What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep or Cut Jahleel Addae? (1 Viewer)

Flyman75

Footballguy
I drafted Addae in a league that uses 11 IDPs, 4 of whom are DBs. It's a tackle-heavy league (2pts/solo...1pt/assist, aside from other categories) Last year he had 48 tackles in 8 games, and I expected him to continue that, but he was almost invisible last night against Denver. Should I be patient with him, or should I strike now and try to find someone else. The only one that I really see as an upgrade on the wire would be Tyvon Branch, and that would only be true if he can stay healthy. Otherwise, I'd be looking at guys like Sorensen taking over for Berry or Farley at Indy. 

Keep. If you cut him now there's a pretty good chance you'll regret it within a few weeks. He played 100% of the snaps, but gameflow didn't flow his way. Denver is a pretty meh IDP venue in terms of it's stat crew and DEN is a poor opponent for DB scoring. If Addae doesn't bounce back within a couple weeks I'd be worried but it's typically a mistake to overreact on week one results as long as the usage/snaps is there.

I appreciate the answer, and this is why I posted. I've been in this IDP league since 2009, and I didn't want to overreact to one week. In fact, I would have given the same advice if someone else had asked me about Addae, LOL. I guess the reason I asked was to make sure that I didn't overvalue him to begin with. I drafted him as a sleeper DB, and he was one of the guys I targeted...but I was afraid that perhaps I missed the mark on him. IDPs are generally cause more "anxiety" for me because there is so little info out there about this, lol. 

DB's are a crapshoot and you will always be able to find one on waivers if Addae doesn't pan out.  I hold tight and see what happens.

If Farley and Branch are available you need to find a way to get them.  I'm mild on Addae and would drop him for Farley in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread