What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (1 Viewer)

Just heard some cool insight on the radio on how the terms of Kittle’s contract changed.

basically he told the Niners he didn’t care about the vanity of it. What he wanted was to know he could go out there every Sunday and play “like a raging bull” and be protected so if he got hurt he wouldn’t be screwed by it.

niners agreed that’s how they want him to play & they reworked the deal.

ya gotta love this guy. 

Just heard some cool insight on the radio on how the terms of Kittle’s contract changed.

basically he told the Niners he didn’t care about the vanity of it. What he wanted was to know he could go out there every Sunday and play “like a raging bull” and be protected so if he got hurt he wouldn’t be screwed by it.

niners agreed that’s how they want him to play & they reworked the deal.

ya gotta love this guy. 
Now score more than 5 TDs kthx!

George Kittle (hamstring) returned to practice on Wednesday.

The San Jose Mercury's Cam Inman notes that Kittle "looked sharp with his burst and cuts" during his first practice since dealing with "hamstring soreness" last week. The 49ers wisely limited his reps to preserve him for what should be a monster 2020 season. With Deebo Samuel (foot) and Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) questionable for Week 1, Kittle is locked into top-two fantasy rankings against the TE-vulnerable Arizona Cardinals. Kittle is a rock-solid second-round pick for those drafting in September.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Sep 2, 2020, 6:42 PM ET

I just worry about the health of the offense overall. Kittle was basically going to be option 1A anyway so as an owner I want as big of an offensive pie as possible. 

Good to see Kittle back in the 2nd half, but the fact that he wasn’t targeted at all is a bit concerning that there may be more to this injury than what has been communicated.

Good to see Kittle back in the 2nd half, but the fact that he wasn’t targeted at all is a bit concerning that there may be more to this injury than what has been communicated.
Agreed. Injury only happened because his QB threw a terrible pass and left him hanging out to dry.  Ugh.

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said TE George Kittle suffered a knee sprain in Week 1 against the Cardinals.

He sustained it while leaping for a ball Jimmy Garoppolo sailed over his head in the first half. It's only Monday, but it sounds as if Kittle is shaping up to be a question mark ahead of Week 2. His availability in practice will be worth monitoring throughout the week.

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Sep 14, 2020, 7:20 PM ET

Jimmy G is probably feeling worse than Kittle today, or at least should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Kittle (knee) did not practice Wednesday.

Coach Kyle Shanahan actually said Kittle will not practice all week but could still play Week 2 against the Jets, though the Niners don't need him in order to beat that dumpster fire. Still, it would be tough for fantasy players to miss out on Kittle against the cake-walk Jets. Even if he does suit up, Kittle won't play his normal snap share and would be at less than 100 percent. Kittle sprained in his knee in the opener.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Sep 16, 2020, 3:42 PM ET

Hard to think Kyle Shanahan will run Kittle out there again if the 49ers get a big lead. He's going to be hard to start for me. 

This guy seems like the toughest mofo in football. Sometimes I do wish he'd just sit out a game or two like everyone else though.
No doubt. Insane that he was back in the game on Sunday after the injury. When I saw it I thought there was a chance his season was over. He’s awesome. 

49ers TE George Kittle (knee) did not practice Thursday. 

As expected. Head coach Kyle Shanahan said Kittle wouldn't practice all week after suffering a scary knee injury against Arizona. If Kittle is a go with week against the Jets, he probably won't see his normal usage. Jordan Reed should be picked up in deeper tight end premium formats. 

RELATED: 

Jordan Reed

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter 

Sep 17, 2020, 3:46 PM ET

They don't need him to beat the Jets. He probably could go but this is better for his longterm outlook this season. With this crap start to the season though he likely won't finish in the top 5 TE. Could see him missing week 3 too. 

He's hurt because I own him. Sorry guys. Lol 

They don't need him to beat the Jets. He probably could go but this is better for his longterm outlook this season. With this crap start to the season though he likely won't finish in the top 5 TE. Could see him missing week 3 too. 

