What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (3 Viewers)

even if he does play, i am assuming he will serve a limited role.

going to play one of the following over him.

aj brown

dionte johnson

oj howard

it's not pretty.

Rotoworld:

George Kittle (knee) is questionable for the 49ers' Week 12 matchup against the Packers.

Ross Dwelley has posted 92% and 90% snap rates in two games with Kittle inactive. He hasn't cleared even 30 receiving yards in 21 career games, but obviously coach Kyle Shanahan trusts the undrafted second-year TE enough to feature him near the end zone. Treat Dwelley as a touchdown-dependent TE2 if Kittle remains sidelined. Obviously Kittle should be fired up as a high-end TE1 if active regardless of the matchup.

SOURCE: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Nov 22, 2019, 4:50 PM ET

Obviously depends on what your other options are but I think he's worth the risk waiting for. Tons of desperation TE available if you want to wait like Dwelly, Graham, Everett, Higbee, and Hurst. 

(thehuddle) San Francisco 49ers TE George Kittle (knee, ankle) is expected to play Sunday, Nov. 24, in Week 12.

Analysis: Of course we'll have to wait until pregame Sunday night to be certain, but it's looking like Kittle could be back following a two-game absence and bring his fantasy owners an early Thanksgiving

I hope to god he plays because I have no backup plan that plays Sunday or Monday. Starting him is gonna be the fantasy equivalent of doing it without a “hat” if you catch my drift 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Own hi in two spots. Have Dwelley as a backup in one....and no other options likely to score more then a couple points in the other

Own hi in two spots. Have Dwelley as a backup in one....and no other options likely to score more then a couple points in the other
I hope we find out before 1:00 if he’s on a pitch count, or is a full go with no restrictions. Since the guy is a beast, I’m leaning toward the latter, but still hope we hear something 

I'm trusting him and putting Hollister on the bench and inserting Kittle and James Washington in. I don't have a safety net if 7:00 rolls around and he doesn't feel right in warmups. 

I hope we find out before 1:00 if he’s on a pitch count, or is a full go with no restrictions. Since the guy is a beast, I’m leaning toward the latter, but still hope we hear something 
Doubt it- we are just going to have to trust him.

From a fantasy standpoint, I can see a pedestrian game, but he's paramount for drawing coverage and opening up Sanders and Deebo, as well as his blocking and helping the run game. This game and the Saints game are the 2 they NEED to win to keep their chances for a 1st round bye. They can drop the Baltimore game and still might be ok, but they lose this one and they go from 1st seed to 5th seed, they can't afford to lose that much ground and hope Seattle or New Orleans get tripped up.

Then again, this is Kittle and he could go off for 75+ and 2 TDs.

George Kittle caught all six of his targets for 129 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' Week 12 win over the Packers.

Kittle was playing through a broken bone in his ankle. Despite that, he still got behind the Packers secondary and was left wide open for a 61-yard touchdown off play-action late in the third quarter. It’s an explosive return for Kittle after missing the last two weeks. Kittle may not be 100 percent and is at risk of in-game setbacks, but he'll be a high-end TE1 for a Week 13 matchup with the Ravens.

Nov 24, 2019, 11:57 PM ET

George Kittle (knee/ankle) was a limited participant for Wednesday's practice.

Kittle has reportedly been limited with a "broken ankle" for two straight weeks but has still pasted the Packers and Ravens for a total 8/146/1 in that stretch. He'll suit up and start as a TE1 against New Orleans in Week 14.

SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 4:30 PM ET

George Kittle caught 6-of-8 targets for 67 yards and one touchdown in the 49ers' Week 14 win over the Saints.

Kittle scored from five yards out in the third quarter, diving at the pylon for the touchdown. But his biggest play of the game was a 39-yard catch-and-run on 4th-and-2 with less than a minute to play with the Niners trailing 46-45. Kittle caught the pass right at the sticks, turned up field, and dragged three defenders with him, channeling his inner Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski. It was a literal grown-man play to set up the game-winning field goal. Kittle will be an elite TE1 next week at home against the Falcons.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:17 PM ET

George Kittle caught 13-of-17 targets for 134 yards in the 49ers' Week 15 loss to the Falcons.

It was an embarrassing effort from the San Francisco offense, but Kittle himself looked dominant in all aspects of the game. He manhandled defenders while run blocking and accounted for 67% of the Niners' 200 receiving yards. It was one of the best games from a tight end this season and the highest reception total of Kittle's young career. Kittle will be locked inside the top three at the position next week against the Rams. He had 103 yards the last time they met.

George Kittle caught 5-of-8 targets for 79 yards and one touchdown in the 49ers' Week 16 win over the Rams.

Kittle once again proved why he's the best or second-best tight end in the league. In addition to demolishing defenders while blocking, Kittle was a near-impossible cover for the Rams' secondary. He found room over the middle for chunk first-down gains and made a contested touchdown grab to bring the 49ers into the hunt in the fourth quarter. A big throw from Jimmy Garoppolo to Emmanuel Sanders on the last drive led to a game-winning field goal to bring the 49ers to 12-3. They'll finish the regular season in Seattle next Sunday.

This guy is now as fun to have as Gronk once was. He should also be considered a first round pick next year. I know this was a hot argument during the hight of Gronk and Graham dominance but I had a lot of success back then locking down one (and in some cases both of those TEs).

Like Gronk, seems like health is going to be the big concern for Kittle considering how physical he plays. Kelce is a bit more of a finesse guy, and in a more high powered offense, which may keep him slightly above Kittle for the next few years.

(FantasyPros) George Kittle caught 7-of-7 targets for 86 yards in the 49ers' 26-21 Week 17 win over the Seahawks, adding seven rushing yards on one carry. Analysis: Kittle finishes the season with 85 receptions, 1053 receiving yards, and five touchdowns in 14 games. The lack of TDs is what hurt his fantasy production the most. We expect that to correct in 2020. For now, the 49ers have a bye in the first round of the playoffs, however.

Users who are viewing this thread