What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Marvel's The Punisher -Netflix original series thread*** Canceled. No Season 3 :( (1 Viewer)

Can't wait. 

Aside from Iron Fist the casting in these marvel Netflix shows has been on point. But other than Daredevil and Defenders the storylines have definitely had a lot of weak moments. Hoping this can get everything back on track. 

That trailer was absolutely terrific.  The cherry on top was playing "one" from Metallica in the background.  Officially pumped to watch this.  Marvel's had a tough time getting the Punisher right.  I did like the Thomas Jane/Travolta version from  the early 2000s but ever since I watched Daredevil season 2 I've wanted to see this.  Think they're going to get it right this time.

James Daulton said:
Weird, I think all of the adaptions have been quite good.  Am through two episodes and enjoying this series very much.  The dude playing Castle is perfect.
Hated the movie. 

But this is solid so far.

I'm through 10 episodes now.  This is slower than I expected.  Really good, but not great.

I'm hoping they do a good job of bringing it home.  I'll probably wait until the weekend to finish it.

My thoughts on some specifics:

I find the hot CIA chick totally unbelievable in her role.  She is supposed to be some badass, but has a weak personality, lives with her mommy and constantly screws stuff up.  Her romance with Billy seemed forced.  She looks great in lingerie, though. 

:thumbup:

Also, the marine kid that goes psycho is an odd plot line and just seemed like time filler.  It does bring some of the characters together, moves things along, but I think it could have been done better.  I also just don't like the actor.  I think the fat army dude who was lying and got killed was a well done character and I was conflicted when he died because I hated his guts, but it was a pretty gruesome death.

I do really like the David Lieberman character and think his wife, Sarah's, character is fantastic in her role.  That is an interesting dynamic with him watching his family and them thinking he is dead.  Really like the tension every time Frank goes over there.

The ex-marine guys are all OK, but not great.  The black dude (Curtis) with the missing leg is the best of them.  Billy is over the top and Gunner seemed like a fat but like-able hick.  I pegged Billy as a bad guy after about the 2nd episode and that was one of the least surprising plot twists ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm through 8. Will watch at least 2 more tonight. It is slower than I expected and I really didn't enjoy one full episode - #6, I believe (likely because it didn't key on the Punisher character) but the last one I watched was excellent. I think Bernthal is killing it as the Punisher.  I'm definitely enjoying it and would rank slightly below JJ and DD S1. Depending on how it plays out it could move up, (or down), I suppose.

I'm through 8. Will watch at least 2 more tonight. It is slower than I expected and I really didn't enjoy one full episode - #6, I believe (likely because it didn't key on the Punisher character) but the last one I watched was excellent. I think Bernthal is killing it as the Punisher.  I'm definitely enjoying it and would rank slightly below JJ and DD S1. Depending on how it plays out it could move up, (or down), I suppose.
Yeah, Bernthal is amazing as is Micro's actor and his wife.  I always like Karen Page, too.  The rest is meh.  Apparently the CIA chick has a big part to play at the end and one critic said she "shined", so maybe she can be redeemed, but I haven't liked the character so far (except for the :pickle:  time).

I didn’t like that he threw away the vest with the skull on it in the first episode. What’s the point of calling it The Punisher if it’s just going to be Frank? The Defenders all had some ability that made them special, in a costume or not. Frank without the skull insignia is just some whacked out vet on a killing spree.

Best Marvel Netflix series to date, by FAR.  Cliche?  Yes.  But it was much better written, had much better attention to detail than most super hero shows, let alone Netflix, and all around two thumbs way up.  If you think this was slow moving, you're going to LOVE all of the other Netflix Marvel series. This one is like Breaking Bad paced compared to those.

It's a little over the top with the gratuitous gore and violence, but you kind of expect that going in, don't you?  It is the Punisher, after all.

Excellent effort this time around.  Well worth the watch imo.

I didn’t like that he threw away the vest with the skull on it in the first episode. What’s the point of calling it The Punisher if it’s just going to be Frank? The Defenders all had some ability that made them special, in a costume or not. Frank without the skull insignia is just some whacked out vet on a killing spree.
Frank with the skull insignia is also some whacked out vet on a killing spree. 

