Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

TE George Kittle, SF


Faust

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, belljr said:

3 - 69

I'm ok with this outcome vs my options reed or hooper 

Fix stat off by a yard

 

 

Been streaming TEs most of the year.  This output has been above my average.  So happy with it.  

And he adds more...

8 more yards...come on!!!

Edited by sho nuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Quote

George Kittle caught 7-of-9 targets for 68 yards in San Francisco's Week 17 loss to Seattle.

Kittle's 63 targets were his fewest since his rookie year. Those numbers can be chalked up to his injury-marred season, returning from an opening-week knee injury and fractured foot on separate occasions. Even in playing in a career-low eight games, Kittle closed the year averaging the third-most fantasy points (15.6) among tight ends behind Travis Kelce (20.9) and Darren Waller (17.4). Assuming he returns at full health for camp, Kittle will likely be discussed at the second-round turn of 2021 fantasy drafts.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:09 AM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

George Kittle is unquestionably one of the league's best tight ends...and he's somehow yet to score more than 5 TDs in a season. Crazy.

----------------------------------

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Lowest TD rates among all tight ends with 350+ targets over the past decade:

  • 1. Evan Engram - 3.7%
  • 2. George Kittle - 3.8%
  • 3. Heath Miller - 3.8%
  • 4. Charles Clay - 4.0%
  • 5. Zach Ertz - 4.3%
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

What, if anything, do you see changing with Kittle this year?

 

I have been out of the loop the entire offseason. Will the rook rely on him or will the WRs and RBs steal significant touches from him? 
 

with his injury history and perhaps better QB, who May utilize all the SF weapons, I’m not sure what to expect. He seemed to do way better with the backup QBs as they only looked to him

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sarlakticacid said:

What, if anything, do you see changing with Kittle this year?

 

I have been out of the loop the entire offseason. Will the rook rely on him or will the WRs and RBs steal significant touches from him? 
 

with his injury history and perhaps better QB, who May utilize all the SF weapons, I’m not sure what to expect. He seemed to do way better with the backup QBs as they only looked to him

 

Truly wondering the same thing. Got an interesting offer with him in a package. Intrigued but can't sell myself on him. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Kittle but will likely be avoiding him as I think his ADP is a bit rich.  I think Aiyuk is a rising star and I love Deebo as well plus the way Kittle goes all out every play I worry about his body holding up for a 17 game season.  Love the dude and think he's a baller but won't be taking him unless he falls until the 4th/5th range.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pipes said:

I like Kittle but will likely be avoiding him as I think his ADP is a bit rich.  I think Aiyuk is a rising star and I love Deebo as well plus the way Kittle goes all out every play I worry about his body holding up for a 17 game season.  Love the dude and think he's a baller but won't be taking him unless he falls until the 4th/5th range.  

This is by far the reason why I won't have him unless he falls to a deep value proposition. Love the guy, but he's reckless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Faust changed the title to TE George Kittle, SF
1 hour ago, The General said:

Nothing about this guy since July!

Kittle getting no looks. Offense with Jimmy G looks awful. Anyone trading for him?

I'd be willing to buy low on him, if I didn't have Kelce or Hockenson on my 2 teams this year.

I think his lack of targets has been a direct effect of the 49ers not really being challenged yet this season. If he stinks against GB, then I'll be concerned, however if he blows up this week, he's right back to being almost untouchable.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been trying to buy low and no one is selling so far.  Maybe I've been shooting too low.

Offered the following...

Eli Mitchell, 2022 First
for
Kittle

Tyreek, Evans, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
for
Kittle, AJB

No bites nor counters.

To be fair in the leagues where I have Kittle people have come to me looking to buy and I haven't been interested in selling him at a discount.

I don't think his value has really budged much yet.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I've been trying to buy low and no one is selling so far.  Maybe I've been shooting too low.

Offered the following...

Eli Mitchell, 2022 First
for
Kittle

Tyreek, Evans, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
for
Kittle, AJB

No bites nor counters.

To be fair in the leagues where I have Kittle people have come to me looking to buy and I haven't been interested in selling him at a discount.

