What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rashard Higgins (1 Viewer)

Mary Kay Cabot‏Verified account @MaryKayCabot

#Browns Freddie Kitchens said he's not sure if Rashard Higgins (knee) will play vs. #Seahawks, but he's healthy enough to play

9:43 AM - 11 Oct 2019

#Browns Freddie Kitchens said he's not sure if Rashard Higgins (knee) will play vs. #Seahawks, but he's healthy enough to play

9:43 AM - 11 Oct 2019
Recent update looking like Rashard 'expects' to play.

------------------

#Browns Rashard Higgins, who's healthy enough to play vs. #Seahawks after missing 4 games: "I'm excited,'' he said. "See y'all Sunday''

10:41 AM - 11 Oct 2019

-------------------------------------

Rashard Higgins will play against Seahawks

Per 92.3 The Fan's Daryl Ruiter, the Cleveland Browns have said that wide receiver Rashard Higgins will play today against the Seattle Seahawks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they even have Higgins and why did they trade for Taywan? No intention of using Higgins and they cut Taylor. 

Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said WR Rashard Higgins isn't in his doghouse.

"Last week was [Higgins’] first week truly back, and I thought Antonio [Callaway] had a good week of practice," Kitchens said. "Higg should have played some in the game yesterday, but the situation didn’t arise where he was in the game." Callaway's merely totaled 2/22 and was responsible for one of Baker Mayfield's interceptions since returning from suspension. Still, the second-year wideout played 47-of-69 (68%) offensive snaps against the Seahawks while Higgins stayed glued to the sideline. The more Callaway struggles, the closer Higgins gets to returning to his preseason role as the team's starter in three-wide sets.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:38 AM ET

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot suggests Browns WR Rashard Higgins has an advantage in three-wide sets over sixth-round rookie Donovan Peoples-Jones since the former has already displayed good chemistry with Baker Mayfield.

All signs pointed to Higgins opening the year in three-wide sets last season before an August knee injury kept him out of Cleveland's lineup altogether. He also reportedly fell into ex-coach Freddie Kitchens' doghouse and was unable to find his way out. A bit of a fantasy folk hero, it's clearly a new beginning for the fifth-year pro as only Peoples-Jones stands in Higgins' path to a fresh start under an entirely new regime. It's a position battle to monitor during the summer months.

SOURCE: Cleveland.com

May 8, 2020, 12:48 PM ET

ESPN's Jake Trotter notes that Rashard Higgins "looks like" the Browns No. 3 receiver.

This was projected, but it's always good to see more confirmation from a beat reporter. Higgins will only see the field in three-receiver sets, something the Browns will utilize less often under coach Kevin Stefanski. Odell Beckham reportedly looks healthy following sports hernia surgery, as does Jarvis Landry (hip). Higgins will only be a punt play in DFS tournaments and remains off the roster in standard-sized re-draft leagues.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Sep 2, 2020, 2:06 PM ET

Stat line against the Bengals:

Rashard Higgins

• 6 receptions
  • 110 yards
----------------------------------------

Nate Ulrich@ByNateUlrich

#Browns coach Kevin Stefanski on WR Rashard Higgins:

He was a healthy scratch a couple of times earlier this season, that's how the numbers played out, but he just kept doing his job, and you can't discount the connection he has with Baker Mayfield

Evan Silva@evansilva

Heavily prioritizing Rashard Higgins as WW pickup. OBJ out for year. Higgins longtime

@MattHarmon_BYB

favorite. Poor man’s Keenan Allen. Baker *loves* him. Mayfield has completed 74% of 65 career targets to Higgins for 705 yards (10.8 YPT) & 7 TDs.

When asked how his role without Odell Beckham (torn ACL) will change, Browns WR Rashard Higgins responded that he's "in the starting lineup now." 

Higgins always had the advantage over rookie Donovan Peoples-Jones and KhaDarel Hodge since the former has played both out wide (81 snaps the last three games) and from the slot (36) since returning from injury. With 11 targets and 10/154/2 receiving since Week 5 (and a rapport from Baker Mayfield that dates all the way back to 2018), Higgins is in line to emerge in any contests Mayfield keeps it together under pressure. Higgins has a legitimate shot at out-producing Jarvis Landry for the rest of the season.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

Oct 29, 2020, 12:03 PM ET

I've had my eye on this guy since he entered the NFL. He's got NFL level skills, has done well  before when given the opps, seems to have rapport w/ Mayfield, and seems to be motivated to make the most of this current opp. Rashard Higgins is going to win people Leagues, IMHO. There, I said it. Most of my high-stakes Leagues are built around WR, meaning I'm carrying 7-8 elite to good options for 4 spots (2WR/2FLX)...could not convince my partner to spend the necessary FAAB to churn one of them into Higgins last night, as part of our FAAB mgmt plan has been positioning to be in a dominant position when the inevitable RB injury replacement rears it's head, while renting PK and D/ST weekly. We placed bids within our budget, hoping to get lucky. Unfortunately, WW is so thin at this point, that his price was vastly inflated due to shortage of quality options. Too bad, as I think the Teams that paid up are going to get their money's worth.