He's hurt because I own him. Sorry guys. Lol 
I blame you for Singletary too. ;)

Alex P Keaton said:
I blame you for Singletary too. ;)
Sorry brother. I feel bad for that one. I'm shocked they went into the offseason wanting to figure out how they could take Singletary off the field. 

yoman said:
Please draft early and post the results so we know who to avoid.  Hopefully this is just precautionary. Rolling with Jonnu this week.
This is my dynasty team

Mahomes 

Baker 

David Johnson 

Singletary 

Bell

Conner

Snell

Samuels

Fournette 

Tyreek 

Chark 

Diontae johnson 

Marvin Jones 

Fitzgerald 

Bryan Edwards 

Kittle 

Goedert 

Akins (was Jarwin)

Zuerlein 

Buffalo D

You've been warned.

I've lost the most valuable player in the league for 3-4 years running.

This is my dynasty team

Mahomes 

Baker 

David Johnson 

Singletary 

Bell

Conner

Snell

Samuels

Fournette 

Tyreek 

Chark 

Diontae johnson 

Marvin Jones 

Fitzgerald 

Bryan Edwards 

Kittle 

Goedert 

Akins (was Jarwin)

Zuerlein 

Buffalo D

You've been warned.

I've lost the most valuable player in the league for 3-4 years running.
Last year I picked Barkley 1.01.  

this year I traded for MT and Kittle two weeks ago.  

It does but last year I limped in to the playoffs as the 8 seed at 5-8 and won the Super Bowl and points title with no Godwin or cook week 16.   So you never know.  It’s a marathon. 
5-8 teams winning it all is exactly why no one should be playing in 8-team playoff leagues.

There's no way around it, guy right before me in the 3rd took Kelce, I blurted out Kittles name quickly, just seemed the right time. 

Golladay went right after Kittles in my league, Lev Bell a couple more, then Evans(MissedWk 1), Godwin(will Miss Week 2), this was a real sketchy area of the draft it seems. 

Now Kittles OUT in Week 2, double whammy plus you are typically a little weaker at other spots when you go TE in 2nd/3rd

5-8 teams winning it all is exactly why no one should be playing in 8-team playoff leagues.
I guess.  I was the total points leader.  Five of my losses were as the 2nd or 3rd highest points losing to 1st or 2nd.   So it seemed right. 

I guess.  I was the total points leader.  Five of my losses were as the 2nd or 3rd highest points losing to 1st or 2nd.   So it seemed right. 

I've seen plenty of 5-8 teams with better all-play records that 1/2 the playoff donkeys.
Then play Victory points or something or based on total points.  If you're going to make head to head record the main and only way of rewarding teams to make playoffs, then a 5-8 team shouldn't make it.  8 teams makes reg season pointless, playoffs are mostly luck.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers believe TE George Kittle (knee) will return in Week 3 against the Giants.

Kittle has already been ruled out of Week 2 due to the MCL sprain he suffered in his opener versus the Cardinals. San Francisco is getting a bit of help this week with Mohamed Sanu on the roster and Brandon Aiyuk expected to play. Those two alone don't fill the void left behind by Kittle. He's one of the few tight ends who can stay on the field every snap because he excels as a blocker and receiver. He posted 53 total yards in the first half of Week 1 before the knee injury effectively ended his day.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 20, 2020, 9:14 AM ET

He may be out only one week, but as tough as he is, has to be a bit concerning that his numbers may suffer a bit this year if he’s not 100% for some time.

I'd like him to sit 1 more week 

(if for no other reason than to avoid that same field in NY that shredded knees & ankles week 2)

I'd like him to sit 1 more week 

(if for no other reason than to avoid that same field in NY that shredded knees & ankles week 2)
Between what the 9ers players were saying post game and the quality of opponent I do not expect Kittle to play this week.

George Kittle (knee) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Kittle should be on track to play Week 3 against the Giants, but the conditions of the turf at MetLife Stadium reportedly may keep Kittle out for another game. Jordan Reed would get another week as a TE1 play if Kittle sits. Nick Mullens is expected to start under center.

Sep 23, 2020, 3:59 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said George Kittle (knee) has a chance to play Week 3 against the Giants. 

Kittle, who was limited in Wednesday's practice, could miss just one game with a scary-looking Week 1 injury. His status for the team's Thursday and Friday practices will be worth watching. If he's a full go this week against the Giants, fantasy managers should plug Kittle into their lineups. If not, those who scooped up Jordan Reed will have another chance to roll him out. 

RELATED: 

Jordan Reed

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 24, 2020, 1:23 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread