Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas

bud29

http://nypost.com/2017/10/04/fired-cbs-exec-says-shes-being-harassed-for-her-vegas-remarks/

I'd love to know how much anti-cop rhetoric this piece of garbage spit out prior to this week. My wife showed me some screenshots of the social media account of her close friend (who also got into some trouble with disgusting Vegas comments) - these liberal loonies are so far from centered they've fallen off of a cliff. 

Let her fend for herself. Cops are just murdering racists! Oh, until you need them I guess? Now the 84th precinct has to send extra units to watch their houses and kid's schools. 

eh uh, so my neighbor who is a pretty bright lady by all accounts just went on a facebook tirade about the shooting and how it is all one big conspiracy ... ”The LVMPD knows the motive behind the attack, but the FBI will not allow us to release the motive because it implicates the FBI in illegal arms deals and supplying arms to ISIS terrorists within US borders. 

Stephen Paddock was an undercover FBI agent who participated in multiple illegal arms deals in the Las Vegas area in a gun running entrapment scheme similar to Fast and Furious. Paddock thought he was engaging in another routine arms transfer, but ISIS operatives who were going to meet him learned about the entrapment scheme and Paddock's true identity. They killed him and carried out the massacre, and then fled the scene. Leland Yee has a lot to do with this. 

Everything is being kept under extreme wraps because 1) armed ISIS terrorists are still at large and 2) this is very embarrassing to the FBI and they don't want their scheme to become public knowledge. 

I will be sending you further information throughout the day, people within LVMPD are disgusted and are pushing for this information to be released to the public."

oh and then posts pics of him dead from shooting himself in the head.   Dunno where she got pics or info.     

She left the message with         STAY WOKE!  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

http://nypost.com/2017/10/04/fired-cbs-exec-says-shes-being-harassed-for-her-vegas-remarks/

I'd love to know how much anti-cop rhetoric this piece of garbage spit out prior to this week. My wife showed me some screenshots of the social media account of her close friend (who also got into some trouble with disgusting Vegas comments) - these liberal loonies are so far from centered they've fallen off of a cliff. 

Let her fend for herself. Cops are just murdering racists! Oh, until you need them I guess? Now the 84th precinct has to send extra units to watch their houses and kid's schools. 

You should've read this now erased thread on a Brooklyn Heights mom group, it was amazing. 

It was centered around this Yelp page - https://www.yelp.com/biz/erin-silber-photography-brooklyn

The woman claimed to be friend of hers (the woman who responded to the original comments). She comes into the group and complains that people are trying to ruin her friend's business with fake reviews. She didn't give the reasoning why and then asked the mom's on the page to blindly write positive reviews for her friend. 

A woman then questions why and she gives a half story as to why, but avoids details. She goes on to say "it is absolutely ridiculous that people who have never used her services are writing reviews," yet she was asking this group of thousands of Brooklyn Heights moms to do exactly what she was criticizing. Amazingly, she didn't see the hypocrisy there. Considering how liberal my neighborhood is, the pushback was kinda shocking and the back and forth that ensued was truly a sight for sore eyes. 

To me, anyone who instantly goes into a Republican/Democrat attack after an act of terrorism should automatically be discounted and labeled a lunatic. A normal person is immediately overcome with grief/sadness/anger/etc. - not a "this is the Republicans fault/this is the Democrats fault!" That behavior is reserved for those who are truly insane. 

Edited by fantasycurse42

30 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

eh uh, so my neighbor who is a pretty bright lady by all accounts just went on a facebook tirade about the shooting and how it is all one big conspiracy ... ”The LVMPD knows the motive behind the attack, but the FBI will not allow us to release the motive because it implicates the FBI in illegal arms deals and supplying arms to ISIS terrorists within US borders. 

Stephen Paddock was an undercover FBI agent who participated in multiple illegal arms deals in the Las Vegas area in a gun running entrapment scheme similar to Fast and Furious. Paddock thought he was engaging in another routine arms transfer, but ISIS operatives who were going to meet him learned about the entrapment scheme and Paddock's true identity. They killed him and carried out the massacre, and then fled the scene. Leland Yee has a lot to do with this. 

