What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bid $75 of $100 FAAB dollars on K. Williams? (1 Viewer)

ultraviolet

Footballguy
Play in a shallow 10-team team 0.5 PPR with 13 roster spots.

Just lost my $82 auction prize David Johnson.  Have Zeke and Hunt but no one else. We start 2RB and a flex.  Need a 3rd RB stud.

Is K. Williams a stud backup?  I think someone in our league will bid close to or all $100 on Williams.  Should I go all out and bid more than $75?

Or is this a committee?

IF it's a .5 ppr, I wouldn't waste $100 on a committee RB. And with Zeke and Hunt, you could stash an RB like Carson or Breida (SF 49ers) or go with a good PPR WR that may still be available like Cooper Kupp. Williams has never been advertised as a top handcuff and he'll share the backfield now with Andre Ellington and potentially a re-signed Chris Johnson. I would spend more on Tarik Cohen of the Bears.

It sounds like Williams would likely get most of the work.  Though Ellington may get more opportunities to catch the ball with Johnson out.  Also Chris Johnson is still sitting at home.  I'd guess he's be the first phone call made to bring someone in from the outside.  It's anybody's guess at this point.

It's always a guess until you see it unfold on the field.  

Is Tarik Cohen available?  I personally like him better than Williams in a ppr format.  

I think Williams is the more sure thing but Cohen has the higher upside with his pass catching.  Especially now that Hogan is out.   Just my opinion of course.

Allen wouldn't be bad to look into either. He got 21 (!) carries yesterday and is a better pass-catching back than West.

I'm in a keeper league and own David Johnson.

Arizona's offense is a dumpster fire, that's partly why Johnson receive so much work last year.

The Arizona backfield is going to be an RBBC, and a weak one at that.

Proceed accordingly.

Thanks, Cohen is the other RB out there. Carson, Prosise, and J. Allen are up for bid as well.
I'd go heavy on Cohen if looking for a stud, medium on Williams especially since we don't know how long DJ will be out yet. I would go cheap on Carson or Prosise since they have a lot of mouths to feed there and is a true RBBC nightmare. J. Allen would be good and a lot cheaper than the other guys. It's not a bad idea to let the other teams spend their bankroll early. Remember week 2 injuries are just a week away.

Users who are viewing this thread