What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (2 Viewers)

Good article.

Summarizes my mild concern about Kittle's future fantasy prospects going forward. While game script won't always be that favorable (from a team standpoint that is, unfavorable for fantasy), the last two games have shown that the Niners can control the ball and not have to throw much, limiting Kittle's fantasy stats. Plus, he's such a great blocker that sometimes he stays in to block on passing downs. All this plus the emergence of Samuel makes me wonder if we've already seen his fantasy ceiling.

Love Kittle as an NFL player, but definitely see Kelce as the better fantasy option considering the respective offenses and QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
49ers TE George Kittle told the Pardon My Take podcast that his right shoulder labrum is completely torn.

Kittle said the injury occurred in a 2018 preseason game. He stated, "So I dislocated my shoulder last year ... and my labrum is completely torn. So I don’t get surgery on it — [The protective sleeve] basically helps me, so it doesn’t hurt all the time." Kittle added that there's "no chance" he gets surgery on the shoulder because "I can't miss those workout days, man." It sounds like Kittle is enough of a warrior to continue to play through the pain, although it'd probably be in his best long-term interest to get the problem fixed one of these offseasons.

SOURCE: Pardon My Take

Jan 27, 2020, 5:36 PM ET

Kittle says he pukes before every game

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/134051-george-kittle-says-pukes-before-every-49ers-game/

Reading a traditional letter from his father isn't the only thing George Kittle routinely does before kickoff. It turns out, Kittle, who is preparing to play in Super Bowl LIV against the Kansas City Chiefs, throws up before each game. The tight end revealed this during the most recent Pardon My Take podcast.

"If you honestly want to know, as soon as we come back in from warmups, I go puke," Kittle said when asked about his pre-game traditions. "One hundred percent (true), every game. It does make me feel better."

Kittle added: "I usually go in there with a hat on backwards to hold [my hair] back.

That isnt the only thing Kittle does before each kickoff. Kittle also looks to get that first punishing hit out of the way as soon as possible. Maybe too soon.

"I always think, alright, I'm a step faster now," Kittle continued. "That's my positive mindset, and then as soon as we're walking out, I put my helmet on, and I headbutt a wall almost as hard as I can. So I learned that the first hit always hurts the most, so get it out of the way, and then there's no first hit."

With it being Kittle, it's unknown if we can assume this to be true. Maybe someone out there has first-hand experience watching Kittle leave the field after warmups, bang his head against a wall, and then go into a bathroom to throw up.

Love Kittle's fearlessness and desire, but gotta get that shoulder fixed before next contract, no?
Id definitely think so, even though he says he wont. I mean, how long of a rehab/recovery period can there be? Get it fixed ASAP, take some time to relax, and get back into the swing in spring. They can keep him from contact up until the season starts.

George Kittle caught 4-of-7 targets for 36 yards in the 49ers' Super Bowl LIV loss to the Chiefs.

In a tier with Travis Kelce ahead of the rest of the NFL’s tight ends, Kittle took a small statistical step backward as the 49ers rode a dominant rushing attack to the Super Bowl but still balled out for 85/1,053/5. Kittle missed two games with a painful knee injury and also dealt with ankle issues. Amazingly, he revealed Super Bowl week that he has been playing through a torn labrum in his shoulder since the 2018 preseason. An offseason operation or two could be required, but the 26-year-old should be healthy well in advance of Week 1. Kittle’s offseason story will be his contract, which is up after 2020. He will undoubtedly be angling for a deal that makes him the league’s highest-paid tight end. With Kittle being a bone-crushing run blocker in addition to his pass-catching prowess, the 49ers are sure to prioritize getting him extended.

:lmao:  That’s one of the worst takes I have ever seen.  He’s an incredible blocker and a big reason they ran the ball so well to get to the SB.
I think he's talking about fantasy purposes, which is a legitimate beef. As mentioned up thread, part of what may keep him out of the top spot fantasy wise is his incredible blocking. With Samuel emerging, Kittle is no longer the only viable receiving option on his team, and the team has Kittle stay in sometimes on passing downs. 

I think he's talking about fantasy purposes, which is a legitimate beef. As mentioned up thread, part of what may keep him out of the top spot fantasy wise is his incredible blocking. With Samuel emerging, Kittle is no longer the only viable receiving option on his team, and the team has Kittle stay in sometimes on passing downs. 
I might be wrong but I think shady is a Niners fan.  If that’s the case, I doubt he was talking fantasy.   :shrug:  

Jimmy will be top 10 (again) next year, and will only get better.

Maybe go root for a new team if you dint understand football.

How many people are talking about fantasy in the SB?  I don't think he understands the game very well and Kittle's importance to the 49ers offense doing things that don't show up in the box score.  If he blocks well and they dominate MIN and GB, who cares if he has 150 yards receiving or not?  They lost to a great coach, QB, and team tonight.  Can't ever imagine my first thought would be to come into this thread and complain about what Kittle has done for his team.

