be pretty OK for Kittles owners. I coulda been mega harsh and start listing all the season ending folks on IR but I think that's poor taste.

I could name a dozen other players right now in far worse "harsh reality" for 2020...you come across very bitter, just wish you weren't so abrasive and that's something I used to be more known for so it takes one to know one sorta speak. You post a lot, difficult to have discussions with, take it as feedback not a teardown, cheers. 

Thanks for being the Enforcer around here and dishing out reality but since Kittle wasn't put on IR and most trust that Shanahan knows what he is doing, they opted not to put him on IR for 3 weeks so as long as he gets back on the field and most owners are thinking playoffs anyways, things can still be pretty OK for Kittles owners. I coulda been mega harsh and start listing all the season ending folks on IR but I think that's poor taste.

I could name a dozen other players right now in far worse "harsh reality" for 2020...you come across very bitter, just wish you weren't so abrasive and that's something I used to be more known for so it takes one to know one sorta speak. You post a lot, difficult to have discussions with, take it as feedback not a teardown, cheers. 
Sorry if I came off abrasive. He had a bad 1st week. Missed week 2, 3, and now we'll see. Super slow start. He's given He's owners nothing. He'd have to go completely off to return value. I don't see that being very likely but maybe I said it in an abrasive way. I didn't mean too was just stating matter of factly. Cheers!

It's 2 weeks in.  If he comes back strong and has big playoff weeks then he definitely is worth his draft value.

Where did the un-cocky Milkman of last week go to?
He's still here. My bad. Just a super slow bad start. Don't see Kittle recovering from it. Most owners drafted him in the 2nd or early 3rd. Don't see them doing real good so far with that return. 

He's still here. My bad. Just a super slow bad start. Don't see Kittle recovering from it. Most owners drafted him in the 2nd or early 3rd. Don't see them doing real good so far with that return. 
It's yet to be seen. Again, if he goes off week 16 and wins you a title, he was worth the pick right? 

It's yet to be seen. Again, if he goes off week 16 and wins you a title, he was worth the pick right? 
Sure but when you're 0-2 and facing the best team in the league week 3 without him how likely are you to make it to week 16?

Sure but when you're 0-2 and facing the best team in the league week 3 without him how likely are you to make it to week 16?
Fair point but one person doesn't make a team.  I know many Kittle owners who are 2-0 or 1-1.  If you're 0-2, it's unlikely you lost both close games and only due to poor TE performance.  That would be quite rare.

Fair point but one person doesn't make a team.  I know many Kittle owners who are 2-0 or 1-1.  If you're 0-2, it's unlikely you lost both close games and only due to poor TE performance.  That would be quite rare.
Gif needed but yeah 

See you next week Mr. K
Most of those injuries had nothing to do with the turf - I don’t suspect many that didn’t have to watch that game did, but Bosa was being blocked backwards and turned his knee and Jimmy G was getting sacked.

I think the turf stuff was sour grapes by the Niners. There was a game the week before at the same Stadium with no injuries.

Most of those injuries had nothing to do with the turf - I don’t suspect many that didn’t have to watch that game did, but Bosa was being blocked backwards and turned his knee and Jimmy G was getting sacked.

I think the turf stuff was sour grapes by the Niners. There was a game the week before at the same Stadium with no injuries.
Actually the Steelers lost tackle Zach Banner for the year due to a knee injury in week 1 on that field, and James Connor tweaked his ankle and left the game but was able to play in week 2.

Nobody on Pittsburgh complained about the turf, but its gonna be under scrutiny the rest of the season for sure 

Actually the Steelers lost tackle Zach Banner for the year due to a knee injury in week 1 on that field, and James Connor tweaked his ankle and left the game but was able to play in week 2.

Nobody on Pittsburgh complained about the turf, but its gonna be under scrutiny the rest of the season for sure 
Connor was fine. They held him out because Snell was kicking ###. Players get hurt in NFL games go figure. This isn’t the first year of the stadium.

Only the Niners complained about it and NFL officials found nothing wrong. Like I said, it sounds like a team looking for excuses but there will be 14 more games played there so we’ll see.

Not sure what your problem is, and I really don't care, I was just pointing out that you were wrong about no week 1 unjuries there. But you do you.
You laughed when I presented facts to you. I find that emoji childish (but admit to having used it myself) and to me that means you think it was the turf despite the league looking into it. 

But I’ll apologize for being just as childish.

Week 2 was devastating for injuries around the league. I don’t remember Mostert’s injury but Bosa was being blocked backwards by Wesco (I think) and got twisted. Jimmy G was being sacked by Williams. Injuries happen, and they suck. I won’t say 100% there’s nothing wrong with the field but it seemed the Niners were just pissed. I hate MetLife Stadium by the way so not offended by any accusations leveled at it. I just don’t think we should be at the point of worrying about starting fantasy players at the stadium - and with the two home teams you’d probably be dumb not to. If Kittle was playing this week I’d be starting him, although I picked up Reed to cover last week and not upset to play him instead.

