What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (4 Viewers)

3 - 69

I'm ok with this outcome vs my options reed or hooper 

Fix stat off by a yard
Been streaming TEs most of the year.  This output has been above my average.  So happy with it.  

And he adds more...

8 more yards...come on!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
George Kittle caught 7-of-9 targets for 68 yards in San Francisco's Week 17 loss to Seattle.

Kittle's 63 targets were his fewest since his rookie year. Those numbers can be chalked up to his injury-marred season, returning from an opening-week knee injury and fractured foot on separate occasions. Even in playing in a career-low eight games, Kittle closed the year averaging the third-most fantasy points (15.6) among tight ends behind Travis Kelce (20.9) and Darren Waller (17.4). Assuming he returns at full health for camp, Kittle will likely be discussed at the second-round turn of 2021 fantasy drafts.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:09 AM ET

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

George Kittle is unquestionably one of the league's best tight ends...and he's somehow yet to score more than 5 TDs in a season. Crazy.

----------------------------------

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Lowest TD rates among all tight ends with 350+ targets over the past decade:

• 1. Evan Engram - 3.7%
  • 2. George Kittle - 3.8%
  • 3. Heath Miller - 3.8%
  • 4. Charles Clay - 4.0%
  • 5. Zach Ertz - 4.3%

What, if anything, do you see changing with Kittle this year?

I have been out of the loop the entire offseason. Will the rook rely on him or will the WRs and RBs steal significant touches from him? 

with his injury history and perhaps better QB, who May utilize all the SF weapons, I’m not sure what to expect. He seemed to do way better with the backup QBs as they only looked to him

What, if anything, do you see changing with Kittle this year?

I have been out of the loop the entire offseason. Will the rook rely on him or will the WRs and RBs steal significant touches from him? 

with his injury history and perhaps better QB, who May utilize all the SF weapons, I’m not sure what to expect. He seemed to do way better with the backup QBs as they only looked to him
Truly wondering the same thing. Got an interesting offer with him in a package. Intrigued but can't sell myself on him. 

I like Kittle but will likely be avoiding him as I think his ADP is a bit rich.  I think Aiyuk is a rising star and I love Deebo as well plus the way Kittle goes all out every play I worry about his body holding up for a 17 game season.  Love the dude and think he's a baller but won't be taking him unless he falls until the 4th/5th range.  

I like Kittle but will likely be avoiding him as I think his ADP is a bit rich.  I think Aiyuk is a rising star and I love Deebo as well plus the way Kittle goes all out every play I worry about his body holding up for a 17 game season.  Love the dude and think he's a baller but won't be taking him unless he falls until the 4th/5th range.  
This is by far the reason why I won't have him unless he falls to a deep value proposition. Love the guy, but he's reckless.

Nothing about this guy since July!

Kittle getting no looks. Offense with Jimmy G looks awful. Anyone trading for him?
I'd be willing to buy low on him, if I didn't have Kelce or Hockenson on my 2 teams this year.

I think his lack of targets has been a direct effect of the 49ers not really being challenged yet this season. If he stinks against GB, then I'll be concerned, however if he blows up this week, he's right back to being almost untouchable.

I've been trying to buy low and no one is selling so far.  Maybe I've been shooting too low.

Offered the following...

Eli Mitchell, 2022 First
for
Kittle

Tyreek, Evans, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
for
Kittle, AJB

No bites nor counters.

To be fair in the leagues where I have Kittle people have come to me looking to buy and I haven't been interested in selling him at a discount.

I don't think his value has really budged much yet.

I've been trying to buy low and no one is selling so far.  Maybe I've been shooting too low.

Offered the following...

Eli Mitchell, 2022 First
for
Kittle

Tyreek, Evans, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd
for
Kittle, AJB

No bites nor counters.

To be fair in the leagues where I have Kittle people have come to me looking to buy and I haven't been interested in selling him at a discount.

I don't think his value has really budged much yet.

Whelp, nevermind.  Guy who originally rejected this trade just sent it back to me.  I guess he changed his mind.

I'd be willing to buy low on him, if I didn't have Kelce or Hockenson on my 2 teams this year.

I think his lack of targets has been a direct effect of the 49ers not really being challenged yet this season. If he stinks against GB, then I'll be concerned, however if he blows up this week, he's right back to being almost untouchable.
I’m trying to buy low it redraft to upgrade my WR room which is putrid. But it would come at the expense of shipping over Waller.

George Kittle caught 7-of-9 targets for 92 yards in Week 3 against the Packers.

Both are season highs for Kittle, who was held to 17 yards on four catches last week. He's still yet to score a touchdown through three games, but this was his highest target share. Kittle is now up to 187 yards and 15 catches on the season. He'll be a top-five play at tight end against Seattle in Week 4.

George Kittle (calf) is expected to remain sidelined for Thursday's practice. 

Coach Kyle Shanahan has claimed he is not worried about Kittle's Week 4 status as the superstar tight end deals with "soreness," but he is now legitimately questionable to suit up against the Seahawks. Even a "limited" Friday session would put Kittle on track to play. If Kittle can't go, Ross Dwelley is the next pass-catching tight end up for the Niners. He would not be on the TE2 radar. As of Thursday afternoon, we are still guessing Kittle will play. 

