Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: TE George Kittle, 49ers

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ian Rapoport✔@RapSheet Good news for the #49ers on TE George Kittle: No tears or structural damage on his separated shoulder after tests. Not serious. 12:03 PM - Aug 10, 2018

If you are like me and got Kittle in your lineup with no protection if he's out I got some potentially good news to add to that last post. Shefter is saying he is expected to play. Breida as well

Turns out that the "Fake ID" of college football actually had some good players on that 12-0 team.  Cowherd is such a tool. Iowa may never contend for a championship when other school can recruit

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

If he doesn't play this week, you still gotta trust him in week 16 even with the possibility of limited snaps, right? TE is just so bad.

Looking at my bench and having Goedert and Kittle was dropped...looking like I will pick him up to stash in hopes I make it to the finals

18 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Looking at my bench and having Goedert and Kittle was dropped...looking like I will pick him up to stash in hopes I make it to the finals

Kittle was my overall second pick after taking CMC #1. I also have Goedert. Kinda nice to see both CMC and Kittle kick some ### still this year.

Rotoworld take:

49ers designated TE George Kittle (foot) to return from injured reserve.

It opens Kittle's 21-day practice window. Kittle has been targeting a Week 15 return, but that may be a stretch given he hasn't played in over a month. Still, this is a positive step for the star tight end. With Deebo Samuel sidelined, Kittle would immediately regain top-five TE1 status if he plays against the Cowboys.

Dec 16, 2020, 2:47 PM ET

George Kittle (foot, injured reserve) practiced on Thursday.

Since Kittle remains on I.R., he will not receive an official practice designation. It does not appear Kitlte has a real shot at returning for Sunday's game against the Cowboys, but Week 16 is now highly realistic. If Kittle does not cleared for the fantasy semifinals, he will be more of a mid-range option than the top-two we are used to as we assess his health on a possible snap count. 

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter 

Dec 17, 2020, 5:37 PM ET

3 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
4 hours ago, scothawk said:

Hope he comes back in 16 or 17 and smashes it. I'm selling in dynasty this off season. 

How come you're selling? My stance is he's one of the best TEs out there, when healthy, at a position that is surely lacking play makers. Is it because of injuries?

I see where Scothawk is coming from as a Kittle owner. For me, it’s not his injuries but the situation. Run first offense, the emergence of Aiyuk adding to Deebo that siphons away targets from Kittle, bad QB situation.

Kittle is obviously supremely talented and still provides a big advantage over the bulk of TEs. But he fantasy gap between him and Kelce has become much wider IMO with or without the injury.

Edited by zamboni
16 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I see where Scothawk is coming from as a Kittle owner. For me, it’s not his injuries but the situation. Run first offense, the emergence of Aiyuk adding to Deebo that siphons away targets from Kittle, bad QB situation.

Kittle is obviously supremely talented and still provides a big advantage over the bulk of TEs. But he fantasy gap between him and Kelce has become much wider IMO with or without the injury.

Who do you feel comfortable replacing him with? TE toughest position to have a stud at IMO. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Yeah I agree with most of this, but I'm not sure it means I should be selling him. I don't know that not being Kelce is a good enough reason. If he gets severely watered down in SF, I feel like that is the kind of thing that is a bigger impact on a WR than for a TE. For fantasy. Using the same example, I'm a bit leery of either Deebo or Aiyuk when they're all healthy. To have a watered down WR hurts your lineup more than a watered down TE. 

But I mean I think there is about zero chance they don't feature him in their game plans every week. He's going to get targets. Aiyuk and Deebo would seemingly draw *some* kind of attention such that Kittle targets may be of a high quality, the QB situation notwithstanding. 

39 minutes ago, foxco said:

Who do you feel comfortable replacing him with? TE toughest position to have a stud at IMO. 

True - Waller, *maybe* Hockenson. It’s still an advantage having Kittle, just not as big as it once seemed to be.

1 hour ago, zamboni said:

Don’t discount how much Mullins relies  on him. I swear Kittle does better with Mullins and Beathard than Jimmy G

5 hours ago, Sarlakticacid said:

Don’t discount how much Mullins relies  on him. I swear Kittle does better with Mullins and Beathard than Jimmy G

No question. Kittle became a star when those two guys, not Jimmy G, were at the helm as Jimmy G was recovering from injury. As we know, Beathard was Kittle's college QB and they had instant chemistry. Unfortunately, next year it will be Jimmy G again until they decide the pull the plug on him and go in a different direction.

10 hours ago, foxco said:

Bottom line is I have a decent team but need another RB and anther stud LB. Picking 7 or 8 I think I can maybe get the RB if I get lucky or there is a run on QB. I know  I can get the LB.

The drop off from Kittle (who is elite when healthy and the offense uses him) to another TE  + starting RB is probably something I can take. Add in the IDP points from the LB and this is a net win for my team.

He is OUT this week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/18/george-kittle-wont-play-this-sunday/

Tight end George Kittle was back on the practice field for the 49ers this week, but he won’t be in their lineup against the Cowboys on Sunday.

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said on Friday that Kittle won’t be activated from injured reserve this week. He said there’s a chance that Kittle could be back from his foot injury for the team’s Week 16 game against the Cardinals.

Edited by Wingnut

I’d be surprised if Kittle suited up for the last two games with the team having been eliminated.

Sucks for fantasy, but the best thing is for him to stay healthy and rest up for next year (says the dynasty owner who is also out of the title hunt).

