What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Week 4 (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
I don't know if there are enough Yahoo players to generate a meaningful discussion but I thought I'd start a thread.  

First run through yields the following for Thurs-Sun:

Brady / Cohen, McCaffrey / Diggs, Hilton, Rishard Matthews / Gronk  / Bell / Bengals

I'm moving to Yahoo! Rake difference is outstanding.

Cash lineup is:

Taylor/Powell/Carson/Green/Beckham/Hogan/Brate/Cook/Bengals

GPP:

Brady/Mixon/Carson/Ginn/Beckham/DT/Gronk/L Miller/Broncos

Last week, they added the "veterans" V to my name on Sunday afternoon.  I found that surprising because I thought it was a bright line test--i.e. you had to have won so many contests before they added the scarlet V to your name.

Interesting video from Rotogrinders focusing on Yahoo this week.  I don't know how good the guys are but they did convince me to fade Bell this week.
That's a neat find, as there isn't a lot of coverage out there for Yahoo DFS.  I've never heard of Dean Shavelson, so can't vouch for him.  I've been reading articles and listening to podcasts from Pianowski for several years, and felt like he was the 2nd-best Yahoo analyst, with Dalton Del Don being #3.  (I believe Andy Behrens was the best Yahoo had to offer, but Pianowski and DDD were ahead of Funston/Evans/Loza, and especially Salfino.) 

I'm not sure how well-versed Scott and Dalton are with regard to DFS, but they at least know fantasy football.  I may not trust them yet, on things like DFS roster construction, ownership percentages, and the like, but they'll bring a lot of knowledge and experience, when it comes to simple "this player should do well/this player should struggle" commentary. 

As far as the Leveon Bell take, I may not have high exposure to him this week, but I'm not going full fade either.  He's the 7th-highest priced player at running back, and there haven't been many chances to get him that cheap.  He was 2nd-highest at FanDuel this week, which is more like what we're used to. 

I don't expect a "middlin" performance out of the Ravens this week.  Either they rise up at home, and blast a division rival that is supposed to be the class of the AFC North (to get the taste of the London game out of their mouths) or they fold under the weight of that Week 3 loss and the travel schedule (used to be that teams always got a bye week after a London game).  If they fold, it could be a big week for Bell, and I'm not going to miss out on it altogether, while his price has bottomed out. 

Users who are viewing this thread