What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE George Kittle, SF (1 Viewer)

There is an argument to be made you should be starting Waller regardless of health
Gently disagree given Williams's return and the emergence of Renfrow. Waller isn't seeing the targets, especially the red zone and end zone targets that he was. Kittle, if he was going, was definitely worth a start over him last week. And, as you know, I Am The Wallerres. 

Gently disagree given Williams's return and the emergence of Renfrow. Waller isn't seeing the targets, especially the red zone and end zone targets that he was. Kittle, if he was going, was definitely worth a start over him last week. And, as you know, I Am The Wallerres. 
I don’t think I would start Waller over Kittle but in ppg, Waller has slightly outperformed Kittle to this point.

George Kittle (knee) was sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

As was Emmanuel Sanders (ribs) and Matt Breida (ankle). Coach Kyle Shanahan was ominous on Kittle's Week 11 availability when talking to the media, stating he's "hopeful" his star tight end will be ready for the 49ers' 4:05 PM ET tilt with the Cardinals. Fantasy players should have a backup plan ready for the second consecutive week.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Nov 13, 2019, 5:36 PM ET

Ilov80s said:
Yeah just pulling Wingnuts leg after his whiffs on guaranteeing Kittle plays. 
I didn't really whiff, I was trying to will it to happen. The power of positivity and all that.

There’s something fishy about all this.  First he gets hurt on the first play and plays the rest of the game and plays well.  Then he’s out and he’s not even on the sideline.  Now he’s already ruled out on a Wednesday?  But maybe not?

There’s something fishy about all this.  First he gets hurt on the first play and plays the rest of the game and plays well.  Then he’s out and he’s not even on the sideline.  Now he’s already ruled out on a Wednesday?  But maybe not?
I agree, which is why I was saying in the game thread- that play did not look good. naysayers (and those who like to wish me to always be wrong) mocked me. 

He actually didn't play in the 2nd half of the Arizona game. But yeah, it's weird.

I agree, which is why I was saying in the game thread- that play did not look good. naysayers (and those who like to wish me to always be wrong) mocked me. 
Looked like he took a direct helmet to the knee, the impact of which can damage your MCL. It didn't look good immediately and I remember thinking that it'd be really lucky if he was able to play in the next month. 

Ilov80s said:
Just announced the knee injury is career threatening, likely to announce retirement tomorrow at noon. 
The good news is that Gronk will be standing next to him at the press conference.  

Looked like he took a direct helmet to the knee, the impact of which can damage your MCL. It didn't look good immediately and I remember thinking that it'd be really lucky if he was able to play in the next month. 
With the force from the front probably PCL or ACL.

Ilov80s said:
Just announced the knee injury is career threatening, likely to announce retirement tomorrow at noon. 
Why would you ever think this is funny?  Please do us all a favor and stop posting here.

They are classifying it as a bone bruise, but have been very vague, which is never a good sign. I think he’s 50/50 for week 12 and is def back in week 13 for the stretch run 
At the time I was worried about a chondral bruise, which can lead to longer term issues. I still think this is what it is, but it takes a long time to heal, if it does. 

Tissues are injured the worst when they suffer compression force. the cartilage that was likely damaged from this injury is compressed every time the knee is straightened, so he likely feels this all the time.  

I had an almost identical mechanism of injury, with less force than Kittle had, and my prognosis was not good- needed cartilage grafting (chose that over microfracture due to the horrible long term benefit of MF). I'm not saying this is what will happen to Kittle (I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see that in this knee eventually now) but this injury is definitely not good.

Best case scenario it's a bone bruise, which he still feels all the time, and may take a very long time to heal; bone bruises take a long time due to a poor blood supply to tue area 

Why would you ever think this is funny?  Please do us all a favor and stop posting here.
It’s a joke. If you follow through the thread, it makes sense. I am heavily invested in Kittle and want him to do well. I don’t wish anything bad on George. 

so the intelligent response is to joke about a career ending injury?  No wonder this place is in such a decline.
I just looked at your profile and when you do post, it’s almost always a rude comment about something. You post how you want, I post how I want. It’s all good baby. 

I just looked at your profile and when you do post, it’s almost always a rude comment about something. You post how you want, I post how I want. It’s all good baby. 
Cool.  Hopefully the moderators give you a lengthy timeout for not being funny at all.

Ilov80s said:

Its a joke. 
I like a good joke, but this won't end well.  If there is one thing I've learned on these forums is there is limit to a joke and one must think long and hard before posting a good / bad joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a good joke, but this won't end well.  If there is one thing I've learned on these forums is there is limit to a joke and one must think long and hard before posting a good / bad joke.
I thought it was so obviously absurd that nobody would take it serious. Certainly less serious that someone repeatedly posting that he was playing (often immediately followed by a report that wasn’t playing). I love George, he’s a ton of fun to watch and he’s on my best fantasy team. I hope his knee is healing and he is able to return to full health. 

Ilov80s said:
It’s a joke. If you follow through the thread, it makes sense. I am heavily invested in Kittle and want him to do well. I don’t wish anything bad on George. 
Jokes should be funny :shrug:

I thought it was so obviously absurd that nobody would take it serious. Certainly less serious that someone repeatedly posting that he was playing (often immediately followed by a report that wasn’t playing). I love George, he’s a ton of fun to watch and he’s on my best fantasy team. I hope his knee is healing and he is able to return to full health. 
I have to admit when I read it the other day I thought you were posting breaking news and then scrambled to Twitter to see if I missed something.

Jokes should be funny :shrug:
That’s fair. The joke wasn’t on Kittle, it was on Wing who kept oh so confidently saying Kittle was absolutely playing this week (he didn’t). And then doubled down by saying he was so for sure playing the next week (which was almost immediately followed by a report that Kittle was out again). Wing then tripled down that Kittle would eventually play sometime. That was where I teased him. Bad joke. 

Users who are viewing this thread