What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

18 more guns along with various explosives found at the guys home.

16 guns in the room.

Ammonium Nitrate found in his car.

Gun dealers in Arizona coming forward stating they sold him weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a school teacher that said quote: "pray only Trumptards died"  then deleted her twitter account but screenshots last a while

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/10/02/vile-teacher-prays-only-trumptards-died-in-las-vegas-shooting-and-other-horrible-tweets/
Should be removed from teaching soon. Should have her teaching license revoked as well. She's only fit to be a janitor scrubbing toilets in a prison. Social media taking down a handful of complete wackos. :thumbup:

This guy was a multimillionaire?

what is up with these idiots at on social media?  I am not a trump supporter or voter but JFC a bunch of Americans just got murdered and this is wha get they post? SMH

Should be removed from teaching soon. Should have her teaching license revoked as well. She's only fit to be a janitor scrubbing toilets in a prison. Social media taking down a handful of complete wackos. :thumbup:
Think it's a troll job.  No independent sources confirming it.

:shock:

it's all shocking, but I didn't know there were that many injured. did he fire that many rounds, or were some of these from trying to escape and getting hurt by trampling, etc?
Was shocked as well, they didn’t specify whether they were all gunshot victims. I would think that includes anyone injured during the event. 

Was shocked as well, they didn’t specify whether they were all gunshot victims. I would think that includes anyone injured during the event. 
They said earlier some of the people were hit by cars and were victims of just panicking and running.

They showed a wrought iron fence that was just bent in pieces because people were scambling to get away and the crush of their bodies did it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people thinking the same thing, sadly/disgustingly. I don't have any sympathy for those that go public and face consequences for saying crap like that.
It does seem like every event has some social media induced firing of a media person and an educator.  

So I'm staying off new networks/sites because I just can't handle the videos these days.  Too traumatic.  Could someone just fill me in on:

Was the gunman killed, or caught?  In the hotel room, or elsewhere?

Any obvious motive, either stated by gunman or otherwise?

Again, I'm sure these seem like silly questions but I just don't have the stomach right now to dig around and appreciate the kind people here filling me in.  TIA.

The gunman killed himself in his room.  Possibly just before law enforcement blew up the door to get in.

No obvious motives.  Either there really aren't any or some people aren't talking yet.

He doesn't seem to check many boxes for someone that would do something like this.  No mental issues that we know of.  Older, seemed to have money, etc.
Thanks, not sure why those are the questions standing out to me, but I appreciate it.

The gunman killed himself in his room.  Possibly just before law enforcement blew up the door to get in.

No obvious motives.  Either there really aren't any or some people aren't talking yet.

He doesn't seem to check many boxes for someone that would do something like this.  No mental issues that we know of.  Older, seemed to have money, etc.
Was he married? Have any kids? 

59 murdered, 527 injured, many still in critical conditionz 
:shock:

it's all shocking, but I didn't know there were that many injured. did he fire that many rounds, or were some of these from trying to escape and getting hurt by trampling, etc?
Pretty sure a few of these might have been bullets going through 2 or more people since many were standing so close together

I find it odd that we have one recent picture of this guy with his eyes closed and one picture of him that looks like it could be from 20 years ago.  Like he doesn't have much of a social media footprint.
He's a 64-year-old divorced guy with tons of money.  I don't think he's probably active on Facebook.  

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
This was probably inevitable. Thankfully, so is his the fact that he's going to die

http://politicer.com/pat-robertson-says-vegas-terror-god-punishement-disrespecting-trump-2/

On “The 700 Club” today, televangelist Pat Robertson linked last night’s mass shooting in Las Vegas to a disrespect for President Trump, the national anthem and God.

“Violence in the streets, ladies and gentlemen. Why is it happening?” he asked. “The fact that we have disrespect for authority; there is profound disrespect for our president, all across this nation they say terrible things about him. It’s in the news, it’s in other places. There is disrespect now for our national anthem, disrespect for our veterans, disrespect for the institutions of our government, disrespect for the court system. All the way up and down the line, disrespect.”

Not sure if this was posted, but here's a view of a suite at Mandalay Bay. Lots of windows.

https://i.imgur.com/K20IQEQ.jpg
That's the one.  

Will try to post my colleague's story sometime tonight if I can.  Legal community pitched in for him today after several of us convinced him to go the hell home.  To be honest, I don't think the gravity of what he went through has hit him.  

Also learned this afternoon than an even closer colleague/buddy of mine (in the sense that we socialize together quite often outside of just work stuff) was there on a date and was at the stage.  Had somebody shot and killed that was standing next to him.  He used his clothing to tie off gunshot wounds until EMTs came.  I'm sure I'll get his account too when he's back and willing to talk about it. 

Pretty sure a few of these might have been bullets going through 2 or more people since many were standing so close together
Yeah.  Guy I referenced who was one of the injured said there was "tings" from bullets flying and ricocheting all around him.  

I find it odd that we have one recent picture of this guy with his eyes closed and one picture of him that looks like it could be from 20 years ago.  Like he doesn't have much of a social media footprint.
A lot of folks don't at all. Especially his age

I think a lot of people are taking it seriously. The question is: what can be done to reduce (not prevent, because that would be impossible) these types of mass killings via firearms without infringing upon the natural rights of those who would choose to defend themselves with firearms.
natural rights to defend themselves               with firearms.

You lost me after themselves, 

Makes me think he's done things before.  Maybe never caught?  Something changed in his life to make him do all this though.  There must be
Doesn't add up any which way. Sure many criminals escalate over time but not like this. 

Turns out a young friend of mine was at the event (even shown facing away from the camera in a picture on a Bernie Sanders posting).  He's OK, but obviously shaken up.

It took 72 minutes from the time of the first 911 call until they broke down this guy's hotel room door.

Seems like a lifetime. I wonder why they couldn't get there sooner. 

It took 72 minutes from the time of the first 911 call until they broke down this guy's hotel room door.

Seems like a lifetime. I wonder why they couldn't get there sooner. 
If you listen to the dispatch call - http://www.broadcastify.com/news/21   - a Mandalay security officer got there and was shot early in the proceedings. And an officer reported in from the 32 floor pretty quickly(11:30 into the dispatch)/ that he knew where to go - but it took a long time for SWAT to arrive and he was waiting in stairwell. Also sounded like confusion as to what floor to go to with reports from the outside mentioning 15th floor and someone shouts out 50 or 60th floor(not sure it's possible at Mandalay). When they got there they also had to clear the floor for booby traps and carefully enter room

If you listen to the dispatch call - http://www.broadcastify.com/news/21   - a Mandalay security officer got there and was shot early in the proceedings. And an officer reported in from the 32 floor pretty quickly(11:30 into the dispatch)/ that he knew where to go - but it took a long time for SWAT to arrive and he was waiting in stairwell. Also sounded like confusion as to what floor to go to with reports from the outside mentioning 15th floor and someone shouts out 50 or 60th floor(not sure it's possible at Mandalay). When they got there they also had to clear the floor for booby traps and carefully enter room
Reports were saying the guy was shooting for ten minutes into the crowd. So for the next 62 minutes he just hung around?

Users who are viewing this thread