I don't think his value has really budged much yet.

 

 

Whelp, nevermind.  Guy who originally rejected this trade just sent it back to me.  I guess he changed his mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, travdogg said:

I'd be willing to buy low on him, if I didn't have Kelce or Hockenson on my 2 teams this year.

I think his lack of targets has been a direct effect of the 49ers not really being challenged yet this season. If he stinks against GB, then I'll be concerned, however if he blows up this week, he's right back to being almost untouchable.

I’m trying to buy low it redraft to upgrade my WR room which is putrid. But it would come at the expense of shipping over Waller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

George Kittle caught 7-of-9 targets for 92 yards in Week 3 against the Packers.

Both are season highs for Kittle, who was held to 17 yards on four catches last week. He's still yet to score a touchdown through three games, but this was his highest target share. Kittle is now up to 187 yards and 15 catches on the season. He'll be a top-five play at tight end against Seattle in Week 4.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

George Kittle (calf) is expected to remain sidelined for Thursday's practice. 

Coach Kyle Shanahan has claimed he is not worried about Kittle's Week 4 status as the superstar tight end deals with "soreness," but he is now legitimately questionable to suit up against the Seahawks. Even a "limited" Friday session would put Kittle on track to play. If Kittle can't go, Ross Dwelley is the next pass-catching tight end up for the Niners. He would not be on the TE2 radar. As of Thursday afternoon, we are still guessing Kittle will play. 

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter 

Sep 30, 2021, 3:32 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

I sat Kittle this week and started…. Uzomah!  😆

 

Send me a PM in regards to whatever your crystal ball says about this weeks winning lottery numbers............thanks.

 

 

 TZM

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (calf) is "not guaranteed" to play in Week 4 against the Seahawks. 

Kittle's Week 4 status is looking far shakier than it did a couple days ago. He wasn't able to practice Thursday due to calf "soreness." Shanahan sounded unconcerned with Kittle's status until his Friday comment. Another DNP for Kittle on Friday and he could be on the wrong side of questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. Ross Dwelley is likely to serve as the Niners' primary tight end if Kittle sits against Seattle. Dwelley would be a reasonable streaming option in deeper leagues if Kittle is sidelined. 

RELATED: 

Ross Dwelley

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2021, 10:13 AM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What makes Kittle so great is what makes him so injury prone. He plays balls to the wall and does so much of the dirty work beyond pass catching, often wreaking havoc on his body, A bit like vintage Gronk in that capacity. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, the dreaded 4:00 GTD. I don't have another TE on my roster, don't have anyone I would want to drop (would probably have to go with Ty'Son) and the most obvious pick-up candidates all play at 1:00 (Conklin, Schultz). 

I think I may just take my chances and, if necessary, pick up Brate (assuming Gronk is sitting). The advantage of that strategy is that the only player I have going in SNF/MNF is my kicker, so hopefully by the end of the Sun afternoon games I'll have a good idea of whether my match-up is still competitive. If it's not I would just take the zero at the position so I don't have to drop anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ignatiusjreilly said:

Ugh, the dreaded 4:00 GTD. I don't have another TE on my roster, don't have anyone I would want to drop (would probably have to go with Ty'Son) and the most obvious pick-up candidates all play at 1:00 (Conklin, Schultz). 

I think I may just take my chances and, if necessary, pick up Brate (assuming Gronk is sitting). The advantage of that strategy is that the only player I have going in SNF/MNF is my kicker, so hopefully by the end of the Sun afternoon games I'll have a good idea of whether my match-up is still competitive. If it's not I would just take the zero at the position so I don't have to drop anyone.

 

 I might try and snag Dawson Knox.  He is just as good a dart throw as any, and on that high flying offense, theres always a shot at a TD.  (FFW said the amount of blocking he is asked to do is very small this season compared to the past)

 

 ON KITTLE -  Kittle owners everywhere are going to hate me for this one. I actually prefer he sits this week, or even better he plays "limited" and doesn't do much of anything.

I'm trying to buy him low from a few frustrated owners, and one more weak game and I think I can snatch him away.

 Bonafide stud when he is on the field, period. Seriously, who else are you going to trot out there if you have him?    (Unless you drafted 2 TEs early like a goose)

 

I'm actually rooting for him to sit, so I can get him cheap, AND HE WILL BE FRESH LATER IN THE SEASON .

 

 

 TZM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ignatiusjreilly said:

Ugh, the dreaded 4:00 GTD. I don't have another TE on my roster, don't have anyone I would want to drop (would probably have to go with Ty'Son) and the most obvious pick-up candidates all play at 1:00 (Conklin, Schultz). 

I think I may just take my chances and, if necessary, pick up Brate (assuming Gronk is sitting). The advantage of that strategy is that the only player I have going in SNF/MNF is my kicker, so hopefully by the end of the Sun afternoon games I'll have a good idea of whether my match-up is still competitive. If it's not I would just take the zero at the position so I don't have to drop anyone.

This made me run to my lineup and see what my backup’s game time is. Robert Tonyan with a 4pm game as well. Phew!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would still check in the morning but this is potentially good news:

 

Quote

San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle, recovering from a calf injury that kept him on the sideline most of the week, is expected to play Sunday against the visiting Seattle Seahawks, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32327615/san-francisco-49ers-george-kittle-calf-expected-play-vs-seattle-seahawks

Edited by John123
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, John123 said:

Good news, although would be great to have something more definitive. With a 4PM game, sounds like a bit of the roll of the dice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Good news, although would be great to have something more definitive. With a 4PM game, sounds like a bit of the roll of the dice.

As of now I'm sitting him where my backup has a 1 PM game and starting him where my backup has a 4 PM or later game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

As of now I'm sitting him where my backup has a 1 PM game and starting him where my backup has a 4 PM or later game. 

I'm rolling with him regardless, because I don't have a backup and it would force me to drop someone I'd rather not for someone like Knox, Conklin or Kmet.

Edited by zamboni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently starting Higbee in his place, hoping that game is a shootout and I assumed Kittle was almost certainly out. This is a tough decision, go with a not 100% Kittle who hasn't been all that amazing anyway (but always potentially could have a big game) or go with a backup who might do squat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Super Sleeper TE spot this week due to Everett being on the Covid list for Seattle in the same game....you know it folks

-Will Dissly: When this guy is upright and getting snaps he usually is making plays. In 2019 he strung 3 games in a row with 22-18-18 with like 4 TDs and since Seattle isn't very good on defense and they might need more than 1 or 2 targets, you could see Dissly having a very sneaky game today for Seattle. 

74 targets over his career have produce 59 receptions and 8 Tds, there's not a lot on the waiver wire and if Dissly gets the start, already 4 for 4 on targets for almost 80 yds on the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Dissly as well and am starting him in a 2 TE league alongside Uzomah.  Would love if my trash TEs lead the league in TE scoring this week.

In the leagues I have Kittle (a lot of them) I am starting him, even when I don't have a 4pm backup.  Starting him over Goedert (1pm) in one of those leagues too.  I didn't pay up for Kittle to sit him when it looks like he's going to play.  Could hurt bigtime but I am rolling with my dude here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I like Dissly as well and am starting him in a 2 TE league alongside Uzomah.  Would love if my trash TEs lead the league in TE scoring this week.

In the leagues I have Kittle (a lot of them) I am starting him, even when I don't have a 4pm backup.  Starting him over Goedert (1pm) in one of those leagues too.  I didn't pay up for Kittle to sit him when it looks like he's going to play.  Could hurt bigtime but I am rolling with my dude here.

Same here, of course I am matched up vs Kelce from the other Manager.  Hope he can do something, also have to start Sermon so I hope this game has a little scoring and is not a defensive struggle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scothawk said:

Dynasty owner here and Im going to listen to offers. For today im benching him in favour of Logan Thomas. None of my leagues allow lineup changes after the early kick offs.

sucks now that logan is out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Targets were good but a very inefficient day. Wonder how much the calf was bothering him. If Lance remains the starter, that’s not a good thing for Kittle to turn things around.

Edited by zamboni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Faust changed the title to TE George Kittle, SF

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...