Not sure what your problem is, and I really don't care, I was just pointing out that you were wrong about no week 1 unjuries there. But you do you.
And Connor wanted to go back in the whole game so his ankle sprain was nothing. I did not remember the o-lineman so I’ll admit being wrong about that - but one player getting injured in an NFL game isn’t noteworthy.

You laughed when I presented facts to you. I find that emoji childish (but admit to having used it myself) and to me that means you think it was the turf despite the league looking into it. 

But I’ll apologize for being just as childish.

Week 2 was devastating for injuries around the league. I don’t remember Mostert’s injury but Bosa was being blocked backwards by Wesco (I think) and got twisted. Jimmy G was being sacked by Williams. Injuries happen, and they suck. I won’t say 100% there’s nothing wrong with the field but it seemed the Niners were just pissed. I hate MetLife Stadium by the way so not offended by any accusations leveled at it. I just don’t think we should be at the point of worrying about starting fantasy players at the stadium - and with the two home teams you’d probably be dumb not to. If Kittle was playing this week I’d be starting him, although I picked up Reed to cover last week and not upset to play him instead.

I laughed cuz you seemed snippy in your response when I was only pointing out that there was a season ending injury week 1 in addition to two in week 2. Im a 49er fan and I dont think it was sour grapes by the team to complain, some players noticed the "sticky" turf in pre game warm-ups. But injuries are indeed part of the game and the Niners seem to have terrible luck the past few years when it comes to injuries.

It'll be interesting to see if there are more knee injuries there in the coming weeks. I hope there isn't and that it was just one of those weeks...as we all know, that wasn't the only place for season enders, its happening league wide right now.

Anyway, hijack over. I think its a good idea to keep Kittle out this week, Reed looks good and will hopefully be able to hold down the fort for another week.

George Kittle (knee) was a "full go" in Wednesday's practice ahead of Week 4.

Kittle got in limited sessions before being ruled out for Week 3, so this puts him on the right track to play against the Eagles. Good luck, Nathan Gerry and company. Kittle immediately returns as Nick Mullens' top target, and the Eagles have already allowed four touchdowns to tight ends in three games.

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Sep 30, 2020, 4:36 PM ET

49ers TE George Kittle (knee) practiced Thursday. 

It looks like fantasy managers who drafted Kittle in the first or second round can confidently plug him into their Week 4 lineups. He plays against an Eagles defense that gave up ten receptions and four touchdowns to tight ends in the season's first two weeks. 

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 4:14 PM ET

George Kittle (knee) said he's ready to "let it loose" against the Eagles after practicing in full on Wednesday and Thursday. 

Queue up Exile On Main Street. (Look it up, Zoomers.) It suggests, of course, that Kittle will be ready to go with no restrictions after missing Weeks 2 and 3. This lends credence to the notion that he might have played in Week 3 if not for MetLife Stadium's problematic turf. Kittle wasn't quite himself as he played injured in 2019, but he immediately slots back in as the No. 2 at his position behind only Travis Kelce. 

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 6:46 PM ET

George Kittle caught 15-of-15 targets for 183 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' Week 4 loss to the Eagles.

The 49ers passing game ran through Kittle in his first game back from a knee sprain. He also added eight yards on the ground. Kittle's game was nearly perfect but did feature a drop on a two-point conversion in the fourth quarter. A catch would have made it a field goal game. San Francisco finished the game on a failed hail mary. Had Kittle brought down the two-pointer, they may have been able to set up a field goal for the tie. Despite the drop, Kittle looked impossible to bring down and generated yards after the catch at a stunning clip. He's back in contention for the TE1 overall moving forward.

Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 PM ET

George Kittle caught 4-of-8 targets for 44 yards in the 49ers' Week 5 loss to the Dolphins. 

Coming off the most dominant effort by any tight end this season, Kittle was hamstrung by the 49ers' awful passing. Jimmy Garoppolo appeared shellshocked as he attempted to play through his ankle injury, while C.J. Beathard was scarcely better after Jimmy G was benched at halftime. Kittle's quarterbacks could be a problem for the foreseeable future, but he has always found a way to get his numbers even with sub-standard QB play. He will remain a top-two option for Week 6 against the Rams. 

Oct 11, 2020, 8:00 PM ET

George Kittle caught 7-of-10 targets for 109 yards and a touchdown in Week 6 against the Rams.

Kittle had the play of the night, scoring on a 44-yard pass from Jimmy Garoppolo down the seams. He broke a tackle on a slant and went untouched into the end-zone. This was a bounce back for Kittle, who was held to 44 yards by the Dolphins last week. Kittle will be one of the top tight end plays for a matchup with the Patriots in Week 7.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:11 AM ET

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

8m

Sources: #49ers star TE George Kittle has a small fracture in his foot that was revealed while doing further testing and will miss extended time.

Users who are viewing this thread