What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do we know about Carl Lawson? (1 Viewer)

Flyman75

Footballguy
I know he's listed as a backup OLB on the Bengals depth chart, according to ourlads.com. I know he put up goose eggs the first two weeks and then suddenly burst on the seen with three solos and 2.5 sacks last week. 

Is there anything to see here with the rookie? Does Burfict returning to the middle have any bearing on Lawson at all? 

He's very miscast at the moment.  He's a pure edge rusher they have playing SAM.  They haven't historically used their OLB as a pass rusher though so it's kind of new territory.  If you're a subscriber the snap counts column is pretty entertaining - they list DT's, then DE's, then ILB's, then OLB's, all of which is very normal - then Lawson has his own section :lol:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/teams/teampage-cin-6.php

He and Jordan Willis overlap a lot in their skill sets and their usages.  CIN selected Willis in the 3rd and I noted how odd this pick was in my draft analysis post, and how disappointing it was they hogged them both.  I loved Lawson pre-draft and was really hoping he'd end up in a 4-3 DE role. 

Burfict shouldn't affect him much unless they decide to go back to their traditional scheme with Rey, Vigil, and Burfict.

Me, I'm gonna hold out for the week or two it takes for Burfict to get himself suspended again.

I am holding him in my big play dynasty league.  I have him cheap and was happy to see the break out.  I don't think he is someone I would worry about in re-drafts at the moment or tackle to balanced scoring leagues.  I think he is a high upside guy for dynasty big play leagues that I would look to be picking up on the cheap if possible (may not be after week 3).

Just read that Lawson had 55 snaps on Sunday, with Pat Sims, Jordan Willis, and Chris Smith losing snaps. Michael Johnson moved inside and played most of his snaps at DT, vacating his DE spot for Lawson. 

All of this according to cincyjungle.com. 

Users who are viewing this thread