Everything is being kept under extreme wraps because 1) armed ISIS terrorists are still at large and 2) this is very embarrassing to the FBI and they don't want their scheme to become public knowledge. 

I will be sending you further information throughout the day, people within LVMPD are disgusted and are pushing for this information to be released to the public."

oh and then posts pics of him dead from shooting himself in the head.   Dunno where she got pics or info.     

Copy paste directly from Reddit conspiracy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

The guy has one heck of a business model. Gets TONS of viewers when tragedies happen.

....uh.... uh..... wait a minute..... :shock:

I made a thoughtless post without thinking things through.

1 hour ago, Donkey Derp said:

I can't make sense of why he brought so many different guns.  For someone who seemed very meticulous in planning, why not bring fewer guns with more ammo?

Probably thought most of them would jam.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

This is a good point. I haven't read anything, but did they determine if he shot from both windows, or just one? Perhaps the second window was broken to do exactly that, clear the smoke. 

He was shooting out of both. He'd shoot out of 1, crowd would run closer to the 2nd one then he'd shoot from there and back. They called this something like keeping a pool of people as targets.

The correct assessment of these killings is almost always the guy had a serious mental issue. Sane people simply dont do this.  Its unfortunate he likely shot his brain because im sure a study of his brain would show some severe malady. Usually the right wing response to this is "im glad hes dead" but in truth he probably needed medical help.  We need much better mental health care in this country. 

Im just waiting for evidence in his writings or whatever that he wasnt really coherent. 

Edited by Riversco

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

64 year old dude with no military training setting up an operation like that? Maximum casualties. Perfect location.  Not a chance. This is going to be something major

Or just someone who has been planning this for years and was very smart? So far there has been 0 found on his computer nor has he been out of the country to say radicalised.

1 minute ago, CurlyNight said:

Or just someone who has been planning this for years and was very smart? So far there has been 0 found on his computer nor has he been out of the country to say radicalised.

Still very unlikely. It's not as easy for anyone to set up something like that, even if he is smart.  I really don't know what to think of it all. No way I'll believe a regular old dude with no significant criminal background or military experience set up something like this in his own. 

2 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Still very unlikely. It's not as easy for anyone to set up something like that, even if he is smart.  I really don't know what to think of it all. No way I'll believe a regular old dude with no significant criminal background or military experience set up something like this in his own. 

Im pretty certain thered be plenty of evidence he did.  Theyd have camera footage of him hauling in all the luggage with the weapons.  Itd be clear he was setting up on his own.  

Edited by Riversco

2 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Which part? 

1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

If' he's been plotting this for years he definitely had a lot of time to figure it out. With the internet you can research and learn such stuff nowadays. I don't think it's anything more than a loner who was angry and of course mentally disturbed who checked in to the Mandalay last Thurs, set everything up just so, watched the Route 91 show 2 times to get everything right then fired on the last show. I guess we'll see.

I also don't get why the gf didn't come forth some time before this to mention this guy has all these guns. One big clue is the # of guns and AK's someone has. Most people have less than a handful of different ones for range or hunting. Unless he hid them all from her she had to have thought it was odd? They are going to keep talking to her to hopefully break her down more to reveal stuff so it'll be interesting to find out what she knew.

1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

I'm not going down the winding conspiracy theory road with anyone in here. It's talking in circles. Something else is up besides just one random dude with an evil plot. It'll come out eventually. 

I'm just wondering what was so incredible about what he did. he set up cameras? he brought a dozen guns up to his room? he knew to shoot from that vantage point? he hated country music?

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

He was shooting out of both. He'd shoot out of 1, crowd would run closer to the 2nd one then he'd shoot from there and back. They called this something like keeping a pool of people as targets.

:lol: wat? Where did you hear this nonsense? 

He was engaging a singe pool of targets from 300yds away and his two windows were maybe 30' apart. That's like 3 degrees of angle difference. Zero effect like you're talking about there. 