Rashard Higgins caught 1-of-3 targets for 14 yards in the Browns' Week 8 loss to the Raiders.

Higgins was a full-time player with Odell Beckham out of the picture, but the Browns offense proved dysfunctional with weather making a negative impact. Historically, Higgins has chemistry with Mayfield. It just may not matter if the Browns feature the ground game at the rates they've been playing with in 2020. It's possible that Austin Hooper and Nick Chubb are available when Cleveland returns from their upcoming bye. That would push Higgins down to the WR5/6 range.

- Rotoworld

Rashard Higgins caught 3-of-4 targets for 48 yards in the Browns' Week 10 win over the Texans. 

Higgins has become the Browns' No. 2 receiver in Odell Beckham's absence, but both his appearances since OBJ's injury have come in awful weather conditions in Cleveland. Even when the wind dies down, No. 2 wideout for Baker Mayfield is not going to be fantasy profitable all that often, especially since Austin Hooper and Kareem Hunt will probably remain ahead of Higgins for targets. The Eagles are on tap for Week 11. 

- Rotoworld

The Browns have opened extension talks with contract-year WR Rashard Higgins.

Higgins re-signed for the veteran minimum last offseason. The 2016 fifth-rounder should land a multi-year deal after emerging as the No. 2 receiver with Odell Beckham on IR. The Browns may look to get Higgins signed before the start of this year's offseason. Through 13 weeks, Higgins is on pace for a 34/524/4 line. 

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Dec 9, 2020, 10:22 AM ET

The Browns have opened extension talks with contract-year WR Rashard Higgins.

Higgins re-signed for the veteran minimum last offseason. The 2016 fifth-rounder should land a multi-year deal after emerging as the No. 2 receiver with Odell Beckham on IR. The Browns may look to get Higgins signed before the start of this year's offseason
This is something to take note of in dynasty.  Teams speak volumes with their checkbooks.

EDIT:  

PFF CLE Browns@PFF_Browns

#Browns Rashard Higgins’ 133.4 passer rating when targeted ranks 7th in the NFL among 113 WRs with qualifying targets

Rashard Higgins caught 6-of-10 targets for 68 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' Week 14 loss to the Ravens.

Higgins now has 12-163-2 on 19 targets over the last two weeks with Baker Mayfield eclipsing 300 yards in back-to-back games, his first 300-yard games of the season. Higgins' role has steadily grown in the absence of Odell Beckham (knee), and he's looking like Mayfield's favorite target. His 10 targets in this one led the team, and his score came from 21 yards out in the fourth quarter. Higgins will be a WR3/4 for Week 15 against the Giants. He could see a lot of CB James Bradberry in that one.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:13 AM ET

Rashard Higgins caught 4-of-5 targets for 76 yards in the Browns' Week 15 win over the Giants.

Higgins has been a pleasant surprise across from Jarvis Landry in the Browns' base two-tight end sets. While he offers no floor, Higgins has shown big-play potential when game script breaks his way. Tonight, Higgins found room for multiple 15-yard pickups but was held out of the end zone. His WR4 status is here to stay against the Jets in Week 16. The Browns will likely be projected for top-10 points.

- Rotoworld

76/0 vs. the giants. Can we see 100/1 vs. the jets?
You beat me to it! I’m in a standard league and was thinking of benching Lockett for him in the championship. I don’t know if I can watch another lackluster performance from the Seattle O. If you’re starting him, who are you benching? 

Jake Burns@jake_burns18

One of only 5 receivers in the NFL with 49+ targets and ZERO drops.

24 1stDowns on 39 targets. 481 air yards out of 544 total.

------------------------------------------

OBR Film Breakdown@TheOBRFilmBDN

Rashard Higgins metrics according to @SportsInfo_SIS (min49targets):

• *69.4 PositivePlay% (2nd in NFL )
  • 11.1 Y/Tgt (5th)
  • 15.5 Y/Rec (10th)
  • 68.6 1stD % (30th)
  • 71.43 Comp% (41st)
*=% of passes thrown to player that result in positive EPA—offense success

All metrics lead #Browns

Higgins is my break glass in case of emergency play if WASH ends up starting their 3rd string QB and screwing up my McLaurin in the process.