Finished the last 3 episodes.  They were better than the rest of the series was and made it a little bit more worth it.

Episode 11 is fantastic and was the best of the series.

Episode 12 is so violent I actually got fairly grossed out at one point (and I'm pretty numb to this stuff).  It was more like a slasher film.

Episode 13 was superfluous and cliched and I kinda wished it ended after 12, but there was that one piece of unfinished business that they drug out for one more episode.  There was also some more over the top unbelievable stuff from super hot CIA-chick in this one.

Finished the last 3 episodes.  They were better than the rest of the series was and made it a little bit more worth it.

Episode 11 is fantastic and was the best of the series.

Episode 12 is so violent I actually got fairly grossed out at one point (and I'm pretty numb to this stuff).  It was more like a slasher film.

Episode 13 was superfluous and cliched and I kinda wished it ended after 12, but there was that one piece of unfinished business that they drug out for one more episode.  There was also some more over the top unbelievable stuff from super hot CIA-chick in this one.
I watched #11 last night and had to leave the last 2 for tonight.  It was an excellent episode.

I actually don't find the Homeland Security agent to be all that hot. :shrug:

I look forward to finishing tonight.

I enjoyed it. The last two episodes were rough to watch at times. I did think #12 was the end, and a good end, but it went all LOTR with another episode. I do like the actor’s portrayal of the Punisher. 

I finished the final 2 episodes last night and my opinion wasn't changed.  Excellent series and worthy addition to the collection of series on Netflix.  The final episodes were definitely graphic and cringeworthy at times but it felt "real" (as in real emotion). That's a credit to the actors. Lessor wouldn't have been able to pull it off.  If there's a S2 I'm all-in. 

The part where Punisher slowly pushes Billy's face down the broken glass was great.  Tough to watch, but great nonetheless.  The shard protruding from his cheek afterwards was a nice touch. [/Spolier]

I finished the final 2 episodes last night and my opinion wasn't changed.  Excellent series and worthy addition to the collection of series on Netflix.  The final episodes were definitely graphic and cringeworthy at times but it felt "real" (as in real emotion). That's a credit to the actors. Lessor wouldn't have been able to pull it off.  If there's a S2 I'm all-in. 

The part where Punisher slowly pushes Billy's face down the broken glass was great.  Tough to watch, but great nonetheless.  The shard protruding from his cheek afterwards was a nice touch. [/Spolier]
They can make a 2nd season with how they ended.

falguy said:
I watched #11 last night and had to leave the last 2 for tonight.  It was an excellent episode.

I actually don't find the Homeland Security agent to be all that hot. :shrug:

I look forward to finishing tonight.
Meh. But I do like his beard.

Enjoyed it a lot. Definitely the most violent Marvel series. If you don't like violence, don't watch the last few episodes.

Overall I enjoyed the series, but the last episode was the worst episode of any of the Marvel Netflix series.  And I'm not talking about the violence.  Other episodes were extremely violent, but good.  This one had us believe Frank Castle would be thrown by a carousel.  Or that he'd give a rat's ### about two random carny workers.

Even the worst Iron Fist episode beats Punisher episode 13.

Thought it was good and big fan of Shane as Frank Castle. The Lewis/Senator stuff I could’ve done without and maybe it’s a couple episodes less. Karen was less annoying than in DD. 

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall I enjoyed the series, but the last episode was the worst episode of any of the Marvel Netflix series.  And I'm not talking about the violence.  Other episodes were extremely violent, but good.  This one had us believe Frank Castle would be thrown by a carousel.  Or that he'd give a rat's ### about two random carny workers.

Even the worst Iron Fist episode beats Punisher episode 13.
I don't remember him much from the comics, I loved it when he would appear in different comics but I never followed him.

From what I've believed in the Netflix show, he would care about the innocent victims. 

On the carousel, he didn't seem so much thrown by it as bothered by the memory of his daughter and wife.

Users who are viewing this thread