The 49ers would never run as well as they did all season without Kittle.  When he missed games during the regular season, their run game suffered tremendously.  He might end his career as the best run blocking TE to ever play.  Completely bizarre criticism.

To be fair, that's what you do when you have a top-notch defense (even if not this game) and a strong running game.
Oh yeah, Shanahan has a really effective offense. I just don't see Jimmy G being unleashed the way Matt Ryan was a few years ago in Atlanta with Shanny.  

Bit of a tough call on Kittle.  Correct, but tough.  Even though correct it is not called more often than not.
They are definitely calling offensive PI more often, and I think it's a good thing.  Receivers get away with it all the time.  DB's have been hamstrung for years and now the pendulum is swinging back a lil bit.

Oh, and George Kittle is a bigger, stronger, faster, Joe Dirt.

NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the 49ers and contract-year TE George Kittle are "far apart" in extension talks. 

"I don't care about the tight end market, I'm being paid to do a George Kittle deal," were the words of Kittle's agent. Kittle's rep referenced Kittle's elite blocking and leadership in addition to his pass-catching prowess up the seam. Kittle, understandably, doesn't want to be lumped in with Austin Hooper's recent deal. He wants to blow it out of the water and likely will. 

SOURCE: Mike Silver on Twitter 

May 30, 2020, 10:55 AM ET

The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports George Kittle's extension could end up in the range of $13 million per season. 

Barrows' report is via "someone in the know." That would make Kittle the highest-paid tight end by a comfortable margin — amongst players on multi-year deals, Austin Hooper is the current leader at $10.5 million per season — but perhaps isn't the bank-breaking number some might expect. Kittle's extension has arrived at an awkward time, as the league is staring at potential revenue shortfalls in a fanless season. That would lower the 2021 salary cap. NFL Network's Mike Silver reported in May the sides were "far apart." Kittle's agent has talked up his ability as a blocker and leader in addition to pass catching. It's safe to say Kittle isn't in the market for a hometown discount. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jul 1, 2020, 10:29 PM ET

Questions remain about Jimmy Garoppolo, but deep 49ers motivated coming off Super Bowl loss

Excerpt:

George Kittle's 2020 ADP puts him smack in between the likes of Chris Godwin, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Kenny Golladay, Mike Evans, and OBJ. Are you comfortable selecting him here among these big names at glamour positions, or is it better to pass?

Dalton: Kittle is the only player I’d consider in the first three rounds of a draft who’s not a running back, as he could be set for a historic season at tight end. He’s an injury risk but also just led the NFL (including WRs) in yards per route run (and RACR) by a wide margin, and he’s the clear No. 1 target on an underrated passing offense with Deebo Samuel suffering a Jones fracture. I’m still likely to go RB at that stage of drafts, but Kittle also has a green light schedule (the NFC West is going to be high-scoring this season) and appears to have taken the offseason seriously. Since he has the upside (he led the NFL in nullified TDs over just 14 games last season) to separate himself from the rest of his position unlike any other, Kittle is a smart second-round pick (and far superior to Godwin, Evans and OBJ).

Scott: Kittle is a viable alternative in the second round, if you don’t love the wideouts there (or if you feel you can do just as well with Round 3 receivers, which you likely can). Kittle’s modest touchdown counts are probably a stone fluke; some year, even by accident, he’s going to score 8-10 times. If you remove quarterbacks from the debate, Kittle might be the most valuable player in the entire league.

Matt: In the wake of the Deebo Samuel injury, much of the industry has been in hot debate about who will be the next man up. Does Dante Pettis return from the wilderness? Will Brandon Aiyuk get off to a hot start? Is Jalen Hurd the ultimate super sleeper? To me, the answer to any of those questions hasn’t been all that important, as I’m projecting the big riser in the wake of Samuel’s loss to be none other than George Kittle. The Iowa product set a career-high 136 targets back in 2018 but I think he could smash that number in 2020. We saw two tight ends post 150-plus in 2018 (Kelce and Ertz) as issues arose in the receiver corps around them. That’s already the case in San Francisco. Kittle is set up for a monster season as the center of this passing game’s universe.

49ers GM John Lynch expects contract-year TE George Kittle to report on time to training camp. 

Lynch said the team has remained in close contact with Kittle's reps and is working hard to get a deal done. The 2021 salary cap adjustment is another variable as the sides work through a unique situation for a unique player. Kittle was never considered a genuine holdout risk. He wants to play, and the 49ers seem to be operating in good faith. 

SOURCE: Matt Barrows on Twitter 

Jul 28, 2020, 11:33 AM ET

It still pains me that I traded him for a 2nd rd rookie pick years ago before knowing what Kittle would do.  I suppose we all have had those moments.

.........   what do we think about 49ers reportedly sniffing around J. Reed & D. Walker ?? ........   if they sign one of those 2 is Kittle still a lock for 1,000+ 5+ if he plays 14-16 games ?