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I’d be surprised if Kittle suited up for the last two games with the team having been eliminated.

Sucks for fantasy, but the best thing is for him to stay healthy and rest up for next year (says the dynasty owner who is also out of the title hunt).

Knock it off, Zamboni lol, us Kittle owners want to have a lil hope and eager anticipation of a potential play. I'd love to see my first two picks crack my lineup this week: CMC and George Kittle. 

1 hour ago, zamboni said:

I’d be surprised if he didn’t play this week(says the redraft owner who would love to have him championship week)

• Like 1

Oh boy...maybe ESPN projections had it right this morning...come on...

GEORGE KITTLETE, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan believes George Kittle (foot) has a "chance" to return for Saturday's game against the Cardinals. 

“If he’s good, I plan on him playing,” Shanahan said Tuesday. Kittle is not the type of player who will accept a shut down, while this is in line with his initial timeline. If Kittle can give it a go for the fantasy finals, he will be catching passes from C.J. Beathard. Despite his health and quarterback question marks, Kittle will immediately slot back in as a top-four option if he goes. 

SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Dec 22, 2020, 2:33 PM ET

8 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

Would be a tough call if he plays. He hasn’t exactly been automatic this year. Two great games, four average to subpar games in the six played. 

Plus 3rd string QB. Have Hock who almost lost it for me last week and have no idea who I will start if Kittle plays. Guessing Kittle for upside but no sure thing at all.

25 minutes ago, foxco said:

Plus 3rd string QB. Have Hock who almost lost it for me last week and have no idea who I will start if Kittle plays. Guessing Kittle for upside but no sure thing at all.

As noted above, Beathard was Kittle’s QB in college. When Kittle developed into a star, it was Beathard and Mullens throwing to him while Garapolo was hurt. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

Would be a tough call if he plays. He hasn’t exactly been automatic this year. Two great games, four average to subpar games in the six played. 

Kittle's worst game this year was his last game: 2-39-0. And he got hurt in the game (obviously).

That's 5 PPR points.

And that's better than what I have been getting from C. Kmet, A. Hooper, J. Cook, J. Atkins, etc. name your revolving door TE.

If Kittle is active he's starting for me.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Kittle's worst game this year was his last game: 2-39-0. And he got hurt in the game (obviously).

That's 5 PPR points.

And that's better than what I have been getting from C. Kmet, A. Hooper, J. Cook, J. Atkins, etc. name your revolving door TE.

Obviously if you are starting lower tier guys already he’s a plug and play but what if you are starting Hock, Henry, Fant etc? Decision becomes a lot more difficult. Kittle got hurt in the 4th quarter. His four average games this season are 2-39, 4-44, 4-44 and 5-55 with no TDS in any of them. 

Just now, fruity pebbles said:

Obviously if you are starting lower tier guys already he’s a plug and play but what if you are starting Hock, Henry, Fant etc? Decision becomes a lot more difficult. Kittle got hurt in the 4th quarter. His four average games this season are 2-39, 4-44, 4-44 and 5-55 with no TDS in any of them. 

Think if you need ceiling you go Kittle. I know that's what I need this week based on projections.

If I was projected as a favorite or even, I'd probably play it safe especially if there's any doubt whatsoever with Kittle come Saturday.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:
9 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

That's 5 PPR points.

Agree on both takes. Unless you also have Kelce, Waller or maybe Hockenson, you’re starting Kittle.

But I also agree with fruity pebbles that even when he’s been healthy, you have to temper expectations for Kittle. He may be as talented as Kelce, but his situation is far inferior no matter who is throwing the ball. What could help though is Samuel being out.

Edited by zamboni
35 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

That's 5 PPR points.

Yeah. His upside was better than what I have been rolling with.  I ended up dropping Goedert (opponent has Andrews and Gesiki...so no worries i cant decide Saturday to grab Goedert back) 

Edited by sho nuff

At #1 draft pick I went CMC. At #2 draft pick I went George Kittle. Be nice to play them both this week.

Kittle sits on IR at the moment. I managed to work my way to Goedert. I did have Hockenson but traded him to upgrade elsewhere.

Now here we are week 16 and still alive. I admit I am giddy over Kittle and most likely will drop an Agholor or Connor to make room to play him. Gotta hang onto Goedert as our league goes the full 17 weeks.

My prediction is Kittle suits up and plays. He'll be on a pitch count and used at appropriate times. He'll be monitored as to his effectiveness. One slight aggravation could also be it for Kittle. I think he'll go balls to the walls for as long as he can. 

Niners Nation

@NinersNation

No signs of Richard Sherman or Javon Kinlaw at 49ers practice.

George Kittle looks like George Kittle.

Jauan Jennings was rehabbing off to the side running sprints and catching passes.

3:04 PM · Dec 23, 2020 from Phoenix, AZ·Tweetbot for iΟS

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Kittle missed Weeks 2-3 with a knee injury.

His first game back:

99% snaps

15 targets

15 receptions

183 yards and a TD

Thats all you need to know.

Who was the QB?

This is an honest question, idk. 

The third stringer would concern me

Edited by belljr
2 hours ago, belljr said:

Who was the QB?

This is an honest question, idk. 

The third stringer would concern me

Mullens (29 passes that game) and Beathard (19 passes that game). Not sure how the Kittle targets break down between them.

Beathard was QB when Kittle became a superstar...and they were college teammates, I wouldn't be worried at all about a lack of targets for Kittle this week.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1