I may start Higgins regardless. The matchup is a good one and Baker is on fire.

I’m thinking about. My WR corps has been rendered impotent via QB ( Cooper, Tee Higgins, Claypool ) or injured ( Deebo and Lazard ). 

im down to deciding two spots between Cooper, Lazard and Higgins. Lazard is a risk as he has been slow in his comeback but it’s the Titans. Cooper almost completely screwed me last week. Full of indecision

Would anyone dare Higgins over the likes of AB or Crowder in a full pt ppr? I'm sure I'm just trying to outhink myself there but it's tempting. 

Would anyone dare Higgins over the likes of AB or Crowder in a full pt ppr? I'm sure I'm just trying to outhink myself there but it's tempting. 
I would start Higgins over both those guys. I’m starting Higgins over Lockett and possibly McKissic (standard), if Gibson plays. Higgins has been excellent the past few games and his expected corner matchup is beyond incredible. He’s good for 60 plus yards and a score against that woeful Jet D. Jet D will get blown out after last week’s super bowl 

Have AB and I think I am starting him over Higgins. Matchup is too good, it's indoors as well, and TB is minus R. Jones so maybe they run a little less.

Will consider over McLaurin if a) both Haskins and Smith are out or b) Smith is starting over Haskins.

Browns placed WR Rashard Higgins on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Word of Higgins' expected placement comes from ESPN's Adam Schefter. He will join Jarvis Landry, Donovan Peoples-Jones and KhaDarel Hodge on the list as "close contacts" of a COVID-positive individual. It sounds like more will be joining them, too. It is a brutal development for managers who were rolling the WR3/4 dice on Higgins in a glorious matchup. Since Higgins is apparently only a close contact, he will be eligible to return in Week 17. Marvin Hall, Ja'Marcus Bradley and Derrick Willies will be the Browns' three active receivers against the Jets. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 26, 2020, 5:50 PM ET

Precautionary.

Doesn't have it, err according to Hollywood.

-=======-----------------------------------------------------

Wood@CALLME_WOOD

13m

I don’t even have covid !!! This sh!t sucks!!!!

Rashard Higgins caught 2-of-3 targets for 55 yards in the Browns' Week 17 win over the Steelers. 

The Browns' fill-in No. 2 receiver, 26-year-old Higgins closes the book on the regular season with 599 yards, a new career best by 27. Higgins is an invaluable real life cog for a thin skill group, but his DFS upside will remain limited for next week's Wild Card rematch with the Steelers' elite pass defense. 

- Rotoworld

The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak reports Rashard Higgins was cited for drag racing on Tuesday.

Perhaps this was his unique way to practice beating defenders at the line of scrimmage. Overall, it's not the best decision just days ahead of a playoff game, but the citation isn't likely to affect his availability for Sunday's Wild Card game against the Steelers. Higgins has been operating as the second receiver and primary deep threat in the Browns' two-receiver set offense. He had 599 yards in the regular season.

SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter

Jan 5, 2021, 6:25 PM ET

...at least he wasn't under the influence...and 'Hot Rod' Higgins has a nice ring to it, so he's got that going for him.

Rashard Higgins caught 4-of-7 targets for 63 yards in the Browns' Week 4 win over the Vikings.

On a day Baker Mayfield went just 15-of-33 for 155 empty yards, Higgins tied Odell Beckham for the team lead with seven targets and led the Browns in catches and yards. Higgins entered Week 4 with four catches for 51 yards. He's not a fantasy option ahead of a Week 5 date with the Chargers.

Rashard Higgins caught 3-of-5 targets for 29 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' Week 5 loss to the Chargers.

Higgins caught Baker Mayfield's first touchdown with a seven-yarder in the first half. The veteran wideout entered Week 5 with eight catches on the season. He's not a strong fantasy option ahead of a Week 6 date with the Cardinals.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Last week against the Steelers:

• OBJ got 43 offensive snaps
  • Rashard Higgins 33 offensive snaps
Yesterday against Cincinnati after OBJ was cut leaving a starting WR position open: 

• Rashard Higgins 3 offensive snaps
The Browns went with a TE heavy rotation as Hooper and  Njoku got more snaps than the most used WR Jarivs Landry so this 'may' have  been a 'transitional' game where the coaches  are trying to figure out things going forward or it 'could' have been 'game-dependent' where they saw a weakness against the Bengals defense. 

You would think that Higgins' snap counts would go up but hmmnn.  We'll have to see what happens this week because Belichick will adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread