What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (1 Viewer)

Razors Edge said:
Do not forget, the offense in the passing game runs through him.

He isnt just a extra player and nice guy to have, he is the passing attack on this team.

Aiyuk and Deebo are there to play the B side of the tape. 
Things change as well. Nothing is 100% certain. Especially in 2020

Because he's their best player? Because although your fanatsy team may no longer have anything to play for, NFL teams don't go out on the field trying to lose.

I hate to be devils advocate here because I'm a Kittle manager as well in a Championship match. Why play Kittle now? They are playing for nothing and he is just coming back from a foot injury. I just do not see the point or what would the 49er's gain by playing Kittle.
for one thing, kittle has been practicing and said to be 100% and shanahan said that he will play if he is considered medically cleared.

for another, coaches and players want to win every game and while they might take somewhat of a long-term approach in certain situations, they still want to continue to build their resumes.

also, a broken bone is generally different than muscle or ligament injuries in that once it is healed, it's healed.  there's much less ambiguity about whether the player is ok to go or not.  though in the case of a foot, i would say that a little more caution might be warranted.

Its about being a gamer. Not all are Kawhi Leonard, some want to play if healthy. 

John Lynch from this piece...

“First and foremost, it’s a medical issue. He broke that bone, the cuboid one in his foot, and we’ve been incredibly patient with the healing process. George attacks everything with such vigor and he’s attacked the rehab incredibly hard.

“It’s not as if he just woke up and said, ‘OK, I’m going to play.’ There’s been a build up that has gone far beyond which you would typically do.

“Last week, frankly, he was cleared but we all decided, let’s just give him a week of practice. As George likes to say, he was scout team player of the week. There was a guy wearing (No.) 85 who was dicing up our defense.
And I just lost Hunter Henry, HELLO Kittle

In my kittle vs Tonyan decision im trying to be aware of how much of it would be ego-related - where there’s a part of me that wants to have pulled a “shark move” to win the cup by having had the foresight to pick him up a few weeks ago.  

A lot will come down to the results from tomorrow’s game and the early Saturday game for me - with floor vs upside being the main decision between the two.

I have the kittle or reed or hooper dilemma....

I almost wish he was out so I don't second guess myself 😅

I would go Kittle if he is playing and you are having to choose from middling TEs.  Most TEs are super erratic and this is the playoffs!!!  He is not going to be on a pitch count if he plays.  People are gun shy now because of the Keenan Allen thing, but this is a way different situation.  Kittle feels like he is done with his injury, he is not attempting to play through it.   The only risk is that he is going to get reinjured, but seeing that it leaked out that he was  'scout team player of the week', that must mean he is balling in practice and going full speed. 

Plus, think about this...this is a division game.  In my many years of NFL fandom, I have definitely noticed that dudes are way more keyed up for division games and certain conference rivalries no matter what the record.  I guarantee that the 49ers would like nothing more than to help eliminate the Cardinals from the playoffs.   Plus I think AZ is a blitz heavy team, that could be either bad for Kittle or it could be great.  But if he plays the whole game, what would bad look like?  9 or 10 targets, 4 - 5 catches, 40 - 60 yards?  That is not that bad in ppr as a floor.  The ceiling could be 25 plus. 

Fwiw when I was 16 I too fractured a bone in my foot. Don't remember if it was cuboid or my metatarsal.   I had to stay off it. Then wore a boot for 2 weeks.  It was tender but after I was able to run on it I felt fine after a few days.  

And I'm not a professional athlete.  I broke it right before baseball season, I didn't miss much time luckily 

So I guess my point is, I don't think this is a lingering type injury ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Its Kittle or some  middling TE averaging 3-4 points.  Ill go with the beast 

Now if I had Tonyan...hard to notmplay a guy scoring a TD just about every week.

I’m planning on starting him. Have waller at TE so would be for flex. Because of some injuries/suspension (fuller) it’s between Mike Davis, David Johnson, chad Henson, Tonyan and kittle. Was gonna go tonyan but Kittle is to good. Probably is tired of hearing abt how great Kelce is and he’s abt to come back and remind everyone that there’s another super stud TE in the league.

Just seems kind of odd to bring him back with 2 weeks left. 
People always say things like this yet year after year healthy players play even when their teams are eliminated from the playoffs. All the signs point to him being healthy and playing - now it doesn’t guarantee a good game but who is guaranteed of that?

I've got J. Cook and Kmet. So easy decision for me. Both of those guys have floors of zero so in you go Kittle.

Think it would be hard for me to sit Kittle unless I had Kelce or Waller. That's about it. Maybe Andrews too.

Well it was still sore last week according to the presser.  I agree though if the bone is healed then it is healed. It's not uncommon with a fracture to have some ligament issues not that there was any I'm aware of but if he was sore last week I think that points to something was not at 100% which could be the reason why they gave it extra time. 
It was probably sore because he wasn’t putting pressure on his foot for six weeks and things stiffen up when casted. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf5WtyOxUjU

George Kittle presser posted 15 hours ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4DP7kQj7zo

Kyle Shanahan presser posted 15 hours ago. 

Good information.  He will be on a snap count according to Kyle's presser. George said he will play hard for as many plays as they let him.  Not direct quote but something like that.
Is it worth a shot Buckeye? I guess unless you already have a top 3-5 TE he fits into the mix. My other guy is Goedert. That's the line I believe. Goedert is the over / under for a TE start mix. 

Honestly. I have no idea. I have not looked at any projections for Goedert.  I think Kittle could be a better play with CJ throwing to him. I'm sure there is a level of comfort for CJ throwing to Kittle. I like the QB comfort with CJ to Kittle more than I do Hurts to Goedert.  Dallas defense has been playing pretty well lately. I'm not sure how they have done against tight ends. Arizona historically  has been bad against the tight end position but lately has played well.  I'm not looking at that stat right now but did hear on a radio show that the last month they have played well against tight ends.  I would go Kittle but I would research a bit more on the projections and look into who Hurts has been throwing too.  I would play Kittle if I was you but understand the risk. I hate when players and coaches talk about pitch counts.  You need to really hope he scores in the first half and puts up like 5 receptions for like 50 yards in  the first half because there is a risk that he sees a significant drop off in targets in 2nd half.

I think it also depends if you are playing it safe or need higher ceiling.  Kittle no doubt has the higher ceiling.
I'm playing Kittle for the Halibut and because he's a stud, and I enjoy watching him play balls to the wall. Kittle > Goedert for me. He's my #2 overall pick after taking CMC #1. Still alive even without these first two picks not panning out. 

Pitch count has me considering Logan Thomas over him. My man has been piling up the receptions.
I’m in the same boat and it’ll probably come down to the SF game time before I make my decision. I’m a four point underdog so It’s a tough one to figure out 

Seems to be a lot of concern with the quarterback situation as well.  They may run the ball a lot more due to trying to protect CJ. Rosen clearly will not be anything more than a break glass emergency QB.  Rosen won't nearly be ready with the playbook or terminology other than basic plays if something should happen to CJ per Shanahan.  I'm going with Tonyan and see where the chips fall. I could be totally be wrong. I love George Kittle the player and person. I hope he smashes it. I traded the 1.4 for him for a reason but at some point you have to make a decision. I could consider him in the flex over Tyrone Johnson but need to see status of Allen and Williams. Kittle at the end of his presser mentions Tonyan should have made the pro bowl and goes on a mini rant. If you have the time watch his presser it's pretty funny. The dude is entertaining.
I'm playing against Rodgers and Tonyan this week. I'm just hoping that Tonyan stays out of the end zone, because he is TD dependent and has been scoring them too. Kittle or Goedert and I just gotta go Kittle. Yep, hope he smashes it. 

I've got Mark Andrews and hockenson and just added kittle. 

Considering Andrews at the, but putting little in at the flex over lockett

In my kittle vs Tonyan decision im trying to be aware of how much of it would be ego-related - where there’s a part of me that wants to have pulled a “shark move” to win the cup by having had the foresight to pick him up a few weeks ago.  

A lot will come down to the results from tomorrow’s game and the early Saturday game for me - with floor vs upside being the main decision between the two.
I’m off the train w my brady and bucs d now making me a decent favorite.  Good luck to those of you starting him today!

Looks like nobody said they were actually playing him...everyone has posted in the last day+ I have Kittle and blank blank....that's my decision. 

Nobody has a strong opinion. Is he starting and is he playing the whole game? Is the QB total flaming dog poop? Why risk Kittle if you have a Tonyan or whoever?...

Less than 30 minutes, SOUND OFF or hold your post until next summer.

I'm starting him, but don't have any other option. Easy choice for me.

From the presser videos he seemed like a guy that was excited to play and Shanahan seems to be treating him like any other healthy player on the roster.

I'm starting him, but don't have any other option. Easy choice for me.

From the presser videos he seemed like a guy that was excited to play and Shanahan seems to be treating him like any other healthy player on the roster.
So you feel he is not on a pitch count?

I’m starting him over Tonyan because I need the high ceiling, but not feeling great about with the pitch count shanahan mentioned 

3 - 69

I'm ok with this outcome vs my options reed or hooper 

Fix stat off by a yard

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread