What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

London - no assists awarded (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
Where do the stat crews come from, are they local guys?  Not a single assist has been awarded.  Gonna be a big stat correction Thursday on MFL, close games beware.

Where do the stat crews come from, are they local guys?  Not a single assist has been awarded.  Gonna be a big stat correction Thursday on MFL, close games beware.
I don't think so, assists are not an official stat, so unlikely they add them. Unless that rule has been changed in the past off-season. 

I was coming on here to post the lack of assists and to be aware if they have more games in London this year, to not start tackle reliant guys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so, assists are not an official stat, so unlikely they add them. Unless that rule has been changed in the past off-season. 

I was coming on here to post the lack of assists and to be aware if they have more games in London this year, to not start tackle reliant guys. 
I believe they are still an unoficial stat but are now part of stat changes.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/research/statcorrections#researchStatsCorrections=researchStatsCorrections%2C%2Fresearch%2Fstatcorrections%3Fposition%3D11%26statCategory%3Dstats%26statSeason%3D2017%26statType%3DweekStats%26statWeek%3D3%2Creplace

Thank you Dez, I was not aware. Has anyone noticed multiple assists added to a player in the stat changes so far? I have not had any game outcomes changed so I really have not been paying attention. But I definitely will start checking that out because there are many could be assists added/missed every week. 

They're local and they're very stringent. 'Read and React' podcast focuses on idp only and they were discussing it on a recent episode. 

It'll be interesting to see if there are any corrections Thursday morning. They may not "add" assists, but I have seen on multiple occasions where they take away a solo or multiple solos and turn them into assists. For instance, I have Timmons, and he was awarded with 6 solos and no assists. I won't be surprised at all if I wake up Thursday and see that he now has 3 solos and 3 assists. They don't change the total tackle number, but I've seen solos shifted to assists and assists shifted to solos. 

Week 7: Oct. 22: Cardinals vs. Rams, 1, p.m. ET, Twickenham Stadium, London, Fox

I just can't pull Tyvon Branch, Ingram or Boss out of my lineup. Good luck gentlemen. 

Users who are viewing this thread