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter 

Sep 30, 2021, 3:32 PM ET

Despite Shanahan’s proclamation, need to see him practice tomorrow. Don’t really want to have to pick up another TE.

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (calf) is "not guaranteed" to play in Week 4 against the Seahawks. 

Kittle's Week 4 status is looking far shakier than it did a couple days ago. He wasn't able to practice Thursday due to calf "soreness." Shanahan sounded unconcerned with Kittle's status until his Friday comment. Another DNP for Kittle on Friday and he could be on the wrong side of questionable for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. Ross Dwelley is likely to serve as the Niners' primary tight end if Kittle sits against Seattle. Dwelley would be a reasonable streaming option in deeper leagues if Kittle is sidelined. 

RELATED: 

Ross Dwelley

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2021, 10:13 AM ET

Ugh, the dreaded 4:00 GTD. I don't have another TE on my roster, don't have anyone I would want to drop (would probably have to go with Ty'Son) and the most obvious pick-up candidates all play at 1:00 (Conklin, Schultz). 

I think I may just take my chances and, if necessary, pick up Brate (assuming Gronk is sitting). The advantage of that strategy is that the only player I have going in SNF/MNF is my kicker, so hopefully by the end of the Sun afternoon games I'll have a good idea of whether my match-up is still competitive. If it's not I would just take the zero at the position so I don't have to drop anyone.

Ugh, the dreaded 4:00 GTD. I don't have another TE on my roster, don't have anyone I would want to drop (would probably have to go with Ty'Son) and the most obvious pick-up candidates all play at 1:00 (Conklin, Schultz). 

I think I may just take my chances and, if necessary, pick up Brate (assuming Gronk is sitting). The advantage of that strategy is that the only player I have going in SNF/MNF is my kicker, so hopefully by the end of the Sun afternoon games I'll have a good idea of whether my match-up is still competitive. If it's not I would just take the zero at the position so I don't have to drop anyone.

I might try and snag Dawson Knox.  He is just as good a dart throw as any, and on that high flying offense, theres always a shot at a TD.  (FFW said the amount of blocking he is asked to do is very small this season compared to the past)

ON KITTLE -  Kittle owners everywhere are going to hate me for this one. I actually prefer he sits this week, or even better he plays "limited" and doesn't do much of anything.

I'm trying to buy him low from a few frustrated owners, and one more weak game and I think I can snatch him away.

Bonafide stud when he is on the field, period. Seriously, who else are you going to trot out there if you have him?    (Unless you drafted 2 TEs early like a goose)

I'm actually rooting for him to sit, so I can get him cheap, AND HE WILL BE FRESH LATER IN THE SEASON .

TZM

This made me run to my lineup and see what my backup’s game time is. Robert Tonyan with a 4pm game as well. Phew!!!

I added Brate in the two leagues I have Kittle so I can pivot to him if Kittle sits since Gronk is out. I feel like he plays, though. 

As of now I'm sitting him where my backup has a 1 PM game and starting him where my backup has a 4 PM or later game. 
I'm rolling with him regardless, because I don't have a backup and it would force me to drop someone I'd rather not for someone like Knox, Conklin or Kmet.

Currently starting Higbee in his place, hoping that game is a shootout and I assumed Kittle was almost certainly out. This is a tough decision, go with a not 100% Kittle who hasn't been all that amazing anyway (but always potentially could have a big game) or go with a backup who might do squat.

My Super Sleeper TE spot this week due to Everett being on the Covid list for Seattle in the same game....you know it folks

-Will Dissly: When this guy is upright and getting snaps he usually is making plays. In 2019 he strung 3 games in a row with 22-18-18 with like 4 TDs and since Seattle isn't very good on defense and they might need more than 1 or 2 targets, you could see Dissly having a very sneaky game today for Seattle. 

74 targets over his career have produce 59 receptions and 8 Tds, there's not a lot on the waiver wire and if Dissly gets the start, already 4 for 4 on targets for almost 80 yds on the season. 

I like Dissly as well and am starting him in a 2 TE league alongside Uzomah.  Would love if my trash TEs lead the league in TE scoring this week.

In the leagues I have Kittle (a lot of them) I am starting him, even when I don't have a 4pm backup.  Starting him over Goedert (1pm) in one of those leagues too.  I didn't pay up for Kittle to sit him when it looks like he's going to play.  Could hurt bigtime but I am rolling with my dude here.

I like Dissly as well and am starting him in a 2 TE league alongside Uzomah.  Would love if my trash TEs lead the league in TE scoring this week.

In the leagues I have Kittle (a lot of them) I am starting him, even when I don't have a 4pm backup.  Starting him over Goedert (1pm) in one of those leagues too.  I didn't pay up for Kittle to sit him when it looks like he's going to play.  Could hurt bigtime but I am rolling with my dude here.
Same here, of course I am matched up vs Kelce from the other Manager.  Hope he can do something, also have to start Sermon so I hope this game has a little scoring and is not a defensive struggle. 

Dynasty owner here and Im going to listen to offers. For today im benching him in favour of Logan Thomas. None of my leagues allow lineup changes after the early kick offs.

Wish I had sold "semi-high" after he had a few catches last week.  I'm still gonna try this week in case someone still thinks he's "elite".

Targets were good but a very inefficient day. Wonder how much the calf was bothering him. If Lance remains the starter, that’s not a good thing for Kittle to turn things around.

Users who are viewing this thread