What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (2 Viewers)

Replying to @JordanUhl @NateNews3LV

Per Las Vegas police scanner: Possible MORE shots fired inside New York, New York hotel

At least 4 hotels have reported shooting. Bomb threat being reported on the scanner.

WTF is going on

Headed there next weekend. Ugh.

Hope the shooter is the only dead person.
From the sound of it, we won't be anywhere near that lucky. Listening to some videos of when the shooting happened, full auto into a packed crowd for extended periods. This is going to be really bad.

From the sound of it, we won't be anywhere near that lucky. Listening to some videos of when the shooting happened, full auto into a packed crowd for extended periods. This is going to be really bad.
Yup. Sounds like the police have set up a casualty collection point, with reported deaths at multiple locations. Awful awful awful.

Read elsewhere that it's multiple shooters multiple locations and Muslim. I hope that's not true at all. I hope it's just one dip#### that's now dead. I guess I'll know more in the morning. Holy hell

Our GB TigerFan was in Vegas this weekend. I don't know if he's still there or not. Hoping he either left today or is safe elsewhere.

T&P to all friends and family of the victims

Vegas resident checking in.  I was 15 minutes off the strip at Red Rock when this went down.  We saw some of our friends post Facebook messages.  A lady that works for me has a son that is a cop on the strip.  Lots of confusion right now.  Potentially up to 20 dead and 100 injured, but lots of information swirling.  

I was on the Strip near Planet Hollywood when the shooting happened.  We saw some people running from the music festival in a panic.  We went back to the Aria lobby where we are staying, but then a crowd of people came sprinting into the lobby yelling "Run!  ####### Run!" and that more shooters were coming.   They evacuated the Aria lobby, and we're all locked up safely in our room now.  It's not exactly clear what prompted the people to say that more shooters were coming, but it seems like it was around the same time that people were reporting possible shots fired at the New York New York.  I haven't heard any confirmation of that. The whole Strip is lit up with police and ambulance lights.  So unbelievably terrible.  The video footage is horrifying.  

By far the most terrifying video I've seen of the shooting (content warning, obviously). You can hear the crack of bullets whistling over the camera. 

Gun nerds on Reddit have noted that the sound of the gunfire is a little irregular, which may mean that the shooter was using a "bump fire" attachment to achieve full auto. 1) I've never heard of that before, but after looking up some videos, it is crazy to me that it can be that easy to mod a semi-auto rifle into a full-auto rifle, and 2) if true, that may be a blessing given the alternative, as a bump fire gun is much less accurate than a "real" full auto weapon.

Adam Khan @Khanoisseur·17m

Lots of bots out tonight posting fake news, speculation about Las Vegas shooting. This is one of the official accounts to follow

LVMPD @LVMPD

Confirming that one suspect is down. This is an active investigation. Again, please do not head down to the Strip at this time.

Caroline O. @RVAwonk·18m

Numerous brand new Twitter accounts/bots are spreading false info about the shooting at #MandalayBay in Las Vegas. Please don't RT them

LVMPD @LVMPD

At this time we do not believe there are any more shooters. More information to come shortly from @Sheriff_LVMPD

NVPD more reporting over 20 dead.

Looking for shooters companion Ms. Dan Lee or Danley. 4'11" , 110# Asian.

Users who are viewing this thread