.........   what do we think about 49ers reportedly sniffing around J. Reed & D. Walker ?? ........   if they sign one of those 2 is Kittle still a lock for 1,000+ 5+ if he plays 14-16 games ?
I wouldn't let either of those two worry you about Kittle's production.

It still pains me that I traded him for a 2nd rd rookie pick years ago before knowing what Kittle would do.  I suppose we all have had those moments.
We all have done that. I grabbed Kittle off the WW his rookie season. So somebody got nothing for him in my league. 

The 49ers and TE George Kittle are "not particularly close" to a contract extension, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Kittle is entering the final season of his rookie contract and did report to 49ers' facilities on time, so there will not be a holdout. The two sides have negotiated, but "it just hasn't happened yet," Rapsheet concluded. Kittle is not going anywhere, as he is the team's best offensive player. Hunter Henry (on the franchise tag) and Austin Hooper are currently the highest paid players at the position. Kittle should send the tight end market to another planet whenever a new deal is agreed to.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 29, 2020, 10:02 AM ET

The 49ers and TE George Kittle are "not particularly close" to a contract extension, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Kittle is entering the final season of his rookie contract and did report to 49ers' facilities on time, so there will not be a holdout. The two sides have negotiated, but "it just hasn't happened yet," Rapsheet concluded. Kittle is not going anywhere, as he is the team's best offensive player. Hunter Henry (on the franchise tag) and Austin Hooper are currently the highest paid players at the position. Kittle should send the tight end market to another planet whenever a new deal is agreed to.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 29, 2020, 10:02 AM ET
When a new deal is agreed to it will be record breaking for a TE.  He deserves to be the highest paid TE IMO.

I don't like the fact that Kittle doesn't have a new deal more than the Jordan signing ......   hearing Kittle wants WR $ ......  

Just signed to a 6 year/$94.8 million deal. That's $15.8 million per season. $47.4 million guaranteed (50 percent), with a $25 million signing bonus.

According to Sleeper.

Not so fast, says Kittle

George Kittle seemingly shoots down Sports Illustrated report that a contract extension is imminent

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138581-george-kittle-seemingly-shoots-illustrated-contract-extension-imminent/

That was short-lived. Grant Cohn of Sports Illustrated — not too long ago today — reported that the San Francisco 49ers were on the cusp of a six-year, $94.8 million contract extension for All-Pro tight end George Kittle.

Don't celebrate just yet

Kittle himself replied via Twitter, asking, "Y'all believe everything you read on the internet, huh?"

There you go.

Cohn's report stated that the 49ers would announce the new deal on Friday. It sounds like this is news to Kittle. or it could be that the details simply have not been finalized. We'll find out in the coming days.

Meanwhile, Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports that his sources indicate that there is "healthier progress" toward a new deal between the two sides, but that nothing has been agreed to yet.

"The sides have not reached any agreement, league sources indicated Wednesday to NBC Sports Bay Area," wrote Maiocco, "but they appear to be making 'healthier progress' toward a deal that is expected to make Kittle the highest-paid tight end in the NFL by a wide margin."

In Cohn's defense, he did begin his report with "Take this for what it's worth," before offering up significant contract details.

NBC Sports' Matt Maoicco reports the 49ers and George Kittle are making progress on a contract extension.

The two sides took a negotiations break in the summer months, but those talks have picked up this week. Both parties likely want to reach an agreement before the season kicks off, and it could happen at any second. When it's announced, Kittle will likely have the most lucrative tight end contract in the league's history. Kittle's earned every penny with elite pass-catching ability, blocking-ability, and leadership. He's the total package and one of the most valuable non-quarterback's in the entire league. Kittle should be drafted in the second round of fantasy drafts, especially with potentially Deebo Samuel facing a multi-week absence to start the year.

SOURCE: NBC Sports

Aug 12, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

Not so fast, says Kittle

George Kittle seemingly shoots down Sports Illustrated report that a contract extension is imminent

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138581-george-kittle-seemingly-shoots-illustrated-contract-extension-imminent/

That was short-lived. Grant Cohn of Sports Illustrated — not too long ago today — reported that the San Francisco 49ers were on the cusp of a six-year, $94.8 million contract extension for All-Pro tight end George Kittle.

Don't celebrate just yet

Kittle himself replied via Twitter, asking, "Y'all believe everything you read on the internet, huh?"

There you go.

Cohn's report stated that the 49ers would announce the new deal on Friday. It sounds like this is news to Kittle. or it could be that the details simply have not been finalized. We'll find out in the coming days.

Meanwhile, Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports that his sources indicate that there is "healthier progress" toward a new deal between the two sides, but that nothing has been agreed to yet.

"The sides have not reached any agreement, league sources indicated Wednesday to NBC Sports Bay Area," wrote Maiocco, "but they appear to be making 'healthier progress' toward a deal that is expected to make Kittle the highest-paid tight end in the NFL by a wide margin."

In Cohn's defense, he did begin his report with "Take this for what it's worth," before offering up significant contract details.
Oh interesting! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread