What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (4 Viewers)

Any Kittle owners nervous about CJB potentially sitting tomorrow? I actually have OJ Howard available, though I was keeping him as insurance at my flex in case Tyreek sits (which fortunately is looking less likely as of now).

I'm leaning toward starting Kittle regardless. He's performed all year regardless of QB play, and I could definitely see an inexperienced QB relying on him over the WRs.
I won’t play him if Beathard sits. An inexperienced QB may indeed lean on him, but the offense may go nowhere and limit any stats.

I've been worried about this and even thought of trading him but I guess I will wait it out and ride him tomorrow. Glad I got rid of Breida before this though, yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are like me and got Kittle in your lineup with no protection if he's out I got some potentially good news to add to that last post.

Shefter is saying he is expected to play. Breida as well for that matter(that guy won't go down).

The other good news was two 49'er beat writers, including Maiocco who Rotoworld used for the update Faust posted, tweeted in last hour that it's Cole Wick who looks inactive and that's why they promoted a TE.

At this point it looks like Kittle is going to be active.
LOL didn't see the date on this and thought it was now

I won’t play him if Beathard sits. An inexperienced QB may indeed lean on him, but the offense may go nowhere and limit any stats.
Yuck. Used Kittle most weeks this year due to Graham not panning out. Really don't want to use Graham at all, he gets like 2 looks a game with all the receivers healthy.

zftcg said:
Any Kittle owners nervous about CJB potentially sitting tomorrow? I actually have OJ Howard available, though I was keeping him as insurance at my flex in case Tyreek sits (which fortunately is looking less likely as of now).

I'm leaning toward starting Kittle regardless. He's performed all year regardless of QB play, and I could definitely see an inexperienced QB relying on him over the WRs.
In a vacuum vacuum would probably sit Kittle given the QB situation, but Hill being downgraded to limited today has me nervous. If Hill sits I literally have no one to use in my flex on Sunday. I think I may just roll the dice on Kittle and hope for the best.

Do we know anything about Mullens? I follow football pretty closely and had literally never heard of him before this week.

Annnd I don't want to trade him away tonight because yaknowwhat he's a damned good tight end who can have big games. So next week vs NYG may very well be a good start. Kind of jammed here.

Sitting him for Seth Roberts (TE not required) and I picked up the Oakland D on the Nick Mullens news. 

Nick Mullens is starting at QB. An undrafted rookie. I doubt if Kittle blows up.
Mullens is in his second year with the 49ers. He's been on the practice squad for the most part, but he should have knowledge of Shanahans offense at least. Shanahan has kept him around so he must see something with him. Not much of a runner at all, completion percentage was over 60% in his last few college seasons. Not a big guy, probably why he wasn't drafted.

Nick Mullens (USM, that's Favruh's school y'all) held off Tom Savage for the backup position apparently.

The 49ers were the only team that brought in Mullens for a pre-draft visit in 2017. When he went undrafted after a record-setting career at Southern Miss, he signed with the 49ers as a free agent.

After Mullens received his promotion with the 49ers last week, he received a congratulatory text from Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, the most famous Southern Miss football alum.

“He came around a couple times a year,” Mullens said of Favre. “And after I graduated, I got to work with him for a couple of days, throw the routes, talk ball, watch film.
2015 CUSA player of the year, Mullens threw for 62 TDs his last 2 seasons (25 games) (2015-16) at USM.

He wears No. 4 just like You Know Who.

Well, most thought Beathard would hurt Kittle and he didn’t, so maybe Mullens won’t either. :shrug:  

Annnd I don't want to trade him away tonight because yaknowwhat he's a damned good tight end who can have big games. So next week vs NYG may very well be a good start. Kind of jammed here.
Yeah I’ve had some crap offers for him and Olsen. Right now the depth is worth more than what ends up being backup players for my team most weeks.

I love Kittle but I'm staying away tonight. I'm blessed with pretty good FLEX depth on a solid dynasty roster so that helps. I still hope he does well as that would be a good indication that he truly is a top tier asset. I don't think any of us is really sure about that yet.

Well, most thought Beathard would hurt Kittle and he didn’t, so maybe Mullens won’t either. :shrug:  
The drop off from QB2 to QB3 is frequently worse than from QB1 to QB2. Remember a few years ago when the Cards lost Palmer and had to use Stanton, then lost Stanton and had to start Ryan Lindley in a playoff game?

I'm starting Kittle tonight, but my expectations are very low.

From Rotoworld:

In limited preseason action, Mullens completed 31-of-43 (72 percent) for 396 yards (9.21 YPA), one touchdown and three interceptions. All 49ers receiving weapons need to be slightly downgraded.

Just bought him in Dynasty... Gotta start him over Reed even with the QB situation.  Wonder if the 49ers are trying to win (meaning lose) the toilet bowl here and get that 1st overall draft pick. 

It's a tough call for many of us. If Beathard is having trouble gripping a ball, I don't see how he is even the back-up QB.

And now he may be hurt. Can anyone tell what it was? Didn't look like he took a shot to the head. Maybe shoulder/arm?

Annnnnnd he's hurt. Sorry guys I traded for him in redraft and own him in one dynasty. I'm sure he's out thevrest of the year now. Lol

Unfortunately Kittle is being virtually ignored by this new QB. Doesn't look good for the second half. 

Looks like lots of QBs would do well in Kyle's system. Kittle may still do well in this game. Next year, he's top 5.

He's on my bench for Tyrell Williams because of the QB. Never again. Shanahan is an offensive genius. And the Oakland D is very bad.

He ran off ok but still looked a little gimpy after that last catch and low tackle. Hope he is ok. 

Love this guy. I think hes going to be the conversation with Ertz and Kelce in the near future
This was a dangerous week for him. Yes the Raiders suck but it is a 3rd string QB and the game flow was working against him. Then he just goes into full Gronk mode with that catch he had no business catching and he exploded away from the defense. 

Yes I agree with you. He is right up there with Ertz and Kelce, and he plays on a team that likely will have to pass a ton on weeks they aren't playing the Raiders.

Users who are viewing this thread