What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (2 Viewers)

Best time for an 8 win team to rest their players is the week they play their 7 win division rival.
It's a long season and he's clearly banged up.  They play Seattle again 12/29, it's not at all surprising if he's randomly inactive on a game day.  Short turn around another division game next week. Still big time games coming up for them.  They need him healthy for the playoffs.  Still two games up on Seattle who has beaten Cinci by 1, Steelers by 2, Browns by 4, Falcons by 7 and Bucs by 6 in OT.  Seahawks have a tough schedule coming up as well.

It's a long season and he's clearly banged up.  They play Seattle again 12/29, it's not at all surprising if he's randomly inactive on a game day.  Short turn around another division game next week. Still big time games coming up for them.  They need him healthy for the playoffs.  Still two games up on Seattle who has beaten Cinci by 1, Steelers by 2, Browns by 4, Falcons by 7 and Bucs by 6 in OT.  Seahawks have a tough schedule coming up as well.
Maybe this is wishful thinking on your part, because this is the 49ers biggest game in years, and Kittle is gonna play unless one of his legs falls off before the game.

Maybe this is wishful thinking on your part, because this is the 49ers biggest game in years, and Kittle is gonna play unless one of his legs falls off before the game.
It being a Monday game requires this kind of confidence that he will play.  But I agree, he seems like the type that will give it a go.

He’s day to day. He’s hoping he can play this week but won’t know until the end of the week. He did have and MRI. Issues in his ankle and knee per Tracy Sandler 

Planning to roll with him if he plays. If not, I'll IR him or drop Josh Gordon and pick up a Seattle TE.
I have him too but am lucky enough to have Andrews too, even though he hasn’t done too much the last couple games, but currently have Andrews in and if Kittle is a go will probably make the switch to him. 

Unfortunately for me my #2 TE is Darren Waller, and he plays Thursday (tonight).  So I've got no time to let this play out.  I think I have to start Waller.

I hate Thursday Night Football.

I just picked up Eifert yesterday to be a backup....Now wish I had gone with Hollister so I could wait till game time decision and pivot if necessary.  Unfortunately, Hollister got added one hour before I went to pick him up as a result of today's news on Kittle.  Sent an offer of Eifert for Hollister, but no response yet.  I don't see myself starting Eifert on Sunday morning unless Kittle is already ruled out which he won't be.  If he's ruled out on game day I guess I go with Dwelley?  Luke Willson is hurt too right?

There is an argument to be made you should be starting Waller regardless of health
Yeah, most weeks it's a coin flip between these two.  Still, I'd prefer it if they both played on Sunday and I could decide for myself rather than have my hand forced by scheduling.

Hate carrying 2TE but I have this weird feeling about the use of Kittle. Not necessarily this week but if SF locks up playoffs and home field. ....they are shutting him down. Picked up Gieseki for the nice playoff schedule,just in case.

Rotoworld:

George Kittle (ankle, knee) didn't practice Thursday.

Kittle is nursing knee and ankle injuries. The Niners have been noncommittal on his status, suggesting he's a legitimate question mark for Monday night's game against the Seahawks. If he sits, the Niners would likely pivot to Ross Dwelley at tight end, though it's doubtful he'd carry any fantasy significance. Kittle's absence would also theoretically free up targets for lead receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Deebo Samuel.

RELATED: 

Ross Dwelley

SOURCE: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Nov 7, 2019, 3:37 PM ET

Dwelley looked fine last week. If Kittle is inactive I think it’s possible Dwelley could get you 3 or 4 catches. Not much but better than a zero. At least he’s a receiving TE who can’t block much!

I’m a Kittle owner with Fant and Goedert on bye and I’m just going to roll with Dwelley. No other options on waivers mind you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A. I think Kittle plays (dude is a monster)

B. I feel I have a playoff spot locked up

C. I am play the highest scoring team in the league this week (CMC & D Cook) - I need pts only Kittle can offer

..... Kittle or bust for me this week

Ugh. Not loving his chances to suit up. Hollister is available on waivers tonight if I can get him. In one other league I'll be forced to make a decision Sunday afternoon. I already have Waller in my boxscore so I can bench Kittle for the likes of Mack, D Williams, or Juju. Not a terrible spot.

If I had to guess he’s not playing. Hopefully they’ll give us some solid info today. Sucks having to hold up a roster spot for a crappy backup TE. How he was playing last week after that is crazy. Dude is tough.

George Kittle (knee) didn't practice again Friday.

Coach Kyle Shanahan said, "I mean there's issues ... He’s got things in his knee and ankle so we’ll see." Kittle a no-doubt TE1 if active with at least six receptions in all but two games this season. Only the Buccaneers (92 yards), Cardinals (91), Bears (72), Cowboys (71) and Raiders (71) have yielded more yards per game to opposing TEs than the Seahawks (68) this season (Football Outsiders).

SOURCE: Matt Barrows on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:29 PM ET

I think they will say it's a game time decision, and he will warm up before the game Monday, and will play. 

SF knows he doesn't need much practice, and are giving him as much recovery time as they can. They aren't gonna let Seattle know until they have to before kickoff.

He’s in my lineup with no safety net for Monday night

I can’t imagine he misses this one, it’s a huge game for them 

NBC Sports Bay Area's Matt Maiocco reports George Kittle's (knee) status is "in doubt" for Week 10 against Seattle.

Kittle has yet to practice after picking up knee and ankle injuries last week. He's trending toward missing Monday night against a Seahawks defense that ranks near the bottom of the league at covering tight ends. Ross Dwelley (70 percent snap rate in Week 9) would start and have a near every-down role if Kittle sits.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

Nov 9, 2019, 8:34 AM ET

:sadbanana:

SHIIITE!! This is why we can't have nice things! 

Super impressed that he played after that nasty hit last Thursday. Dudes a warrior and I'm sure he will play if they let him.

George Kittle (knee) is officially doubtful for Week 10 against the Seahawks.

The 49ers will use a combination of Ross Dwelly and Levine Toilolo to pick for the lost receiving production and blocking from Kittle, and Kittle owners will have to find a tight end streamer like Jonnu Smith this week. The stud tight end should be considered week to week after missing this week's practices.

SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Nov 9, 2019, 4:34 PM ET

I think they will say it's a game time decision, and he will warm up before the game Monday, and will play. 

SF knows he doesn't need much practice, and are giving him as much recovery time as they can. They aren't gonna let Seattle know until they have to before kickoff.
Ahem.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130457-49ers-determine-george-kittles-status-seahawks-monday-shanahan/

San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle is going to be listed as doubtful for Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks, head coach Kyle Shanahan revealed today. Kittle, who did not practice at all this week, is dealing with knee and ankle injuries suffered during Week 9's win over the Arizona Cardinals.

Shanahan told reporters that Kittle's status for the game might not be determined until game day. He didn't want to reveal too much about any potential roster moves that might take place before Monday should Kittle be unable to play.

Shanahan remains hopeful that Kittle will be able to play, and explained why.

"Just because it's George," Shanahan said. "If it was any other player, I probably would say he's out, and if it goes like this, he will be out. But George isn't a guy who needs to be out at practice. We know he's doing everything he can, and we'll see how he feels on Monday. But things would have to change (for Kittle to play)."

Shanahan explained on Friday afternoon during a KNBR interview what "doubtful" means in his mind.

"Doubtful means, in my mind, it means he's got to wake up on game day and show us something that's been different every other day that week," Shanahan said. "If he wakes up and stays the same, he'll end up being out."

Shanahan indicated that tight ends Garrett Celek (Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform) and Daniel Helm (practice squad) are candidates to be activated ahead of Monday's game should Kittle be unable to play.

He's gonna play.

Ahem.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130457-49ers-determine-george-kittles-status-seahawks-monday-shanahan/

San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle is going to be listed as doubtful for Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks, head coach Kyle Shanahan revealed today. Kittle, who did not practice at all this week, is dealing with knee and ankle injuries suffered during Week 9's win over the Arizona Cardinals.

Shanahan told reporters that Kittle's status for the game might not be determined until game day. He didn't want to reveal too much about any potential roster moves that might take place before Monday should Kittle be unable to play.

Shanahan remains hopeful that Kittle will be able to play, and explained why.

"Just because it's George," Shanahan said. "If it was any other player, I probably would say he's out, and if it goes like this, he will be out. But George isn't a guy who needs to be out at practice. We know he's doing everything he can, and we'll see how he feels on Monday. But things would have to change (for Kittle to play)."

Shanahan explained on Friday afternoon during a KNBR interview what "doubtful" means in his mind.

"Doubtful means, in my mind, it means he's got to wake up on game day and show us something that's been different every other day that week," Shanahan said. "If he wakes up and stays the same, he'll end up being out."

Shanahan indicated that tight ends Garrett Celek (Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform) and Daniel Helm (practice squad) are candidates to be activated ahead of Monday's game should Kittle be unable to play.

He's gonna play.
Stuck either going Dewilly or whatever the SF backup’s name is or pickup Jonnu Smith or TJ Hockenson. 

He hasn't practised all week, has gone from questionable to doubtful, hasn't even been seen around the practise facility. I'd plan for him to be out.

Listen to coach.

Shanahan said. "If it was any other player, I probably would say he's out, and if it goes like this, he will be out. But George isn't a guy who needs to be at practice. We know he's doing everything he can, and we'll see how he feels on Monday."

He's gonna play.

Stuck either going Dewilly or whatever the SF backup’s name is or pickup Jonnu Smith or TJ Hockenson. 
Someone just dropped jonnu.  I was gonna add him and drop dwelley but now I think I’ll hold dwelley for the possibility that Kittle plays.  

If he does play,  a big question could be if he’s a decoy in the passing game or whether he aggravates the injury and that’s it for the game. I may regret it, but not taking that chance. 

It’s ok. They get them again Week 17. 
Right just to be clear i still disagree that they are "resting" him. But kudos for the call that he'd probably miss the game.  I ended up starting someone else in both leagues i own him and appreciate your input n 

George Kittle (knee) remains day to day, though coach Kyle Shanahan is "hopeful" he will be ready for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

Despite his hopefulness, Shanahan stopped well short of suggesting Kittle would likely play. It doesn't sound like Kittle will practice on Wednesday, and Thursday is probably a stretch, too. Kittle seems all but certain to be a game-time decision for the 49ers' 4:05 PM ET tilt with the Cardinals. Keep your back-up plans handy.

SOURCE: Can Inman on Twitter

Nov 12, 2019, 5:25 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread