Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: TE George Kittle, 49ers

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet Good news for the #49ers on TE George Kittle: No tears or structural damage on his separated shoulder after tests. Not serious. 12:03 PM - Aug 10, 2018

If you are like me and got Kittle in your lineup with no protection if he's out I got some potentially good news to add to that last post. Shefter is saying he is expected to play. Breida as well

Turns out that the "Fake ID" of college football actually had some good players on that 12-0 team.  Cowherd is such a tool. Iowa may never contend for a championship when other school can recruit

5 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Last straw. I’m done after this season. Been a good run but not fun anymore and football sucks to watch. 

I enjoy the game of football way more since I stopped playing FF years ago. I can watch and enjoy without caring about personal stats.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Last straw. I’m done after this season. Been a good run but not fun anymore and football sucks to watch. 

Go to dailys.  At least big injuries like this won't derail your entire season.

12 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Yeah im in the same boat. Except I'll still watch it. Just done with fantasy football. At least dynasty. The run bad can go on for years and years. 

5 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Seems like every year it’s something with this guy...

With Kittle?  In 2017-2019 he's played in 15, 16 and 14 games respectively.  He's had some injuries sure but he's a warrior and generally finds a way to be on the field.  Not this time unfortunately.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

I’m getting there myself

Edited by DAG
16 hours ago, Milkman said:

Yeah im in the same boat. Except I'll still watch it. Just done with fantasy football. At least dynasty. The run bad can go on for years and years. 

I kicked myself for playing this year. Only reason I really did was cause Direct gave me ST Free. But with grand kids now weekends are for family and not watching sports. 

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That was just Shanahan commenting on how tough Kittle is and how much he wants to get back and compete. Not his way of endorsing 2 weeks as a possible timeline at all. 

Agreed - right after his first injury earlier this year, he said he felt great.

• Like 1

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (foot) is facing an eight-week recovery.

Kittle will be placed on injured reserve and very well could miss the entire season if the 49ers are out of playoff contention. Shanahan did tell media members that Kittle wants to return in two weeks, but that's obviously unrealistic even with Kittle known for playing through injuries. It's just impossible to play on a broken foot that quickly. The 49ers were getting production from Jordan Reed earlier in the season when Kittle missed. Ross Dwelley will fill in as the starter until Reed returns from injured reserve. Rookie WR Bradon Aiyuk will be thrown into the deep end as the top pass-catcher remaining.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Nov 3, 2020, 4:24 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Been hearing a few more Instagram doctors (doctors who talk on FF injuries on Instagram, not ones that fix instagrams issues) saying he could be back as early as week 12. Anything else out there?

instagram doctors?

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Been hearing a few more Instagram doctors (doctors who talk on FF injuries on Instagram, not ones that fix instagrams issues) saying he could be back as early as week 12. Anything else out there?

Maybe best case scenario with his type of injury, but I follow the 49ers very closely and have heard nothing other than he could come back for the playoffs if SF were to make it in.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Profootball doc is giving him a chance to return after 6 weeks which would put him back in week 15. That seems to be his best case scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What are people doing with this guy? He’s sitting on waivers in a league of mine with no IR. I’m playoff bound so considering stashing him but realistically odds still seem very low he returns. Young Shanny hinted that Niners would still have to be in mix, so might have to beat the Rams this week. SF does face the awful NFC Least in a few weeks so that could help. On the one hand, this guy has come back early from injuries before, on the other SF just invested a lot of money in him so why not play it safe. He’s a crazy enough dude that if he has a chance, he’ll want to play, so there’s that. Tough call.  What say you?

Edited by Johnny Utah #9
Just now, Johnny Utah #9 said:

What are people doing with this guy? He’s sitting on waivers in a league of mine with no IR. I’m playoff bound so considering stashing him but realistically odds still seem very low he returns. Young Shanny hinted that Niners would still have to be in mix, so might have to beat the Rams this week. SF does face the awful NFC Least in a few weeks so that could help. On the one hand, this guy has come back early from injuries before, on the other SF just invested a lot of money in him so why not play it safe. He’s a crazy enough dude that if he has a chance, he’ll want to play, so there’s that. Tough call.

Holding.

I've locked up a playoff spot in week 14. Ideally, I get get the #1 seed and a bye so I wouldn't need him until week 15.

I have and will continue to pick wrong between L. Thomas, A. Hooper, J. Reed, and Z. Ertz until then.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Johnny Utah #9 said:

What are people doing with this guy? He’s sitting on waivers in a league of mine with no IR. I’m playoff bound so considering stashing him but realistically odds still seem very low he returns. Young Shanny hinted that Niners would still have to be in mix, so might have to beat the Rams this week. SF does face the awful NFC Least in a few weeks so that could help. On the one hand, this guy has come back early from injuries before, on the other SF just invested a lot of money in him so why not play it safe. He’s a crazy enough dude that if he has a chance, he’ll want to play, so there’s that. Tough call.  What say you?

On our waivers (2 IR spots.) If somebody wants to pick him up to start @ARI in the FF Super Bowl, go for it. I thought the expectation was Week 16/17 if they’re still in it. Regardless I have Hock and don’t want anything to do with Kittle (or Ertz) in a win or go home matchup.

4 hours ago, zamboni said:

I doubt he’ll be back this year. The team should officially be eliminated by the time he is ready and there will be little reason to play him.

That’s just the thing though, will the Niners officially be out of it by then? They’ve got the Rams tomorrow, but then catch 2 NFC Least teams they can easily beat. If they playoff field ends up getting opened up due to Covid issues (which are raging right now) it’s possible very few teams will be out of it by late in the season.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:23 PM, Johnny Utah #9 said:

That’s just the thing though, will the Niners officially be out of it by then? They’ve got the Rams tomorrow, but then catch 2 NFC Least teams they can easily beat. If they playoff field ends up getting opened up due to Covid issues (which are raging right now) it’s possible very few teams will be out of it by late in the season.

SF wins (LAR lose), and Ari loss. 

Still in it for now.  I am holding Kittle to the extent possible even if its just for a SB start in week 16. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

SF wins (LAR lose), and Ari loss. 

Still in it for now.  I am holding Kittle to the extent possible even if its just for a SB start in week 16. 

Ditto.

This week's game is big. If they can knock off Buffalo who has to travel across the country SF then faces WASH and DAL...two winable games. That would then set the stage for a matchup @AZ which would be huge.

They are getting pieces back on both sides of the ball and you could see quite a bit of the "old 49ers" yesterday.

Really hoping for some glimmer of hope from Shanahan this week.

• Thanks 1

Speaking Tuesday, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he was "holding out hope" George Kittle (foot) and Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) would return before the end of the regular season. 

“I’m holding out hope for ... the last couple of weeks. They’re just starting to get into where they get on the field and not with us but on their own to do some stuff,” Shanahan said of his No. 1 weapon and quarterback. Shanny emphasized it is not "guaranteed" that either player returns this season. Kittle was slapped with an eight-week timeline upon going down four weeks ago, though he said he thought he would be back sooner. In an absolute best case scenario, Kittle would probably still miss the next two games. Re-draft players without I.R. spots in roster crunches could be forced to make the difficult decision to cut Kittle loose, though he is the sort of talent you hold onto at all costs while his status is still uncertain.  

RELATED: 

Jimmy Garoppolo

SOURCE: San Jose Mercury News 

Dec 1, 2020, 2:44 PM ET

Kittle would only come back if the Niners are in the playoff race. Otherwise we wont see him again this year.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/amp/49ers-Ford-among-trio-that-won-t-return-in-15766909.php

Meanwhile, there was guarded optimism that Garoppolo (ankle) and Kittle (foot) could contribute in the regular season. Both are on injured reserve, have missed the past three games and won’t return to practice this week.

Shanahan indicated they won’t return unless the 49ers (5-6) are in playoff contention. Their postseason chances were bolstered with a 23-30 win over the Rams on Sunday.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oooooh

GEORGE KITTLE
TE, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

George Kittle (broken foot) is "very optimistic" about returning this season. 
“They said eight weeks; I said six,” Kittle said Tuesday. He has been sidelined four weeks. “And I’m excited. These last couple days have definitely progressed forward and made me very optimistic about returning to the field of play." Kittle said he has made great progress in the past week. "If you’d ask me that six days ago, I would’ve been a little less optimistic. The last week has been really good for me.” It sounds like Week 15 against the Cowboys would be an absolute best-case scenario for the seam stretcher. Week 16 might be more likely. Kittle is slowly ramping up football activities. He has resumed working out on his own. 

SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area
Dec 1, 2020, 5:48 PM ET

• Love 1