If he did shoot from both windows it was to change weapons and let smoke clear from the first platform. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, saintfool said:

Which part? 

Exactly.  The implication seems to be that that this was complex and couldn't be pulled off by one 64 year old dude.  "Which part?" is a great question.  Amass weapons and ammo.  Reserve room with a a view of the venue.  Transport weapons.  Set up a few cameras, get all your gear straight, knock out a couple windows and hold the trigger down.  

Now not tipping anyone off in the lead up, especially the girlfriend, is pretty amazing.  Partly why I think there's a better chance than not that she had some idea that he was up to something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [icon] said:

:lol: wat? Where did you hear this nonsense? 

He was engaging a singe pool of targets from 300yds away and his two windows were maybe 30' apart. That's like 3 degrees of angle difference. Zero effect like you're talking about there. 

If he did shoot from both windows it was to change weapons and let smoke clear from the first platform. 

That's what they said. Don't shoot the messenger, pun intended..

• Like 1

I'm trying to follow this event/thread from overseas with limited internet access.  So if this has already been answered, please point me in the right direction.

What was the deal with the cameras he set up?  Did he mount them in the hall himself or tap into the hotel's cameras?  If hall mounted, do they know when that happened?  The purpose of the cameras were to alert him when someone was approaching.  Did he wire them into his tv like a cctv setup?

15 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Is it true his table game was 100 no limit, someone said that a bit back.  Shouldn't some famous pro players know the guy if that's the case?

I haven't read that, but if he is indeed a regular at the high stakes poker tables then there should be some folks with some decent info on him 

10 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

That's what they said. Don't shoot the messenger, pun intended..

Who is they? Not doubting you but that's just kinda silly. Curious who is misreporting that stuff. 

27 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Set up something like what? Bring lots of guns to a hotel room over several days and then shoot them indiscriminately out of a broken window for 10 minutes? Just how smart/experienced does one have to be to cookup and carry out that master plan?

Edited by Christo
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I highly doubt all of the questions some of us have will ever be answered.  Usually not how it works. 

How about this one--just what about this event do you think took someone with lots of criminal or military experience to pull off?

47 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I'm not going down the winding conspiracy theory road with anyone in here. It's talking in circles. Something else is up besides just one random dude with an evil plot. It'll come out eventually. 

[I erased the mock conspiracy theory I had here. Some might take it as a joke, which isn't what I want... The theories out there are absolute lunacy, I was trying to highlight that, but decided I don't want anyone thinking this is a joke.]

The whole reason for this post is to try and get conspiracy theorists to actually see how ridiculous some of these theories are. It's insane that people not only engage with any of this, but believe it. This was a lunatic who had a well thought out plan. I read an article about the angle he was at, coupled with people standing shoulder to shoulder. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for this scumbag. If he was well trained, he could've killed hundreds and wounded thousands. 

Edited by fantasycurse42

19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm trying to follow this event/thread from overseas with limited internet access.  So if this has already been answered, please point me in the right direction.

What was the deal with the cameras he set up?  Did he mount them in the hall himself or tap into the hotel's cameras?  If hall mounted, do they know when that happened?  The purpose of the cameras were to alert him when someone was approaching.  Did he wire them into his tv like a cctv setup?

as far as i know, he had cameras set up in the hall to presumably see if/when LE was coming. 

reports out there that he had a camera to record the attack itself, though that is unconfirmed. could be that the feed from the hallway was to the camera he had set up in the room. 

not sure about tapping into the hotel's CCTV. 

6 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

it's going to be near impossible to prevent the replication of this at similar future events. 

I heard a police representative on the radio this morning say that the only way you beat a sniper is with another sniper. 

The future for events such as this means police snipers on rooftops and in helicopters. Sounds expensive, but now needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

What are you talking about?  He shot out windows and opened fire.  Maybe set up cameras in the hallway to know when to kill himself.  Doesn't exactly take a navy seal to shoot indiscriminately into a crowd. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Ridicule her relentlessly.