What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (3 Viewers)

He ran off ok but still looked a little gimpy after that last catch and low tackle. Hope he is ok. 
So far he hasn't been on the field for this drive. Score would dictate they shouldn't use him unless he is perfectly fine. Still I am a bit worried.

This was a dangerous week for him. Yes the Raiders suck but it is a 3rd string QB and the game flow was working against him. Then he just goes into full Gronk mode with that catch he had no business catching and he exploded away from the defense. 

Yes I agree with you. He is right up there with Ertz and Kelce, and he plays on a team that likely will have to pass a ton on weeks they aren't playing the Raiders.
I agree with you but isn't that true for every player? The thing I like most about Kittle (other than his talent) is that Shanny is obviously trying to get him as involved as possible. Right now he's the centerpiece of the offense. I never feel like he has really bad game scripts because he's guaranteed to be so involved.

Kittle has not been on the field after his last catch. The score is out of hand so I dont expect he will be back now but it is something to monitor going forward. Looked like a ankle thing to me. Thankfully he will have longer to recover before the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Kittle caught all four of his targets for 108 yards with one touchdown in the 49ers Week 9 win over the Raiders.

There were questions surrounding the 49ers offense with undrafted QB Nick Mullens starting in his first NFL game, but Mullens played like a polished vet. After an injury scare that momentarily sent him to the locker room, Kittle made a sick one-handed catch over the middle that he ended up taking for 71 yards before he finished the drive with a five-yard touchdown. Kittle now has a seven straight games with at least four receptions, and he's always a threat for a long catch-and-run, which makes him a top-five fantasy TE from here on out.

Nov 1 - 11:41 PM

Number 3 dynasty tight end after ertz and kelce.  Not only is he the number 3 scoring tight end in ppg, he's done it with all 3 quarterbacks the 49ers have trotted out, and looked good last year in his rookie season.  He's 3 years younger than ertz/ 4 years younger than kelce and could have a higher ceiling than either.  Stud.

If i'd heard the news about the QB change in time, I would likely have swapped Kittle out for Graham. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. But this guy is very good, top 3 this year behind only Kelce and Ertz which is crazy given the QB issues at the Niners. Him and Conner have been superstar late round picks. Hope the injury is minor, maybe the BYE came at a good time.

Just traded Chubb for him and started him for the first time this week.  :pickle:

I'm so deep at RB Chubb would've never seen my starting roster, and Ebron is on the decline with Doyle back.

And Kyle is an offensive genius in today's game.
I have been impressed with the coaching for SF in the 2.5 games I've seen. Very strong offensive schemes and this team is playing hard and looking pretty cohesive despite a terrible record. I am happy to have many shares of this O and will probably look to add where I can. 

Did we ever figure out what the injury was last night?
I thought he looked like he landed on the ball and maybe had the wind knocked out. I did find one article that notes they were looking at his hand so wrist may be right. 

Number 3 dynasty tight end after ertz and kelce.  Not only is he the number 3 scoring tight end in ppg, he's done it with all 3 quarterbacks the 49ers have trotted out, and looked good last year in his rookie season.  He's 3 years younger than ertz/ 4 years younger than kelce and could have a higher ceiling than either.  Stud.
He's inline for a lot of targets the rest of the year. I have him at TE5 but he would immediately jump to TE1 next year if SF doesn't draft/pick up a big time WR. 

He also seems to get nicked up all the time........

He's inline for a lot of targets the rest of the year. I have him at TE5 but he would immediately jump to TE1 next year if SF doesn't draft/pick up a big time WR. 

He also seems to get nicked up all the time........
As opposed to all the other TEs throughout the league who are always 100% healthy?

As opposed to all the other TEs throughout the league who are always 100% healthy?
It seems like he's always coming out of the game with a slight injury here or there. It's just something to watch closer and cook into his value. That's all bro. Peace and love. Lol

It seems like he's always coming out of the game with a slight injury here or there. It's just something to watch closer and cook into his value. That's all bro. Peace and love. Lol
Last night was the first SF game I've watched; has that happened in previous games?

Anyway, was just busting your chops a little. My point was that every TE is seemingly nicked up all the time. Trying to think of one who's been consistently healthy. Maybe Kelce since he recovered from microfracture surgery a few years ago? It may be the single most brutal position in all of sports: You're blocking against guys who are frequently bigger than you and then running patterns over the middle of the field and taking hits from LBs and safeties.

I think that has a lot to do with that position in general.  TEs take a lot of bit hits and also do a lot of blocking.  It's one of the reasons Gronk is always hurt along with so many other TEs.

It seems he pulls himself out a lot during games. I coukd just be catching him when he's doing it and missing games he doesn't. I agree completely with your assessment of the TE position and how brutal it is on guys. 

It seems he pulls himself out a lot during games. I coukd just be catching him when he's doing it and missing games he doesn't. I agree completely with your assessment of the TE position and how brutal it is on guys. 
Yeah you're gonna get a lot of hate in this thread, but that was part of the reasoning behind trading him in offseason. Just seemed like last year was always dinged up and in and out of the game. I figured he was dispensable as my TE2 behind Engram, but I'd gladly give back the early 2019 second I acquired and instead have Kittle on my roster this year. He looks legit. If he can stay healthy he is top 3-5 for years to come. Oh well, can't win 'em all ... 

Yeah you're gonna get a lot of hate in this thread, but that was part of the reasoning behind trading him in offseason. Just seemed like last year was always dinged up and in and out of the game. I figured he was dispensable as my TE2 behind Engram, but I'd gladly give back the early 2019 second I acquired and instead have Kittle on my roster this year. He looks legit. If he can stay healthy he is top 3-5 for years to come. Oh well, can't win 'em all ... 
Yeah I'm going to back out of here slowly. I own him in one redraft and one dynasty league so I'm happy he's doing well.  

Hawkeye21 said:
Iowa sure knows how to turn out great TEs. I knew Kittle was good but I didn’t think he’d be this good this quick. 
Next up out of Iowa at the TE position are Noah Fant and TJ Hockenson. I know that Noah Fant is getting all the publicity but don't sleep on TJ Hockenson.

Anyone have any updated information on Kittle's status this week? Last I heard, Q with a "chest contusion", limited Friday. 
George Kittle (chest) was removed from the Week 10 injury report.

The 49ers limited Kittle in practice this week but there was never doubt over his statue. Kittle is our No. 3 ranked tight end for Week 10.

George Kittle caught 9-of-10 targets for 83 yards in the 49ers' Week 10 loss to the Giants.

Kittle has emerged as a top 3-4 tight end in the league as a sophomore and has really steadied himself as a weekly difference maker. He's the main vein of the passing offense, and the nine grabs and 10 targets set new season bests. Kittle was cooking in the first half with 5-66 on five targets. He later had a catch called back on a penalty. Kittle will get the Bucs in Week 12 after the bye.

Nov 12 - 11:48 PM

Over 200 yards in the 1st half!

What's the NFL record for TE receiving yards in a game?

Started him in my SuperFlex spot this week and last (Kelce my TE).  Have not regretted it one bit.  

He's only 25........he might end the year as the #1 TE in dynasty. He'd have to finish the year strong but he's right there.......

Users who are viewing this thread