What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (1 Viewer)

belljr said:
I'd be hella pissed if I was kittle
Per Twitter, Shanahan apologized to him after the game.

No excuse though not to get a quick 5+ yard slant to him - no way Shanahan didn’t know the record was right there. And I doubt he was trying to protect a record held by one of his dad’s former  players.

ETA: just saw the 85 yard TD. Man, that dude is fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Twitter, Shanahan apologized to him after the game.

No excuse though not to get a quick 5+ yard slant to him - no way Shanahan didn’t know the record was right there. And I doubt he was trying to protect a record held by one of his dad’s former  players.

ETA: just saw the 85 yard TD. Man, that dude is fast.
I have played basketball against a former TE few times.  It's amazing how quick these guys move with their size.

Kittle's 10.2 yards after catch most for any WR or TE since the stat was developed in 2006 (Graham Barfield on Twitter).  Even more impressive is it was done with three different QBs starting for them and their WRs have been decimated by injuries

🐐szn

George Kittle caught 3-of-8 targets for 51 yards in the 49ers' Week 15 overtime win over the Seahawks.

This was Kittle's worst fantasy game since Week 6 at Green Bay, but it was very close to another big day. Kittle found space down the seam, but Nick Mullens sailed a pass over his head, which cost Kittle a long touchdown. Even without it, Kittle will still finish close to a TE1 this week after picking up 51 yards, and he should bounce back next week against the Bears at home. Kittle will be a top-four option once again as Mullens' top weapon.

Dec 16 - 8:13 PM

I was looking at a start up TE premium where Kittle went in round one before Ertz.

Kind of an eye opener.
Kittle is 3 years younger and just set the yardage record at age 25 despite playing with 3 different quarterbacks.

Ertz has succeeded with different qbs too, of course, and so has kelce for that matter, so i think it's really more about the age difference.  I'd be happy with any of them. 

Kittle is 3 years younger and just set the yardage record at age 25 despite playing with 3 different quarterbacks.

Ertz has succeeded with different qbs too, of course, and so has kelce for that matter, so i think it's really more about the age difference.  I'd be happy with any of them. 
I'd trade Kittle straight up for Kelce at this point but the age makes it close.....

And not very good ones at that.

Might have even more upside with a healthy Garoppolo and the team not reallg adding other receiving options in the off-season.

And not very good ones at that.

Might have even more upside with a healthy Garoppolo and the team not reallg adding other receiving options in the off-season.
I've been expecting them to sign Crabtree but that hasn't happened yet, so who knows?

I do think kittle could be the #1 TE this year. But he could also fade into low level starter.

I've been expecting them to sign Crabtree but that hasn't happened yet, so who knows?

I do think kittle could be the #1 TE this year. But he could also fade into low level starter.
Why would anyone sign Crabtree?

Hard to see Kittle dropping much lower than #4 TE.

Why would anyone sign Crabtree?

Hard to see Kittle dropping much lower than #4 TE.
He's a veteran presence and better than he appeared last year 

It wouldn't really shock me if Kelce, ertz, engram, cook, Ebron, Howard,  and Henry finished above him.

But I do rank him #3 right now

Personally I think Kittle is the clear #1 dynasty TE.  I only play TE premium, but he's a first round startup guy for me in that format and I'd probably take him before any receiver except maybe JuJu.  I would not draft Kelce until the 3rd because of his age and as good as Ertz is I'd probably prefer other players to his price tag.  So yeah, Kittle by a good bit in that format for me.  Not even close.

Would take Kelce first in redraft pretty easily though and would be really torn about Kittle vs. Ertz.  Goedert was awesome last year, his role is going to expand some, but Ertz has been so consistent.  I'd say Kittle has higher ceiling for next year but Ertz has almost the same ceiling and a higher floor just based on the fact he's done it multiple seasons.

Howard, Henry, Engram form the next tier, but I'm not crazy about any of them for various reasons.  Hockenson would probably slide above and be his own tier.  Might put Fant on their tier though.  (Landing spot disclaimer on both Hock and Fant)

Yeah Kittle's situation/opportunity isn't as clear as Kelce/Ertz.........I wouldn't blame anybody for cashing out. TE FF production depends so much on QB/TE relationship + offense ran......Howard is twice the talent of Ebron is but they hardly throw it to him. 

Yeah Kittle's situation/opportunity isn't as clear as Kelce/Ertz.........I wouldn't blame anybody for cashing out. TE FF production depends so much on QB/TE relationship + offense ran......Howard is twice the talent of Ebron is but they hardly throw it to him. 
I drafted kittle in rd 4 or later in 3 leagues, cashed out on 2 of them too early and included him in a deal for gurley before gurley got hurt....no so happy with my moves here. 

The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports George Kittle played half of the 2018 season with "fractured cartilage" in his chest.

Kittle didn't miss any time, but it's notable for injury-tracking purposes. He also dealt with a knee issue early in the year. Kittle is fully healthy for the start of OTAs. He's one of the top tight ends going into 2019.

SOURCE: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Apr 17, 2019, 4:11 PM

I thought that last year could be an outlier because there was so little competition for him on the 49ers for targets, but after looking at a breakdown of his role and some of the targets from the backups, I'm not so sure last year will be an anomaly. He could see a reduction in targets and still perform the same or better by improving the quality of those targets. The zone running scheme opens up the TE and he was taking full advantage streaking into the open field. The main issue was that the starting QBs after Jimmy G went down had a tough time hitting Kittle in stride. Very often he would have to slow down or come to a dead stop to wait for the ball to arrive because the QB had no anticipation and didn't lead him. If he gets less targets, but 3-4 of those long passes hit him in stride, that could increase his TD rate even while his yardage may drop. 

I'm always hesitant to go TE in redraft in the top 3-4 rounds because it causes a drop at RB or WR, but I think that Kittle's ADP at the end of the 3rd might be a solid value. Especially if Hill plays this year and if Ertz loses some targets. It'll be interesting, but I'm coming around to taking that risk in the 3rd. 

I thought that last year could be an outlier because there was so little competition for him on the 49ers for targets, but after looking at a breakdown of his role and some of the targets from the backups, I'm not so sure last year will be an anomaly. He could see a reduction in targets and still perform the same or better by improving the quality of those targets. The zone running scheme opens up the TE and he was taking full advantage streaking into the open field. The main issue was that the starting QBs after Jimmy G went down had a tough time hitting Kittle in stride. Very often he would have to slow down or come to a dead stop to wait for the ball to arrive because the QB had no anticipation and didn't lead him. If he gets less targets, but 3-4 of those long passes hit him in stride, that could increase his TD rate even while his yardage may drop. 

I'm always hesitant to go TE in redraft in the top 3-4 rounds because it causes a drop at RB or WR, but I think that Kittle's ADP at the end of the 3rd might be a solid value. Especially if Hill plays this year and if Ertz loses some targets. It'll be interesting, but I'm coming around to taking that risk in the 3rd. 
I agree that his targets should come down a bit, especially if Pettis takes the next step.

That said,  with the reports coming out that Kittle was less than 100% last year, that could mean little drop off at all if he stays healthy. Kittle is a dynamic receiver - not just a tight end - so I imagine that Shanahan & Co. will try to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.

He was great all last year, but this play alone had to win over any disbelievers. Tight ends aren't supposed to be able to run like that after the catch.

I agree that his targets should come down a bit, especially if Pettis takes the next step.

That said,  with the reports coming out that Kittle was less than 100% last year, that could mean little drop off at all if he stays healthy. Kittle is a dynamic receiver - not just a tight end - so I imagine that Shanahan & Co. will try to get the ball in his hands as much as possible.

He was great all last year, but this play alone had to win over any disbelievers. Tight ends aren't supposed to be able to run like that after the catch.
They weren't even guarding him on that play. I like Kittle a lot  now too and a lot of you guys were high on him well before it was popular but on that play they basically let him run straight down the field after leaving him wide open. 

They weren't even guarding him on that play. I like Kittle a lot  now too and a lot of you guys were high on him well before it was popular but on that play they basically let him run straight down the field after leaving him wide open. 
True, but what was impressive is how he turned on the jets after the catch, not the catch itself.

I’m actually ranking him ahead of Ertz. Not sure I’d go third round in standard PPR but he’s definitely a bigger pick in TE premium. 

Heard he is lining up at H back and a possible GL carry or two this year is not out of the question?

sry no link.  

I actually like him in round three, obviously depending on who's still on the board. But more often than not I'd rather take him over one the receivers right there but then it's a debate with the RBs if I feel good about certain ones making it back around to me.

(RotoWire) Kittle, who is experiencing calf tightness , will not practice Tuesday, Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports.

Analysis: The 49ers' next preseason game isn't until Monday, so it's possible the tight end could bounce back in time to suit up for that contest. For now, we'll consider Kittle day-to-day.

George Kittle (calf) returned to 49ers practice on Thursday.

"I’ll be ready guys," was Kittle's direct message to fantasy players. "Don’t worry about it." Kittle is not a reach as a second-round pick.

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter

Aug 22, 2019, 5:23 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread